[Drama 2022] Curtain Call ❧ 커튼콜

Maetawinz

Kang Haneul new still

0004708151_001_20220929083404100.jpg?typ

Kang Ha-neul "Why did you choose 'Curtain Call'? The script itself is warm.”

2022.09.29. 9:20 am

SOURCE

Actor Kang Ha-Neul takes on the role of actor Yoo Jae-Hun in 'Curtain Call' to break the 'life'. 

In the drama, Kang Ha-neul plays Yoo Jae-heon, an unknown theater actor who has to do his best for his elderly grandmother. He is a very positive man who does not lose his self-love and self-confidence even in a poor growth environment, and is a struggling character who works at random and collects money and experience to grow into an actor with a variety of acting spectrums.

In this regard, Kang Ha-neul selected 'novelty', 'another universe', and 'the greatest strength' as character keywords to explain the character Yoo Jae-heon. First, he expressed his infinite affection for the character, saying, “The situation where I have to act for someone is a novel setting. 

He continued, “A person who easily decides on ‘I can just play that person’, then realizes how different the universe must be to live someone else’s life instead, and shows how he grows into a slightly better person.” “Acting for someone But in the end, it's going to be a fun portrayal of him realizing that it's for himself, so please look forward to it." 

Previously, through several stills, Kang Ha Neul-pyo's exclusive patent charm was revealed, with a dainty atmosphere and natural facial expressions. Regarding the reason why he was able to catch the viewers' attention in each work, he showed a humble attitude, saying, "The best advantage is that there is no big attraction" and "Thanks to these advantages, viewers can see it comfortably. I am filming while thinking about how I can be seen as Yoo Jae-heon rather than Kang Ha-neul.” 

Regarding the reason for choosing the drama 'Curtain Call', he explained, "The script itself was warm," and "there were a lot of situations that made me keep reading, so I enjoyed reading it."

'Curtain Call' is a collaboration between director Yoon Sang-ho, who directed the dramas 'Moon Rising River', 'Wind, Cloud and Rain', and 'Saimdang Light's Diary', and writer Jo Sung-geol, who produced movies 'Hitman' and 'Youth Police'. did. 

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call', which features Kang Ha-neul's irreplaceable charm and strong acting skills, will be broadcast in October after 'The Law Cafe'.

• Like 1

Kang Ha Neul Is an Obsecure Actor in the Upcoming Drama ‘Curtain Call’

SOURCE

511279_622397_1150.jpgCredit: KBS

Kang Ha Neul turns into an obscure actor in the new drama.

KBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama Curtain Call tells the stories of people involved in the greatest con in history as one man tries to make a dying elderly woman’s wish come true.

In the drama, Kang Ha Neul turns into Yoo Jae Heon, an obscure actor who acts out a role to grant an elderly woman’s wish. Despite the poor surroundings, he never loses self-love and confidence.

The actor introduces his role with three keywords – novelty, another universe, and the biggest strength. “I thought it was quite novel to have to play a role for someone,” he shared. “If I were actually in that kind of situation, I’d have found the idea of acting just for someone intriguing.” Kang Ha Neul then went on, “Jae Heon realizes that living someone else’s life means feeling the different universe. He starts acting for someone, but he ends up realizing that it was for himself.”

He then talked about what his biggest strength is. “My biggest strength is that I have no eye-catching charm,” he shared humbly. “But I think that makes viewers enjoy (my performance) more comfortably.” Now, Kang Ha Neul is dedicating himself to the role. “I’m thinking a lot about how I’ll be seen more as Yoo Jae Heon than Kang Ha Neul,” he said.

Curtain Call comes from River Where the Moon Rises director Yoon Sang Ho andMidnight Runners writer Jo Seong Geol. According to Kang Ha Neul, the script is the drama’s biggest strength. “The script itself is so warm. It shows a series of events that make it impossible to put (the script) down.”

• Like 1

Ha Ji-won, “I was drawn to the synopsis of ‘Curtain Call’ + the freshness of the script and chose it”

2022.09.30. 9:35 am

SOURCE

0000315763_001_20220930082701653.jpg?type=w430

Actor Ha Ji-won revealed the reason for choosing 'Curtain Call'. 

