Cast:

Wallace Chung as Nie Yu Sheng

Li Xiao Ran as Tang Jing

Tian Lei Xi as Shu Qin

Qin Ming Yue as Wang Yu Ling

Liu Da Wei as Secretary Quan

Wang Yang as Sheng Fang Ting

Synopsis:

Tan Jing is a single mother whose son has natural heart disease. In order to save up for her son's surgery, she leads a thrifty life. However, she has no complaints and lives life positively, raising her son Sun Ping to be obedient and sensible.

Nie Yu Sheng is a heart surgeon who is working on funding a surgery project that helps children with heart disease. He picks Sun Ping as his first patient. During the treatment, he finds out that Sun Ping's mother is Tan Jing, his lover seven years ago. He is attracted by Tan Jing's calm and determined aura, and Sun Ping's adorableness and sensibility. Time allows both of of them to mature. Eventually, Sun Ping recovers from his illness and Tan Jing develops her own career; while Nie Yu Sheng's project is also successfully established. Tan Jing and Nie Yu Sheng finally achieve happiness together.

Credit: MDL

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:15 AM, kdramaznoob said:

This is amazing-didn't skip one scene! The angst and yearning is palpable and we are only on 2 episodes!

ooh, you started watching already? So fast? I dare not start... the wait for more episodes is at times excruciating, more so as this is melo. It ends Feb 1, btw.

Credit:  Youku

bol.jpg

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Because of You aka A Chance Meeting 往后余生

Its 40 episodes! Man..... So long...  (but here its just 32 episodes...which is right... ?

... https://mydramalist.com/54947-wang-hou-yu-sheng)

Is her son, their son? I love 2nd chance a love kinda drama... :D (Autumn Concentro, Fated to Love You - be it Taiwanese or Korean version)... :)

Saw only 2 subbed episodes online at the moment out of 6 episodes..  

Eh... didnt realise its a Wallace Chung drama... and here i was thinking of watching his other drama, a weird name with a barcode in it.. lol

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@realistic2280a I've edited it to 30, the viewing calendar can't go wrong. Hhmm.. I don't know about your question. I suppose time will tell? Yup, it's a Wallace Chung drama, the only reason I'll give it a shot. :P

---

Yes, its down to 30 episodes... which is good for us viewers and great for fee paying members where they can end the drama before chinese New Year, haha.....  Yes, Wallace... he is worth to try.. :D

Saw rhe 2 episodes,cant wait for more episodes to be sub...

It seems give  that its their son...from the ending credits where he met his ^grandfather^ i assume - the male lead's father...

And yes, the sypnosis of the drama is wrong... he only know the boy was sick because she was with her son when they met him to get a 2nd opinin for a surgery... 

He got upset when he knew she got 'married'... we know there is something fishy about her marriage

Can we guess why did they separate perhaps 7 years ago?

1. His father, the rich man, didnt want her to be with his son?

2. Her family got into trouble and only accepting his family's money, she has to leave him as a condition...

And she left, not knowing she was pregnant then... :D

• Like 4

I only watched 2 episodes, but they were pretty good. Well delivered performance, a mood fitting the drama, also story has a nice pace. I like their interactions, the way they met again after years, without any additional chaos, just simply meeting in a one place and recognize themselves. We'll see if the drama will keep the good impression.

• Like 4

Im sure it will be a happy ending as per the ending credits scenes.. 

Saw up to ep5 now... wondering, when will Dr Nie check the date of birth of PingPing and calculate the time they broke off and see if it matches... Ping2 must be their son... haha... ^fingers crossed^... i must say, the child actor looks so cute and handsome :lol:

14 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I like their interactions, the way they met again after years, without any additional chaos, just simply meeting in a one place and recognize themselves. We'll see if the drama will keep the good impression.

I got the impression that Dr Nie stalked her... somehow, after finding out where she is/worked... hehe... 

She is at her new job and being bullied by her colleagues in the HQ.. sigh.. will her boss be her suiter i wonder... and whats with Nicky and her boss...sigh...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

when will Dr Nie check the date of birth of PingPing and calculate the time they broke off and see if it matches...

I didn't watch yet the ep 3-4, but taking his attitude from those two first episodes it takes him some time... 

