[Drama 2022-2023] Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong, 조선 정신과 의사 유세풍

larus

Just finish watching Episode 3 and I am so shipped all the 3 Kims...they are so amazing.

Was elated when after Eun-Woo paid her respect to her "so-called husband only in name" she cut off her Goreum (고름) / coat strings,  i was hoping she would remove her black wooden hair pin and drop her hair down considering the wedding day she was all alone as in who did she marry but herself? Even till then Eun-Woo MIL still has no idea what MIL herself has done wrong. At last the MIL and BIL is out of the picture. What a relief.

Am glad Granny's real son whom she calls "Poong" made up with Granny. Thanks to both Se-Poong and Eun-Woo. I believe it was what Eun-Woo said to Granny's real son that made the son realised what went wrong along the way. Even more glad that Granny decided to continue stay with Physician Gye. That's where all the fun and laughter is.

Wow...finally get to see Lady Nam-Hae the cook who is just so wholesome...i hope she will continue to appear in the series. I see her as the "glue" at the meal table.
Little Jang-Goon...what an amazing memory. He is like a computerised disc. He would make the best "medical record administrator"

Every one in Physician Gye Household serves a different role be it big or small and that's enough to keep me wanting to continue watch this series. 
Anyone hoping for Season 2...maybe with the King asking Poong to go back to serve in the Palace and Poong brings Eun-Woo along with him?
Indeed Daebak this series

On 8/3/2022 at 8:24 PM, larus said:

It is my second time I watched Kim Min Jae. I watched him in drama Do You like Brahms?  and in other two guest roles (but those don`t count). I watched Kim Hyang gi in one drama also: The Queen's Classroom and Hero (but she was a child and I don`t remember the role). I saw Kim Sang-Kyung in What Happens to My Family? and a little in Human Market.

I am familiar with all three leads. I like the cast. I will watch today the second episode. I am glad that the rating was higher in the secod episode.  It is a good sign that Korean audience like the show so far.

Hi Larus
Have you watched the following Series Dr Romantic, Dr Romantic 2, Flower Crew...1st time watch Kim Min Jae was in Dr Romantic followed by the rest after that. Oh yes...like him so much in Do you like Brahms

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jojoanna said:

Have you watched the following Series Dr Romantic, Dr Romantic 2, Flower Crew...1st time watch Kim Min Jae was in Dr Romantic followed by the rest after that. Oh yes...like him so much in Do you like Brahms

No, I watched him in Do You Like Brahms. The guest roles were in Goblin and Mr Sunshine.

56 minutes ago, jojoanna said:

Even more glad that Granny decided to continue stay with Physician Gye. That's where all the fun and laughter is.

I like how Gye seams to be the funny guy but in reality he is saving a lot of people. He realised right away who Yoo Se yeop is and he wants to help him. I think Gye knew Poong `s father and his story. I want to know more about Gye, of course about the other people.

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Ratings Climb Back Up + Remains No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama

tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” and KBS2’s “Café Minamdang” both enjoyed an increase in ratings last night!

On August 10, episode 4 of “Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist” garnered an average nationwide rating of 5.1 percent according to Nielsen Korea. This is an increase from the previous night’s score of 4.3 percent.

“Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist” kicked off on August 1 with an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent whereas “Café Minamdang” was slight ahead of it with a score of 4.1 percent on the same day. However, “Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist” overtook “Café Minamdang” on the second day and has continued as the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama ever since.

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Ratings Climb Back Up + Remains No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama | Soompi

Joseon psychiatrist Yoo Se-poong' Kim Hyang-gi, an irreplaceable character #Bitter reasoning ability #Overlapping courage #Warm human beauty

2022081014422201506d3244b4fed18217218513

Kim Hyang-gi is attracting attention by building a new character that has never been seen before through 'Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se-poong'.

In the tvN Monday-Tuesday drama 'Chosun Psychiatrist Yoo Se-poong', which aired on the 9th, the story of Seo Eun-woo (Kim Hyang-gi), Yoo Se-poong (Kim Min-jae), and the family of Kye-seo Clinic was drawn to save Man-bok (Ahn Chang-hwan), who is like family. Man-bok, who climbed the mountain in search of medicine for a sleep-settling campaign, suddenly became a murder suspect, and Seo Eun-woo decides to become a female doctor who has mastered the medical book in order to solve the injustice of Man-bok. .

