[Drama 2022] Adamas, 아다마스

larus

Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Soo Kyung, And More Captivate At Script Reading For New Mystery Drama “Adamas”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 16, 2022
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Adamas” shared photos from the drama’s script reading!

“Adamas” depicts the story of twin brothers uncovering the truth from an incident 22 years ago. The two will work as one in order to clear the murder charges of their biological father who was accused of killing their stepfather and to find the ‘adamas’ that is the evidence for the murder.

Photos from the script reading confirmed the final cast lineup including Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Soo Kyung, Heo Sung Tae, and Oh Dae Hwan. Director Park Seung Woo and scriptwriter Choi Tae Kang were also present at the reading as the leading actors showcased impressive chemistry from the get-go, realistically portraying their characters’ emotions and stories.

Ji Sung will be playing both twins named Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun. Ha Woo Shin is a best-selling mystery novel author, while Song Soo Hyun is a special forces prosecutor who works at the Central District Prosecutor’s office. Although the two brothers look alike, their personalities and approaches to tackling problems are completely different. With his detailed acting, Ji Sung meticulously differentiated the two characters.

Adamas.jpeg

Spoiler

Ji-Sung.jpeg

Seo Ji Hye will take on the role of Eun Hye Soo, the daughter-in-law of Haesong Group who has mysterious and elegant beauty as well as dignified charisma. The actress flawlessly immersed herself into the role, becoming one with her character.

Spoiler

Adamas-2.jpeg

Seo-Ji-Hye-5.jpeg

Lee Soo Kyung will transform into Kim Seo Hee, a social affairs reporter at TNC. Lee Soo Kyung charmingly portrayed Kim Seo Hee’s sense of righteousness while understanding her character’s dual nature of also being someone with deep wounds on the inside.

Spoiler

Adamas-3.jpeg

Lee-Soo-Kyung.jpeg

Heo Sung Tae will play Choi Tae Sung who is the general security manager for Haesongwon, the residence of Haesong Group’s chairman, while Oh Dae Hwan will take on the role of Team Leader Lee, the head of Haesong Group’s secret organization Team A. The two captivated the set with their charisma, making the story more tense and interesting.

Spoiler

Adamas-4.jpeg

Adamas-5.jpeg

The production team shared, “We feel reassured by the actors who showcased great teamwork. We think we will be able to greet viewers with these actors through an interesting project. Everyone is working hard to do their best, so please look forward to ‘Adamas.'”

Adamas-6.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531216wpp/ji-sung-seo-ji-hye-lee-soo-kyung-and-more-captivate-at-script-reading-for-new-mystery-drama-adamas

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Adamas, 아다마스-Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye & Lee Soo Kyung -Premieres in July

Watch: Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, And More Search For “Adamas” In Intriguing Teaser For New Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 18, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN is gearing up for the premiere of “Adamas”!

“Adamas” depicts the story of twin brothers uncovering the truth from an incident 22 years ago. The two will work as one in order to clear the murder charges of their biological father who was accused of killing their stepfather and to find the ‘adamas’ that is the evidence for the murder.

Ji Sung will be playing both twins named Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun. Ha Woo Shin is a best-selling mystery novel author, while Song Soo Hyun is a special forces prosecutor who works at the Central District Prosecutor’s office. Although the two brothers look alike, their personalities and approaches to tackling problems are completely different.

The teaser begins with Song Soo Hyun in a messy room, and his hands and face are covered in blood. He says, “The bloody diamond arrow.” Eun Hye Soo (Seo Ji Hye), the daughter-in-law of Haesong Group who has mysterious and elegant beauty as well as dignified charisma, looks intrigued as she asks, “Adamas?”

Kim Seo Hee (Lee Soo Kyung), a social affairs reporter at TNC, strides forward in a determined fashion as she claims, “I’m sure it’s the Adamas.” Choi Tae Sung (Heo Sung Tae), who is the general security manager for Haesongwon, asks someone, “Are you sure?”

More people call for the Adamas with greedy eyes, making viewers wonder why everyone is so eager to obtain it. Towards the end of the clip, Ha Woo Shin declares, “I’m going to steal the Adamas.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531527wpp/watch-ji-sung-seo-ji-hye-and-more-search-for-adamas-in-intriguing-teaser-for-new-drama

• Like 4

June 18 2022

Teaser trailer for tvN drama series “Adamas”

Adamas-teaserSM1.jpg

First teaser trailer added for tvN drama series “Adamas” starring Ji Sung, Seo Ji-Hye, & Lee Soo-Kyung. The drama series has Ji Sung play twin brothers Ha Woo-Shin & Song Soo-Hyun. They learn that their birth father was framed for the murder of their stepfather. Dialogue in the teaser trailer goes (0:01) Ji Sung “Bloody diamond arrow,” (0:03) Seo Ji-Hye “Adamas?,” (0:04) Lee Soo-Kyung “I’m sure its Adamas,” (0:06) Heo Sung-Tae “Are you sure.” (0:11) Ji Sung “I’m going to steal Adamas.”

