[Drama 2022] Blind,블라인드

larus

Heart wrenching episode for me.  SJ goes through a lot.  

Episode title:  In Search for Lost Time

Ep 14 Recap - DO NOT READ unless you want to be spoiled:

Spoiler
  • SJ has caught YJ.  SH looks on.  YJ seems puzzled by the situation.  YJ:  "Hyung, what is this?"
  • SJ gives YJ the Miranda.  YJ keeps calling to SH.
  • Reporters are already at the police station when they bring in YJ.
  • The news pegs YJ for the Joker murders and holding the 8 hostage.  The chief and Mother are identified as among the hostages.  Chief is worried.  Mother says she went there to reason with him, because he was from Hope, which is where she adopted her son from.
  • She apologizes to SH when she gets home.  She says derogatory things about YJ.  How foolish to obsess over the past.
  • The judge asks why the press conference so soon.  What about the other hostages.  Anything to worry about?  She says they should all be afraid about their own secrets.
  • The police are trying to schedule interviews with all the hostages to get their statements.  Mother wants to do a written statement instead.  The receive the arrest warrant for YJ.
  • Chief asks about YJ confession.  He wants the case closed quickly.  He even says to call them random killings.  
  • SJ says they weren't random. "You know that, too."
  • So, chief, "What's your connection to Hope Welfare Center?"  They need his victim statement. :P
  • SJ goes to interrogate YJ.  He shows him the adoption papers and asks how he did that.
  • YJ is surprised that SJ found out who he was, calling him incompetent.  "My brother must have told you."  (Again with reference to SH.  In a way YJ reminds me of SJ.  Both have a desperate need for validation from SH.)
  • YJ thinks there is no way SJ would have caught him without help from "uri hyung".
  • But he stabbed him.  YJ denies stabbing SH.  But SH says he did. (uh-oh was that news to YJ??)
  • However, the evidence is inconclusive as you cannot see YJ's face in the photos.
  • The shoes with paint found in YJs apartment are common shoes.
  • YJ asks if there is any evidence to prove he did any of the murders.  JMC implicated him, but he is dead.
  • SJ is upset.  They might only be able to charge him for the assault on SH and the abduction of the 8.  There is only circumstantial evidence in the serial murders.
  • SJ thinks there must be something.  There were video cams at every crime scene.  YJ must have filmed everything.  He sent the video to the chief.  They check the evidence room for YJ's stuff.  
  • There's not much.  The laptop is missing the hard drive.  We see the chief got there first and disposed of the hard drive in the Han River.  He also found a memory card, which he also tossed.
  • EunKi and her mom are walking along the shore.  She is telling EunKi her story.  She had her suspicions, but then she witnessed Crazy Dog beating a child.  That's when he attacked her.
  • She couldn't let EunKi know who her father was.  She never regretted having her.
  • SJ and SH talk at home.  All the evidence in the laptop and on the phone are gone.  YJ didn't have time to get rid of everything.  Who helped him?
  • SJ is determined to find direct evidence.  SH offers to help.  
  • YJ is surprised (almost angry) to see SH in the interrogation room.  SJ leaves them alone.  SH says he asked to meet YJ.  SH says he wants to help YJ by getting him a good lawyer who can keep him from being executed and get a life imprisonment instead.  (Gee, thanks)
  • YJ leans in to whisper.  I think he tells SH that he hid the evidence.  But YJ wants to know why SH stopped him from killing everyone.  Isn't that what he wanted?  YJ thinks it was because of SJ.
  • YJ says out loud, "You didn't betray me, did you?"
  • EunKi asks SH for help.  She wants to reveal the truth about Hope.    All the perpetrators must be punished.  She plans to use the media.
  • Mom wants to meet YJ.  She made him food.  YJ doesn't understand.  She wants to know about InSeong.
  • YJ tells her about the escape attempt.  InSeong got caught in the trap.  He didn't receive any treatment.  He was suffering, so YJ freed him from his misery.  YJ cruelly tells Mom how InSeong missed her cooking.
  • EunKi and SJ meet.  She tells him what she found out about her birth.  She asks if he's spoken to Mother yet.  He hasn't, but he's preparing for the worst.
  • SJ finds a memory card hidden in YJ's earbuds case.  He goes to see YJ.
  • SJ plays dumb, he wonders why JMC was brought into the picture.  Since Yj is so smart, what does he think?  To have a trial by jury?  Get attention for the case.
  • SJ continues to get YJ to talk about his "theories".  He's actually getting excited talking about the case.
  • What about the Joker smile?  That part probably wasn't for revenge.  Maybe the killer just enjoyed it.
  • Let's talk about the chief's daughter.  She was beaten first.  Maybe the killer was too weak to handle her.  YJ says the taxi driver beat her.  Hmmmm, how did he know that?
  • He must have followed Choi and finished the job after he left.
  • SJ says all serial murders have their habits.  He kills, cuts their mouths, and also...
  • ...takes a murder video.  That's his trophy.  Have a look...
  • SJ shows him the video from Kang's daughters wedding.
  • YJ wants to know where he got the video.
  • YJ in disbelief thinks that SH told him where it was.
  • SJ asks why he killed the innocent daughters?  It's because they killed his sister.  He wanted them to feel the same loss of someone precious.  That's justice.
  • He tries to needle YJ by saying my brother thinks you're trash.
  • But then YJ angrily says, he should have killed SJ back then...in the playground.
  • It triggers a memory in SJ of his fall.  It was YJ who pushed him off the slide.  It was also YJ who met him after he lost his memory and thought he was adopted.  He just remembered someone calling out "YoonJae".  Could that be his name?
  • SJ gets angry and starts to beat up YJ.
  • SeokGu stops him.  YJ asks, "Why do you have that necklace?"  SJ can't remember.
  • SH is meeting with the PD and asking for his help to do something.  If he does, SH will help bury the past.
  • SJ and SH meet at a cafe.  SJ asks about the playground.  Why did he tell him it was an accident?  He thinks he was scared and he also wanted to protect YJ.  SJ lost his memory anyway, so he thought nothing would happen.
  • Did he know SJ met YJ again?  And YJ planted his memories into SJ and made him into himself.  SJ ended up living as Jung YoonJae from Hope for 20 years.
  • SJ thinks there may be something more, but he doesn't know what it is.  What about this necklace?  SH says he gave that to him.  SH:  remembers when Jung YoonJung gave the necklaces to YJ and SH, because they were "family"
  • SH says he thought of SJ as a real younger brother.  SJ gets emotional (me, too)
  • But why didn't he ever ask who he really was?  He thought he would be abandoned if he ever brought it up.
  • The chief is looking at an article on the internet about Hope.  He is livid.  He gets a call.  Mother wants to meet.
  • PD is there as well.  He plans to do an investigative documentary on Hope.  He started feeling guilty when all the deaths started.  He still has the footage from 20 years ago.  Add that to the interviews with the survivors, he might be looking at a Broadcasting Award.  He will submit his final proposal at the end of the week.  They should talk between them selves and get back to him.
  • Chief says he'll get rid of the evidence that the PD has.  In the meantime Mother should get some money together to pay him for his trouble.  Mother agrees.
  • EunKi is meeting with the shaman.  She is trying to convince her to do the TV interview.  She doesn't want to.  She may hate YJ, but what about the other kids?  She has a vision about SH. (I hate this.  Are they really trying to make me hate him again????)
  • YJ is being transported.  The chef is watching.
  • They run into SH in the hallway.  YJ is angry.  He asks SH if he told SJ where to find the evidence.  As he is pulled away, he says "You must have another plan, right?"
  • SH gets a call from the PD.
  • At the top of the stairs YJ asks SJ if he found the answer about the necklace.  Yes, and he was touched by it.  Then he must not have found the answer.  Does he really not know who made him like that?
  • He pushes SJ down the stairs.  It jogs his memory.
  • SH is indeed giving him the necklace.  But it is because "it was his in the first place".  SH tells him his real name is Jung YoonJae.  He was at Hope before he came to the house.  Scary people live at Hope.  There he was #13.
  • SJ is in pain.
  • YJ is telling him about the scary people, Crazy Dog.  If he catches you, he will kill you.
  • SH is telling him he shouldn't tell anyone he is from Hope.  If Mother finds out she will abandon him there.
  • SJ can't bear remembering.  It hurts.  He remembers what SH just said about the necklace and being "family".
  • SJ goes to see YJ in his cell.  He shows him the necklace.  He asks why he said SH betrayed him.  Yj assumes he's found his answer...END

