Merry Christmas 2021 and a Happy New Year 2022

Sleepy Owl

2021 Year has been weird.  Lot of things happened but I honestly don´t remember much of this year. 

Maybe that is a good thing.   

This year there has not been that many good kdramas. So I have been kind of Kdrama slump.

There has been amazing talks in threads and I have been laughing on some seriously ridiculous dramas :loolz:

I want to thank everyone for great talks for this year. And to wish for everyone to have amazing holidays.  :heart:

Hopefully we have better kdamas for next year and that my drop rate would drop.

Merry Xmas and Happy holidays!

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Thanks @Sleepy Owl 

2021 has been great. Very great and I am very happy and have been very blessed. 

There were the good times and the bad times. But I forget the bad because I want a clean soul to face my shining shimmering splendid future <3

and for the good times, I have been blessed to have my 2nd angel, baby G. 2 sons completed my position as the one and only queen in the house, this is my greatest blessings. :kiss_wink: 

For my kdramas, I have many kdramas to watch for but my speed is as slow as snails. My focus in life is to raising my 2 princes with love :heart:

For 2022, I wish everyone will stay healthy and happy <3

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for everyone on Soompi Forum :heart4:

Another miracles in 2021:

I am growing my hair again. I cut it very short in 2017 ( I really love my long hair. I had it for like 20 years before I cut it) because I was so broken mentally and physically. I promised in heart I will only grow it again when I am fixed and want to love again. And I didn’t know when will it happened.   But miracles make it happened in 2021. I am very happy because I can back to salon and is having my long hair again. Long hair for me means I only remember the good that happened in my journey <3

• Like 4
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, joccu said:

2021 Year has been weird.  Lot of things happened but I honestly don´t remember much of this year. 

Maybe that is a good thing.   

This year there has not been that many good kdramas. So I have been kind of Kdrama slump.

There has been amazing talks in threads and I have been laughing on some seriously ridiculous dramas 

I want to thank everyone for great talks for this year. And to wish for everyone to have amazing holidays.  :heart:

Hopefully we have better kdamas for next year and that my drop rate would drop.

Merry Xmas and Happy holidays!

same experience here! I honestly can't remember most of the year. it is a total blur. and mostly I was in a kdrama slump which meant I spent the year watching a lot of daily dramas and just finding entertainment from the chatter and the comments. so had some great laughs over them. 

have a great year end everyone. hope 2022 treats us better and we all are blessed with good memories to come. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRae161iSZTndn8HFBX5oT

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Thank you for the tag @Sleepy Owl

I managed to choose a few really enjoyable shows, eg the taxi driver, where the good guys win, to heck with the snail pace legal agencies, also Jang Nara's haunted house.

The dailies were on the average lame but oh so entertaining. Many times, I would skip watching the episodes and just read the addictive forums. Thank you all for posting funny, hilarious, confused etc. thoughts and plain useful info.

This year,  I only encountered one show, last supper or something, where a pain in the rear immature poster insisted on converting us to her POV and questioning our right to post. I hope this type will have their own private forums. I ran into more last year. Next year, I hope there will be none.

In other shows, some people were happily griping at anything and everything while others were very happy about the same things - genuine co-existence. See you all in other hair pulling, teeth grinding dailies next year.  Hoping that I can catch other 16-20 episode good series. 

Happy Christmas

Happy New Year

Happy holidays

:happydance:

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

2021... I've watched around 70 dramas.:joy:( KDrama, CDrama, JDorama).

Best drama: MINE, HAPPINESS, Be My Family, Love Scene Number, MINE, Love featuring marriage and divorce, Lost/ Human Disqualification, Missing Child,  Run On, Dali and the cocky Prince, Nevertheless, Ideal City, and Love Scenery.

Worst drama: Oh My Ladylord

My favourite scene remains the hand grab between Suzy Choi and Seo Hyun in MINE. I am still mad that I didn't get a kiss between the two!:tears:

(The three LGBTQ representations made this year awesome. MINE, nevertheless and The Road)

Spoiler

I still get chills... Exact moment is 26:40

https://youtu.be/qd2enf0eMkY 

I also made a new friend on this forum @the_sweetroad

I finally graduated and got my masters degree.

I hope to get back to making money in 2022. I also want to finish writing two scripts I have been working on.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 5
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

Hello Chingus

Thank you for tagging me @Sleepy Owl.

