[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Because of Love aka A Chance Meeting 往后余生

SC2019

@hush puppy.. thanks for the info! I was gonna say/assume that there is probably a girl in Taiwan that he is with but hold my tongue.... i havent read enough about him to write that with confidence...  but now you have confirmed it,  and no less being married!.. surprising but great nevertheless...:lol:

Great news on Ep15... at last he knows and she is willing to go to his apartment after this, and i hope we have more sweet scenes between them... and how Yusheng will begin to care for PingPing... 

Ep15 raw is up but still no subs from 11 onwards... :huh:

Also, thanks for remembering me whenever you write ^realistic^.... hehe... initially my nick was realistic2280, but i forgot my password to the forum after being away from it for some time, hence the ^a^ at the back, once i got more active in watching dramas again:D

Good to know that the drama is attracting good viewers numbers... its definately going to be one of 2022 favourites!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I finished Ep 16 today.  But I'll not do a Recap.  Don't know if you like that or not.  But I feel that I should let you all catch up first  :blush:

BTW @realistic2280a

1) You ask how to use the "Spoiler".  

Just highlight the Text that you want to hide.  Then click the "Eye" Icon above

2) When you change your "Username", did you lose all the Points which you have accumulated before?

Actually I have problems ever since Soompi update their Software last year.  I get "locked out" quite often.  I prefer the old software - more stable.  But I know that Softwares need to be upgraded constantly  for technical reasons.

To Everyone following this Thread:

3) English Translations are available for eps 11 - 14 already right?  So you all must be busy catching up.   Enjoy yourselves and let me know what you all think of them. :wub:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I finished Ep 16 today.  But I'll not do a Recap.  Don't know if you like that or not.  But I feel that I should let you all catch up first  :blush:

BTW @realistic2280a

2) When you change your "Username", did you lose all the Points which you have accumulated before?

Actually I have problems ever since Soompi update their Software last year.  I get "locked out" quite often.  I prefer the old software - more stable.  But I know that Softwares need to be upgraded constantly  for technical reasons.

3) English Translations are available for eps 11 - 14 already right?  So you all must be busy catching up.   Enjoy yourselves and let me know what you all think of them. :wub:

Eng translation is up till ep 15.The slow burn romance can be a hit or a miss.Like the realistic potrayal of the environment.Miss that in quite a lot of cdramas.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ep 16/30 ..I am waiting for subs but at 12.38 I did not need them. Both father and son defended their beliefs and mama's beliefs so adamantly, so instinctively , so decisively :love::kiss_wink:     What a drama  . 

I am in love with ML and FL , with Wang family for being so generous to FL , to 2nd ML and FL for surprising me with their life and goodness, and especially to the young ML and FL , they look so young and happy , giddy and alive ...Energy of Love at its finest. Thank you :heart:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, hush puppy said:

BTW @realistic2280a

Haha.. thanks for the recap.. i think its fine for those who wants to read it, as long as its hidden under spoiler :D

1. Thanks for info on how to hide spoilers. Really appreciate it :D

2. Yes, i lost it all... i remember there was a software or site maintenance issues; they tried their best to solve it.... its huge data storage for the admins/owners of the site, years of comments by drama fans, over 10 years or so, and trying to make it available to everyone... Thanks Soompi:heart::wub:... my old nick uses hotmail email.... i dont even use that email anymore, haha... 

I finish watching ep15 this afternoon (still waiting for subs for 16 to 18 where the latter raws were just updated tonight)

A. On one hand, im happy that Yusheng found out that it Ping2 is his son (even though its like 2 episodes late, sigh)...

B. Im glad that Tan Jian didnt really reject his advances, accepting it, even though her words are painful to Yusheng's ears but her actions shows that she wants him and be part of their lives eventually

C. That Tan Jian's ^husband^ is actually a good man... helping Tan Jian from the beginning and never seemed to overstep his boundaries. Was willing to ^let go^ Tan Jian to Yusheng without much drama - well sort of, haha... i hope in the future he gets some breather and that Yusheng will help him to find a proper job for him

D. Yusheng's dad... meanie old man... how is he going to hijack his grandson when his son and the mother of the child is still around, is beyond me...but we will see...