Preview

• Voiceover EunKi:  "Your second chance to make up for your mistake"
  • SJ putting the necklace on the scratch pad
  • Photos being handed over (looks like to Mother.  looks like it might be of father)
  • SJ trying to break down an office door
  • SH telling PD to "pretend it happened, when it didn't"
  • SH talking to YJ in jail.
  • SH giving EunKi an envelope
  • YJ asking to be let out (WHAAAAAA?)
  • SJ trying to believe in SH "You roped my brother into it"
  • Someone getting beat up in an alley (Is it SH beating up PD.  Man on ground has a bag, maybe $$$???)
  • "He didn't start this because of me"
  • SJ:  "This time, get it right"
  • Someone fishing, SH watching????
  • SJ:  "What do you think I'll do next"

I think we'll get more details Jung YoonJung's death.  I hope its not too graphic.  Wonder if the chef will try to free YJ.  We should also find out why he is so loyal to him.  Will Crazy Dog continue trying to kill YJ?  Will YJ kill SH because he feels betrayed?  Will the chief commit suicide to escape the backlash?  If PD tries to back out, will EunKi take up the torch and find another way to expose Hope?

So much to pack into the last 2 episodes.

• Blob 1

NEW EVENT: Spooky Soompi: Part 2 (Ghosts & Zombies & All Things Spooky in K-Dramas & K-Movies!)

We are back with Part 2 of our  Spooky Soompi. :evillaugh:

Let's talk about all our favourite spookiest K-dramas and K-Movies that we absolutely love watching  in spite of experiencing sleepless nights afterwards. :fear:

Vote for your favourites now! :hooray:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart  @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

Finished ep 13 and 14 last night

Spoiler

I'm not digging Eun ki being the daughter of thug Baek.  

Our poor SJ; you just want to hug him.  I can't believe SH was so awful to SJ when they were kids.  

I also feel bad for In Seung's omma.  She was so hoping to find her son.  I think the best scenario is for SJ and In Seung's omma to become a family.  It doesn't matter that it isn't biological, they're just good people with big hearts.  I don't like SJ's parents; they clearly favor SH.

• Blob 1

47 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Hide contents

I'm not digging Eun ki being the daughter of thug Baek.  

Our poor SJ; you just want to hug him.  I can't believe SH was so awful to SJ when they were kids.  

I also feel bad for In Seung's omma.  She was so hoping to find her son.  I think the best scenario is for SJ and In Seung's omma to become a family.  It doesn't matter that it isn't biological, they're just good people with big hearts.  I don't like SJ's parents; they clearly favor SH.

I agree with everything!!!