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call: Trees Die Standing' (Directed by Yoon Sang-ho/Screenwriter Jo Seong-geol/hereinafter 'Curtain Call') is the biggest story on earth of a man who received an unprecedented special to grant the wish of an elderly grandmother Geum-soon (Go Doo-shim). It is a drama that tells the story of people who are involved in a scam. In addition to the exciting story that can be sympathized with by all age groups, it adds the charm of a spectacular reversal to the viewers. 

Ha Ji-won takes on the role of Park Se-yeon, the general manager of Hotel Paradise. After losing their parents in an accident one day, Grandma Geum-Soon (Go Doo-Shim) sweats blood between her older brother Park Se-Jun (Ji Seung-Hyun), who is taking professional management classes abroad, and her younger brother Park Se-Gyu (Choi Dae-Hoon), who has no interest in succession. A talented leader who has accumulated experience from the ground up, considering that it is the greatest task of his life to carry on the legacy of a hotel paradise. She meets Yoo Jae-heon (Kang Ha-neul) as a person who possesses not only excellent skills but also a warm inner side, and enters a life path that was not in her plan.

Ha Ji-won said, "I was drawn to the novelty of the synopsis and script, and I chose it because of the power and charm of the work." 

Ha Ji-won, who is completely immersed in Park Se-yeon, did not forget her special affection for the character. He said, “While studying the role of Se-yeon, she thought that it was important for Se-yeon to see the world well. She is thorough and meticulous about what she has to do, but she is a kind-hearted and warm-hearted older sister character.” 

She continued, “Fashionable fashion that suits the role of a hotel manager will come out often, and it will be fun to watch.”

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Ha Neul Shares Keywords To Describe His Upcoming Role + Why He Chose To Star In “Curtain Call”

Kang Ha Neul has discussed why he chose to star in “Curtain Call”!

KBS2’s “Curtain Call” is about an elderly woman from North Korea who doesn’t have much time left to live and a theatre actor who acts as her grandson in order to fulfill her final wish.

Kang Ha Neul will be playing Yoo Jae Heon, an optimistic theatre actor overflowing with self-love and self-esteem despite having grown up in difficult conditions. The unknown theatre actor puts his heart and soul into acting for the terminally ill grandma. Ha Ji Won will take on the role of Park Se Yeon, the general manager of Hotel Nakwon and the youngest daughter of the family who owns it.

To describe Yoo Jae Heon, Kang Ha Neul chose the keywords “novelty,” “another universe,” and “greatest strength.” He elaborated, “The situation of having to act as a certain character for someone else was a novel setup. If I was also in a situation like this in real life, I think I would’ve felt interested in acting for someone.”

Kang Ha Neul continued, “After casually judging the situation as ‘I just have to act as this person,’ he realizes that living someone else’s life requires you to feel an entirely different universe. He’s a character who shows you growth in becoming a better person. Although he was acting for someone, he eventually realizes that it was for him. This will be drawn out in a fun way so please look forward to it.”

On why he chose “Curtain Call,” Kang Ha Neul shared, “The script in itself was warm. Situations that made me want to keep reading came out nonstop, so I read [the script] enjoyably.”

Kang-Ha-Neul-1-1.jpg

Kang-Ha-Neul-2-1.jpg

“Curtain Call” will air in October following the conclusion of “The Law Cafe.”

Kang Ha Neul Shares Keywords To Describe His Upcoming Role + Why He Chose To Star In “Curtain Call” | Soompi

• Like 1

'Curtain Call' Go Doo-shim "I feel proud to be able to show a different side of myself"

SOURCE

0001693599_001_20221003103501224.jpg?type=w430

'Curtain Call' Go Doo-shim Photo = Victory Contents

'Curtain Call' Ko Doo-shim splendidly decorates the 50th anniversary of her acting debut. 

Go Doo-shim takes on the role of Geum-soon Geum-soon, a character who plays a central role in the story, and delicately illuminates the dramatic life of a woman with her deep passion. A strong woman who turned a small inn in the village into a large hotel, Don Soon-eun is a character who prepares for the rest of her life as a character with a heartbreaking story that does not shed tears for her family that she left behind in the North even though she lived a prosperous life. 