. i must say, the child actor looks so cute and handsome

He does. I'm always impressed with child actors how well they deal with the camera's attention and everything that happens on the set.

I got the impression that Dr Nie stalked her... somehow, after finding out where she is/worked... hehe... 

I thought he first saw her, they went to buy the cake, and then stalked her, which she wasn't that shocked by it (more by the fact they met than the way it happens)... It was a bit unusual for me, but I have less experience with c-dramas and too used to k-dramas maybe...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

He got upset when he knew she got 'married'... we know there is something fishy about her marriage

Can we guess why did they separate perhaps 7 years ago?

1. His father, the rich man, didnt want her to be with his son?

2. Her family got into trouble and only accepting his family's money, she has to leave him as a condition...

And she left, not knowing she was pregnant then... :D

@realistic2280a.  Those are very good guesses from you. 

Hi Everybody, I'm here for Wallace. I didn't watch "Too Late To Say Goodbye".   A very Old Drama I guess. 

The Plot here is good.  But I find the "Story-Telling" too "Slow" and "Gloomy".  Scriptwriter's fault?  Or the Director.  I skip a lot.

Plus Points are: 

- Wallace is using his own voice - at last. I'm tired of hearing his dubbed voice.  He may not has the best Accent.  But at least it is his voice.

- Although a bit ruffled, I like this Hairstyle of his.  Wallace usually has both sides of his head shaven - a Hairstyle I never like.

I kinda like the Female Lead, Tang Jin's male boss, Sheng Fang Ting.  SFT is played by Wang Yang,  a very good actor. He was so imposing in "The Rebel".

I couldn't wait for Wallace to find out the Truth.  So in the meantime, I'll Skip along

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I thought he first saw her, they went to buy the cake, and then stalked her, which she wasn't that shocked by it (more by the fact they met than the way it happens)... It was a bit unusual for me, but I have less experience with c-dramas and too used to k-dramas maybe...

He accidentally saw her and wanted to know how is she...hence deliberatedly went to the place she worked and try to see her, gauge her reaction... Unfortunately, she was very well guarded in her reaction, and act as if she didnt see him... She schooled herself not to be surprised by seeing him.. but clearly affected as she longed for him for so long... now we need to know how badly did they broke up back then, for them to not speak to each other...

Saw ep6 and waiting for the rest of the subbed episodes... happy to see its subbed quite fast (ep10 raw is available this evening)...

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@realistic2280a.  Those are very good guesses from you.  

The Plot here is good.  But I find the "Story-Telling" too "Slow" and "Gloomy".  Scriptwriter's fault?  Or the Director.  I skip a lot.

Wang Yang,  a very good actor. 

@hush puppythanks.. but that's generally the plot of breakups, especially if it involves rich parents... Hehe... 

By ep6, seems that Dr Nie's father knows that he was stubborn (not wanting to date, not wanting to get married with other people) because of Tan Jing and Yu Sheng saw Tan Jing's ^husband^. We all know that everything seemed to be an act and Yu Sheng is the only one in the dark about what happened 7 years ago?...  and Tan Jing's late father seemed to hate Yu sheng back then too.... more mysteries to be resolve...

but yes, i do want 'some cats to be out of the bag' already (aka faster revealation of something, perhaps, his son's blood during surgery? And knowing the ^father^ doesnt match?) as i want to see how Yu Sheng solves all these mysteries... 

And yes the actor Wang Yang, i would think that he would be a lead in his own drama.. ive vaguely saw him in a drama and he acted almost the same style as in this... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I just finished Eps 9 and 10.

Spoiler

Ep 9:

The FL, Tang Jing tried to tell Nie Yu Sheng (Wallace) that the child is his.  But she was interrupted:

First time: By the nurse

Second time: By NYS's new GF

Ep 10:

NYS's new GF finally managed to figure out that TJ is NYS's former GF.  I wonder if she will create more problems for them.  I believe she will.  That is how the Story will be prolonged.

I dislike Inconsiderate, Clumsy people who don't know how to read situations.  But alas they are not just in dramas, but also in real life

:frown:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Hi @Idylla Kaizoku  Actually their first encounter after 7years was not "unusual" at all.

- It has been so many years

- They have broken up

- They are Adults now. No longer the carefree Teenagers-in-Love

- But the Love and Longing is still there.  

