[Drama 2022] It's Beautiful Now or The Present is Beautiful, 현재는 아름다워 - Sat & Sun 19:55 @KST

0ly40

@backstreetboysfan He's definitely going to get scammed. I feel like he's really showing his age and inexperience. SooJae is the perfect example of the baby in the family. He thinks he knows what he's doing, but he really should be asking for advice. His brother is a lawyer! Not asking for advice is such a rookie mistake.

@knkg The ex and her attitude bothers me so much. Episode 6 she admitted that she also cheated. That's likely why she's being followed. It's probably a private investigator trying to get pictures to prove she is cheating again. The way she talks to HyunJae says a lot. I feel a teeny tiny bit bad for her, but I also feel like I'm going to hate her as the drama progresses :lol:

HyunJae and Mirae are admittedly my favourites. Mirae is so full of life and cheerful, and HyunJae is so practical. His relationship with the father is so sweet. He truly respects his father and that conversation really showed why the father chose him as his favourite.

I absolutely love that they are addressing childhood trauma. It never really goes away, and they did really well showing that with how the father reacted to his uncle trying to scam him. 

I'm genuinely curious about the people calling calling HaeJoon crusty and old. What is wrong with her? The actress is only 3 years older than the actor playing YoonJae. I think they're cute together. He's really awkward and in debt. She has a stable income and knows what she wants. I think he needs someone like that. Someone to push him into getting his life together... though her sabotaging his chance to be on that dating show was cheating xD

@CupcakeEonni Just ignore it. I like Hae-jun alot. shes really funny. The scene with father crying was heartbreaking. Also the grandfather is such an amazing person, i love him. The Ex-Girlfriend is very annoying. She's the one i dislike the most. Luckily she won't stay for too many episodes.

• Like 6

@Lunkera  The whole family is so full of love. The grandpa adopting because he wants to take care of someone the way he hopes his daughter is being taken care of is so sweet. I really enjoyed the flashbacks. 

58 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

@backstreetboysfan He's definitely going to get scammed. I feel like he's really showing his age and inexperience. SooJae is the perfect example of the baby in the family. He thinks he knows what he's doing, but he really should be asking for advice. His brother is a lawyer! Not asking for advice is such a rookie mistake.

I think so as well, that comes from being young he has a lot to learn and he will. I so agree he should of asked for advice to make sure.

• Like 2

@CupcakeEonni Some people in naver chat was complaining it's too boring though. But i enjoy slow dramas like this one. There was a drama called Childless Comfort which was also slow but enjoyed immensily. Writer also have done alot of dramas like "A Thousand Days Promise" & "Life Is Beautiful" from 2010. So these kind of warm family dramas is just up my alley. Need something to calm myself during the weekend after watching daily drama.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@CupcakeEonniIt's like Hyun Jae said himself, he gave her a finger and she wants the entire arm. But then it's kind of understandable why. Not only does she have that kind of personality, Hyun Jae is too good of relationship material to not latch on to, especially if you had a connection with him from before and know that if you can just worm yourself back in you're set for life with a loyal partner. Something her husband obviously was not. And if we're to be objective, Mirae is kind of doing the same thing. Got hurt by a dude and is latching on to the next nice dude that came along (she's just lucky it's an actual nice dude and not an RickRoll'D masquerading as one). It's just that since she's a nice person and isn't forcing herself on her target, makes her someone we want to root for.

As for Hae Joon being old, I think that just shows the age of the complainer :D

• Like 2

@Lunkera I think it depends on what kind of dramas people like. Some people only like dramas with over-the-top ridiculous chaos. I enjoy a good makjang, but I prefer dramas that focus on the characters. If I'm going to watch something that is 30+ episodes, I need to actually know and like the characters. I don't think it's boring. I think it's a nice break from the chaos of the other dramas I'm watching.

Though... I should ask my mother in law if she's enjoying it. I need to get the old lady take on the drama. She was crazy about Young Lady and a Gentleman and I was not :lol: I had to force myself to keep watching it, and I mostly fast forwarded. 

@knkg You're right. In a way Mirae is doing that same thing. I think Mirae wants to repay him for helping her. Part of it is gratitude, and the other part is her starting to like him for who is is. HyunJae definitely likes her, he just seems a lot more cautious of his feelings than Mirae. 

2 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Haggard lawyer lady sabotaged and slandered our dentist's chance on the blind date show just because he DONT want her old crusty behind, LOL!

I dont' get the hate towards Hae Jun tbh. And do you think Yoon Jae knows what he wants? The man is only doing this for money. He really has no interest in getting married or dating anyone.

8 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think Soo Jae is getting scammed.

OMG the ex I knew she was up to no good, I hope Hyun Jae won't bend and allow her to use him. For a lawyer he should at least be able to read people and avoid frauds.

Loved the MiRae & Hyun Jae scenes today :).

I also think he is. Typical of the youngest child, he is full of ideas and dreams and want to prove himself to his family. That's why he thinks he's getting that apartment and also didn't think of asking for help from his brother. As much as I like his relationship with YooNa, I think they're going to hit a wall once they start being aware of their changing feelings and they conflict with their aspirations. If we add MiRae's brother to that...well...it's going to be messy I think.

2 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

The ex and her attitude bothers me so much. Episode 6 she admitted that she also cheated. That's likely why she's being followed. It's probably a private investigator trying to get pictures to prove she is cheating again. The way she talks to HyunJae says a lot. I feel a teeny tiny bit bad for her, but I also feel like I'm going to hate her as the drama progresses

I also think she's going to be problematic for our main couple. I am just hoping her case will be over soon, just like MiRae's ex.