Thank you to all the EOs for all the events this year! :heart4:

I have really enjoyed participating in this years events, even though I could not keep up with the Christmas one. 

The only drama I am watching at the moment is The Red Sleeve Cuff - which has honesty become one of my favourite dramas of this year. I went in with hardly any expectation, but each episode for me is a master piece! I spend my time browsing twitter, IG and lurk on the Soompi drama thread just to get any bts, pictures, analysis etc. This drama has been the one thing I look forward to especially considering I really have not been in the mood to watch anything at all. 

Best Dramas this year for me: Vincenzo, The Red Sleeve Cuff, Law School

I do not have a worst drama list, because more often than not I just dropped dramas if they did not hold my attention.

This year is one that honestly want to get over and done with. It has been a year of growth and lessons hard learnt. This has probably been one of the hardest holiday seasons I have had in a very long while; however I hope that I can use this experience to have a better 2022 and I have a new perspective on my life and that of the loved ones around me.

To all you dear Chingus, wish you a Blessed Christmas (to those celebrating), safe Festive Season and amazing New Year!

Christmas Winter GIF

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

4 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I've watched around 70 dramas.

Whaaa??? I didn't know it was 70!!! :joy:

I'm amazed you can keep all of them straight in your head.

4 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I also made a new friend on this forum @the_sweetroad

:fullofhearts:Good times! :D

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

This year is one that honestly want to get over and done with. It has been a year of growth and lessons hard learnt.

I've been there, chingu. Sorry to hear it's been a hard year. It will be worth it a few years from now. :heart:

10 hours ago, gm4queen said:

My GIF banner is rocking the thread!

Yes! Good work! Loved the Advent Calendar one, too! :wub:

--

Chingus, it's been such a pleasure to meet all of you on the Forum this year. I only joined in June - just to talk about my favorite show My Mister :lol: - but as an extrovert I couldn't stay away from many of the events and other threads.

Kdramas have been a new gift in my life this past year, as I've talked about before. Seeing people who look like me onscreen in shows with amazing production values, good storylines, and actual endings has been a blessing. (Thanks to the members here, especially @africandramalover, I've only seen good shows so I have no idea what the bad ones are like :D).

In 2022 I hope My Mister can take its proper place in my life and stop being such an obsession. It would be great to see travel open back up so we can see family more easily, too.

Fun to hear everyone else's thoughts! Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and Happy New Year to all.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Happy New 2022 :heart: 

my 2021 jewels in the drama crown this year are : You are my Glory (Most beautiful wedding stage and bride & groom totally awesome..  , Believable / possible storyline, and very empowering for this day and age of space programs) With Chinese space program so much in the news this year , it just seems fitting.... loved the romance ...those pillows on the floor LOL 

2.  Falling into your Simile ..anyone that can voice/describe/ and play out our periods so convincingly gets a big credit and a spot in my crown and their romance just hit my spot. 

3. OST from Love at Night ..Go Away to be free , lets sing a song tonight ......

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

giphy.gif

hai there. thank you for tagging me. :D @Sleepy Owl chingu, thanks again for creating a platform, I especially appreciate your sincerity to connect all of us on this thread. we're here to feel it, live it, tell it. it's never easy to put my feelings into so few words. :D sending out my heartfelt holiday greetings is a wonderful way to spread Christmas cheer and remind the ones I love that I'm thinking of them, whether I'll see them this holiday or just have them in my heart during the holidays. furthermore, I can still remember sitting in front of the tv, watching The Devil Judge 2021 drama, it says good and evil don't exist. the bromance between Yo Han and Ga On was so well acted out played and captured the true essence of the drama. their bromance talking to the wall steeped in darkness meeting reminds me of the wall story which means picture at the top. I share a story, fun stuff, I've a dedicated graffiti wall in my home. :D once in a while you hear something that you just never want to forget. this is the place to write it down where you will see it often and never misplace it. the wall is called the wall but, it's actually a picture hanging on a real wall, it's a framed masterpiece. plus, the sayings are funny. it must be something someone said. something you never want to forget. it's a family wall, other's must go write the fun stuff they don't want to forget on their own walls. it's your own, meaningful, priceless, irreplaceable art and its fun to do. :D the sentiments a wall like this carry is priceless. our funny things to say wall includes some of those unforgettable moments when toddlers used new words out of context, couldn't pronounce them properly and funny comments uttered in our home, to name a few. :D all written down with a date. once each block is filled a glass cover is secured over the picture to preserve these precious moments until I start the next one. be thankful for all the sweet memories this year has offered so far. and, to all my friends, may faith and serenity descend on you. may every little thing from your wish list come true this season, warmth and love. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022. :D

Giphyyyy.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 10

Thanks Chingu @Sleepy Owl,

... and thanks to the rest of our EO's & MOD's ... I'll even throw in @Lmangla who bailed on the EO position for more nap time, yet still manages to guilt trip the current EO's into running the daily thread polls :lol:

Christmas & New Years already ... this year has flown by. 