- Now comes combined with some Resentment and Awkwardness

So, to me, the way they Reacted when they meet again is Acceptable.  We cannot expect them to be so Excited and Dovey-Eyed to see each other again.  There are too much "waters under the bridge" now. Even if it is Obvious that Nie Yu Sheng (Wallace) has searched for her.

One is married with a child already. There is a social barrier now.  It is normal for them to hold-in their Emotions and Feign Incognito in Public.

And when they are alone, they have to face:

- Anger Yet Love;  Love Yet Pride : For Nie Yu Sheng

- Guilt Yet Longing : For Tan Jing

K or C-Dramas, they are all dealing with Human Emotions.  Any Differences are only Cultural in Nature.

We just need to Empathise

• Like 3

@hush puppy I was referring to the fact that dr Nie followed Tan Jing to her home and she wasn't shocked by the fact he had done so (which actually shows that she knows him quite well and maybe even expected unconsciously that he does so after the encounter in the cafe so they could clear the air or finish what was lingering between them for all those years). 

That's the unusual part to me (and that's why I've mentioned the k-dramas were this kind of behavior usually meets with a bit more passionate reaction, aka yelling, calling police or being violent). I think normally people would be a bit more concerned that someone stalked them (no matter how familiar) to their homes uninvited and reacted less calm, especially considering her words at the beginning that he might hate her now and seek revenge (or so I've thought at the moment of writing this comment). 

The encounter itself is quite telling to me and I liked it (and mentioned it earlier), the mood and the emotions are still there, the way they talked and the way they reacted to each other nonverbally. In a way it was more intense than as if they were arguing over the past and throw blame for what happended. It's also intriguing to say that they must be close and the break up must be intense to leave such an impression on them (if it wasn't, they would already moved front he first love and either find partners, other purpose in life, or simply let go of the past as one of life experiences).

Edited by Idylla Kaizoku
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

@hush puppy I was referring to the fact that dr Nie followed Tan Jing to her home and she wasn't shocked by the fact he had done so (which actually shows that she knows him quite well and maybe even expected unconsciously that he does so after the encounter in the cafe so they could clear the air or finish what was lingering between them for all those years). 

That's the unusual part to me (and that's why I've mentioned the k-dramas were this kind of behavior usually meets with a bit more passionate reaction, aka yelling, calling police or being violent). I think normally people would be a bit more concerned that someone stalked them (no matter how familiar) to their homes uninvited and reacted less calm, especially considering her words at the beginning that he might hate her now and seek revenge (or so I've thought at the moment of writing this comment). 

This is how I feel.  As you've mentioned.  It was as though she "wasn't shocked";  "...maybe even expected unconsciously...).  So why should she react passionately, yelling or calling the police? 

For me, that would be a very Childish, Unreasonable and Unusual Reaction. And I don't like that kind of behaviour.  Afterall she is the one who should be feeling Guilty for leaving him.

Dr Nie was not stalking her.  He was not even in front of her Door on the 2nd floor.  He is on the street below her residential unit, waiting patiently.  He walked away after a brief exchange of words.  So I feel there is no reason to panic or call the Police.  

If I were her, I might feel a bit surprise and apprehensive to see him there.: is he going to scold me or what....   But not to the extent of panicking. (And I believe she was.  But knowing she herself was at fault, she held it in.  Not every Viewer can spot it.  It is a very Restrained Acting there. Nicely done)

After returning to China, this is the first time he has done this. He was looking for her - very natural.  He did not even know that she has married.  But if he continues to wait in front of her residence, then that will Qualify as "Stalking".   And it is time for her to Panic and  call the Police. 

I feel that if any one of them should be angry or start scolding, it should be Dr Nie.  Not her. 

As for the K-Drama reactions, as i mentioned earlier, it is a Cultural Difference.  My Korean girlfriend told me so.  And she didn't like it.  I also don't like the K-Drama way of yelling and scratching at people.

So it is still Acceptable to me.  It is alright.  We happen to have different opinions that's all.:blush:

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

So it is still Acceptable to me.  It is alright.  We happen to have different opinions that's all.:blush:

If we're talking about someone following the other person to their home without their knowledge (or at least the stalker doesn't know the other party know), no matter the fiction or real world, then yes, our opinions differ. 

In any other case, I agree to some points, and disagree to others.