Seo Eun-woo studied day and night under Yoo Se-poong's special training, and in the meantime, he actively investigated the clues through the words of those around him. However, the investigation is difficult because the real criminal avoids cooking, and the ending of Seo Eun-woo and Yoo Se-poong, who run relentlessly to the end to prevent Man-bok's execution, warmed the viewers' hearts while making them chewy. Among them, we pointed out the attractive points of Seo Eun-woo, who is showing a unique presence with an eye-catching activity along with a new acting transformation.

# There is no backwards, only forward to solve the case... Bitter courage X dignified spirit

Seo Eun-woo appears to be a lovely and precious girl who is far from a difficult job, but in reality, she is a character who has been helping his father, who is his spirit, for a long time to investigate the body. When such an incident occurs, Seo Eun-woo surprises Se-poong with his bulldozer-like appearance that rushes to the scene without retreating. By actively examining struggling corpses and discovering clues necessary for the investigation of the case, he is leading the investigation successfully, giving viewers a sense of exhilaration.

# Warm words and deeds that touch the heart... explosion of humanity

As Seo Eun-woo, who was about to die as a widow in Cheongsang, started a new life with Yoo Se-poong and the family of Gye-sang, and was reborn as a psychic to save and save people. It is a warm comfort to those who are weak and exhausted with overflowing sincerity. Seo Eun-woo's image of crying and smiling together as if it were her own work makes viewers' hearts numb and warms them up.

Kim Hyang-gi, who perfectly digests the role of Seo Eun-woo and leads the play in an exciting and warm manner as an irreplaceable character. With his excellent reasoning and boldness every time, she  has a traction effect in viewership ratings, drawing favorable reviews in every broadcast with the modifier ‘Kim Hyang-gi, who believes and sees’.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202208100208

I am really enjoying this so far.

I just finished watching Kim Min-jae in "Dali and Cocky Prince" so it's so nice to see him in something else again. He is always great.

Although we see him be a "psychiatrist" with that guy who couldn't walk the tightrope, they're not really focusing on that, which is actually kind of nice. He's really just a doctor interested in helping heal others in whatever way he can.

Always pretty sad to see how women are treated in Joseon society. Even if you never even met your husband, you still belong to that family for the rest of your life. Glad Eun-woo got away.

Also pretty sad to see how the people of the "lower" caste are treated. The last two "cases" involve noblemen murdering someone and framing a random innocent person. I hope they have some more interesting stories.

And I love Eun-woo and Poong's partnership. They are really the best.

• Like 3

Poong the Joseon Psychiatrist: Episodes 3-4

by Unit

PoongTheJoseonPsychiatrist3-00010.jpg

As our new entrants settle into the clinic, we welcome an old member of the family and get a peek into their mentor’s backstory. Danger also lurks around our hero, because even though he has left his past behind, the people in his past are not willing to let go of him.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

Rejoining our clinic family this week is their cook, NAM-HEE (Yeon Bora) whose presence adds another spark to the dynamics of the family. With her arrival also comes a murder, and an enthusiastic Eun-woo goes with Poong (who’s scared of corpses, lol) to inspect the body. The suspect is a killer dubbed Gumiho by the villagers, but Gumiho was supposedly arrested a year ago. Eun-woo notices the cutting on the body is different from Gumiho’s signature cut, and discusses her findings with her father, the district governor. But they’re interrupted by the arrival of Shin-woo, the royal inspector from Hanyang (and her father’s old student).

Unlike what you’d expect from an old student, Shin-woo is pretty formal, and slightly condescending towards the district governor for arresting the wrong man. And if that’s not enough to roll our eyes at him, we also learn he’s the adopted son of the second state councilor and was sent by his father in search of Poong. Shin-woo entrusts this task to the high and mighty COMMANDER IM (Kim Hyung-mook), but at the clinic, Commander Im cannot find an acupuncturist Yoo Se-yeob — just a Poong who can’t perform acupuncture. Lol.

One of the clinic’s patients sleepwalks to the scene of a second murder, and with all the evidence pointing to her, she is arrested as Gumiho. To prove she just has a sleepwalking condition and is not a murderer, Poong and Ji-han take Shin-woo to trail after the girl, who sleepwalks out of her cell into the mountains. She collapses beside a grave and has to be taken back into detention, but Ji-han manages to persuade Shin-woo to allow him to visit her daily for some treatment.

