Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Guest siknamja

I know this has nothing to do with SIK, but I'm so ready to go back to Korea. Well, I guess it is some what related to our Namja. Because of him, I appreciate the culture so much more and I want to see him again too. Hopefully next year.

Gabi, you're good. Now I remember @xiaomeihuili had translated the meaning of this song, so I did the search and found it.

I tried different songs from KOTW album but only found "The Throne" best fits the cartoon theme.

xiaomeihuili wrote on 08 September 2011 - 06:39 PM: Hi gabisikfan!
Is this the one you want to know?

Muhyul OST 15 - The Throne - Jeong Pyo  
「황조가」/「黄鳥歌」(The Song of Yellow Bird)

훨훨 나는 저 꾀꼬리 암수서로 정다운데
hwolhwol naneun jeo kkoekkoli amsuseolo jeongdaunde
외로울 사 이내 작은 몸은 뉘와 함께 갈꺼나
oeloul sa inae jag-eun mom-eun nwiwa hamkke galkkeona
훨훨 나는 저 꾀꼬리 암수서로 정다운데
hwolhwol naneun jeo kkoekkoli amsuseolo jeongdaunde
외로울 사 이내 작은 몸은 뉘와 함께 갈꺼나
외로울 사 이내 작은 몸은 뉘와 함께 갈꺼나

According to the legend, this verse was made by King Yuri.
It is one of the oldest poem of ancient Korea.

The meaning is

翩翩黄鳥  Happily flying yellow birds
雌雄相依  Snuggling to each other as a pair
念我之独  When I reflect on myself, I am alone
誰其與帰  With whom I would back to my nest?

The  yellow bird 환조 aka 꾀꼬리 is "Chinese oriole"
250px-Oriolus_chinensis.jpg

I hope this will be your song. :wub:

Guest youaremine

" 翩翩黄鳥  Happily flying yellow birds
  雌雄相依  Snuggling to each other as a pair
  念我之独  When I reflect on myself, I am alone
  誰其與帰  With whom I would back to my nest?"

a sad reflection...

Hi again!
King Yuri composed the poem when one of the two concubines (Chinese sisters) left him and turned back to Han (China). Despite the Yuri character in Jumong drama, I'm sure real prince Yuri had an easy life in Buyeo. Real Yuri - before going to Goguryeo - learned poetry and hunting at King Geumwa's (than Daeso's) court. He's quite a character, something very special for a true writer / screenwriter. I hope some Korean writer developed / decrypted his character in a historical novel.
Dear Kona, I remember when Huili gave me the lirics, I was desperate to find them 'cause I used the song in my clip for SIK's 40th BD and I was not sure if the song was proper or not. I love this song: it's the most beautiful song in KOTW (personal taste :)  ) I thank a lot Huili for it! <3
Here is the clip:

Love you all, SIKers!

Guest danasibro

Very nice slideshow dear Kona and very nice video dear Gabi thank you. Tank you dear h20g for your mesage, you are awersome.

Thank you dear Kona Beans, h2og, alex 1999, Sig Hadise, Charmy, Gabi, Ardently, erynnys . I could not answer to your nice mesages for someone dear to me, my godmother and my best friend died suddenly and really I did not want you to be sad so I will not continue with other issues that have arisendear to me this days...also a lot of work.

1AZd3-14H.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

I did not change my name or avatar dear ardent if some of SIKers do not like my poems, artworks, videos I am sure this is not bechause of my name...

1AZd3-14I.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

Thank you dear Celia, dana m, elisabeta, ileanz, siknamija, yuaremine for sharing.Love you all!

1AZd3-14K.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

1AZd3-14L.gif?height=400&scale=max&width

http://youtu.be/ZMZrWx_P3ko

Nice Video. GABI.  I love the praises that go with it.  Thank you.

No doubt, SIK has captivated the hearts of many.  His gentle soul, kind heart and unconditional love to his fans are characteristics, not present to everyone.  Rarely do we see a celebrity who is so humble and down to earth, no star attitude, just plain Song Il Kook.  To his fans, he seems to be an ordinary man, reachable and touchable.  Once you know him, it will not be easy to get over with the feelings of love and admiration.  He's incredible.

