[Drama 2022-2023] Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong, 조선 정신과 의사 유세풍

larus

I agree Episode 2 was so good as well :).

Here is the ratings for Episode 2! :),

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Overtakes “Café Minamdang” To Become No. 1 In Ratings

tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” enjoyed a boost in ratings last night!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 2 broadcast of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” garnered an average nationwide rating of 5.1 percent, which is an increase from the previous night’s premiere score of 3.864 percent.

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” depicts the story of Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after getting caught up in a conspiracy. Afterwards, he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful Gyesu village and works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Overtakes “Café Minamdang” To Become No. 1 In Ratings | Soompi

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, charray said:

I had watched episode 1 and 2 and the story and setting is not bad and I am liking it so far. First time watching Kim Min Jae. 

It is my second time I watched Kim Min Jae. I watched him in drama Do You like Brahms?  and in other two guest roles (but those don`t count). I watched Kim Hyang gi in one drama also: The Queen's Classroom and Hero (but she was a child and I don`t remember the role). I saw Kim Sang-Kyung in What Happens to My Family? and a little in Human Market.

I am familiar with all three leads. I like the cast. I will watch today the second episode. I am glad that the rating was higher in the secod episode.  It is a good sign that Korean audience like the show so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, larus said:

It is my second time I watched Kim Min Jae. I watched him in drama Do You like Brahms?  and in other two guest roles (but those don`t count). I watched Kim Hyang gi in one drama also: The Queen's Classroom and Hero (but she was a child and I don`t remember the role). I saw Kim Sang-Kyung in What Happens to My Family? and a little in Human Market.

I am familiar with all three leads. I like the cast. I will watch today the second episode. I am glad that the rating was higher in the secod episode.  It is a good sign that Korean audience like the show so far.

I went to check him up in Wikipedia and he actually had a cameo in Mr Sunshine which I love. And this show reminded me a lot of Mr Sunshine although the story could not be more different. I think it’s the setting. Mr Sunshine has many scenes of country side beautiful landscape, the lovely and idyllic traditional korean houses with the courtyards, all the agashi and nauri and their servants, their traditions like how the noble lady use their outer coat to cover their heads…….I find similar scenes here..

I had watched Kim Hyang Gi in the movie Innocent Witness where she acted as a young autistic girl who witnessed a murder. She was phenomenal in that movie and I was impressed with her acting. After that, I watched her in Along with the Gods……and would look up her projects if it is something that I am interested in. I watched this because of her. But Kim Min Jae is not bad too as I enjoyed watching him 2 episodes in.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, charray said:

I had watched Kim Hyang Gi in the movie Innocent Witness where she acted as a young autistic girl who witnessed a murder.

I don`t remember his cameo in My Sunshine. :D

I know Kim Hyang Gi from some time because she is from Namoo agency and I was reading news about their artists a couple of years ago.  I know that she appears mostly in movies but since I don`t watch them I am familiar with actors  through dramas.

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong, 조선 정신과 의사 유세풍 - Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi & Kim Sang Kyung - Mon & Tue @ 22:30 KST

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Cast Of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Showcase Their Chemistry In New Behind-The-Scenes Photos

The cast of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” has shown off their cute chemistry in new behind-the-scenes photos!

Based off a novel of the same name, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” depicts the story of Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after being caught up in a conspiracy. Afterwards, he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful Gyesu village and works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

After premiering this week, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” has unveiled new behind-the-scenes stills from episode 2 that capture the cast’s dedication and the lovely atmosphere on set! Check out some photos of Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, Kim Sang Kyung, Ahn Chang Hwan, Kim Soo Ahn, and more below:

Poong-1-800x800.jpeg

Poong-2-800x800.jpeg

Spoiler

Poong-3-800x800.jpeg

Poong-4-800x800.jpeg

Poong-5-800x800.jpeg

Poong-6-800x800.jpeg

Poong-7-800x800.jpeg

Poong-8-800x800.jpeg

Poong-9-800x800.jpeg

Poong-10-800x800.jpeg

tvN’s “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Cast Of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” Showcase Their Chemistry In New Behind-The-Scenes Photos | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, And More Make Nonstop Jokes While Filming “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”

tvN has given viewers of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” a close look behind the scenes of episodes 1 and 2!

Based off a novel of the same name, “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” depicts the story of Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after being caught up in a conspiracy. Afterwards, he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful Gyesu village and works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

The first scene in the making clip is Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo’s first meeting. As Kim Min Jae and Kim Hyang Gi enjoy the outdoors and prepare for the scene, they shyly comment on how awkward it is to chat with a behind-the-scenes camera for the first time in awhile.