• Blob 1

Here are the ratings for episode 15! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Golden Spoon” Ratings Rise As “Blind” Holds Steady Ahead Of Finale

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Blind” remained stable ahead of its series finale. With just one episode left in its run, the mystery thriller starring 2PM’s Taecyeon, Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji, and Ha Seok Jin scored an average nationwide rating of 2.5 percent for its penultimate episode.

“The Golden Spoon” Ratings Rise As “Blind” Holds Steady Ahead Of Finale | Soompi

• Like 1

Only one more episode after this. :crybaby: I'm not ready to let go.

Episode title:  The Designer

Ep 15 Recap - DO NOT READ unless you want to be spoiled:

Spoiler

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  I guess that's what the writer had in mind for our baby SJ.  He is being put through the wringer and feeling a lot of pain as the onion layers are peeled back.  But all that pain fuels his search for the truth.

• SH is looking at his reflection in the window.  He sees his younger self.
  • He is in the Hope cell area.  YJ opens the barrel.  Inside is the bloody body of the director of Hope we saw in one of the previous episodes.  YJ asks, "What should I do?"
  • The title of the episode appears, superimposed over SH.  (I guess we now can be sure of what's coming)
  • The scene where YJ pushes SJ down the stairs is replayed. (We have to relive that scene where SJ regains his memories of SH manipulating him.  It was so hard to watch last week.)
  • SH says, "It's your fault for being born to your parents."  (Double meaning there.  I think he really was giving an excuse as to why he was doing that to SJ.  Of course SJ took it to mean that's why he was a Hope.)
  • SJ, "hyung..." (soooooo sad)
  • SJ in the bathroom.  He rips off the necklace while remembering the lie SH told him about being family.
  • SJ goes to see YJ in the holding cell.  He shows him the necklace.  SJ asks why he thinks SH betrayed him.  "So have you found the answer?"  SJ asks why he made him remember.
  • SJ says serial murders are sentenced to death.  Even if they are not executed they will stay in prison forever.
  • SJ asks when did he start planning the murders.  "From the moment he made you into me."  SJ asks if he planned it with SH since then.  YJ doesn't answer.
  • SJ says YJ is afraid SH will betray him.  He guesses they must be accomplices.
  • SH is from a good family, well respected in the community.  It would be easy to put all the blame on YJ.  (You can see the seeds of doubt have been sown)
  • SJ is reviewing the case board.  Wondering why he didn't see that SH was involved.  He soon realizes that SH meticulously planned everything, including his being stabbed.
  • EunKi is working on the exposé. SJ calls asking her about the "address clue".  She didn't do it.
  • PD, chief and mother are meeting.  PD opens the bag full of money.  PD agrees that it wouldn't do any good to look at the 20-yr old case.  He gives them a bag with a tape.  He doesn't have any more copies.  PD recalls SH telling him to lie about having the tape.  (He had already given it to YJ)
  • PD says, however, that these 3 are not the only ones who know what happened.  They talk about taking care of the other hostages.  
  • PD heads back to the broadcasting station.  Someone beats him with a brick and takes the bag of money.
  • EunKi meets SH at a cafe.  They are waiting for PD.  SH calls.  PDs phone is turned off.
  • Chief puts the tape in a camera to look at it.  There is nothing on it.
  • Mother arrives at home.  A delivery guy hands her an envelope.  It's the chef.  It has pictures of the judge coming down the stairs long ago.
  • The judge sees the pictures and suspects the PD.  Mother says not him.  She suspects maybe SH?  She say both boys have been acting strange lately.  SH knows everything that they did.
  • SJ is at home....thinking.  EunKi and SH come home.  SJ seems to ignore their greetings and questions.  SH asks about getting YJ to confess.  SJ drops the necklace on the scribble pad.
  • SJ asks EunKi to talk outside.  He asks if she's found a place and tells her she should move tomorrow.  SJ says he is suspicious of SH.  Don't tell anyone her new address.
  • SH is shaken.  The next morning he leaves the house early and SJ follows.
  • They pass a place with yellow striping on the ground and wonders if that's how SH and YJ got the paint on their shoes.
  • SH is meeting someone behind some trees.  (It looks like it could be the chef)
  • EunKi goes to the broadcasting station looking for the PD.  He's not there.  She asks about the Hope documentary and finds out that it has not yet been approved.
  • She calls SJ and says she found a place.  She says the PD lied about the documentary.  SJ finds out that it was SH who told her it was settled.
  • SeokGu calls to say the PD was killed.  SJ goes to the scene.  The police think it was the chef, since YJ is in jail.  
  • SH goes to meet YJ in jail.
  • SH wants to know what YJ did to SJ.  YJ says he got his memories back.  SH gets angry at YJ for fooling around.  He might mess up this plan that's been years in the making.
  • YJ says he got mad because SJ told him SH would betray him and leave him to take all the blame.
  • SH says the reason he left him in jail because he is a loose cannon.  YJ tries to threaten SH, but SH isn't afraid of him.
  • SJ goes to the restaurant where the PD met the others.  She confirms he was there and met a man and a women.  SJ goes to check the room.  He finds a camera in a pot.  He checks the CCTV.
  • He sees the PD go in.  He notices he left with a different bag.  He sees his Mother and chief arrive.  He also sees that SH went in before them and concludes he left the camera.
  • SJ goes to see Mother and asks what happened.  He asks why she brought a bag of money.  She lies that is was just papers.  She finally admits he was blackmailing her.  He asks about Hope.
  • SJ tells her to make the right decision.
  • SH is looking at the video from the restaurant.  SJ calls.  He wants to meet.  SH is busy.
  • SJ says that SH must have killed PD.  He knows he was the one who installed the camera.  He knows he wanted to check how these 3 would act.  And they haven't changed in 20 years.  So he killed the PD.  Will he kill the chief and Mother next?
  • SH:  "Guess what my next move will be.  Don't be wrong."
  • SJ runs to the judiciary building.  SH is not there.
  • EunKi is walking home.  SH stops her and gives her an envelope.  She'll know what to do with it when she sees what's inside.  She asks him if he is the accomplice.  He doesn't answer.
  • Chief goes to see YJ in jail.  Seems Yj wanted to see him.  YJ wants out for one day.  In exchange he will give him the evidence of his corruption.  The chief doesn't believe he has evidence.
  • SJ goes to see YJ.  He wants to know who is going to be killed next.  He wants to stop SH.
  • YJ says he's wrong.  YJ is not the mastermind.  This is all SH's plan.
  • We see the origins of the plan.  SH has collected info on all the perpetrators.  YJ suggests starting with their children.  He even suggests the chief's grandson, but SH is against that and they settle on the daughters.  This is revenge for YoonJung.  They go through each one deciding on a fitting revenge.  We also find out the chef was part of the plan from the beginning.
  • Once agin YJ has managed to hit SJ where it hurts.  He is shaken and near tears.  SH is the mastermind and YJ is the executioner.  And it's not over yet.
  • The hidden camera video hits the news.  The informant says another video will be delivered tomorrow.
  • Mother and Father are arguing, pointing fingers at each other.
  • SJ in racking his brains at the station.  EunKi arrives and say she is worried about father.  She found a petition in the envelope.  It was written be SH 20 years ago.  His real name is Im SungHoon.  He tells the judge about Hope, the attempted escape, #24's death, #12's accident, and #7 being sent to a mental hospital.  The judge takes the petition, but nothing changes.
  • SH calls.  He says to come to a fishing spot.  SH is already there and Father is fishing.  SJ races there...END

