Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Guest erica1064

i uploaded an old episode of 'ya shim man man' featuring song il-guk and son ye-jin. soon after they made the film together.

sbs1yashimanmanep142051ef5.jpgsbs1yashimanmanep142051dm0.jpg

sbs1yashimanmanep142051ox4.jpgsbs1yashimanmanep142051zh1.jpg

File Name: [sBS][1].Yashimanman.EP142.051219.asf

Size: 136MB | Description: yashimmanman ep.142 (05-12-19)

Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x97bxh

he has a very heartly laugh.

I finally had a chance to watch this. Its so nice to see and hear SIG laugh. Whenever I see behind the scenes clips he always seems so intense and serious - this was nice. Even though I can't understand what is being said.

And why are they blowing air in SIGs face???

Guest suejinners

I finally had a chance to watch this. Its so nice to see and hear SIG laugh. Whenever I see behind the scenes clips he always seems so intense and serious - this was nice. Even though I can't understand what is being said.

And why are they blowing air in SIGs face???

Heres the summary of the show. ^___^

:¦: Summary

Yashimmanman is one of the most amazing, hilarious, and amusing talk show aired on Mondays at 23:05hrs (Korean time). Netizens have the opportunity to vote on-line, prior to episodes being taped, what questions they would like answered. The guests are then required to guess what the most likely answer is to given questions. If their answer is not in the top 5 most common answers, then they get blown in the face. The air is so strong you can compare it with bungee jump from an airplane. You get to see the most hilarious facials of celebrities you've never seen before. If their answer is within the top 5 most popular answers, then they're safe.

The 'success ingredient' of this show is... that it reveals a lot of a celebrities' personality

bcf6bbf3bdbac5b0ip7.jpg

11or0.jpg

b9ccc4a1b0dab4e7fb5.jpg

during bodyguard

0___0 he looks so doll~ish~

003826172bp6.jpg

JUMONG<3<3

ju1on9.jpg

ju2oh4.jpg

Guest aidahlr

yeah thx for all the pictures.. i hope to see song il-guk's butt sometime.. in a film or something.. :wub:

(oh don't think i'm twisted.. you know you want to too. hahaha)

:D:D not really twisted, after reading what you wrote, I can't get that idea out of mind as well --- (btw, dramaok my most deepest thanks for the summaries you've provided in the Jumong thread )

gave 200 bottles of wine away to the cast and crew of 'jumong' for new year's.

song has a reputation of being super quiet and reserved on the set,

but he showed his respect and love for the 'jumong' family by hand-writting the greeting cards for each person who got the wine.

does SIK has any faults? :w00t: handwritten notes for 200 is really something !!!

suejinners, I also lost sleep after watching that hypnotic "dance" -- up to now, it's still replaying in mind...

speaking of stalkerish, just read in the Jumong thread that the cast of 150 is visiting Cebu for a vacation --- waaaaaaaah! I'm a few islands away and due to go there late March -- I've been struggling for an hour now -- it 1:45 am and its taking all my remaining willpower not to book online and skip work on the off chance I can meet SIK ... do you think watching SIK as a bad guy will help "mellow" me down a bit????

:blink: doubt it, no?

wow SIK is such a great actor!!! The first time I saw him in a movie was the Art of Seduction and currently I'm watching Jumong and he is great

Guest dramaok

do you think watching SIK as a bad guy will help "mellow" me down a bit????

:blink: doubt it, no?

actually he's hotter as a bad guy.. so sexy..

yeah he's got no fault. okay maybe one.. i think his feet are on the small side.. :unsure:

-------

oh i wanted to talk about his name.. not sure if you already know why he is named song il-guk.

but he was born on october 1st. and october 1st is korea's national military day.

so he was named 일 (il) for 'one/1st' and 국 (gook) for 'nation'. his name literally means: one nation. or nation's first.

i think he should run for presidency. :rolleyes:

46db7.jpg44vd3.jpg45bh0.jpg

credit: http://pie.daum.net/p497650

Guest erica1064

yeah he's got no fault. okay maybe one.. i think his feet are on the small side.. :unsure:

-------

oh i wanted to talk about his name.. not sure if you already know why he is named song il-guk.