“Adamas” is now scheduled to first air July 27, 2022 (takes over tvN’s Wednesday and Thursday 10:30 PM time slot after “Eve“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Ha Woo-Shin (Ji Sung) and Song Soo-Hyun (Ji Sung) are twin brothers. Ha Woo-Shin is a best-selling, mystery novelist and Song Soo-Hyun is a prosecutor at the Central District Prosecutors’ Office. 22 years ago, when they were children, their step-father was killed. Now, they discover that their birth father is the person that killed their step-father and he received the death sentence.

Ha Woo-Shin and Song Soo-Hyun soon learn that their birth father was framed for their step-father’s murder and they chase after truth. In the process, they encounter Eun Hye-Soo (Seo Ji-Hye) and Kim Seo-Hee (Lee Soo-Kyung). Eun Hye-Soo is married to the eldest son of the Haesong Group and she helps Ha Woo-Shin secretly. Kim Seo-Hee is a reporter for TNN local news. She is a righteous person and enthusiastic with her work. She has a secret, which is related to the twin brothers Ha Woo-Shin and Song Soo-Hyun.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-series-adamas

• Like 4

Actor Jo Seong-ha will appear in tvN's new drama <Adamas>.

2022062110130103477d3244b4fed18217218513

In <Adamas>, which Jo Seong-ha confirmed to appear in, the older brother is looking for the real culprit to clear the frame of his father who killed the stepfather, and the younger brother is looking for ‘Adamas’ as evidence of the murder. It is a drama depicting the truth-tracking of two twin brothers. Actors Ji-sung, Seo Ji-hye, and Lee Soo-kyung have previously confirmed their appearances, and they have been named as the most anticipated work in the second half of 2022.

In the drama, Jo Seong-ha will play the role of Lee Chang-woo, a prisoner on death row serving a sentence for murdering the father of a twin brother, who once made a name for himself as a 'daedo'. It raises curiosity about how the ‘luxury actor’ Jo Seong-ha will express the story of Lee Chang-woo, who seems to have a hidden story.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202206210127

Seo Hyun-woo joins 'Adamas'... Learned Demon Roles

NISI20220621_0001024195_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Actor Seo Hyun-woo has confirmed his appearance in tvN's 'Adamas'.

Seo Hyun-woo took on the role of 'Kwon Hyun-jo' and joined. Kwon Hyeon-jo is the CEO of Haesong Group and an honors student to imitate his father. If his father, Chairman Kwon, is a natural cold-blooded man, then Kwon Hyeon-jo is a learned demon. Kwon Hyeon-jo has the cleverness to humble himself according to the situation, and in public places, he has a good public image due to his polite, easy-going image and showy behavior.

Seo Hyun-woo previously showed off his charismatic and pleasant charm through works such as tvN's 'My Mister', MBC's 'Time', OCN's 'Everyone's Lies', tvN's 'Flower of Evil', and 'Mysterious Mansion: The Original'. In particular, he announced the news of appearing in tvN's new drama 'Surviving as a Celebrity Manager', which is a remake of the French original of the same name.

tvN's 'Adamas' will premiere on the 27th of next month.

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220621_0001914911

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Adamas, 아다마스-Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye & Lee Soo Kyung -Premieres on July 27th
by lo_ve, June 21, 2022
3 0

Seo Hyun Woo and Jo Sung Ha will be added to the cast of the upcoming tvN drama "Adamas."

On June 21st it was officially confirmed that Seo Hyun Woo and Jo Sung Ha will be included in the cast of the upcoming series "Adamas." They will be joining the main leads Ji Sung, Seo Ji Hye, and Lee Soo Kyung

"Adamas" will tell the story of twin brothers who will do their best in exposing the secrets behind their stepfather's death 20 years ago. They will do everything to clear the name of their biological father who got accused of killing their stepfather and uncover the truth about which evil did this to them.

The upcoming series will be directed by Park Seung Woo ("Kairos"  and "Spring Turns to Spring") and written by Choi Tae Kang

Seo Hyun Woo will play the role of Kwon Hyun Jo, the CEO of the Haesong Group. He is a two-faced person. He has a good public image but in reality, he's the same as his father who's cold-blooded and evil. 

Jo Sung Ha on the other hand will play the role of Lee Chang Woo, a death row prisoner who is serving his prison term for killing the father of the twins. 