On one of such visits, the girl tells them she saw a goblin shoot a star down from a tree and her words don’t make any sense until Eun-woo and Poong go back to the crime scene, and Eun-woo deduces that the victims were shot by an arrow from the tree. True to her suspicion, Eun-woo digs out a broken piece of arrow from one of the bodies, proving that an arrow was the main cause of death and the Gumiho-like cut was just a cover up.

To successfully frame the sleepwalking girl, the killer would need to have known her condition. Hence Jang-goon – thanks to his incredibly retentive memory – digs out the records of the patients who visited the clinic the day the sleepwalking girl was loudly diagnosed, and all roads lead to… Eun-woo’s brother-in-law! Wow! Apparently, he’s working in cahoots with Commander Im to illegally hunt rare animals in the mountains, and had to silence the victims who were looking into the matter.

With her husband’s memorial coming up, Eun-woo returns to her in-laws, but her motive is to search for evidence to prove her brother-in-law’s guilt. He catches her snooping around and tries to strangle her, unconsciously revealing where the murder weapon is, and Shin-woo enters to arrest him. His mother blames Eun-woo for ruining both her sons, but Poong says that based on the clinic’s records, Eun-woo’s husband had stomach cancer and died because his mother relied on talismans rather than getting him proper treatment. Eun-woo then pays her last respects to her husband and cuts off a piece of her hanbok, signifying the ties she has cut with his family. Yes!!

Eun-woo’s desire to help people like Poong does, makes him encourage her to join them in the clinic and study medicine. Poong also drops the formal address of “my lady” and calls her by her first name: Eun-woo. Almost like a rebirth from living under societal dictates to living for herself. Awww. I find it really sweet how Poong always tries his best to bring solace to people. First to the sleepwalking girl, for whom he made a doll as a replacement for the one made by her mother (whose grave she sleepwalks to), and now to Eun-woo. As Eun-woo said, he might not have been able to use acupuncture to cure the girl, but he was able to use the needle (from stitching the doll) to help her. Indeed, what makes a doctor is not his tools, but his heart towards his patients.

Back in Hanyang, one of the king’s court ladies dies, noticeably from the same ailment as the late king. But before her death, she tells the king about a court lady involved in the late king’s death. The court lady in question is the witness to Poong’s father’s assassination, and is currently on the run from the second state councilor. The assassin, who now appears to be Shin-woo, asks Commander Im if the new doctor (Poong) could be Se-yeob, and Commander Im says no. But Im has already pieced Poong’s identity together, and knows he is Se-yeob. He reveals this to Poong and tries to recruit him to his side, but Poong turns him down.

While Poong has found satisfaction in treating the common people, Man-bok bemoans his master’s fate and believes that if Poong didn’t have hand tremors and could still perform acupuncture, he might have had a shot at being called back to the medical office. The clinic then gets a patient who suffers from hand tremors — a noble lady, brought in by her fiancé who appears to be the most caring man in the world. But on a closer look, he’s borderline obsessive – not allowing Poong to take the lady’s pulse because he’s a man, and doing all the talking on her behalf.

Man-bok overhears Poong’s prescription for the tremors (meat and some herbs) and complains that his master isn’t cured because the clinic doesn’t give them any meat. Heh. A frustrated Ib-bun tells him to go catch some meat himself and Man-bok goes to catch a rabbit. Poong refuses to eat the cute rabbit, lol, so Man-bok returns to the mountains to search for herbs instead. There, he sees the noble lady and her manservant on the run, but he assumes the servant is a threat to the lady and confronts him. He’s knocked out and when he comes to, he is beside the now-dead servant and arrested for the murder. Yikes!

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/08/poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-episodes-3-4/

• Like 2

New Event: My Soompi Corner- Summer Round-Up :piggydance:

Chingus, so how was the summer of 2022? What dramas have you been watching?  Time to we catch up with each other. Do drop in and share what you have been up to.  

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :).

monday_rating_collage.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Achieves Its Highest Rating Yet

tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” achieved its highest rating so far!

On August 15, tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” recorded an average nationwide rating of 5.127 percent according to Nielsen Korea. This is a slight increase from the previous episode’s score of 5.059 percent and the drama’s new personal best in ratings.

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Achieves Its Highest Rating Yet | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Min Jae And Kim Hyang Gi Come Up With An Unexpected Solution To Save A Child’s Life In “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”

Kim Min Jae and Kim Hyang Gi have a special plan of action hidden up their sleeve on tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist“!