Drama's in 2021 that stood out for me -

She Would Never Know,  Vincenzo (shout out to INZAGHIB)),  Sell Your Haunted House,  Devil Judge,  You Are My Spring,  Our Beloved Summer (watching), and lastly, I really enjoyed LOST. 

I also managed to endure a few Daily Drama's - Miss MonteCristo, Red Shoes, and Second Husband. However, thats all about the Daily Chingu's that make those threads so much fun :)

Then there's the +/- thread ... which is well .... the +/- thread :lol: 

We had several great events throughout the year, including the first Soompi Survival games - Which I feel I'd be remiss in not pointing out that @the_sweetroad WON.  Far too much has been made of poor @ferily falling out of a tree, and my own unfortunate encounter with a truck ... in the middle of the forest :rolleyes:

I had alot of fun with all of you here and I look forward to what next year will bring

To All My Soompi Chingu's - My wish to you, and yours, all the Wonder and Joy this season has to offer, and for the very best in the New Year to come!

Cozy Christmas Fireplace GIFs | Tenor

TAKE CARE & STAY SAFE

LCO

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

On 12/20/2021 at 2:16 AM, Sleepy Owl said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all forum members and their family! May this time of the year be truly blessed and enjoyable for all of you! Stay safe and happy viewing! --- @SC2019

We all wish you Merry Christmas and a very happy new year, wishing the coming year would be great for all of you. 

Thank you to @gm4queen for the event banner. :kiss_wink:

Merry Christmas from your Soompi Forum admins, moderators and Event Organizers,

@Admin, @Sunset, @ferily, @gm4queen, @Emily Bett, @SC2019, @chococarmela, @serenilmauve@partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart, @Sleepy Owl

Merry Christmas Gif 2021: Merry Christmas best animated gif greetings

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all Soompiers
including to all the fabulous and hardworking Admins, Moderators and Event Organizers !

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, ferily said:

@partyon I forgot to add for 2021, that I will never forget the moment that I joined an event for the first time, climbed a tree and fell to my death…..

Yup, it was kinda unexpected.... It happened so quickly too... :tears:

XWXT.gifu!

On a positive note, you made Soompi history, chingu!

:wow1:

I hope it won't deter you from taking part in our events in the future. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, ferily said:

@partyon I forgot to add for 2021, that I will never forget the moment that I joined an event for the first time, climbed a tree and fell to my

Thank you for the reminder. I got stabbed with a branch. How does one do that with all the twigs and leaves?

l am ready for the next event, will come out scratching black and white cat GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

in the middle of the forest

27 minutes ago, maribella said:

Thank you for the reminder. I got stabbed with a branch. How does one do that with all the twigs and leaves?

I guess it logically doesn't make sense, does it. :rubchin:

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Which I feel I'd be remiss in not pointing out that @the_sweetroad WON.

Thank you!!

:joy:

4 hours ago, ferily said:

I forgot to add for 2021, that I will never forget the moment that I joined an event for the first time, climbed a tree and fell to my death…..

I still laugh hard every time I think about it. @agenth's imagination was put to good use for the event. :lol:

It's Christmas Eve here already....have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Excited I Love U GIF by i-love-you

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

my own unfortunate encounter with a truck ... in the middle of the forest

what @LeftCoastOppa dreams about: / aka reality post-Lovestruck fandom

Jump.gif

his actual reality: / aka just a nightmare :)

spacer.png

cr. @Ameera Ali i think ?

truck of dooms defy logic/reality. the forest is pretty tame location, right? 

On 12/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, africandramalover said:

My favourite scene remains the hand grab between Suzy Choi and Seo Hyun in MINE. I am still mad that I didn't get a kiss between the two!:tears:

that's my favourite part too. i wish they'd have cut screentime for the master/maid storyline to develop this one more..

/edit

@Sleepy Owl kindly pointed out that I need to account for alternate reality

Edited by agenth
alternate reality
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1