The Late Choi Jin Shil 최진실 (1968-2008)

Guest bubblieri

Guest goorigoori

It's all over chosun right now. Unbelievable. May in some way be related to Ahn Jae Hwan's loans. How can she just leave her kids?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aisheturu

Oh my goodness, I was so shocked to see this news!

How can she so foolishly do such things for Ahn Jae Hwan?

His wife should be blamed for it, not her!

Guest beautifulfriend

link here

it says that she hung herself in the shower booth..

i loved her in "Star in My Heart"..

i can only imagine how the people who knew her are feeling right now, esp. after the death of Ahn Jae Hwan.

Rest in Peace.

Guest Zombie

This is another shocking K/star suicide. What is happening to the K entertainment industry? :wacko:

I feel so sorry for her 2 kids now.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/10/choi-jin...int-to-suicide/

Choi Jin-shil found dead, indicators point to suicide

October 1st, 2008 // by javabeans

The beautiful and talented Choi Jin-shil (age 40, most recently of The Last Scandal of My Life) has been found dead in her home in Seoul.

According to police, her body was discovered at 6:15 am on October 2 and the reasons for her passing are under investigation.

Police said, “We received a report that Ms. Choi had committed suicide and arrived to confirm her death.”

Another officer: “This morning, we received a report from her family that she had hanged herself in the shower stall.”

Choi had recently gone through some rough times supporting her friend Jung Sun-hee, widow of deceased Ahn Jae-hwan, and had battled rumors making the recent rounds that said she supposedly had lent him money, which she roundly denied. But what a shock — following a messy divorce with baseball player Jo Sung-min, her two small children, ages 5 and 7, were under her sole care. Note: this is very new information, so reports are bound to change in the coming days.

OMG.

Via Joy News

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=361453

Guest polaris

I dont understand!! So what if she lent money to a friend???? Is that such a crime? omg I can't believe she would do such a thing because of that....

I can't believe such a wonderful woman and actress would leave behind her two young children. What could be more important than that? to be there for your kids .

i'm so shocked and saddened///

Guest ♡ Mrs Jung Ji Hoon ♡

Oh my goodness, I was so shocked to see this news!

How can she so foolishly do such things for Ahn Jae Hwan?

His wife should be blamed for it, not her!

The information that Choi Jin Shil lent him money is not true. The woman who started that rumor was arrested a few days ago.

I don't think anyone should be blamed for it.. and that we shouldn't point fingers at anyone because none of us really knows what happened.

This is really sad news.. I still can't believe it.. RIP :tears:

Guest kierelun

This news really shocked me, she is such a good actress in War of Roses. Her children are so young, my heart goes out to her family & we sure going to miss a talented actress. May God bless her and may she find peace in heaven.

Guest chungy

OMG...Im sooooo shocked.

I JUST watched Sang Sang Plus with her brother on today, and I was thinking how she's such a girl person and good friend to Lee Young Ja and Jung Sun Hee and such.

This is soooo unexpected.

Rest in Peace.

Guest kdramafanusa

This news is so shocking and sad, I can't believe it. May she rest in peace.

So heartbreaking for her family especially the 2 kids.

Guest White Star

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking forward to her Scandal season 2..... WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY HER?!

First Eon, now Choi Jin Sil?

i'm speechless.....she have 2 kids.....she seems so happy..... you don't know how upset I am right now. She was the first actress that introduce me to Korean Media.......I can still remember her is Wish upon a star

I just cannot accept this.....after all she went through.... i thought she was finally happy. I look at one of my previous, i a remember writing that i wish could age as gracefully as she did. I was so looking forward to her work 10 years ago, i was looking forward to see her in the screen yesterday.now what am i suppose to look forward to.

+WS+

I dont understand!! So what if she lent money to a friend???? Is that such a crime? omg I can't believe she would do such a thing because of that....

I can't believe such a wonderful woman and actress would leave behind her two young children. What could be more important than that? to be there for your kids .

i'm so shocked and saddened///

i dont get that either, still shocked abt this news..too sad for her children..

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 10-02-2008 09:01

Top Actress Choi Found Dead at Home

South Korea's iconic actress Choi Jin-sil was found dead at her home in what appears to be a suicide amid rumors that linked her to the recent death of another actor, Yonhap News reported quoting police Thursday.

Choi's mother found the actress, 40, with an elastic band around her neck tied to a shower stall in her home in southern Seoul at 6:15 a.m., officers at the Seocho Police Station said.

"We confirmed her death after receiving a call that Ms. Choi committed suicide," a police officer was quoted as saying.

No suicide note has been found.

Police have been investigating rumors that linked Choi to Ahn Jae-hwan, who was found dead inside his car in early September in an apparent suicide. Charred briquettes that would have released toxic gas and bottles of alcohol were found inside the rental minivan, investigators said.

Rumors have since circulated on the Web that Choi had lent a large sum of money to Ahn, who was reportedly in deepening debt due to a failing business. Ahn's financial troubles were seen as the chief factor leading up to his suicide.

Choi sought a police probe into the source of the rumors, calling them groundless. Police arrested a securities company employee this week for spreading the rumors that Choi lent 2.5 billion won ($2 million) to Ahn.

The previous day, the actress came to a studio to shoot a commercial, but the filming was canceled halfway through, with Choi saying she didn't feel well, according to Choi's co-star Sohn Hyun-joo from the drama series "What Husband And Wife Live By."

"From the moment she came onto the set, she looked very weary. Her face looked really bad and she found it difficult to continue and had to stop after two hours," he was quoted as saying.

Since her debut in 1988, Choi swiftly climbed the career ladder to become a household name, clinching main roles in soap operas, movies and commercials to win subsequent awards. Her girlish look and versatile talents brought her the nickname "People's Star."

She was preparing for the second season of her latest hit, MBC drama series "The Last Scandal of My Life," in which she played a 39-year-old woman who finds new love with a top actor after a painful divorce.

The actress tied the knot with pro baseball player Cho Sung-min in 2000 but their marriage ended in a divorce in 2004. Choi is survived by two children.

Guest laura_budora

i understand that she must have been going through hard times

but i think that commiting suicide was not the answer to her problems..

especially since she has two children that she takes care of HERSELF.

what's going to happen to her children now? go to their father? thats going to be so hard for them to adjust to..

this is going to scar them for life.. i cant even imagine how i would react if i found out my mom commited suicide and im 16. these kids are 5 and 7!!!

on a show she talked about how much she loved her children, if she truely loved them she should have tried to endure the pain in some way instead of leaving them..

i know im being really harsh, but after all these celebrity suicides i'm started to lose my sympathy for these people.

for the first couple of people who committed suicide i just said OMG.. RIP how sad, but now its like suicide is NOT the only solution..

all these celebrities seriously need to realize how precious life really is and how truely blessed they are instead of committing suicide left and right.

nonetheless RIP. i hope everything works out for her children.

Archived