Based on the novel of the same name, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” tells the story of Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after getting caught up in a conspiracy. When he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful village of Gyesu, he works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

Spoilers

Previously on “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist,” Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo came across a young patient named Suk Chul, who was suffering from mysterious dehydration symptoms. Suk Chul had bruises all over his body, and after noticing that things didn’t seem quite right at home, Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo set out to solve the mystery of what was wrong.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, the duo calls an emergency meeting and gathers the Gyesu Clinic family to talk about the danger Suk Chul is in. However, while most of the Gyesu Clinic family is brimming with determination to save the child, Gye Ji Han is noticeably displeased with what Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo have to say.

When Gye Ji Han expresses his disapproval, the young Jang Goon (Han Chang Min) leaps to his feet to convey his disbelief at Gye Ji Han’s response.

Kim-Min-Jae.jpeg

KIm-Hyang-Gi.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Sang-Kyung.jpeg

Han-Chang-Min.jpeg

Poong-The-Joseon-Psychiatrist.jpeg

The producers of “Poong, The Joseon Psychatrist” cryptically teased, “The escapades of the ‘Gye-vengers’ trio, who are tackling both treatment and mystery-solving, will unfold in a dynamic way [in Episode 6]. The special prescription that could only be given at the Gyesu Clinic will deliver a refreshing kind of fun.”

To find out what kind of solution Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo have in store to save Suk Chul—and whether they will be able to convince Gye Ji Han of their plan—tune in to the next episode of “Poong, The Joseon Psychatrist” on August 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

Kim Min Jae And Kim Hyang Gi Come Up With An Unexpected Solution To Save A Child’s Life In “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” | Soompi

Oooh, this is a really fun show and I have begun looking forward to Mondays now.

Without spoiling anything:

- Every episode is genuinely heartwarming. I love this ragtag clinic family and how they band together to help others and each other.

- The bunny is so cute!

- They tried to make acupuncture sexy. HAHAHA.

• Like 2

I am really loving this one also.

Here is the ratings for Episode 6! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” And “Café Minamdang” Continue Tight Battle With Tie In Ratings

Fierce competition continues for Monday-Tuesday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 16 broadcast of tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” garnered an average nationwide rating of 5.0 percent for episode 6. Although this is a 0.1 percent dip from the previous episode’s score, the drama reached an all-time high of 5.9 percent during the episode.

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” And “Café Minamdang” Continue Tight Battle With Tie In Ratings | Soompi

• Like 1

This place is so quiet. Anyone else still watching? I am still watching and enjoying this drama. It is a light and easy watch after my last korean drama, Our Blues. 

I like both main characters, Poong and Eun Woo and their growth arcs. They are adorable. Do you think Poong and Eun Woo will have a love line? Or just platonic fellow colleagues and partners? 

I also like Sin Woo. I think he will help Poong clear his name and switch side to work for the King. 

• Like 3

Poong the Joseon Psychiatrist: Episodes 5-6

by Unit

PoongTheJoseonPsychiatrist-5-00004.jpg

Our passionate resident doctor continues to spread warmth to the hearts of his patients, and our intern doctor is catching up quickly. Meanwhile in Hanyang, our villain continues to spread his tentacles everywhere in a bid to cover up his crime, but this is proving to be harder than he expected.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

We pick up from last week, with Poong and Eun-woo headed for the docks to bring the killer to justice, and Man-bok being led to the execution ground. It’s a bit of a tense moment for a frightened Man-bok as the executioner (who has been bribed by Ji-han to stall) teases him with the sword. Okay, why are Joseon executioners always so dramatic? The execution is halted when Poong arrives with the killer who is formally arrested after the noble lady gives an eyewitness account of the murder. A relieved Man-bok collapses in Poong’s arms and later on gets a sumptuous feast at the clinic to welcome him back from the land of the almost-dead. I don’t see tofu anywhere in these dishes though. Heh.

Apparently, the fiancé banned the noble lady from playing her geomungo (a traditional stringed instrument) fearing the music would attract other men to her. But her manservant encouraged her to play and even carved a stick for her to strum the strings with. On finding out, the fiancé had destroyed the geomungo and that was when she ran away with the manservant on the ill-fated journey in the mountains. On checking the noble lady’s pulse again, Eun-woo notes that she is getting better, and her hand tremors are gone — thanks to her act of standing up for herself at the docks by using her strumming stick to poke her fiancé in the neck. And this is yet another case of a character in this drama being the one to eventually save themselves.