One year after Seo Eun Woo saves Yoo Se Poong’s life, he unknowingly returns the favor when he saves her from drowning. Kim Hyang Gi diligently films underwater scenes while fighting her skirt from bubbling up to the surface and Kim Min Jae rushes into the water without hesitation to rescue her.

In rehearsals, Kim Min Jae rushes back to the Gyesu clinic with Seo Eun Woo on his back and the crew members poke fun at him for being tired. He hilariously comments, “It’s a misunderstanding. I’m just acting.” Before continuing with the scene, Kim Min Jae puts on a soaking wet robe and Kim Sang Kyung comments from the side with no expression, “The kids must be cold…You guys film first…We can wait for you…” as Kim Soo Ahn cracks up beside him.

After an exciting scene with everyone in Gyesu village, child actor Han Chang Min goes around and gifts his co-stars some candy. Kim Min Jae and Ahn Chang Hwan thank him happily before adding, “Jang Goon [Han Chang Min’s character] is the best.”

For Kim Joo Ryeong’s special appearance as Seo Eun Woo’s mother-in-law, the actresses show incredible chemistry while filming their harsh scenes, but lots of warmth as soon as the cameras stop rolling. The director suggests, “Should we film a [real] slap just once?” and Kim Hyang Gi sweetly agrees, but Kim Joo Ryeong makes sure to shower the actress in hugs and apologies when the scene is over.

Lastly, Kim Min Jae and Kim Hyang Gi film their cute late-night date scene while mixing in lots of jokes, antics, and giggles.

Watch the full making video here!

[메이킹] 단 2화만에 벌써 힐링 되어버렸다...계수의원 식구들의 미소치료.zip #조선정신과의사유세풍 EP.2 - YouTube

The next episode of “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” airs on August 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Watch: Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, And More Make Nonstop Jokes While Filming “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” | Soompi

Always have a soft spot for Kim Min Jae, and still 25 years old... hopes this drama will do well in ratings...  im not sure about the actress though, seemed too short for Minjae.. haha...  (minjae in Dali and cocky prince was a funny drama)

Im curious, how will the mom in law not hound the daughter in law to die? She will just let her be? :anguished:

The new king is smart.  He knows it was all a plot by those ministers. 

I assume  Jihon used to live and work in the palace and maybe he knows Poong's father too. 

it was a successful mission...   :D

their scenes always made me laugh... 

FZJJ3ySaMAAnc7R?format=jpg&name=360x360

Any kdrama with Kim Min Jae in, count me in!! I just watched the first two episodes and wow! How things went from 0 to 100 for both of our leads… Poong losing his father, not being able to perform acupuncture, and getting kicked out of Hanyang. For eun woo, getting married but never meeting her husband and having in-laws that blame her for her husband’s death.

Hopefully we’ll get to see Poong reveal the truth behind the kings death, but 1 year has passed since that either so I wonder how the palace and Crown Prince is doing..

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

YOU are PLAYING the Female Lead (FL) in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn.

You're about to PRETEND to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man (Male Lead) you've been eyeing. What will  you use to slap her with?

Kimchi? Seaweed? Spaghetti?

tumblr_inline_pt2xv7WGQT1qcgu07_250.gifv

Please vote!

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

Poong the Joseon Psychiatrist Episode 1 and 2 Review: The Fall Of A Genius

Riya Singh, August 6, 2022

Poong the Joseon Psychiatrist (조선 정신과 의사 유세풍) is a Korean historical and medical drama that revolves around a genius physician who gets involved in a palace conspiracy. Now exiled, he finds himself in a village where he meets people who help him get over his trauma and motivate him to move forward. The Korean drama is directed by Park Won-gook and stars Kim Min-jae, Kim Hyang-gi, Kim Sang-kyung, alongside other cast members.

The 12 episodes show premiered on August 1, 2022, and releases new episodes every Monday and Tuesday at 7 PM KST. Poong The Joseon Psychiatrist episode 1 and episode 2 have a run time of 76 minutes and 73 minutes respectively.

-Poong The Joseon Psychiatrist Episode 1 and 2 Review contains spoilers-

The Kdrama starts by introducing the physician Yoo Se-yeop who is a genius acupuncturist and is given the title of Divine Needles by the King. However, things go awry when a controversy to kill the King is put into action and the blame is thrown on his head. His father too faces death when he finds proof of the King being poisoned.

Witnessing the killings, the crown prince who is now king finds a way to save his friend’s life by exiling him. The devastated genius then leaves the capital but is unable to practise acupuncture as he remembers the blood of the former king on his hands. He then tries to jump off a cliff but is saved by the passing Seo Eun-woo. She saves him and gives him words that stop him from ever trying to die.

poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-episode-1-

A year later, Se-yeop reaches a village where he meets Gye Ji-han who steps in when the former is unable to save a man who is choking. He then advises Se-yeop to visit his clinic so that he can fix his shivering hand but is declined. However, fate still takes Se-yeop to the clinic when he saves Eun-woo from her suicide attempt.

