Broadcast Date: Jan 11, 2022 - Jan 25, 2022

Cast:

Bai Jing Ting as Xiao Heyun
Zhao Jin Mai as Li Shiqing
Liu Tao
Huang Jue
Liu Dan

Synopsis:

Tells of two groups of people stuck in a time loop where they keep returning to the beginning of a day or incident.

In part one, Li Shi Qing experiences death over and over again on a bus, with each loop sending her back to the bus and back in time. To get off the bus, she accidentally dragged fellow passenger Xiao He Yun into the time loop. The two must try everything to make sure the bus gets to its destination safely to close the time loop.

Unbeknownst to them, Song Bo Dao is a delivery man also stuck in a separate but connected time loop. He is tasked with finishing his deliveries for the day, but for some reason can never deliver all of them, especially a package to someone called Xiao He Yun. Along the way, he finds pets and people in need of help, and helps them over and over again every day. One of them is writer Qin Rou Rou, who is immediately taken by his story and decides to help him decipher the solution to the time loop. They begin to date and fall back in love every day as he delivers her cat food to her and re-tells to her their story.

Credit: MDL

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Reset 开端
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Reset 开端

@morningdew Do you have access to Viki? First 2 episodes on there are out with English subs. They might be translated more accurately there. However, if you do not have Viki Pass, there will be ads which are annoying. I am definitely going to watch, but am going to wait for more episodes to be subbed. I may give up by the weekend though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@morningdew Do you have access to Viki? First 2 episodes on there are out with English subs. They might be translated more accurately there.

Unfortunately I don't have a Viki pass.  So I might need to wait for more episodes to come out. Hoping they will add a decent subs on youtube or it will be on wetv.

I like the first 2 episodes I watched. Love the leads & the story.  Wondering how they can solve the mystery and finally end the time loop.

• Like 1

Interesting though not an uncommon plot. It's like Groundhog Day meets Final Destination.

Am tuning in for the leads LoL. Angel look so pretty here, they really did her dirty on "A Thing Called First Love". Of course Bai Jing Ting he's really good at these average guy type character LoL.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Of course Bai Jing Ting he's really good at these average guy type character LoL.

I feel BJT forte is he choses scripts and characters very smartly although being a Newbie actor <He is mostly known for his variety shows>.

Coming back to this show. First 2 episodes are interesting, but I think this genre needs binge watching else the excitement for me tends to dwindle. A daylight production is 90% success let's see how rest loop pans out. So far So good.

• Like 2

So far I finished episode 7, only 1 loop. Anyway, the latest previews already revealed who the bomber is. 

This is quite an exciting drama. I couldn’t stop, chasing one episode after another. I felt really  ‘tired’ for the main leads - sleeping or dying, then reawakening on the bus, and explaining to the Police repeatedly. The back stories of the other passengers are slowly revealed as the drama progresses which gave me an understanding into the real life issues of the ordinary people, from young to old. I am amazed at the realistic acting of the supporting actors - bus passengers and police officers. 

• Like 3

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Reset 开端

Just so very well written, produced and acted.  Each episode gives not only more information but clues as well.  Anybody else catch the Pachebel ringtone that came from the police woman's phone in episode 9?

• Like 2

Yeah, it caused Shi Qing to have a panic attack, which the police officers noticed. Too bad they didn’t have time to investigate it once the time reset.

For those wondering about the ending - it is a

Spoiler

Happy ending. I was worried for He Yun who was getting weaker, bleeding from the nose, waking up later in the bus …. But luckily, nobody died in the last reset, and they discovered the reason behind the revenge plot of the bus driver and his wife - for their daughter who died on the same No. 45 bus service 5 years ago.

Anyway, this is a fast paced, well-produced drama with all round good acting. Now that the drama has finished it’s run, you can watch it all in a go.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I don't like the ending, it is too simplistic. I was hoping for some explanation or links of the 2 leads with the background of the whole story, as to why they were the chosen ones to do the resets. Could have more depth to it.

And the male lead just recovered from his blood vomiting spells without any explanation too.

• Like 1

I really loved watching Reset.

First of all I was 50% sold to the show when I saw the cast. I do not watch many cdramas and when I do watch the modern ones even though quite often I find the stories pretty cliche. I remember Zhao Jinmai from 'A Little Thing Called First Love' she was so cute and pretty. And last November discovered good actor Bai Jingting while watching 'You're My Hero" and "Octogenarian and the 90s" back to back. He won me with his acting. So when I get to see cast I previously enjoyed Reset already got my attention. I thought I would watch it after it ends airing.

I  loved this drama. :highonflowers:

I will share my view on spoiler as many here seems to be still watching the show.

Spoiler

First of all I love the pacing of the drama.. It doesn't have the most complicated or awesome story but It has nice balance of calmness and edginess in the story .. Like there were moment I saw our lead being relaxed and my mood slightly get lightened and there were moment I saw them agitated and also felt the same. I thought the direction and execution was done well to balance this out. I loved how with each loop they started to discover exactly how they should approach this situation. It was very entertaining to watch. There were moments where I had hands above my head when canon D ringtone started playing even though I knew it that they're gonna end this loop somehow in the end of story.

At some point I thought may be they really need someone else in the loop to solve it..But it wasn't necessary to do that. I loved how they took more hold on the matter after each loop. Also there's this issue that was physically affecting Heyun, leaving Shiqing to start working alone.. Glad he was able to woke up in time.

I love how Shiqing and Heyun started to bond in each loop and came to depend on each other eventually grow love and attachment even though at first they had totally different thought process. The relationship was nicely built in the drama.

Last but not the least the message of this drama is very thoughtful. Netizen people should be more compassionate in their comments. It may be just video to onlookers but for a family or person it's life and death matter.

And Special Mention- the production made some awesome posters.. Loved these and all the other character poster.

FKjrxfBXEAIvG_Z?format=jpg&name=large

FK0UdSZVkAANwOw?format=jpg&name=small

And I love how our leads costume color complements each other.. They looked good in those color togther. I wonder how many sets of these same clothes they prepared for this drama?

FK43N-VaQAINy2u?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 6

I absolutely love this drama. I'm glued to it... really good pacing, at times fast and furious, other times slow and steady. Really love the main actors, as well as everyone else, top notch acting, their faces, their expressions, their struggles, so  convincing. Love the story, the way it is constructed, bit by bit, slowly revealing more details, it takes you along (and I'm usually not a great fan of this type of thing). I find myself thinking about it afterwards, what did they mean by that, is this detail important...etc. Great script too, just excellent. Thank you and well done to all involved, I'm so enjoying it.

• Like 1