Preview

• It is raining.  SH and SJ fight
  • EunKi is holding a flash drive
  • A man in black is shot (was that the chef?)
  • Mother is being interrogated at the police station
  • EunKi is about to do something with the evidence
  • SH entering a police car
  • There will be a jury trial....(for whom?)
  • SH saying he will have to stick to his plan

In the last few episodes SJ has been showing a lot of self-control.  He is a good detective, when he is not flying off the handle.  But he has been in a lot of pain and it's not over yet.

I think SH grew attached to EunKi and that's why he saved her from YJ.  I also thought he had some feeling for SJ (because he produced the video from JMC's death), but I was mistaken.  I think the original plan may have been for SJ to take the fall for the first 2 murders.  Since that didn't work, SH inserts himself into the investigation to make sure nothing else goes wrong.

Will the chief give YJ his one day of freedom?  Who will he kill during that time?

EunKi will likely be the one to reveal the truth to the world.  Mother, father (if he is not dead) and chief are going down.  Are EunKi's mom and the shaman out of the woods?  Will we see SH and YJ be punished?

The truth will be revealed in the end, but will anyone find happiness?

• Blob 1

Ep 15 1 ep left :bawling:

Spoiler

Wasn't it dumb for the PD, carrying a bag full of money, to walk down a dark alley?  I know he had to so he could be murdered, but weren't you yelling, "why are you walking down a dark alley?!"

So, SJ/SH's father was also connected to Hope Welfare center?  I thoughtless he was going to be totally clueless, then outraged when he discovered how his wife was involved.  

My heart ached watching SJ with tears in his eyes, alone in his car, after he told his mother to do the right thing.  

Is SH going to kill his father?  Yes, he did wrong, but he also made at least some amends by adopting SH and actually favoring him over his biological son.

16 hours ago, TheaN said:

The truth will be revealed in the end, but will anyone find happiness?

I think SJ and Eun ki will be friends, if not a couple.  They both have some trauma and can lean on each other.  I didn't see any signs that either had romantic feelings for the other, but they were focused on catching the culprit.

Can't wait to watch the final episode.  

• Blob 1

Hmmm...Watched 16 Raw and is it just me?..I feel cheated. So anti climatic. I don't even see how it would be improved by having the subs.  It took 'til 15 to really semi cement "the Designer's" position. Was hoping to be wrong with another twist somewhere but just ugh... Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

• Blob 1

Here are the ratings for episode 16 *Last episode*! :).

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Blind” ended on a rise in viewership, scoring an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent for its series finale.

“One Dollar Lawyer” Heads Into Finale As Most-Watched Miniseries Of Entire Week + “Blind” Ends On Ratings Rise | Soompi

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Blind,블라인드

Blind: Episodes 13-14

by mistyisles

http://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Blind1314-00099.jpg

The killer’s cover may have been blown, but catching and securing evidence against said killer proves to be another matter entirely. He’s built his web well, and it’s hard to tell just how many people he’s already drawn into it.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

In-sung looms over Sung-hoon’s hospital bed. Before he can attempt the murder a second time, someone else enters the room, and In-sung slips out. That isn’t much improvement for Sung-hoon, however, because his new visitor is Moon-kang (who feigned insanity to get out of police custody).

Now aware that Sung-hoon is #11, Moon-kang demands information about Yoon-jae, again resorting to strangulation when Sung-hoon refuses to answer. The only thing that saves Sung-hoon is that Moon-kang belatedly pieces together who he just saw leaving the room. He rushes out to the hallway, but of course In-sung is long gone.

Sung-joon is relieved that Sung-hoon is awake, but though his suspicions are cleared, he would like an answer for Sung-hoon’s secret-keeping. Sung-hoon explains that he had to keep his cards hidden so he could catch the killer, and confirms that In-sung — A.K.A. Yoon-jae — is the one they’re after.