• Like 1

Previews For Eps 11 & 12.  I'm looking forward to Eps 11 & 12.  Dr Nie's new GF looks possessive

Spoiler

On 1/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, Idylla Kaizoku said:

If we're talking about someone following the other person to their home without their knowledge (or at least the stalker doesn't know the other party know), no matter the fiction or real world, then yes, our opinions differ. 

In any other case, I agree to some points, and disagree to others.

If a stranger follows me home, once. Yes.  I'll be frightened.  I may get a Male family member out to confront him; asked him who is he? Why is he following me?  Warn him not to repeat it again or he will face the music.  Call the Police if warranted.   A Stalker will be even more terrifying. Because it will be happening all the time. 

But I will not go yelling, being passionate and violent immediately.  By doing so, we may even trigger a Violent Reaction from that person.  We don't have to be histerical to solve problems.  Problems are better solved by being Calm, Collected and Quickly Come up with a sensible solution.  I've stopped watching K-Dramas.  But I remembered when I was watching them, and that kind of scenes happened, I always thought "why are these  ladies so Rough".  And I don't like it.

It does not mean that only people who react Passionately are being Concerned about their Safety, and therefore Normal.   

And those who don't,  are not Concerned about their Safety and therefore Abnormal. 

Here, in this drama,  that person is the Love of her life.  She should at least hear him out first before yelling or calling the police.  It is the first time he has stood in the Street below her home.  Not qualified to be called Stalking yet.

Her words at the beginning "that he might hate her now and seek revenge (or so I've thought at the moment of writing this comment). 

Those words are meant metaphorically.  Because she knows she has done him Wrong.  So if he want to make things difficult for her, he has every right to do so.  And she will accept it.  It does not mean that it is bound to happen.

• Like 3

Finished subbed episode 8... from there we saw that it was Tan Jian who left Yu Sheng during that rainy day, without explaination...  and for 7 years he cant forget her and the 1st thing he does when he is back is to find her...

When he did, Tan Jian perhaps expected to see him, eventually wanting to see how they have changed all these years ... maturely... so dramas, just being mature and adult about it... so when Tan Jian diberately told Yu Sheng that she is married, she is still trying to create a distance between them... asking the ^husband^ to act infront of them whenever Yu sheng saw them... we dont know what Tan Jian is hiding.... 

Im glad to read that Tian Jian is going to reveal Ping Ping is his son soon... and from twitter updates... hot scenes are up soon between them:heart:.. hehee...

Wondering how old are they suppused to be in characters... Yu Sheng is probably 30 or 30ish while Tan Jian is a bit younger than him... both look older because of their stress 7 years ago... as for Tan Jian even worse, poor and taking care of sick child...

As for Vicky... so Mark is her current boss... she still have hots for him ... so why would she make things difficult for TJ and YS?... we shall see from the snippets of ehat i have read...

Somehow, i think it was deliberate of Yu Sheng to tell Mark that Tan Jian was married and have a child when he was in the hospital... jealous, that man, yu sheng.. heh

Now where is ep9 and 10th.. subbed episodes..sigh..

• Like 3

On 1/21/2022 at 11:00 PM, realistic2280a said:

Im glad to read that Tian Jian is going to reveal Ping Ping is his son soon... and from twitter updates... hot scenes are up soon between them:heart:.. hehee...

As for Vicky... so Mark is her current boss... she still have hots for him ... so why would she make things difficult for TJ and YS?... we shall see from the snippets of ehat i have read...

Yes. Eps 11 & 12 are really "Hot".  You can watch the Preview I've posted above.  Hot scenes don't need Eng Subs yeah?  I think Tan Jing told him why she has to leave him.   I'm waiting impatiently for them.  Could not access them today? :tears:

I'm guessing Mark could be the illegitimate son of Dr Nie's father.  Just a guess.

As for Vicky.  I won't be surprised if she turns Vicious.  Both her men (Mark & Dr Nie) have feelings for Tan Jing.  Not her.  She loses 2 men to her.  

I skipped too much previously.  So I re-watch the earlier eps.  And notice that both Nie and Tan Jing had a Mock Wedding in Belgium before.  

The story is getting interesting and intense.

Spoiler

It seems Tan Jing's dad did not die from a Heart Disease.  He died in an accident.  

• Like 5