Regarding this, Go Doo-shim said, “Many people who came down from the north have strong skills. I've heard a lot of people say that I'm strong and strong because of my hometown in Jeju, but I feel the same way about my finances. She is attractive because she is a strong woman who keeps her own worldview and obeys the laws of society well." He expressed his love for his role. 

As for why she chose 'Her Curtain Call', she said, "First of all, she had the charm that the title itself gives, and she's not good at North Korean dialect, but her character was also good. She said during the war that she had come down from the North and overcame her struggles with her blood and blood alone, and she wanted to do it because the life of a woman was amazing,” she said. . It's been a long time since she's taken off her clothes and shows her that 'I'm not dead yet'," she laughs.

Go Doo-shim also revealed her beliefs about the title of 'national mother' that follows every work. In 'Curtain Call', she plans to realistically portray the character of her generous heart who loves her children and even her grandchildren. “Actually, the expression ‘national mother’ is sometimes burdensome. I wish she would just say 'mother', except for 'people'." She smiled and said, "I think the love of a hat is infinite, but I always live with it in my heart, so it seems to be expressed in various roles of mothers." 

Go Doo-shim met her first half drama 'Our Blues' and her second half's 'Curtain Call' to fill the 50th anniversary of her acting debut with brilliant performances. She said of this, "The net worth of money will be the result of the acting that I have honed over the past 50 years. One of the key performances in this work is to be able to digest the Hamgyeong-do dialect well.” 

She continued, "She's proud to be able to show a different side of her at a not-so-distant age. She's been working hard because I think she'll be able to express her gratitude to those who love her because she's met a really good piece of work. I will do it while protecting her health." She said, "You can look forward to this work 'Curtain Call'. The great actors who received a lot of love from all of you are also struggling while filming, so please support them,” she urged.

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ha Ji Won Shares Affection For Her “Curtain Call” Character, What Drew Her To The Drama, And More

Ha Ji Won has dished on her upcoming role!

KBS2’s “Curtain Call” is about an elderly woman from North Korea named Ja Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim) who doesn’t have much time left to live and theatre actor Yoo Jae Heon (Kang Ha Neul) who acts as her grandson in order to fulfill her final wish.

Ha Ji Won will take on the role of Park Se Yeon, the general manager of Hotel Nakwon and the youngest daughter of the family who owns it. After an unfortunate accident takes both her parents’ lives, Park Se Yeon is left with her two older brothers, Park Se Joon (Ji Seung Hyun), who was taking professional management classes abroad, and Park Se Gyu (Choi Dae Hoon), a punk with no interest in succession.

Unlike her brothers, Park Se Yeon is a skilled leader who makes it her life goal to keep Hotel Nakwon alive, which was created by the blood, sweat, and tears of their grandmother Ja Geum Soon. In addition to her skills, Park Se Yeon is a warm and friendly character who ends up taking an unexpected life route when she meets Yoo Jae Heon.

Regarding her decision to take on this new acting challenge, Ha Ji Won revealed, “I was drawn to the freshness of the synopsis and the script so I chose [this drama].”

She expanded on her affection for her character, saying, “While researching for the role of Se Yeon, I thought that it would be important to properly express the view through which Se Yeon sees the world. While she thoroughly and meticulously completes the work she needs to do, she’s a warm and affectionate character who has a soft heart under her stern exterior.” The actress added, “Extravagant fashions that suit the role of a hotel manager will come out often, so there will be fun in watching that.”

Ha-Ji-Won.jpeg

“Curtain Call” also stars Kang Ha Neul, Go Doo Shim, Kwon Sang Woo, Sung Dong Il, and more, and Ha Ji Won described the cast as having “magical chemistry.” She continued, “I’m filming so enjoyably with such excellent actors, so please look forward to it lots.”

KBS2’s “Curtain Call” will premiere in October following the conclusion of “The Law Cafe“!

Ha Ji Won Shares Affection For Her “Curtain Call” Character, What Drew Her To The Drama, And More | Soompi

• Like 1

A family still cut containing the character relationship diagram of <Curtain Call> has been released.  The drama will be broadcast  on 10/31 at 9:50 pm KST.

