Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas (2021) - Poll #1

partyon

Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas of 2021  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which thriller / suspense / fantasy / mystery dramas were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 5)

• Sell Your Haunted House
    • The Veil (Black Sun)
    • Penthouse (seasons 1-3)
    • Taxi Driver
    • Awaken
    • L.U.C.A.: The Beginning
    • High Class
    • Mouse
    • The Road: Tragedy of One
    • Voice 4
    • Happiness
    • Jirisan
    • The Uncanny Counter
    • Chimera
    • Sisyphus: The Myth
    • Reflection of You
    • Beyond Evil
    • Undercover
    • Get Revenge
    • Something else / Didn't watch any dramas of this genre
  2. 2. Which rom-coms / comedies were your favorite in 2021? (choose up to 5)

• Mr. Queen
    • Secret Royal Inspector Joy
    • Police University
    • Hello? It's Me!
    • Royal Secret Agent
    • Dali and Cocky Prince
    • Imitation
    • On the Verge of Insanity
    • Oh My Ladylord
    • One the Woman
    • Doom at Your Service
    • True Beauty
    • My Roommate is a Gumiho
    • Yumi's Cells
    • Vincenzo
    • Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
    • Monthly Magazine Home
    • Inspector Koo
    • She Would Never Know
  3. 3. Which romances / dramas / melodramas were your favorite in 2021? (choose up to 5)

• Bossam: Steal the Fate
    • Youth of May
    • Racket Boys
    • Lovers of the Red Sky
    • Navillera
    • You Are My Spring
    • River Where the Moon Rises
    • Melancholia
    • Hospital Playlist 2
    • The King's Affection
    • Seen From a Distance, Green Srping
    • Mine
    • The Devil Judge
    • Idol: The Coup
    • Run On
    • Law School
    • Nevertheless
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (seasons 1-2)
    • Human Disqualification/Lost

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/17/2022 at 07:00 AM

Top three for me (two are not listed):

1. Happiness

2. The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim (I know it isn't long or deep, but Nam Da Reum had a lead role for once! And it hit the spot perfectly.)

3. Move to Heaven (whyyy is this one not on there?? This should be winning awards.)

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

54 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

2. The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim (I know it isn't long or deep, but Nam Da Reum had a lead role for once! And it hit the spot perfectly.)

3. Move to Heaven (whyyy is this one not on there?? This should be winning awards.)

I can confirm that these dramas are included in poll #2 which will launch no later than Wednesday this week. :glasses:

Since there were so many webcasts (i.e. dramas that were only shown on streaming sites) in 2021, we had to create a separate question for it. Our polls have technical limitations unfortunately. :tears:

I hope you will look forward to poll #2 and vote in it as well.

:smooches3:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

Wow Nevertheless and 'the' barf' drama  a.ka. Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (seasons 1-2) made it to the list! :crazily:

Why How When GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@Lmangla What? You want to watch the third season of that mindless drama? 

Why Is Reading so Unpopular? – Caitlin Althea

I seem to have watched a lot of rom-coms this past year. :Pandabulous:

Thought So GIFs | Tenor

Thank you for including one of my favourite dramas 'On the Verge of Insanity'. And though 'Hello! It's Me' wasn't the best, it was entertaining.:sipsboba:But where is my other favourite 'Mad for Each Other'?:tears:

This poll tells me that I have dropped too many dramas.:bashful:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

But where is my other favourite 'Mad for Each Other'?

I think this is the fourth time I am explaining this today

:loolz:

All dramas that were shown ONLY on streaming sites (e.g. Netflix only dramas) will be included in poll #2 launching no later than Wednesday this week.

On Fire GIF

Please look forward to  it

:dorakiss:

• LOL 11
  • Blob 1

37 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i feel the same so sorry was not on the list...

I will help out @partyon and explain that it's because it ended this year (2022), and all the dramas listed in the poll ended within 2021.

I just looked it up - Red Sleeve Cuff only ended January 1! So it missed this poll by one day. But it will be in next year's poll.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Watched so many dramas this year. My favs: 

Mr. Queen - Didn't like the ending but loved everything else

So I Married an Anti-fan - Predictable, but a fun cute watch that I really enjoyed

Imitation - Another fun watch that I liked

Racket Boys - Good drama with great characters

Move to Heaven - So good, highly recommend.