Se-yeop then tries to leave but is stopped by Ji-han who asks him to pay. Unable to make the payment, Ji-han makes him sign a contract that has him stay for ten days. However, the content of the contract soon changes when Se-poong is given a man who gets spells of dizziness and walks a tightrope to earn his living.

poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-episode-1-

Se-yeop tells Ji-han that he will leave once he treats the man, but things don’t go as expected because he does not administer acupuncture. The man feels better and tries to walk on the rope but falls. Se-poong reveals about not administering acupuncture and Ji-han calls him a dunce.

Looking at the man crying in front of him, he decides to fulfil the man’s wish of walking on the rope one last time by placing the rope and making him walk on it. Though it seemed stupid, the man does it and feels like he is walking on the rope that is high above the ground.

Ji-han later tells him that if he is unable to perform acupuncture then he should look into others ways of treating people. He adds that the man is unable to walk on the rope and Se-poong now has to stay there for 20 days and help him in treating the patients.

The two then walk to a local officer’s house to check on the lady of the house. After checking on the woman Se-yeop tries to leave but is pulled to a room by a maidservant who is shouting for help. There he sees a bleeding Eun-woo and is shocked.

He rushes to go help her but again is unable to perform acupuncture, so he runs to bring Ji-han. Ji-han soon stops the bleeding and the lady of the house rushes to them and expresses thanks for saving her daughter-in-law. But Se-yeop notices that things aren’t as it seems.

The two go back home where the granny staying at the clinic starts calling Se-yeop Poong which makes everyone question. The duo soon arrive and Se-yeop finds himself thinking about Eun-woo. Elsewhere, Eun-woo is punished by her mother-in-law for causing a ruckus.

At the clinic, Se-yeop looks at the crowd of patients and arranges them in order of the problem that they are experiencing. This impresses Ji-han and his daughter even draws on the signs so that it is easier for the villagers to understand.

The night, the granny does through an episode as she runs around the village with a torch screaming that the barbarians are coming. Se-yeop and Ji-han run behind her and bring her back. She tells Se-yeop that she is experiencing pain in her chest because she feels sad.

The next day, Se-yeop continues to treat the patients who are wooed by his charming face when Eun-woo is hurriedly brought by her maid. He along with Ji-han begins to treat her when Eun-woo’s mother-in-law arrives and tries to take her away but fails when the two interrupt. Se-yeop doubts that she has been poisoned and goes to check on the medicine that she drank.

poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-episode-2-

The mother-in-law is furious and drinks the leftover medicine to prove that there is no poison. He feels ashamed but continues to think about this. Looking at the absentminded Se-yeop, Ji-han sends him behind the granny who is running towards a house where she leaves some flowers and raspberries.

Se-yeop finds out that this is the house of the granny’s son who has abandoned his mother. Later that night, Eun-woo tries to commit suicide but is stopped by Se-yeop who reveals that he is the man she saved a year back. He tells her the words she told him and takes her to the granny for the night.

Eun-woo opens up about her pain to the granny, revealing that her husband died the day after her wedding and the only time she ever saw him was in a casket. Her mother-in-law has been torturing her since then and telling her to commit suicide each day. This is heard by Se-yeop.

The next day, Ji-han tells Se-yeop to continue working at his clinic because no other clinic will take him in as he did. Later at breakfast, Se-yeop is able to find proof of the poisoning during a conversation. He rushes to Eun-woo’s in-law’s house and confronts her mother-in-law.

more https://www.leisurebyte.com/poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-episode-1-and-2/

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” And “Café Minamdang” See Dips In Ratings With Focus Shifted To News Reports

Meanwhile, the third episode of tvN’s “Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist” recorded an average rating of 4.3 percent. This is a slight dip from the previous episode which scored 5.1 percent.

“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” And “Café Minamdang” See Dips In Ratings With Focus Shifted To News Reports | Soompi

Saw the comments saying Poong will not be able to go back to his needle due to his phobia hence he became a psychiatrist?

I think that is sad, he should eventually be able to do what he does best.. and i do welcome the plot whereby he goes back to the palace and find the real killer of the king.... and live in Hanyang, not only as royal doctor only but as a doctor to the public as well....

As for the main actress, she is small.... the more i look at her, the more she reminds me of PO,  Doh Kyung Soo of the 100 Days Prince .. they could be siblings!:D

• Like 1