[Drama 2023] Doctor Cha , 닥터 차정숙 - Kim Byung Chul, Uhm Jung Hwa

0ly40

16 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

:coolshades:I am being vindictive. My take is, Dr Cha should stay married but live her own life outside the family. Let the mistress stay a mistress and the mistress's daughter stay an  illegitimate child. They shouldn't be allowed into the family register.

You know what, if this happens to me (but, praying it won't :D), your suggestion is what I'm going to do. Unless, of course, I get lucky enough to find a new partner heh.

• Blob 4

18 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Everyone, isn’t it interesting that Roy was adopted by American parents but his surname is still Kim?! In my experience usually adopted kids take the last name of their adoptive families. 

Also how come he speaks so fluently Korean if he grew up with adoptive parents in the US? :loolz:

• LOL 5

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Also how come he speaks so fluently Korean if he grew up with adoptive parents in the US?

I thought about that, too! At first I thought perhaps some Korean-Americans had adopted him and that's the reason for his Korean surname and fluent Korean, but then they showed that picture of his family and I was like....Nope.

And he has to be very well-versed and well-trained in Korean vocabulary for highly specialized liver and pancreatic surgery. I wonder if he went to med school in the US or in Korea.

He becomes more mysterious the more we think about him. B)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

At first I thought perhaps some Korean-Americans had adopted him and that's the reason for his Korean surname and fluent Korean, but then they showed that picture of his family and I was like....Nope.

Me too :D

You know how kdrama logic is...

original.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

On 5/25/2023 at 2:44 AM, partyon said:

This might be serious chingus!

cheating husband has the most issues.. a frozen arm, balding hair vs limp down there, bleeding nose from the fight, mistress who refuses to break up, lost all respect from son and daughter, potential arch rival at work and possibly for wife.. and his nose got too used to poop smell

:saitama:

On 5/25/2023 at 4:13 AM, sweetroad said:

but his surname is still Kim?!

maybe his family name is Roy and his name is Kim.. HAHAHAHA sorry im just joking!

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

Kim Byung Chul Makes It Rain In Desperate Attempt To Win Uhm Jung Hwa Back On “Doctor Cha”

Kim Byung Chul Makes It Rain In Desperate Attempt To Win Uhm Jung Hwa Back On “Doctor Cha”

Kim Byung Chul is about to go all out trying to win Uhm Jung Hwa back on JTBC’s “Doctor Cha”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Doctor Cha,” Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa) finally told her husband Seo In Ho (Kim Byung Chul), after much deliberation, that she wanted a divorce. The episode ended on a cliffhanger, however, when Seo In Ho suddenly collapsed and fell unconscious after hearing the news.

In the drama’s upcoming episode, Seo In Ho embarks on a wild scheme to change his wife’s mind. First, he attempts to win over his mother-in-law Oh Deok Rye (Kim Mi Kyung) by acting uncharacteristically caring and affectionate at her bedside in the hospital. Confused by the change in her usually aloof son-in-law’s demeanor, Oh Deok Rye can’t help acting awkward in response to his sudden transformation.

However, Seo In Ho’s efforts don’t end there. The determined doctor also plans a surprise event that hilariously involves two money guns—and Cha Jung Sook is unable to hide her shock and horror as her husband unexpectedly makes it rain.

Kim-Byung-Chul-2.jpgUhm-Jung-Hwa-3.jpg

But in spite of Seo In Ho’s attempts to get back in his wife’s good graces, he faces some stiff competition in the form of Roy Kim (Min Woo Hyuk). When Oh Deok Rye runs into Roy Kim, who was her daughter’s surgeon, at the hospital, both parties are delighted to see each other. Watching the two get along so well, Seo In Ho’s jealousy spikes once more.

Doctor-Cha-4.jpg

Spoiler

Min-Woo-Hyuk-3.jpgKim-Byung-Chul-2-1.jpg

The producers of “Doctor Cha” teased, “Cha Jung Sook’s divorce announcement gives rise to an entertaining transformation by Seo In Ho. Please look forward to the grand divorce prevention scheme planned by Seo In Ho, who will go from ‘stern and serious’ doctor to something completely different as a result of his desperate struggles. His pitiful fight to recover his relationship with Cha Jung Sook will make viewers laugh.”

They went on to add, “Please stay tuned to find out whether Seo In Ho’s transformation will be able to change Cha Jung Sook’s mind.”

To see just how far Seo In Ho goes in his quest—and whether his efforts will bear fruit—catch the next episode of “Doctor Cha” on May 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1590199wpp/kim-byung-chul-makes-it-rain-in-desperate-attempt-to-win-uhm-jung-hwa-back-on-doctor-cha

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

HA!  I knew it.  Her MIL was swindled by a no doubt philandering husband.  Glad the brawl brought her mother the truth but these women are quick to go ballistic…:wow1:must be the age group.  Dr. Cha should have told her mom as it should have come from her or family 1st.  Déjá vu indeed.  The MIL wanting to move on from observing memorials for her husband is good, I guess not knowing the customs, but she needs to choose better men. This drama makes me laugh in spite of the serious undertones.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

"Mr. Charmer" In Ho must think he's some rapper from the streets of the Bronx in NYC tryin' to make it rain with the pocket money for Jung Suk's mom. Not even surprised anymore by his antics.