2 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I absolutely love that they are addressing childhood trauma. It never really goes away, and they did really well showing that with how the father reacted to his uncle trying to scam him. 

1 hour ago, CupcakeEonni said:

he whole family is so full of love. The grandpa adopting because he wants to take care of someone the way he hopes his daughter is being taken care of is so sweet. I really enjoyed the flashbacks. 

The thing I like most about this drama is how full of healthy, loving relationships it is. The parents-children relationship, Grandpa and the boys dad, MiRae's parents. So many examples of caring ppl and I am loving it. Especially since the last two weekend dramas were full of makjang plots and extremely unhealthy people. 

So, yes, for some ppl it might be 'boring' but I prefer longer dramas which focus on its characters, and we see development and growth. 

56 minutes ago, CupcakeEonni said:

In a way Mirae is doing that same thing. I think Mirae wants to repay him for helping her. Part of it is gratitude, and the other part is her starting to like him for who is is. HyunJae definitely likes her, he just seems a lot more cautious of his feelings than Mirae.

I agree. MiRae is doing the same thing. But, since she's a more caring and warm person, I think it's what's drawing Hyun Jae's attention to her. His ex is really selfish though. 

1 hour ago, knkg said:

As for Hae Joon being old, I think that just shows the age of the complainer

:D 

I actually like her. And even if she's a little too much sometimes, I think she's exactly what Yoon Jae needs to be pushed out there and help him. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I dont' get the hate towards Hae Jun tbh. And do you think Yoon Jae knows what he wants? The man is only doing this for money. He really has no interest in getting married or dating anyone.

There are two reasons why I dislike this character. Number one, the show was Goofy and I like Goofy, this actress does not play it off well or it's just the character itself that's just ugh. And the hair stylist need to do something different with her hair. The actress is older in real life even if it's by a year, the hairstyle makes her look like she is in her fifties. And the character is just stale. I see no chemistry. I think that the actress was miscast. As for the character herself, she is far too aggressive and I'll just be frank, it makes her the character and the actress playing her even more unattractive looking. And as for the rest, it does not matter if he ( the dentist) wasn't really interested in looking for someone. What haggard lawyer lady did show was part of a poor character who is SO desperate that she had to lie and smear his reputation because she is mad that he is not hitting on her or asking her out. That is just pathetic and manipulative. It is also signs of a desperate woman. It is not even cute although the show is trying to make it look like it is.

6 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

@backstreetboysfan 

@knkg The ex and her attitude bothers me so much. Episode 6 she admitted that she also cheated. That's likely why she's being followed. It's probably a private investigator trying to get pictures to prove she is cheating again. The way she 

I'm genuinely curious about the people calling calling HaeJoon crusty and old. What is wrong with her? The actress is only 3 years older than the actor playing YoonJae. I think they're cute together. He's really awkward and in debt. She has a stable income and knows what she wants. I think he needs someone like that. Someone to push him into getting his life together... though her sabotaging his chance to be on that dating show was cheating xD

She looks aged and just like the actress that's playing the Queen on the King of Tears even though that actress is 3 or 4 years younger than the main actor. Though the King of Tears acting is superb with that actress that I mentioned, so far I am not impressed with the particular acting of the haggard lawyer.

5 hours ago, knkg said:

As for Hae Joon being old, I think that just shows the age of the complainer :D

Perhaps. I am a 39 year old woman. If that is supposed to  have meaning, determine yourself whether you lost or  won that clap back.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I also think he is. Typical of the youngest child, he is full of ideas and dreams and want to prove himself to his family. That's why he thinks he's getting that apartment and also didn't think of asking for help from his brother. As much as I like his relationship with YooNa, I think they're going to hit a wall once they start being aware of their changing feelings and they conflict with their aspirations. If we add MiRae's brother to that...well...it's going to be messy I think.

I also think she's going to be problematic for our main couple. I am just hoping her case will be over soon, just like MiRae's ex.

Yeah I think you could be right about all that @Min Mcgonagall.

• Like 1

I just have to mention this again. Why would anybody ship the dentist male lead with the desperate woman that was basically stalking him and upset with him because he doesn't acknowledge her or her weirdo advances? Why would anybody want to ship him with the woman that has no qualms about damaging his reputation just because her ego and pride was broken? That heifer was acting like she was in a real relationship with him and what she did was very vindictive and just plain evil. I'm reading comments like "that's what he needs[someone like her] to give him a push in life". That is what he needs? A woman that went out of her way to damage his reputation and just because she is more stable financially he needs someone like her? What???

I didn't even like his blind date, but I prefer her because she's very honest and straightforward to that haggard-looking troll. And will the stylist or hairdresser of KBS please do something with that horrible looking bangs and hair.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

She just a snake in the grass!

national geographic snake GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Written Preview :

Preview of episode 8 Sujeong is upset with her mother Miyoung's disagreement. Meanwhile, the future is concerned about Young-eun, who continues to hover around the present under the pretext of trial.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, dramaaddict said:

I actually quite like the dentist and lawyer storyline.  I don't like the youngest son - it's very predictable and I don't understand why the mum keep saying he is the best looking of her three sons - to me he is the least.

Same! 

I still think the oldest couple have a quite interesting story to develop. The youngest one, it seems will have to deal with a love triangle?

2 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@Min Mcgonagall Hmm it might actually. Would be interesting with Hyunjae and Mirae having to fight to be together. btw are you Min Is it madness? on twitter?

I think it could happen soon. MiRae and Hyun Jae will probably have to try and hide their relationship at some point or will doubt to start one if that comes out before they accept their feelings.

Yes, I am :)

• Like 1