Meanwhile, the restaurant ajumma cooks breakfast for In-sung. Though the cracks start to show in In-sung’s act (perhaps on purpose), the ajumma wants to believe he’s her son so badly that she ignores the red flags. Even when Sung-joon tries to convince her that In-sung is dangerous, she insists that she knows her child and a DNA test isn’t necessary.

Sung-joon has the test done anyway. As expected, In-sung’s DNA doesn’t match the ajumma’s, but it is similar enough to a recently unearthed skeleton to conclude that the deceased girl was Yoon-jae’s sister, Yoon-jung.

Not long after, In-sung vanishes — and along with him, the ajumma, Eun-ki, Eun-ki’s mom, Sung-joon’s mom, shaman juror Kyung-ja, and Police Chief Ki-nam. That makes eight people including Moon-kang and PD Bae Chul-ho, who were already considered missing.

Eun-ki, as we see, was lured by a photo of her mother in captivity. In-sung instructed her to take a taxi (driven by Charles, who seems to have a deep, personal attachment to In-sung) and not to let the police know. But she still left a clue, which leads Sung-joon and Sung-hoon to the house where Ki-nam assaulted Yoon-jung.

A bomb is clearly visible through a window, and In-sung gleefully tells Sung-joon over the phone that the moment he opens the door, the house will explode, killing the prisoners. But it doesn’t take Sung-joon long to deduce that no one is actually here — In-sung is just keeping the police busy.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/10/blind-episodes-13-14/

Final recap 

Episode title:  The Final Judgement

Ep 16 Recap - DO NOT READ unless you want to be spoiled:

Spoiler
  • SJ is racing to the fishing spot.  He gets a call from SH.  When he answers he hears SH speaking with father.  He asks if he got the pictures from the vacation home.  The statute of limitations has passed.  He just wants to know the truth.
  • Father says he went there because he got a call from the director after he received the Hope case.  They blackmailed him and Mother, who had told them to destroy all the evidence of abuse.  Mother is also the one who stopped PD.
  • SH asks if YoonJung was the price for cutting the deal?  SH knows that's what they had over him.  Father admits it.  He has no remorse.  SH tells him that she was like a sister to him and she was abused by so many men, she died.
  • He wants him to reveal everything and ask for forgiveness. (sorry SH, that's a reach)  Father won't do it.  SH will just follow his plan then.
  • SJ hears a gunshot.
  • SJ arrives and sees father holding a rifle pointed at SH.  He says he did his repentance by raising SH.  Father shoots SH in the arm.
  • SJ wrestles Father who suggests making it look like suicide.  SJ tells him he heard everything.
  • SH says he knew he would act this way, that's why he called SJ.  Father tries to shoot SH and SJ knocks him down and cuffs him.  (It's raining and you can't see tears, but I know SJ is in pain and it breaks his heart to do this)
  • SJ, "Happy now?"
  • SJ once again asks SH if he ever thought of him as his brother.  SH, "No"  He says he used from the very beginning for his revenge.  (Now I know he is crying)  SJ hits SH several times and falls to the ground in agony himself.
  • SH is in jail.  SJ comes to see him, but gets a call from EunKi waiting outside.  She has evidence, a video of Mother and Chief talking about taking care of PD. (OK I did not see this one.  I love how this drama continues to surprise me.)
  • EunKi, "Are you OK?"  (That was a rhetorical question, right?  He just arrested his brother and father and you are going to give him evidence to arrest his mother.)
  • SJ...silence
  • EunKi says the world needs to know.  Next day the video is on the news.
  • The police are matching up the time stamp on the video to phone records.  They get the number of the person who called the chief.  It was the chief goon.  (I guess with Crazy Dog in jail, he didn't have much to do.)
  • He pulls a knife.  SJ takes out his gun. (Indiana Jones!!!!)  Goon runs.  SJ shoots the warning round.  Then shoots goon in the leg. (SJ you are such a good cop :P)
  • SJ takes his phone.
  • SJ goes to arrest the chief.  Goon had his calls recorded.  They exchange "pleasantries" :lol: (You know what I mean!)
  • SJ meets Mother on a dirt road.  She asks for his help.  She blames everything first on the chief, then on SH.  SJ says he sent the videos to the media.  She slaps him.
  • Favorite line in this scene, "I'm not some stranger, I'm your mom"  then "You are my everything"  (Mother, I think I need to rerun this series.  I'm a bit confused now. B))
  • The police arrive.  She won't let them put cuffs on her, so SJ does it.
  • EunKi visits SH in jail.  She asks why he did not kills her.  SH says she was never on the list.  (So was he going to punish the mom?)  He thought he was doing the best he could to bring to light the happening at Hope.  So why Yuna?
  • SH thinks back to the day Ahn TaeHo was killed...
    • He walks into the sushi restaurant.  Chef and YJ are there, laughing.  He punches YJ. (So that's where he got the cut on his lip that we saw at the funeral)
    • The original plan was that Ahn TaeHo would be hanging at Choi (taxi driver's) house.  That way when SJ arrived, he could possibly save him.  YJ switched it because he thought it wouldn't be FUN if they found him too soon.  SH is angered by that.  YJ said in the end he committed suicide anyway, so it's not his fault.
    • SH lists some of the things that were not on the plan.  Framing SJ.  That led to Crazy Dog getting involved.  That led to JMC's family being killed.  Then YuNa.  (I think the timing is off on this one.  She doesn't get killed on the same day as Ahn TaeHo.  In any case, they want to say she was not on the plan and that it was YJ.)
    • SH tells him he's out.  Chef says then he will leave, too.  (So what's the thing between these 2?)
  • From that point SH did not have complete control of the plan.  EunKi cannot forgive him.  No amount of suffering can be a reason to commit murder.  She says to watch her carefully and see how she does it.
  • EunKi starts her crusade  She  posts on sites.  She sets up a donation/information tent.  She puts up artwork from kids who are suffering, pages from the scribble books, "Save Me", "I want to go home".  A message board where people can put up postit notes of encouragement.  She asks for help identifying other victims or witnesses.
  • SJ is putting all his energy  in catching bad guys, not eating or sleeping much.  He doesn't go home.  He sometimes beats them up before arresting them.  SeokGu call EunKi for help.
  • EunKi finds him staking out the sushi restaurant.  She tells him about her project.
  • The chef visits YJ in jail.  He tells him it's over so he should just think about himself now.  YJ says it's not over yet.
  • YJ looks for Crazy Dog, who is waiting for him.  They fight with hand-made weapons, both end up dead.  SH hears about it from the doctor in the infirmary.
  • SJ is out side of the sushi restaurant.  He sees something suspicious and rushes inside.  The chef has committed suicide by eating blowfish innards.  He is holding a picture of him and YJ.
  • SH sits sadly in his cell.  He thinks about the past with YJ and YoonJung.  He remembers EunKi's words.  He cries.  
  • SJ is called to the hospital.  SH has attempted suicide.  He also finds out about the self-inflicted wounds from cutting.
  • SJ answers the question about why he became a cop to the unconscious SH.  He wanted acknowledgment.  He looked up to his brother so much and wanted to prove he was good at something.  SH can't die.  He has to live a long life in pain for his sins.
  • SJ goes to EunKi at her tent exhibit (at DMC in front of the 2-headed statue).  Of course he just happened to be walking in the area.  EunKi ain't buying it :D
  • He offers to help.  He feels if the Hope case gets sorted out, so will his head.
  • A tall nicely dressed man approaches.  He is an attorney and he was also at Hope.  He knew #11, nicknamed "Papillon".  He thought if he lived well and studied hard, he could forget the horrible things that happened at Hope.  As he watched the news, he realized it was all just buried inside.  Victims silence only helps the assailant.
  • SJ gets a call from the prosecutor.  SH has requested a jury trial.  The lawyer will take the case.
  • SH's trial begins.  The lawyers opening statement list some of the atrocities that happened at Hope.  They are detailed in the petition submitted by the 15 yr old SH to father, the judge.  Instead of bringing the case to court, the petition was buried.
  • SH says his plan began the day he found out YoonJung had died.  EunKi's mom told him where she was buried and he and YJ dug her up.
  • Her mom comes to the stand.  She testifies about the happenings at the vacation home.  She is the one who found her on the floor.  Just before she dies, YoonJung gives her the necklace and asked her to tell #11 where she is buried.  
  • She was too scared to testify before.  She was also abused and EunKi was the result.  She apologizes.
  • SH says to the outside world all the bad guys were husbands and fathers, ordinary people.
  • SJ is called to testify.  He says SH designed the revenge and planned the murders.  His parents are also a part of this case.  SH manipulated his memories as part of his plan.  Once the murders began he also made him a suspect.
  • Is he angry, yes.  Does he want revenge, yes.  But not everyone in that situation opts for murder.
  • SH makes his statement.  He did not request the jury trial because he thought he was justified or to get a lighter sentence.  He just wanted to confess his crimes and uncover the truth behind Hope to everyone.  He apologizes.  There are more victims out there struggling with their trauma.  He looks at SJ and apologizes again.  (This is the first time during the trial that their eyes meet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Verdict:  Guilty;  Sentence:  Life imprisonment
  • EunKi is giving a press conference on her project.  Though it is important to punish the guilty, it is even more important to seek out the victims and provide the support they need.  They plan to file a civil suit against the government.
  • EunKi, SJ and the lawyer go to an immune-boosting sauna to recharge and talk about their suit.
  • SJ visits SH in jail.  They just look at each other and don't speak.  As SH leaves, SJ says, "hyung.... I hope you can escape the past."  (I hear forgiveness and hope starting)