0006370914_001_20221004091202872.jpg?type=w430

photo courtesy of KBS

'Curtain Call' from Go Doo-shim to Ha Ji-won and Ji Seung-hyun's family still cuts released... First broadcast on the 31st

SOURCE

Curtain Call' takes off the veil. 

KBS 2TV's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call' (directed by Yoon Sang-ho / screenplayed by Jo Seong-geol), which was confirmed for its first broadcast at 9:50 pm on October 31st, came down from the North in blood and blood and built a huge hotel paradise Geum-soon (Go Doo-shim), a strong woman. By releasing the family still cuts of the family, it stimulated curiosity about the exciting story line before the airing.

Curtain Call', which is considered as the most anticipated work in the second half of this year, is a drama that tells the story of a man (Kang Ha-neul) who receives an unprecedented special to make the wishes of his elderly grandmother Geum-sun come true. Various things happen as Geum-soon believes in a rare fraudulent play by Yoo Jae-heon (Kang Ha-neul), an unknown theater actor. As the story will be centered on the Geum-soon family, a point of observation that gives a glimpse into the storyline with the relationship of the five main characters has been revealed. 

If you look at the public figure of the stills, Geum-sun, the founder and spiritual supporter of Hotel Paradise, is as imposing as a reliable head of household. Below it, the youngest granddaughter Park Se-yeon (Ha Ji-won), who is the general manager of the hotel paradise and wants to take over her grandmother's family business, and Park Se-joon (Ji Seung-hyun), the first grandson, who started the sale of the hotel because of the decline in corporate value, stand side by side as if confronting each other. The so-called 'those who want to protect' and 'those who want to sell' exist under one roof, showing a modern version of Sangsang Imong. 

There is also the second Park Se-gyu (Choi Dae-hoon), who looks at her younger sister and older brother, who are fighting over the sale of the hotel, across the river. He takes a seemingly indifferent position, but has some sharp corners that will make him a nimble presence in the net worth of money. Next to him is Park Se-joon's wife, Hyun Ji-won (Hwang Woo-seul-hye). She is a person who has lived a lively life as an announcer, and wants to get out of the stuffy atmosphere of the net price of her hotel in favor of selling her. He is expected to be a new stealer because he is going to show subtle tension to the change of self-identity along with the chemistry of a real couple. Interest is rising as to how the tense relationship between the money-soon families entangled over the hotel will unfold.

Here, the heart-fluttering fake life of actor Yoo Jae-heon is expected to enrich the fun of the play. The unique setting of only one play for an elderly grandmother, exciting character relationships and a spectacular narrative slowly take off the veil, making the first broadcast eagerly awaited. 

The production company Victory Contents said, "You will be able to enjoy a parade of outstanding performances by famous actors including Go Doo-shim." "It is a work where you can meet all kinds of fun, spectacular narrative, and reversal of laughter and emotion." .(Photo=Victory Contents)

Meanwhile, 'Curtain Call' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:50 pm on the 31st.

• Like 1

'Curtain Call' Kang Ha-neul X Ha Ji-won X Go Doo-shim open teasers that look like movies... The most anticipated work in the second half of the year is coming

0001230554_001_20221005221801408.jpg?type=w430

Kang Ha-neul, Ha Ji-won, and Ko Doo-shim have teamed up for the most anticipated work 'Curtain Call' in the second half of the year. 

KBS 2TV's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call' (directed by Yoon Sang-ho / scripted by Jo Seong-geol), which will be aired for the first time at 9:50 pm on the 31st (Mon), will be released on the 4th, with the first teaser video foreshadowing the extreme suspense on the overwhelming scale. It caught the attention of prospective viewers. 

'Curtain Call' is a drama that tells the story of people involved in the greatest fraud on earth by a man who received an unprecedented special to fulfill the wishes of his elderly grandmother Geum-soon. The epic story spanning three generations from the 1950s to the 2020s is armed with a magnificent yet condensed narrative and a storyline full of anti-war beauty, making it impossible to take your eyes off it. It is ready to fascinate the small screen at once by creating sympathy and emotion through various human figures surrounding the last wish of a dying grandmother.