Our next patient is the son of a mistress who is brought in by the lady of the house (the most influential madam in the village, thanks to her status as one of a previous king’s granddaughters). The young boy is brought in for hallucinations, but as the doctors undress him for treatment, they notice visible bruises from physical abuse. Everyone in the clinic has good things to say about the madam, and they don’t think she is behind it. But the situation worries Poong as the boy suffers from severe dehydration as well.

On taking the boy home, Poong notes that his family is pretty dysfunctional – the father has anger issues and hits his sons, the stepbrothers bully the boy, and the boy’s pregnant mother (mistress) doesn’t regard the madam. Though the mistress appears to be deeply concerned about her son, for some reason, I am not convinced. Eun-woo pleads with Shin-woo to investigate the matter, but he’s still upset that she has chosen to align herself with the clinic. And we learn that his cold attitude towards the district governor is because the governor rejected his marriage proposal to Eun-woo.

When the Shin-woo angle doesn’t work, Eun-woo briefly returns to her married woman’s hairstyle and attends her mother’s tea party to glean information from the madam who is one of the guests. It turns out to be a promising start as the madam is impressed by Eun-woo and wants her to visit their home to take her pulse. Poong presents Eun-woo with his acupuncture kit and though she’s a bit hesitant to accept it, she promises to be his hands pending the time he is able to perform acupuncture again. Awww. But the beautiful moment is witnessed by Shin-woo who is now under his father’s orders to kill Poong discreetly.

On visiting the madam, Poong diagnoses her with heartache from all the happenings in the family, particularly the mistress’s obvious disregard for her. To alleviate these symptoms, Eun-woo performs her first official acupuncture on the madam. Yaay! But her husband is more into shamanism than medicine, and he orders the doctors out of his house… but they’re soon recalled by a servant when the young boy reaches the brink of death. Eun-woo is too nervous to perform the acupuncture, but with Poong’s help, she is able to revive the boy. The mistress then accuses the madam of trying to curse her son to death, and the superstitious husband locks his wife up. Tsk.

Poong pieces things together and discovers that the boy’s hallucinations and dehydration are caused by frequent salt poisoning. To find the culprit, our clinic family stages an elaborate performance and catches the mistress red-handed as she mixes a heap of salt into the porridge meant for her son (or Man-bok, who hides under the covers and pretends to be the son. Heh.) The mistress’s endgame was to frame the madam for her son’s eventual death and then become the lady of the house.

Furious that she has been exposed, she charges at Poong with a knife and ends up stabbing Eun-woo who jumps to Poong’s defense. But to our collective relief, the acupuncture kit under Eun-woo’s clothes prevents the knife from hurting her. Anyway, thanks to this dramatic moment, we get a swoony I-really-thought-I-was-going-to-lose-you hug between Poong and Eun-woo, so I’m not complaining.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/08/poong-joseon-psychiatrist-episodes-5-6/

• Like 2

Some of my fav scenes...   :D

- it was so nice when Poong gave her his needle box..it became even more meaningful when EW

found out that the king gave the box to Poong...

- the scenes when the whole family solves the mysteries...   :approves:

FaVg-iPWQAQRTk3?format=jpg&name=360x360

- the unstoppable couple..   :wub:

• Like 1

I am still watching, I am loving this one still :).

Here is the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Café Minamdang” Remains Steady Ahead Of Finale Despite Stiff Competition From “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”

Fierce competition continues between the Monday-Tuesday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 22 broadcast of tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” garnered an average nationwide rating of 4.652 percent for episode 7. This is a slight dip from the previous episode’s score of 5.0 percent.

“Café Minamdang” Remains Steady Ahead Of Finale Despite Stiff Competition From “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” | Soompi

Kim Min Jae And Kim Hyang Gi Fall Into Danger Due To Mysterious Contagious Disease In “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 23, 2022
by E. Cha

An unexpected epidemic will break out on the next episode of tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist“!

Based on the novel of the same name, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” tells the story of Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after getting caught up in a conspiracy. When he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful village of Gyesu, he works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

Spoilers

Previously on “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist,” Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo successfully uncovered the hidden truth behind the arson incident—and managed to treat the falsely accused Jang Yoo Jung (Kim Han Na) in the process.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, the duo finds themselves facing unexpected dangers when the outbreak of a contagious disease causes chaos in Gyesu. Yoo Se Poong’s eyes are full of alarm and urgency as he covers his nose and mouth while treating patients, while a distressed Gye Ji Han appears lost in thought as he sits surrounded by medical texts.

