Network:  iQiyi, Tencent

Cast:

Yang Zi Shan as Mu Wanqing
Zhu Ya Wen as Liu Qing
Mike He
Li Yuan
Fang Xiao Li

Synopsis:

The story of the lion and the lazy cat follows two people who get married first before falling in love. Mu WanQing is a successful lady CEO and Liu Qing is an unemployed former soldier.

Mu WanQing and Liu Qing's first encounter was on their wedding day. With no feelings for each other, their relationship started out hostile until it turns into one of mutual love and support. Liu Qing helps Mu WanQing resolve the crises in her company while at the same time averting the provocations from her ex-boyfriend. As their love is severely tested, a bigger challenge rises to the surface. In order to fulfill the wishes of their elders, they start on a journey to Thailand.

Cr MDL, Dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] The Lion's Secret 赖猫的狮子倒影

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Wow , I am up to ep 19 ...I have never watched a drama where I adore the men and totally hate the stupid stupid women....she is an idiot and because she did not notice that her 100 yr old grandmother is sick she is blaming my LQ . I have to continue watching because as I said I am standing by my men but I should tell LQ to cut off his ...... .  I am not sure who the writer is (hates men and glorifies stupid and violent women )  , but in future i will definitely avoid .  

• Like 2

@jadore1 I get why you like the ML. He's not handsome and yet there's something endearing about the way he behaves (I cheated and watched the latest few episodes and am eagerly waiting for tonight). As for the 2nd ML, I figured out what was off about him, it's his Taiwanese accent (LOL) ... he is quite good looking, that one!

• Like 1

@realistic2280a I didn't watch the beginning episodes, so when I watched the later ones, they were genuinely in a relationship. Though in the last 3 episodes, it's gone towards a different direction.

@jadore1 Tonight is the ending. I feel like I am watching a 

Spoiler

James Bond or Jason Bourne drama. I wonder why it's suddenly taken this direction. Though I must admit, it's kinda cool watching our ML show off his wit and courage.

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@realistic2280a I didn't watch the beginning episodes, so when I watched the later ones, they were genuinely in a relationship. Though in the last 3 episodes, it's gone towards a different direction.

I saw from ep1... but she was annoying to say the least.... no respect for her ^husband^... i wonder in which episode she kinda realise she likes him and treat him better maybe i can watch it from there..... to read that 10 episodes on that she was still disrespectful isnt my cup of tea.. 

because the guy is cute... lol.. im not watching for her but because of him...hence i want to see happy moments..:lol:

• LOL 2

I think we are all here for LQ and 2nd ML ...I get nightmares if watching murders so I usually stick to smart romance if i can find one ...here I have been skipping so much that i am not sure in what episode did this woman realize that she has one of the most adorable guys of 2022 LOL .    I have to see the last 3 episodes and maybe go back few more but boy did this drama raise my blood pressure in the romance department ... I still say our LQ could do better but i guess its his choice and I have to support him .   I have never heard the speech/accent that 2nd ML spoke and tonight I clicked on the new drama A Chance Meeting / Because of Love and they have Wallace Chung almost speaking with the same ...small world.   

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

@realistic2280a If I am not mistaken, she was kinda forced by her parents into the marriage. So I don't blame her behaving that way. But then again I've not really watched the beginning episodes, so I don't know how badly she behaved.

@jadore1 wah... this is really a rather strange drama with so much action in last 3 episodes, no wonder the genre in MDL is action, and it's the first word to appear in that list too. Yup, WC and his accent is erh somewhat distracting. At least, the 2nd ML isn't as bad, compared with WC's. I can read Chinese badly and sometimes I am forced to try and read the subtitles to make sense of what the latter said. I googled the ML and it turns out he has quite a clean profile as a person - good for him! I hope he keeps the slate clean. I went through his list of dramas, and he does the action and republican sort... none in the wuxia or xianxia genre, he probably doesn't enjoy doing those. Wish he would pick one though, it would be interesting to watch him with long hair  :hooray2:

• Like 1

@SC2019... Yes she was... for her safety, according to the father.  She was planning  to divorce him after a year or after the company became more stable... she didnt make any effort to know who he was; apparently there knew each other when they were kids, etc.....

The way she clings to her friend, one would think she is in a relationship with that girlfriend!:lol:

But after she slaps him after he opened the wine, i was like... ok, i cant take any emotional/husband abuse anymore and stopped watching... haha.. Granted, he was trying to provoke her, but yeah, she should have make effort at least as a decent human being to be at least nice and talk to him - her legally wedded husband and, not ignoring him... i dont know, im just  not into emotional abuse drama... lol... i need romance!:lol:

I understand bits and pieces of mandarin hence i depend on subtitles to watch Chinese dramas so as not to miss anything.. hehe

• Like 1

Gotta chime in here because I absolutely adore the show and the FL and the chemistry between the main leads. Agree that the way the FL treated ML in the first few episodes were rude but also she was just forced to marry and invite a complete stranger into her life and personal space. I would be annoyed most of the time as well. Also ML has never told her all the things he did silently for her - like saving her from the kidnapping bad guys or when he got hurt by the intruder in the office. In the FL’s eyes, ML is sketchy AF lol and why should she show him any respect or even be nice to him when he gave her zero reason to. I also don’t think she “needs” to respect him just because he’s her husband. In her mind, she probably thought that she’s going to divorce him sooner or later so why bother.

To me, the first time FL actually showed her true color was when she saw 二狗. The second time was when she met 悠悠. This made me realize that behind the cold facade, FL is actually a kind hearted woman who learned how to be strong because of her past. She put her guard down slowly for ML as soon as she realized that ML has been unselfishly putting other people’s safety above his (like the time he saved 悠悠 from almost getting hit by a car).  I actually LOOOVE her character development and seeing her slowly fall for ML is giving me life.

Ahhh I can go on and on about this show but I am beyond pissed with that ending. Also, it doesn’t seem like a lot of people know about this show :(

• Like 1

Even though, it doesnt hurt to be kind.... She know her father chose the husband for her; she would know that he has her best interests at heart and wouldnt not choose someone who would be bad for her. Afterall, the marriage was supposed to cement her standing as a mature leader of the company...

The drama writers made her in such as away that she is a darn spoilt brat at the beginning of the drama... its not being mature, its being annoying, disrespectful and rude... although respect is earned, the husband did try to talk to her but she was the one who refused, acting as if she is a god or something... hehe:lol:... that the husband is beneth her and poor... ah well...

But yeah..  it was tiring and perhaps i wasnt really looking fwd to it as i dont recognise the actors in the drama... :D

Totally see where you're coming from! Respect should be earned both ways but imagine on the day of your wedding (and it's the first time she sees him ever), you found out your 'husband' got wasted and partied too hard at the bar the night before. He's not giving her a good first impression or doing a good job to earn her respect either :p Also, on the early episode where he mischievously gets into her bed "half naked" lol. It's a funny scene but if it happens to me IRL I will for sure get even madder at him :joy:

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Lion's Secret 赖猫的狮子倒影