The man is a buffoon and a child. I am glad Jung Suk took responsibility for the failure of their marriage, which is more than I can say for "Mr. Charmer". And like mother, like son as In Ho's mom is a homewrecker herself LoL geez.

Now Jung Suk's mom knows.. oh dear what will happen next LMFAo!? Still this drama can't ever top the histrionics of "The Penthouse" - that one is in a league of their own LoL. Let the games begin eh LoL?!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 13 :).

“Dr. Romantic 3” Ratings Rise Slightly As “Doctor Cha” And “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Dip

“Dr. Romantic 3” Ratings Rise Slightly As “Doctor Cha” And “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Dip

The battle for Saturday night drama ratings remains as fierce as ever!

On May 27, JTBC’s “Doctor Cha”—which soared to a new all-time high with its previous episode last week—continued its reign at first place in its time slot despite seeing a significant decrease in viewership. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the popular drama scored an average nationwide rating of 14.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1590271wpp/dr-romantic-3-ratings-rise-slightly-as-doctor-cha-and-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-dip

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

HA!  I knew it.  Her MIL was swindled by a no doubt philandering husband.  

Yes, it was definitely in the cards this whole time. MIL probably deserved to be swindled as she seems to be money hungry and ready to throw her daughter-in-law away for mistress's money....

17 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

This drama makes me laugh in spite of the serious undertones.

Me too! Laughed many times out loud while watching ep 13 :D

15 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Now Jung Suk's mom knows.. oh dear what will happen next LMFAo!?

The truth is out! Interesting that no one has properly diagnosed Dr Cha's mom. With shoulder pain and weight loss, a tumor in her lung should be ruled out. Not sure why they haven't performed a CT scan on her yet?

gifmiah.gif

With 3 episodes left, it looks like Doctor Cha is sick again. One of the symptoms of liver failure (cirrhosis) is coughing up blood.

My hunch is that Dr Cha's liver transplant has failed and to save her she is going to need a new liver transplant.

My guess is that hubby Inho will this time save her life. @YongZura⁷ @Ameera Ali @agenth @sadthe1st @sweetroad @rocat what say you?

• Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

what say you?

she is overly exhausted.. i dont really want her to die cos of liver failure, her mom would be devastated with guilt since its due to the fake medicinal drinks she bought for her..

mistress seems ready to dump cheating husband though.. i was quite sure as much as her love life is a mess, she still stands dignified as a doctor and will help dr cha’s mom..

that mil is being scammed both wealth and love lol we all expected it, but she should be grateful that the gangnam building was put under dr cha’s name else it will be gone too!

• Blob 3

31 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

she is overly exhausted..

Coughing blood is a bad sign, chingu. :grimace:

32 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

mistress seems ready to dump cheating husband though.. i was quite sure as much as her love life is a mess, she still stands dignified as a doctor and will help dr cha’s mom..

I sure hope so. The way she has been acting lately makes her look like she is crazy. For real.

aint-you-got-no-pride-black-hand-kelly.g

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 5/27/2023 at 4:20 AM, sadthe1st said:

maybe his family name is Roy and his name is Kim.. HAHAHAHA sorry im just joking!

This actually could be it, chingu! :)

21 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

Dr. Cha should have told her mom as it should have come from her or family 1st.

Totally agree. It drives me crazy when people don't tell people important information just to keep the other person from worrying. This has happened to me and I'm still traumatized.

19 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

"Mr. Charmer" In Ho must think he's some rapper from the streets of the Bronx in NYC tryin' to make it rain with the pocket money for Jung Suk's mom.

That was hilarious. At first I thought it was product placement for those money guns! He was so gleeful, too, and everyone else was just thinking about the money falling into the food. :joy:

3 hours ago, partyon said:

With shoulder pain and weight loss, a tumor in her lung should be ruled out.

3 hours ago, partyon said:

One of the symptoms of liver failure (cirrhosis) is coughing up blood.

:tears: Not looking good for either of them.

Did everyone swoon when Roy Kim told Dr Cha to "hurry up and come to me"?! I think I died a bit. :wub:

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Did everyone swoon when Roy Kim told Dr Cha to "hurry up and come to me"?! I think I died a bit. :wub:

Uhm no… Am actually not feeling any kind of romantic chemistry between Dr Cha and Dr Roy. :grimace:

• LOL 3

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Uhm no… Am actually not feeling any kind of romantic chemistry between Dr Cha and Dr Roy. :grimace:

I'm not feeling much mutual chemistry, but the way he said that made my heart skip a beat. Even with his eyeliner on.

• LOL 3

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Me when he said it:

Your heart is not easily moved. Mine is moved a bit too easily? :wub:

~

I know Dr Cha's mom won't want to be Choi Seung-hi's patient now that the truth is out, but it didn't make too much sense to me that Dr Cha wanted her to switch doctors asap. Choi Seung-hi is still a doctor and I assume she'd be professional and caring toward all her patients, even the MIL of her lover. But I guess it was just too close for comfort for Dr Cha.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Choi Seung-hi is still a doctor and I assume she'd be professional and caring toward all her patients, even the MIL of her lover. But I guess it was just too close for comfort for Dr Cha.

I agree with this! Her work ethics as a doctor should come first.
My thought was that Dr Cha was not worried about Seung Hi being a good doctor, but that she would blab to mom that she is In Ho's mistress.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2