Epilogue

• EunKi refereeing a soccer game at the center
  • SJ arrives and watches the game
  • The boys turn into the boys from Hope, happily playing together.
  • Voiceover - SJ:  "If the boys from 20 years ago had someone like EunKi, how would things have changed?  If there were adults who didn't ignore the truth and fought to the end, could they have been able to live a life different from the ones now?  If so, they'd be living well somewhere out there around us.  Like these kids now.
  • ...Hopeful ending...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unanswered questions

• What was the relationship between the chef and YJ?  Did they meet accidentally in the US?  Did they meet because of #24?  Are they in love or just close?
  • Earring in SJ's car.  If SH did not frame SJ, then was it YJ?  
  • Also if SH did not frame SJ, what was his plan for SJ?  Was the stealing of his memories enough punishment?
  • If the original plan for Ahn TaeHo was to give him a chance to live, was murder not planned for all?  What was planned for EunKi's mom and the shaman?  An opportunity to come forward with the truth and an apology?
  • Was gathering the hostages a deviation from the plan?
  • How did YJ meet SJ and SH in the playground?  Did he stay with them while he waited to be adopted to the US?
  • Why did SJ's parent treat him that way anyway?  Is it just because he got into trouble a lot?
  • Why weren't there any hugs?  Not romantic ones, it's just that some people in pain really need them and they didn't get any.  (I'm exaggerating, you know what I mean)

Final thoughts

spacer.png

• 15 people dead and 5 imprisoned.  (I'm not sure if the businessman died)  I guess that's about right for a series of this genre.  I don't think I've seen one where everyone was so intertwined.
  • I am glad everyone received justice in the end.  So often the guilty goes unpunished or receives a light sentence.
  • SH may not have been the older brother to SJ, that he wanted or needed, but I think SJ has invited him to be that going forward.
  • Though it was probably hard for him, it was right that SJ put the cuffs on his family.  It helps provide some closure to his pain.
  • It was a nice parallel to start with the 5 boys running away in fear from Crazy Dog and then ending the drama with the 5 boys happily playing soccer and running towards EunKi.
  • Funny that I had expected a love triangle (SJ-EunKi-SH) even a slight one, but what we got was (SJ-SH-YJ).  