E. Mark and Vicky, whats with those two... hot and cold... hmm

F. I think ive mentioned before, Ping2 is so darn cute! What is his real name? And how old is he..... haha

G. Tan jian bakers' friends are also good. Hopefully business will be good for them...

• Like 4

I just finished Eps 17 & 18.  A lot of thngs happen.  Good and bad.  Mark & Vicky are so cute in ep 17.  But let me post the Press Conference for this Drama first - with English Subs.

3 hours ago, jadore1 said:

ep 16/30 ..I am waiting for subs but at 12.38 I did not need them. Both father and son defended their beliefs and mama's beliefs so adamantly, so instinctively , so decisively :love::kiss_wink:     What a drama  . 

I am in love with ML and FL , with Wang family for being so generous to FL , to 2nd ML and FL for surprising me with their life and goodness, and especially to the young ML and FL , they look so young and happy , giddy and alive ...Energy of Love at its finest. Thank you :heart:

@jadore1  I agree with you.  All the Casts are doing great :

- the young lovers: Tan Jing and Nie Yu Sheng are good-looking and yet bear some resemblance with their older versions.

- young Ping Ping is so cute

I don't think there are really any Serious Toxic Characters in this Drama.  The worst so far is Nie Yu Sheng's father,

Vicky is quite open-minded and easy-going about things.  Mark may give Tan Jing some erroneous advice.  But I think he meant well.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Yes... the younger verison of the leads are good too... 

And yes it was surprising, we thought Vicky would be hostile  after knowing Yusheng's new girl, but she was completely cool about it... As she was still hung up on Mark aka Mr Sheng... 

Dramas like this is probably less stressful to watch :lol:

@hush puppy.. the subs.. is using google subs of the youtube video?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Ep 17 and 18 are Average

Ep 17:

Spoiler

1) In the hospital lift, NYS noticed the old sneakers TJ is always wearing.  He went to buy 2 pairs of new shoes for TJ.  The shoes which NYS bought for TJ didn't fit. Over the years TJ's feet have grown larger a bit. She return them to NYS 

2) Mark and Vicky got back together. Vicky gave Mark the key to her apartment.

3) Grandpa Nie Dong Yuan visited his grandson again. TJ didn't like it.  She went to complain to NYS but retreated when she saw him chatting happily with his colleagues

4) So she ended up confiding in Mark instead. Without realising that Mark is NYS's step-brother.

5) As we all know, Mark and his mother has been abandoned by Nie Dong Yuan.  So Mark advised TJ to be wary of NDY.  Mark says he may be nice and generous.  But it is all a Strategy for an eventual counter-attack.  Mark is like a Divorce Lawyer, advising his Client to be Defensive in order to win the Legal Case.

6) NDY visited his Grandson. SZJ (Tan Jing's nominal husband) happens to drop by. SZJ wasn't happy to see NDY. So ensued an Argument between them both over Ping Ping.  Resulting in PP being "Stressed Up" and therefore pressuring his Fragile Heart.

7) NDY immediately asked his Lawyer to initiate legal proceeding to fight for Custody.

Ep 18:

Spoiler

1) NYS have a talk with TJ.  He told TJ that he'll advise his father to stop visiting Ping Ping.  He advised TJ to tell SZJ to do the same. So as not to agitate Ping Ping again - until his Heart Surgery is over. TJ agreed

2) Meanwhile in the office, the staff gathered to gossip about Vicky breaking up with NYS.  Saying NYS has such an outstanding Stature: wealthy family and good job.  If Vicky breaks up with NYS, she will never find such a Strong Support again. Mark happened to hear what they say.  Mark defended Vicky by saying: "I'm Her Current Support. Am I not Strong enough?  I chased after Vicky very hard you know?"

He is being such a Gentlemen.  I admire him here.

3) Later Mark & Vicky had dinner. Vicky said the entire office is buzzing about them.  Mark explained that he has to stand up for her. He gave Vicky the key to his place. Vicky was happy.  The next morning, both of them "March" into the Office together.  So "Cute".

Their Office Staff is too Gossipy. :(

4) NYS and Ping Ping exchanging the Cars are so cute. PP asked for the Big Car from NYS. In exchange he gave his father the small car he has.  What an entrepreneur he is!

5) The last segment of this ep is so Unnecessary. The "CakeShop Couple" has some problem with their neighbouring shop - a same biz competitor.  It ended up with Tan Jing being held at the Police Station.  Result: NYS has to ask his father to recomend a good Lawyer.