One of the photos captures Seo Eun Woo presenting something to Gye Ji Han, who looks it over with a grave expression, while another shows Seo Eun Woo unconscious after having collapsed on the ground.

Kim-Min-Jae-1536x1022.jpg

Kim-Hyang-Gi-Kim-Min-Jae-1536x1023.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Sang-Kyung-scaled.jpg

Kim-Sang-Kyung-2-1536x1022.jpg

Kim-Sang-Kyung-Kim-Hyang-Gi-1536x1022.jp

Kim-Hyang-Gi-1536x1022.jpg

The producers of “Poong, The Joseon Psychatrist” teased, “The village of Gyesu will be swept up in chaos due to a contagious disease whose origin is unknown. Please look forward to seeing what kind of sincere help the Gyesu Clinic’s doctors will provide.”

The next episode of “Poong, The Joseon Psychatrist” will air on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1541894wpp/kim-min-jae-and-kim-hyang-gi-fall-into-danger-due-to-mysterious-contagious-disease-in-poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Café Minamdang” Returns To All-Time High For Finale As “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Sees Steady Ratings

tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” achieved an average nationwide rating of 4.749 percent, which is a slight increase from the previous night’s score of 4.652 percent.

“Café Minamdang” Returns To All-Time High For Finale As “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Sees Steady Ratings | Soompi

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there's a Blu-ray promotional cafe on Daum Cafe? I tried navigating DC gall (limited info as a guest) and it seems like the members voted for it but all of my searches have turned up empty... do all blu-ray promotions have to go through the Daum website?

Thank you!

**EDITED TO ADD** They finally opened up the blu-ray cafe! :approves:
http://cafe.daum.net/yusepoongbluray

Edited by Angel888
updated info

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Min Jae And Kim Sang Kyung Have Hilariously Different Reactions To King’s Surprise Visit In “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”

Kim Min Jae and Kim Sang Kyung will receive an unexpected visit from the king on the next episode of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist“!

Based on the novel of the same name, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” is a tvN drama starring Kim Min Jae as Yoo Se Poong, a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after getting caught up in a conspiracy. When he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful village of Gyesu, he works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist,” Yoo Se Poong figured out the truth behind what initially appeared to be an outbreak of a contagious disease. After tracking down the antidote described in the Haedongboncho, Yoo Se Poong put his own life in danger to test the cure himself—and ultimately wound up saving the day.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Yoo Se Poong and Gye Ji Han get into an argument over the Haedongboncho. As he angrily clutches the book in one hand, Yoo Se Poong demands answers from Gye Ji Han about why he’s so determined to keep everything related to the Dansacho plant a secret.

Kim-Min-Jae-Kim-Sang-Kyung-1536x1022.jpg

Kim-Min-Jae-1-1536x1022.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Sang-Kyung-1-1536x1022.jpg

On top of the rising tension between them, another surprise lies in wait for the two doctors: an unexpected visit from the king himself (Oh Kyung Joo).

While the nervous Yoo Se Poong is so startled by the visit that he even needs to have Gye Ji Han take his pulse, Gye Ji Han couldn’t be less fazed. In fact, he truly earns his title of “oddball doctor” by even going so far as to recklessly wave his finger at the king—while Yoo Se Poong looks on in horror at the casual show of disrespect.

Spoiler

Oh-Kyung-Joo-1536x1023.jpg

Kim-Sang-Kyung-Kim-Min-Jae-1536x1022.jpg

Kim-Sang-Kyung-Kim-Min-Jae-2-1536x1023.j

The producers of “Poong, The Joseon Psychatrist” teased that Yoo Se Poong will uncover the secret of the Dansacho plant in the upcoming episodes, remarking, “Yoo Se Poong is getting closer to the truth of that day. As the king who exiled Yoo Se Poong makes his entrance, the story will reach a turning point.”

To find out why the king has sought out the two doctors—and what his arrival will mean for Yoo Se Poong—tune in to the next episode of “Poong, The Joseon Psychatrist” on August 29 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

Kim Min Jae And Kim Sang Kyung Have Hilariously Different Reactions To King’s Surprise Visit In “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” | Soompi