Other casts of the drama include Heo Sung Tae, Oh Dae Hwan, Go Yoon, Shin Hyun Seung, Lee Kyung Young, and more,

"Adamas" is set to premiere on July 27th. It will be part of the Wednesday and Thursday drama timeslot on tvN. 

j5E7v_2f.png

Aside from "Adamas," Seo Hyun Woo will also join the upcoming drama "Call My Agent!" with Lee Seo Jin, Kwak Sun Young, Joo Hyun Young, and Shin Hyun Seung. He is also included in the upcoming films "Ghost" and "Honest Candidate 2." 

Meanwhile, this will be the second upcoming drama of Jo Sung Ha for 2022. He will also join the upcoming series "Youth, Climb the Barrier" with Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, Yoon Jong Seok, Pyo Ye Jin, and Lee Tae Sun. He is also included in the 2023 drama "(Advertising) Agency." 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/seo-hyun-woo-and-jo-sung-ha-will-both-join-the-tvn-series-adamas

• Love 2

@larus, thank you for starting the thread

Waves to all

On 5/24/2022 at 3:09 PM, jongski said:

Anything Jisung I watch because he's an excellent actor.

The genre I like in drama!  Genre:mystery, thriller

@jongski, same holds true for me.
And I love that Ji Sung will be playing a double role here, too.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, larus said:

Ji Sung, Seo Ji-hye and more confirmed to star in new thriller K-drama

ah.. that's her picture from "Crush Landing on You...."

On 6/17/2022 at 10:11 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

confirming the new drama will start airing on 27 July after Eve ends.

@backstreetboysfan, Hi  :).  Thank you for giving us a date: July 27!

I am so happy with the new addition to the cast. I love Jo Seong-Ha. He is such an amazing actor.

The Drama is coming up soon!

We will do well submitting license request to Netflix (One request only per IP address);
https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest
 And Multiple requests to Viki.
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

• Like 2

'Adamas' intelligence, two eyes chasing the truth... 1st poster release

image_readtop_2022_563416_16563759445089

The first poster for tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas', which predicted Ji-sung's transformation to acting in two roles, has finally been released.

tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas' (written by Choi Tae-kang, directed by Park Seung-woo) is an older brother who is looking for the real culprit to clear the frame of his father who killed his stepfather, and a younger brother who is looking for Adamas, evidence of murder. A drama depicting the truth-tracking of two and one twin brothers.

Boasting a solid lineup of actors, including Ji Sung (Hau Shin, Song Soo-hyun), Seo Ji-hye (Eun Hye-soo), Lee Soo-kyung (Kim Seo-hee), Heo Seong-tae (Choi Choi), and Oh Dae-hwan (Lee Team Leader), they are preparing to meet viewers this summer. .

Above all, it is a bar that is attracting attention with the new work of Ji-sung, who will take on the roles of twin brothers Ha Woo-shin and Song Soo-hyeon. The first poster, finally released, raises expectations by revealing the contrasting image of the intellect, who is overwhelming the atmosphere with the charisma of different grains along with the gray mood of the drama.

First, bestselling mystery novel writer Ha Woo-shin (Ji Seong-min) and Central Prosecutor's Special Prosecutor's Office Prosecutor Song Su-hyeon (Ji Seong-min) are looking at the front while standing in different directions. A huge arrow crosses between these brothers, and dark red blood oozes from the spot where the arrowhead is inserted, giving a creepy feeling.

It seems to describe the fate of twin brothers who stand on different paths to find the truth about Adamas.

Here, the thick fog that cannot see one inch ahead expresses the reality of those who have not yet reached the truth, paying attention to what truth the twin brothers will face out of the thick fog forest, and even the conspiracy and reversal lurking in front of these brothers.

As such, curiosity is already being added to the worldview of 'Adamas', which stimulates infinite imagination with just the poster. Expectations are high for tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas', which will be responsible for viewers' summer nights as a chase drama that makes you sweat.

tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas' will premiere on Wednesday, July 27th at 10:30 PM.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/06/563416/

I am glad we don`t have the good twin evil, twin trope in this drama. That`s a refreshing change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ji Sung Turns Into Two Very Different Twin Brothers With One Common Goal In Poster For New Drama “Adamas”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 28, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Adamas” has unveiled its premiere date and first poster!

Ji Sung will be playing both twins named Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun. Ha Woo Shin is a best-selling mystery novel author, while Song Soo Hyun is a special forces prosecutor who works at the Central District Prosecutor’s office. Although the two brothers look alike, their personalities and approaches to tackling problems are completely different.

“Adamas” finally unveiled its first poster, which raises expectations with a peek at Ji Sung’s portrayal of two roles. In the poster, Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun overwhelm the atmosphere with different kinds of charisma that shines through the gray mist, which exudes a mysterious aura.

Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun are facing different directions, but they’re both looking in the same place. A huge arrow stands between the brothers, and dark red blood oozes out from the tip, creating eerie vibes. The poster perfectly symbolizes Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun going on different paths to find the truth related to the adamas. The text floating above them reads, “The older brother who is looking for the real culprit. The younger brother who is looking for evidence. The twin brothers’ truth tracking.”