Devil Judge - One of favs, such a good show

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Wait, you didn't finish Hospital Playlist 2? :scream:

Yet you forced me watch it, Ms. Koko!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

Forced you?!?! 

laugh-laughing.gif

I never did that. You watched it on your own. You did not watch it quietly also, you made all these absurd polls which made everyone go crazy. At one point, I wished you'd stop watching it. LOL. 

• LOL 8
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

I think this is the fourth time I am explaining this today

All dramas that were shown ONLY on streaming sites (e.g. Netflix only dramas) will be included in poll #2 launching no later than Wednesday this week.

I emphathize with you @partyon Well I guess, maybe because some of the dramas on the list were also shown on the streaming sites. Hopefully the next person will be able to see how the sentences above are currently bold and the size of the fonts are getting bigger too :glasses: 

p.s

forgot to mention about the Underline too :D

• LOL 9
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Mr. Queen - Didn't like the ending but loved everything else

Please look forward to our poll #3 (worst endings / greatest drama disappointments of 2021). :glasses:

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

also, you made all these absurd polls which made everyone go crazy. At one point, I wished you'd stop watching it. LOL. 

Ms. Koko, I will have you know that the polls @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and I put up with alternative Hospital Playlist season 2 storylines were masterpieces.

MASTERPIECES I tell you!

Just Do It Yes GIF by Rocky

Tell me where you will find such creative writing that dongsaeng and I came up with? I mean, Andrea's brother being secret mafia was pure genius.

Albert Einstein Vintage GIF by US National Archives

2 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Hopefully the next person will be able to see how the sentences above are currently bold and the size of the fonts are getting bigger too 

Thanks, I will use an even bigger font next time.

• LOL 7
  • Blob 2

Thanks @partyon !

I did not watch many dramas last year because of I had a very bad morning sickness that ever happened in my life from Januari to June of 2021 hahahahaaa :lol:

1. Btw I like Nevertheless.. Song Kang was very much handsome :fullofhearts: The conversations that happened inside Na Bi’s head were very real in the teenagers world now. Me and my friends favorite quotes from this drama: I know there is no turning back, nevertheless.. HAHAHA 

2. oh ya we also like love ft. Marriage. Hahahahaaaa :joy:

3. Vincenzo of course. Song Joong Ki class and style is on another level :love: and I want to said, I am regretting that I have had mad to him after his divorce. Now that I am looking at it again, I know that it should be the wife who cause it. Hua HAHAHA. Oh my Song Joong Ki :love: In fact he was at his best performance, very popular and famous, and that woman entrap him to married her and made him dream about a happy marriage. That was he was only and just simple and pure goal in life. But she destroyed it. She destroyed SJK youthness and purity. THANKS GOD, Vincenzo brings him back on the track. I love you my ideal virgo oppa :arrows1:

I am sorry for the ex wife fans. I am just saying HAHAHAHAH

and I will run now lol.. :joy:

NB. Thanks again @partyon hahahaaaa

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Did you watch more than one kdrama though? :kiss_closed:

Yes I did haha... I watched 6 others in the list above (Uncanny, Mouse, Jirisan, Happiness, Awaken, Voice4).. and the rest that I watched are not up there (Netflix ones).

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

I voted for the dramas that I watched (except-- Love ft Marriage and Divorced--I'm embarrassed to confess that I watched it... although it's out there now! :tounge_wink:) rather than the best dramas.  I was going to rant about Move to Heaven not being part of the poll until I read the response.  I did enjoy Navillera.  I recommend it if you liked Move to Heaven.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I voted for the dramas that I watched (except-- Love ft Marriage and Divorced--I'm embarrassed to confess that I watched it... although it's out there now! :tounge_wink:

No need to be embarrassed! All of us who watched Barf Drama should get a medal. :joy: We EOs wear ours with pride. :joy: I even voted for the drama in this poll, as did @Lmangla sweetie. hehe

@itsmeash Nice list! :glasses: How many dramas did you watch in total?

Btw am not seeing @ferily's nor @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng's votes for Mouse in this poll. I thought it was your favorite drama?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

@LeftCoastOppa

Dailies / weekend dramas, c-dramas and streaming dramas (ie. dramas only on streaming sites like Netflix) are included in poll #2 that will be launched later today.

i did a thing GIF

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

I agree with someone who said here they dropped too many dramas -- especially for romance/melodrama I was only able to check off The King's Affection. :joy: It seems my taste in dramas are all on the thriller/comedy genre haha!

Other shows that I have watched and liked in 2021 are:

Bulgasal (ongoing)
Artificial City (ongoing)
Silent Sea

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

Yay! :love:

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2
  • Blob 2