DANA, nice video, too.  Thanks.

KONA, the pictures of King Daemusin make me want to watch Kingdom of the Winds again.  This is his least historical drama that I've watched.  Maybe just two times. 

Hi dear SIKers,

The Kindom of the wind ost"Throne" always melt down my heart,ahh... thanks for sharing,I'd like to watch again this drama one more time ,I  think i've watched it 7 or 8 times,But still need to see SIK as Muhyool again!

I really love rurie's cartoon too,they are absolutely wonderful.

Have a great weekend !

danasibro said:

Very nice slideshow dear Kona and very nice video dear Gabi thank you. Tank you dear h20g for your mesage, you are awersome.

Thank you dear Kona Beans, h2og, alex 1999, Sig Hadise, Charmy, Gabi, Ardently, erynnys . I could not answer to your nice mesages for someone dear to me, my godmother and my best friend died suddenly and really I did not want you to be sad so I will not continue with other issues that have arisendear to me this days...also a lot of work.

I did not change my name or avatar dear ardent if some of SIKers do not like my poems, artworks, videos I am sure this is not bechause of my name...

Thank you dear Celia, dana m, elisabeta, ileanz, siknamija, yuaremine for sharing.Love you all!

Cheers, DANA.  You'll get over with all your sadness.  Just think of SIK. 

Regarding changing avatar and/or username, many of us here do that.  I change my avatar once in a while.  My username before was plain "ardent" until my account was suspended for one month and I was not able to log on as ardent, since then.  With the help of Kona, Soompi admin allowed me to change my username by creating another account.  Only, the number of posts that I accumulated before were deleted.  I started back to post number one.  If they did not delete them, I should have reached more than a thousand posts now.  However, I chose "ardently" as my new username so my soompi friends would still recognize me.

I'm in episode 53 of Jumong now.  After this, I'm planning to rewatch Kingdom of the Winds.  Alternately, I also watch Album of Life.

Dear all SIKers, another week has passed and we are reaching the end of 2012. Hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready for the holiday season. 
Dear Dana, sorry to hear about your godmother and best friend. Please stay strong. You can find joy and friendship from this forum. Many friends here are on your side. Thank you for your awesome artworks and clip as always.
Dear Kona, Thank you for the photos of snow in Seoul. I can feel so cold just from looking at them. I hope I will survive there. The cartoons of KoTW is so cute. Thank you for sharing. 
Dear ardent. we will never get ti'red of Jumong and you've made me want to rewatch KoTW. Now I'm hooked with A Gentleman's Dignity. It is quite funny. Seeing them in their 40's no one looks so young like our prince. ^_^
Dear Gabi, thank you for KoTW screencaps. It's one of my fav dramas. I really love Muhyul's role. And wow, his legs. I nearly fainted. They are so strong. Great shot!!! Your video is so awesome as well. Many talented fans here.
Dear paul, welcome to this forum. Always glad to see new fan joining.
High waves to all SIKers. I love you all.    

A poem  from the comic Kingdom of the Winds by Kimjin, volume 2.
It's so touching =(( .

I believe the scene where Muhyul wakes up from the nightmare in the military camp was made from this poem.

6852972830_a520a33d5d_o.jpg Speak, Moon, Speak Where has my beloved gone?
Where has my beloved, With her sweet eyes, gone?
On nights where sleep is fleeting, As dawn gently stirs,
I wake up from my broken sleep And turn around, The heavy fog has settled A tired and sad face That has slept drifts away without Even the sound of a breath
Without a trace
Only leaving a pool of tears Where it had once lain...
My tragic love My beloved Whom I wait for, day after day, In my broken sleep
Speak, Moon, Speak Where has my beloved gone?
My beloved who has only left A pool of tears upon the pillow case, And left in a dream
Find my beloved.

Kingdom of the Wind fever is back !!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear @danasibro,

I'm so sorry for your lost.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hi SIKers,
Just want to say hello to all especially Danasibro....
@alex1999 - I hope you are checking the weather in Seoul... 

It's 

12°F early in the morning. Brace yourself for the cold weather...

Best Regards,h2og

Dear Dana,
 This is for your godmother and your best friend....
Photobucket

My deepest sympathies,h2og