I'm sure the next few episodes will be about Legal Battles for Custody of Ping Ping.  Another Test For Tan Jing and Nie Yu Sheng.  Can their Love stand the Test?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I just finished Eps 19 & 20:

Spoiler

A lot of things happen.  But basically, it was just as I've foreseen.  Things are heating up to a Fierce Legal Battle for the Custody of Ping Ping.

For once, I don't like Tan Jing.  She does Not trust Nie Yu Sheng enough.  She withhold information and does not discuss things over with him, like a Life-Partner should.  If not everything.  At least certain vital things. 

Yes. When they are young NYS could not protect her.  Because he was still a College Student.  Financially still dependent on his Father.  If 7 years ago, Tan Jing has told NYS, he probably would have left his studies to work in order to support her.  Fine.  If TJ did not want to involve him then.  But not now. Again?

She turns to Mark. Why not NYS. I don't know what Mark is up to?  But in light of his History with Nie Dong Yuan, I'm sure Mark does have some ulterior motives up his sleeves.

Mark got TJ one of the Top-Lawyers. And now NYS is not even allowed to communicate directly with TJ.  He has to communicate via TJ's Lawyer. Lawyers have to be Ruthless in order to win a Legal Case.  They don't care for the Truth.  They will use and Twist any Info just to Win.

And one of the info they dug up was  that 7 years ago, when Tan Jing left Nie Yu Sheng, he went into Depression.  He underwent  Psychiatrist Treatments for  many years before he recovers.  He also suffered from Anorexia.  And now Tan Jing's lawyer proposes to use this info to fight for the Child Custody Case.   Tan Jing's lawyer said they could even "Twist" the facts to turn it into a Schzophrenia Case. (But I'm sure TJ will not agree to that. She does have some Conscience).

Wow!  That is so cruel.  If that happens, Nie Yu Sheng's reputation will be "Ruined" forever.  He could be expelled from the Hospital and will never find work again.

Nie Dong Yuan's Board of Directors will never accept Nie Yu Sheng to be his Heir.  In that case, who could be his Heir??   Mark of course.  He could appear to claim his right to inherit his father's Empire.  Afterall, he is also his Son - and a Businessman.  He has the Credentials and Experience.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I just finished Eps 19 & 20:

Hide contents

Just as I've foresee.  Things are heating up to a Fierce Legal Battle for Custody of Ping Ping.

For once, I don't like Tan Jing.  She never trusted Nie Yu Sheng enough.  She withhold information and does not discuss things with him, like a Life-Partner should.  If not everything.  At least certain vital things. 

Yes. When they are young NYS could not protect her.  Because he was still a College Student.  Financially still dependent on his Father.  If 7 years ago, Tan Jing has told NYS, he probably would have left his studies to work in order to support.  Fine.  If TJ did not want to involve him then.  But not now.

Thanks.I find NYS to be too naive.Given how things are unfolding in front of him he should be probing more and using his own judgement rather than get swayed by his dad or TJ.He should have got another lawyer not his dad's when he knows things are not great between TJ and the old man.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

Thanks.I find NYS to be too naive.Given how things are unfolding in front of him he should be probing more and using his own judgement rather than get swayed by his dad or TJ.He should have got another lawyer not his dad's when he knows things are not great between TJ and the old man.

@minglanfan2  I totally agree with you on this.  NYS is too soft.  He should know his father better than anyone.  He is not Strong enough.

If I were him.  I would tell my father very firmly - to stop meddling.  He has done enough damage. Even though he has Liver Cancer.   

And then start taking steps to correct everything.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

@minglanfan2  I totally agree with you on this.  NYS is too soft.  He should know his father better than anyone.  He is not Strong enough.

If I were him.  I would told my father very firmly - to stop meddling.  He has done enough damage. Even though he has Liver Cancer.   

And then start taking steps to correct everything.

Hope he gets more affirmative.I don't like the SML stealing the thunder.Even though the actor is nice.

• Like 3

I have not seen 17-20 but reading the comments I would guess , as a woman, we have the instinct and maybe TJ is not being stubborn difficult but she knows / feels that Dr N is not up to par to fight/ face  his father - hence she can not totally relay on him except on his medical expertise - an area that is neutral from the past and yet totally relevant and 100% consuming for current situation . 

She gave us partial answer in ep 15 @ 22 when she rides the bus and remembers that she can only fight alone .   

I think those 7 years eroded Dr N's  confidence as a man and when he said in ep 15 @ 23 " Am I that un trusty and unworthy of love"    we hear that lack 

• Like 4