0001230554_002_20221005221801615.jpg?type=w430

'Curtain Call' is one of the most anticipated works in the second half of this year, and it steals attention from the first teaser released. Focusing on the acting skills sucked in by the luxury actors, the fast-paced storyline that goes back and forth between the past and the present, and the overwhelmingly large scale reminiscent of a movie set, showed a majestic appearance. 

First, it begins with a scene where Go Doo-shim stares at the picture frames on the wall as if recalling memories. Time flies into the past, and Ha Ji-won and Kang Ha-neul exchanging affectionate glances as they sprint as if they are being chased by something urgently. 

Immediately, the screen moves to the scene where Kang Ha-neul, dressed in North Korean military clothes, shouts “Democratic People’s Republic of Korea” and explodes the tension with a strong firing sound. After that, the line “Would you like to play with me?” flows out and the secret play begins, and Ha Ji-won, who wants to protect the hotel, forms a tight confrontation with someone. Here, the images of those trying to reveal the identity of a man called Ri Moo-seong intersect, raising curiosity about what kind of story they are intertwined with. 

Lines such as “I have to go back to my place after my grandmother sends me away” and “You can use me hard while I am there” are flowing, creating tension about Grandma’s last wish and the secret behind the play. After that, the logo of 'Curtain Call' comes up, leaving a strong aftertaste, and the expectation for the first broadcast is doubled. In particular, the actors are already immersed in the character, and her appearance in the short teaser foreshadows a perfect transformation.

The production company Victory Contents said, “You will not be able to take your eyes off the exciting story and addictive narrative that can only be found in ‘Curtain Call’. It’s scheduled, so you can look forward to a well-made drama.” 

'Curtain Call' is a collaboration between director Yoon Sang-ho, who directed the dramas 'Moon Rising River', 'Wind, Cloud and Rain', and 'Saimdang Light's Diary', and writer Jo Sung-geol, who produced movies 'Hitman' and 'Youth Police'. did. 

With an overwhelming scale and unrivaled aura, 'Curtain Call', which increases immersion even before the start, will be broadcast for the first time on the 31st (Mon) 

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kang Ha Neul And Ha Ji Won Are Tangled In A Web Of Secrets In “Curtain Call” Preview

The first teaser for the upcoming drama “Curtain Call” has been released!

KBS2’s “Curtain Call” is a drama series that follows the story of Ja Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim), a North Korean woman who goes to South Korea and founds Paradise Hotel. With not much time left, she ropes in theatre actor Yoo Jae Heon (Kang Ha Neul) to fulfill her last wish, dragging him into a web of secrets, truths, and lies as he pretends to be her grandson and becomes tangled up with Ja Geum Soon’s own family.

“Curtain Call” is one of the most anticipated dramas to be aired during the last half of 2022, and the newly released teaser has only served to elevate viewers’ excitement.

The preview shows off the cast’s mesmerizing acting skills as scenes flash between past and present at a quick pace, showing sneak peeks of the grand story to come.

Ja Geum Soon appears to be reminiscing on past memories as she stares at a picture frame when suddenly, the scene cuts to the past where a man and a woman (Kang Ha Neul and Ha Ji Won) are being chased by something as they run for their lives, only to abruptly stop and gaze fondly at each other.

Right after that is a scene showing the man (Kang Ha Neul) donning a North Korean military uniform as he shouts, “The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea!” Tensions grow at the startling sound of gunfire, only for viewers to become somewhat relaxed but slightly confused as a mysterious man (Sung Dong Il) asks Yoo Jae Heon, “Would you like to put on a play with me?”

The mood and music turn mysterious as Park Se Yeon (Ha Ji Won) is shown working inside Paradise Hotel, appearing to be in a rather tense standoff with someone whose identity is not revealed. The preview continues to show scene after scene in a rapid-fire style, throwing in bits of comedy alongside the serious and mysterious moments that leaves viewers wanting to know more.