Adamas.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533236wpp/ji-sung-turns-into-two-very-different-twin-brothers-with-one-common-goal-in-poster-for-new-drama-adamas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, larus said:

I am glad we don`t have the good twin evil, twin trope in this drama. That`s a refreshing change.

@larus yes. they won't be fighting with each other. But probably will clash. I'm gonna go ahead and bet Heo Sung Tae's character gonna be culprit.. or maybe in involve the murder. I'd be suprise if he plays a good character.  Just cause he playas villain character well in drama I've seen :D

I'm excited for this.  Gonna see Jisung excellent acting again. I like the plot and the genre is fav. I always watch mystery thriller.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm gonna go ahead and bet Heo Sung Tae's character gonna be culprit.

I see Heo Sung Tae everywhere these days. I don`t mind because I like him as an actor but I wish he will do diverse roles.

It is not good that we assume he will play the villain or the culprit before the drama starts. :w00t:

• Like 2

by lo_ve, June 28, 2022
11 1

Upcoming tvN drama "Adamas" released its first-ever teaser poster.

On June 28th tvN officially released the first poster for their upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama "Adamas." 

In the first poster, the main lead Ji Sung is shown as two characters. In the poster, twin main characters Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyun were showcased. The two have different mysterious auras. The caption on the poster stated "The older brother who is searching for the real culprit. The younger brother seeks evidence. The twin brothers' tracing the truth."

"Adamas" will narrate the journey of two brothers who wants to reveal the true happenings of an incident 22 years ago. One brother is looking for the real culprit to clear the name of his stepfather, while the other brother seeks Adamas, the murder evidence. The two seek justice and truth. 

The series will be directed by Park Seung Woo ("Kairos," "Spring Turns to Spring," and "Person Who Gives Happiness"). The script will be penned by Choi Tae Kang

Ji Sung will portray both roles. Ha Woo Shin is a best-selling mystery writer while Song Soo Hyun is a prosecutor at the Central District Prosecutors' Office.

Aside from Ji Sung, other casts of the drama include Seo Ji Hye, Lee Soo Kyung, Jo Dong In, Heo Sung Tae, Seo Hyun Woo, and more. 

"Adamas" will exclusively air on tvN. It will be part of tvN's Wednesday and Thursday drama timeslot. The series will air its first episode on July 27th 2022, at 10:30 PM KST.

NISI20220628_0001028976_web_202206280957

Adamas" is the follow-up project of actor Ji Sung after the 2021 series "The Devil Judge." 

Ji Sung is known for being the main lead in the dramas "Doctor John," "Familiar Wife," "Defendant," "Kill Me, Heal Me," "Secret," "Save the Last Dance for Me," and more. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/tvn-s-adamas-releases-its-first-poster-featuring-ji-sung

• Like 3

Ji Sung stars in the first poster for tvN’s upcoming thriller drama ‘Adamas’

tvN released the first poster for the upcoming drama ‘Adamas’. Read ahead to know more.

by Anoushka Mathew   |  Published on Jun 28, 2022 10:02 AM IST  |  47.2K

adamas_main_1.png?width=752&format=webp&

The first poster for tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas', which predicted the transformation of Ji Sung's acting in two roles, has finally been released. tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas'  is a drama depicting the truth-tracking of  twin brothers where an older brother who is looking for the real culprit to clear the frame of his father who killed his stepfather, and a younger brother who is looking for Adamas, evidence of murder. 

Above all, it is a bar that is attracting attention with the new work of Ji Sung, who will take on the roles of twin brothers Ha Woo Shin and Song Soo Hyeon. The first poster, finally released, raises expectations by revealing the contrasting image of the intellect, who is overwhelming the atmosphere with the charisma of different grains along with the grey mood of the drama. 

First, bestselling mystery novel writer Ha Woo Shin (Ji Sung) and Central Prosecutor's Special Prosecutor's Office Prosecutor Song Su Hyeon (Ji Sung) are looking at the front while standing in different directions. A huge arrow crosses between these brothers, and dark red blood oozes from the spot where the arrowhead is inserted, giving a creepy feeling. It seems to describe the fate of twin brothers who stand on different paths to find the truth about Adamas.

As such, curiosity is already being added to the worldview of 'Adamas', which stimulates the imagination with just the poster alone. Expectations are high for tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas', which will be responsible for viewers' summer nights as a chase drama that makes you sweat. tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Adamas' will premiere on Wednesday, July 27th at 10:30 PM KST (7 PM IST).

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/ji-sung-stars-first-poster-tvn-s-upcoming-thriller-drama-adamas-1151576

• Like 3