Good job, everyone.  All actors, good guys and bad guys, played well.  I was hooked from the start and you never disappointed me.  I loved the thrills, the suspense, the twists and trying to solve everything only to be waylayed by the writer.  Good job to staff.  Good job director.  Great job kids!!!

Looking forward to everyones next work.

Taecyeon message:

https://youtu.be/EavM4-S21Is

English subs usually come later.  The others will probably post something as well.

• Blob 1

23 hours ago, GingerK said:

Hmmm...Watched 16 Raw and is it just me?..I feel cheated. So anti climatic. I don't even see how it would be improved by having the subs.  It took 'til 15 to really semi cement "the Designer's" position. Was hoping to be wrong with another twist somewhere but just ugh... Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

I thought that the lawyer who spoke to Eun ki and SJ would be the twist, but I looked at the time left and realized there's not enough time for another story :joy:  I wonder why that lawyer had to be from Hope?

26 minutes ago, TheaN said:

Why did SJ's parent treat him that way anyway?  Is it just because he got into trouble a lot?

I think it's because SJ was supposed to know his parents loved him, even if they were hard on him.  I've seen it in a couple of kdramas.

Overall and final thoughts.  I really enjoyed the drama.  No, it wasn't perfect, but none of them are. I didn't mind that there was no romance, in fact, I prefer bromances over romances.  However, that being said, I wouldn't have minded if SJ and Eun Ki started a relationship.  Both of them were hurting, but dealt with it in the manner SH and YJ et al should have.  I think, if this were on another streaming site, we would have had more conversations. I like mysteries, so hopefully, I'll bump into some of you on another thread.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Blind: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by mistyisles

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Blind1516-00128.jpg

The time has come to uncover the full truth, mete out justice, and bring the case to a close so our characters can try to move on with their lives. But “justice” isn’t always clearly defined, and motives can’t always justify the means.

EPISODES 15-16 WEECAP

Sung-joon takes some time to process his newly restored memories, piecing together all the times Sung-hoon “helped” with his investigation. Now that help just looks like interference.

We’re so used to seeing Sung-joon’s angry outbursts that it’s almost scary how quietly he simmers as he confronts Yoon-jae. He deduces that Yoon-jae’s fears of being betrayed mean Sung-hoon is his accomplice, and by the way Yoon-jae’s face hardens, he’s right.

But Sung-joon can’t bring himself to outright confront Sung-hoon immediately. Instead, he makes it clear to Sung-hoon that he knows and privately advises Eun-ki to move out ASAP.

Meanwhile, Bae PD meets with Sung-joon’s mother and Ki-nam at a fancy restaurant, where they bribe him to bury the Hope Welfare story again. He takes the bribe and hands over his footage, and is murdered in an alley on the way home.

While investigating the murder, Sung-joon finds a hidden camera in the restaurant that caught the whole exchange. The camera was planted there by Sung-hoon, who orchestrated the rendezvous to back his mother and Ki-nam into a corner. However, though Sung-joon doesn’t find out until later, Ki-nam was the one who ordered the hit on Bae PD

And that’s a pretty good summation of the truth behind the Joker Killer case: Sung-hoon was the mastermind of it all, but though his plans didn’t originally involve murder, especially of innocents, murder was the outcome. Initially, Sung-hoon planned to punish each offender according to their crimes against the Hope Welfare children, and then Yoon-jae added his own flair. Take Tae-ho for example: Sung-hoon wanted him to be rescued, but Yoon-jae moved his location to make it more difficult — or as he said, more fun.

Still, even if Sung-hoon didn’t want innocent people to die, he did ultimately give Yoon-jae the go-ahead on multiple murders, only reining him in when he took things “too far.” Helping restore Sung-joon’s memories — thereby jeopardizing The Plan — is apparently beyond too far. Sung-hoon visits Yoon-jae a final time to declare him a lost cause.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/blind-episodes-15-16-final/

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon And Jung Eun Ji Bicker Like An Old Married Couple Behind The Scenes Of “Blind”

Nov 11, 2022
by AliG

After all the action and drama of “Blind,” the show has released a behind-the-scenes video that will be a welcome change of pace for viewers as they get to watch the stars joke around and have fun!

“Blind” is a tvN mystery thriller about ordinary people who unfairly become victims of crime—and ordinary people who inadvertently become perpetrators by turning a blind eye to justice. 2PM’s Taecyeon stars in the drama as Ryu Sung Joon, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is dangerously passionate about his work, while Ha Seok Jin plays his older brother Ryu Sung Hoon, a genius judge who tries to remain as cold and logical as possible when making judgments. Apink’s Jung Eun Ji stars as Jo Eun Ki, a social worker who becomes entangled with the two brothers after being selected as a juror for a murder trial.