Lastly, Yoo Jae Heon can be heard saying to Ja Geum Soon, “After I send you away, I must return to where I belong. While I am here, please use me.” The teaser concludes with the drama title seen over a waving curtain, reminiscent of a true curtain call that signals the end of the show.

Producers on the show promised, “You won’t be able to tear your eyes away for even a moment because of these exciting stories and addictive plot lines that can only be found in ‘Curtain Call.'”

Watch the action-packed trailer here!

Watch: Kang Ha Neul And Ha Ji Won Are Tangled In A Web Of Secrets In “Curtain Call” Preview | Soompi

• Like 2

Son Jong-hak to appear on KBS2's 'Curtain Call'... Hotel Nakwon as Kim Seung-do, Executive Director

SOURCE

0000625539_001_20221006134301582.jpg?type=w430

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call: Trees Die Standing' (directed by Sang-ho Yoon / Scriptwriter Jo Seong-geul / hereinafter 'Curtain Call') is the biggest story on earth of a man who received an unprecedented special to fulfill the wish of an elderly grandmother Geum-sun (Go Doo-shim). It is a drama that tells the story of people who are involved in a scam. 

Son Jong-hak takes on the role of 'Kim Seung-do', a longtime employee and managing director of Hotel Paradise. As a model of 'strong and weak', infinitely weak to the strong and infinitely strong to the weak, he becomes the hands and feet of Park Se-joon (Ji Seung-hyun), the director of Hotel Paradise, gathering all kinds of information and helping him closely with everything he pursues. Son Jong-hak is already drawing a lot of anticipation, foretelling that he will perform realistically by becoming a 'Jeon-Moo Kim' who moves through a wide gap depending on the opponent. 

Son Jong-hak, well-known as a master of luxury acting, is a veteran actor who has been active in various fields, from the stage, the starting point of his acting career, to the CRT and screen. Appeared in so many works that it is difficult to count, such as the dramas 'Misaeng', 'Wife you know', 'Stove League', 'Exemplary Detective', 'Love Mother', the movies 'Black Priests', 'Inside Men', 'The Prosecutor's Gaiden', etc. He has led the story richly with his character's digestibility and uniquely delicious acting that perfectly assimilates whatever role he takes on. He is also responsible for the deep immersion of the viewers by enhancing the perfection of the play with his heavy acting skills created through his long acting career.

On the other hand, Son Jong-hak recently performed licorice in the MBC Friday-Saturday drama 'Gold Spoon' prior to casting for 'Curtain Call' and announced the start of various acting activities in the second half of this year. As each work has garnered lavish praise from viewers for its unique acting transformation and extraordinary chemistry with the cast, attention is paid to the special performance that will be presented as a character 'Kim Jeon-mu', a character that can't be hated in this work. 

• Like 1

Kang Haneul and Ha Jiwon new stills

0001508573_001_20221006110201531.jpg?type=w430

697890_356251_5425.png

697890_356252_5441.png

Spoiler

697890_356250_547.png

'Curtain Call' Kang Ha-neul X Ha Ji-won, transforming into two roles in 1950 vs 2020

SOURCE

Kang Ha-neul and Ha Ji-won will present multi-faceted acting in two roles, each with a strong impact in 'Curtain Call'. 

KBS 2TV's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'Curtain Call', which will be aired for the first time on October 31, tells the story of people involved in the greatest fraud on earth by a man who receives an unprecedented special to grant the wish of an elderly grandmother Geum-soon (Go Doo-shim). Drama. On the 4th, while the first teaser was unveiled with a spectacle scale like a movie and an overwhelming atmosphere, Kang Ha-neul and Ha Ji-won's two-person acting transformation was also opened and caught the eye.

In the first teaser that was released, in the beginning, Kang Ha-neul and Ha Ji-won filled the screen with a desperate look, pretending to be chased by something and evacuating somewhere. Extreme tension revolves in this scene that realistically depicts the situation of the war in the midst of the Hungnam evacuation operation, which took place in Hamgyeong-do in the 1950s, which evacuated a large number of refugees. Kang Ha-neul and Ha Ji-won, who appeared afterward, moved to the modern era and showed a perfect transformation by skillfully switching between two roles with a neat appearance and modern attire. 