The new behind-the-scenes video features just Taecyeon, Ha Seok Jin, and Jung Eun Ji, showing off the three stars’ chemistry both on and off camera. Taecyeon and Ha Seok Jin aren’t afraid to show off their cute sides, throwing in some aggressive pouts and exaggerated whining towards each other and Jung Eun Ji in order to get a good laugh out of everyone.

taecyeon-jung-eun-ji.jpg

During some downtime between takes, Jung Eun Ji and Taecyeon begin bickering about a blooper that happened during the filming of Episode 12, where Jung Eun Ji couldn’t get through her line without laughing. She claims that it was because Taecyeon kept joking around that day, which Taecyeon vehemently denies.

“Why were you laughing and not getting into character?” he asks. “Why were you joking around?” she retorts, and the two end their argument in a fit of laughter. Jung Eun Ji then jokingly scolds Taecyeon by saying with a laugh that Ha Seok Jin needs to get into character, and Ha Seok Jin cracks them up by playfully agreeing, “I’m getting into character right now.” As both he and Jung Eun Ji burst out laughing at his disapproving tone, Taecyeon immediately falls to his knees and apologizes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1553424wpp/watch-2pms-taecyeon-and-jung-eun-ji-bicker-like-an-old-married-couple-behind-the-scenes-of-blind

• Blob 1

@TheaN @CarolynH @carolinedl I am late to the party, chingus. Sorry. :emmm:

I decided to binge watch Blind (am a sucker for psychological thrillers but am scared of kdrama writers botching the endings, so wanted to wait until it had finished airing). I made it to the end today!

:wow1:

While I liked the overall drama (gave it a solid 8.5/10) the ending felt a bit off to me. The last episode became a bit draggy plot wise.

Some thoughts:

• Much of the plot was fairly predictable (e.g. that the jury had been selected on purpose and that they were connected to each other was clear by the end of ep 1, that the engineer was a culprit was clear by early ep 2 due to a microexpression on his face, and that there were several Hope survivors that were the culprits and working together became clear by ep 3-4). Despite that, it did keep me guessing quite a lot and some of my theories were not correct at first (to surely @Sleepy Owl's and @joccu's delight as they had already watched the drama and forced to read my ramblings as I was watching this ):D
    I think I tried to brush off the idea that Sung Hoon was a part of the killings even though I guessed from the start that he was adopted, but by the time he was stabbed I couldn't close my eyes anymore. It was a clear sign that he was a part of the plan.
  • Charles and Yoon Jae were definitely in a relationship. It was evident in the end when Charles committed suicide with the pic of them in his hand, that they were lovers. Would have been interesting to see more of this explored in the drama.
  • While I do sympathize with Sung Hoon and the Hope Welfare Kids, in the end they lost even more due to their revenge plan. Sure they punished a lot of people, but they punished themselves the most by either losing their lives or being locked up for the rest of their lives in jail.
    Revenge never makes you happy in the end... And Sung Joon and Eun Ki were right that killing is never justified.
  • My heart broke for Sung Joon the most. He was forced to put his whole family in jail. All of them let him down. The fact that he didn't give up on his hyung in the end but continued to visit him in jail. I guess he knew deep down that his hyung cared for him and even loved him despite the fact that he couldn't express it to Sung Joon. :heartbreak:
  • The actor playing Sung Hoon was a bit bland and lacked the emotional range for me acting wise, unfortunately. The character was an interesting one despite that.
  • Eun Ki was a sweetheart - I did like her.
  • There were a lot of unanswered questions left or then I missed the answers. :D What was Sung Hoon's actual plan for Sung Joon before the plan started going haywire? Why was Yoon Jae on that playground and why did he push Sung Joon down? @TheaN I also wondered about the earring?
  • The dude playing the police with glasses, had the most hilarious facial expressions in this drama. :D And did you notice that his glasses were super dirty in most episodes? :D
  • The plot holes....Why was Sung Joon always alone everywhere? Detectives work in pairs. Why didn't anyone start suspecting earlier that the jury members were connected somehow (like the police was pretty stupid in this drama)? Is it even possible for a judge to rig the jury members? How convenient is it really that Sung Joon ALWAYS ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time when he was being framed? How did Yuna find the secret room with Sung Joon, Sung Hoon and Eun Ki in it, when she hadn't even been discharged from the hospital when Eun Ki left?
  • Sung Joon's trauma of being manipulated by his hyung felt weak to me. Nah, the writer should have made him into a victim of Hope and being the only one who would have decided to work for justice and get professional help to heal his own wounds.

Overall though I was happy with the drama and enjoyed watching it from the beginning to the end. This was the best psychological thriller of 2022 for me. :glasses:

If there is one wish I have, it's that Sung Hoon would have given Sung Joon any kind of verbal confirmation that he did love him as a dongsaeng. I guess it's enough that Sung Joon still knew it in his heart. We saw Sung Hoon protect his dongsaeng more than on one occasion from Yoon Jae and from harm's way. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. :kiss_wink:

But still, a hug would have been nice between the brothers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:24 PM, partyon said:

Overall though I was happy with the drama and enjoyed watching it from the beginning to the end. This was the best psychological thriller of 2022 for me.

If there is one wish I have, it's that Sung Hoon would have given Sung Joon any kind of verbal confirmation that he did love him as a dongsaeng. I guess it's enough that Sung Joon still knew it in his heart. We saw Sung Hoon protect his dongsaeng more than on one occasion from Yoon Jae and from harm's way. Sometimes actions speak louder than words. :kiss_wink:

But still, a hug would have been nice between the brothers.

Same for me. really enjoyed it and I was never bored.

Ah I think SJ did verbalize it. Not only by going to see him in prison but by calling him 'huyng' as he left. SH paused and you could see he was touched. So I do think that it was implied in the best way possible considering SH's personality and his past. No? I really liked this moment because it suited the character well but still showed that there was a link, a connection between the two.

• Like 1
  • Love 1