Ha Ji-won shows the young Geum-soon, who was pretty and beautiful in the 1950s past, and in the 2020s modern day, she transforms into Park Se-yeon, the youngest granddaughter of Geum-soon and the general manager of Hotel Paradise, which is full of dignified charm. Kang Ha-neul plays the role of her husband Jong-moon, who stayed by the side of Geum-soon in the 1950s, and plays the role of Yoo Jae-heon, an optimistic and unknown theater actor, in the 2020s. 

In the published stills, Kang Ha-neul and Ha Ji-won's two-person appearance transformation are detailed, which catches the eye. 

In the stills, Kang Ha-neul depicts the dandy appearance of actor Yoo Jae-heon in the 2020s and the urgency of Jong-moon fleeing the war in the 1950s. In particular, the steel, dressed in North Korean military clothes and holding a gun, arouses curiosity about what kind of story is expressed and when the historical background is. 

Ha Ji-won is foretelling a wide acting spectrum, boasting everything from Geum-soon Geum-soon, a refugee in Hamgyeong Province, to the confident charm of Park Se-yeon, the current competent hotel general manager.

The 'trustworthy actors' will go back and forth between the 1950s and 2020s and delicately portray each person in a luxury acting parade, stimulating expectations for transformation and curiosity about the story at the same time. 

The production company Victory Contents said, “In order to naturally focus on the story line setting and dramatic transformation that goes beyond the 1950s and 2020s, we set the two actors as one person and two roles. The two actors’ two roles will hard-carry the delicate charm of the work,” he said. 

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Curtain Call” Previews Intense Conflict Between Ha Ji Won’s Family Members

New stills from the upcoming KBS2 drama “Curtain Call” have been released, showing the main cast and the vastly diverse group of characters they will be portraying.

“Curtain Call” is a drama series that will tell the story of Ja Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim), an elderly woman from North Korea who recruits a young theatre actor named Yoo Jae Heon (Kang Ha Neul) to fulfill her last wish with the limited time she has left. The drama will center around the family of Ja Geum Soon and the connections between these five people in Ja Geum Soon’s Paradise Hotel.

The newly released photo shows Ja Geum Soon to be a woman who is a pillar of strength, exuding nothing but confidence as she holds command over herself and others.

Go-Doo-Shim-800x800.jpg

After that comes Ja Geum Soon’s youngest granddaughter Park Se Yeon (Ha Ji Won). She is the manager of Paradise Hotel and takes care of her grandmother’s business, doing all she can to keep her grandmother’s legacy going. In direct opposition is Park Se Yeon’s older brother Park Se Joon (Ji Seung Hyun) who pushes for the hotel to be sold as he believes its corporate value to be plummeting. The two face off in a strong battle of wills, not stopping in their individual pursuits of what they believe to be the right choice.

Ha-Ji-Won-800x800.jpg

Spoiler

Ji-Seung-Hyeon-800x800.jpg

Then there is Park Se Gyun (Choi Dae Hoon) who has separated himself from his siblings’ fighting. In the still, he gives off an air of indifference and general disinterest in the happenings inside the hotel, but the spark of something sharp and cutting in his gaze should not go ignored.

Spoiler

Choi-Dae-Hoon-800x800.jpg

Finally, there is Park Se Joon’s wife Hyun Ji Won (Hwang Woo Seul Hye). A former newscaster, Hyun Ji Won expresses her support for her husband’s plan to sell the hotel, wanting nothing more than to escape the stifling atmosphere of the Ja Geum Soon household. While seeming to be a rather unassuming presence amidst the other family members, Hyun Ji Woo’s relationship with her husband and the character development she goes through will make viewers want to keep a close eye on her.

Spoiler

Hwang-Woo-Seul-Hae-800x800.jpg

What will unfold between these five characters? And how will Yoo Jae Heon fit in amidst all of this? Anticipation is undoubtedly building for the premiere of this drama as fans speculate just what truths, lies, and secrets will be uncovered.

“Curtain Call” is set to air every Monday and Tuesday on KBS2 starting on October 31.

“Curtain Call” Previews Intense Conflict Between Ha Ji Won’s Family Members | Soompi

• Like 1