but he was born on october 1st. and october 1st is korea's national military day.

so he was named 일 (il) for 'one/1st' and 국 (gook) for 'nation'. his name literally means: one nation. or nation's first.

i think he should run for presidency. :rolleyes:

credit: http://pie.daum.net/p497650

Yeah aidahlr, SIG is hotter when he's bad. If you haven't seen Emperor of the Sea, you need to. It's the role I first saw him in and I was unable to tear myself away. I can't say enough about his brooding eyes, the pain behind them, how you can see he's a tortured character, trying to gain the acceptance of his master but wanting to do the right thing with Jang Bogo. SIG brings all that to the character of Yeom Moon and its hot.

dramaok - I was trying to figure out what his name meant. I just didnt' want to ask because I thought it would betray my level of obsession. :blush: I saw that gook meant nation and I didn't realize il meant "one" - but I should have. I think given his family background and then his name - no wonder he has a deep sense of nationality and culture. Is "Song" just a last name, or does it mean something as well?

I want someone to go to the Phillipines and get me an autographed photo. *Sigh* What am I saying? I want someone to go to the Phillipines and bring me back SIG.

Guest aidahlr

-------

i think he should run for presidency.

So basically there is no hope for me -- I must learn to live the rest of my life as an utterly obsessed SIG fan...

I first saw SIG in "Art of Seduction", was about to start watching "Emperor of the Sea" but got then I started watching "Jumong" . In almost all articles I've read, there were actually all praises about his acting in "Emperor of the Sea" and even overshadowed the lead role. I saw a collection of clips of all his TV series (via his official site), there was this one scene were he was having an argument with a girl -- I cannot believe that I wouldn't mind to be in that girl's shoes -- hahahah (geez, there aren't feminist police here in soompi right?)

dramaok read your earlier post that although the Jumong producers were willing to double SIG compensation, he declined and instead wanted to use the additional budget for the set & crew --- awwwws, that is another SOMETHING!

You know, almost everyday I am finding myself more and more curious about who he really is behind the screen. Specially after reading about the article re his mother supporting a political candidate and finding a 2004(?) article about him rubbing shoulders with Ambassadors during the independence celebration of Finland (i think). IMHO, I don't think any actor would be attending such functions unless he has some connections of sort. I actually scoured the Net in the hopes of knowing more about his mom, his grand dad and his great grand dad (and in the process learned a lot about Korean history and its relationship with Japan, even looked up Encyclopedias, ---) His family tree is really impressive, and it made me wonder how it could have influenced or affected him. I mean, doesn't it put too much pressure to live under the shadow of your ancestors??? No information though about his father, is he also involved in the entertainment business?

So learning just now that his name actually means "One Nation" -- (hmmm, honestly I thought somethow its connected to the word 'gentle" -- because that is how this website calls him http://www.barunsonenter.com/gentle%2Dsong/index.asp ) hehehe, i"m really struggling to learn Hanggul whew, additional pressure? For one thing though, his portrayal of Jumong has a great influence on how non-Koreans like me will associate Goguryeo in history -- it's definitely Korean (the debate on this topic was really intense in wikipedia!) plus knowing that it forms part of North Korea sort of makes me want to conclude that it can somehow influence thinking on finally uniting the north & south. Plus, plus, SIG being active in triathlon could also assist in the unification --- isn't it that the two countries would participate as one during Olympics. Hmmm, makes me curious though how receptive Japanese audience are to him since his ancestors were really radical nationalists right?

It's killing me because he is so mysterious!!! Now should we really further investigate the issue about shoe size ???? :D

Yeah aidahlr, SIG is hotter when he's bad...

dramaok - I was trying to figure out what his name meant. I just didnt' want to ask because I thought it would betray my level of obsession. :blush:

I want someone to go to the Phillipines and get me an autographed photo. *Sigh* What am I saying? I want someone to go to the Phillipines and bring me back SIG.

Hi erica1064 from my post above, you can see that given an obsession level of 1 to 10, 10 the highest, am getting scared because mine is now at 12 and seemingly increasing every second hahahah... actually I am in the Philippines, so you can imagine my frustration level -- near yet still far and specially after realizing that I have work commitments on that date... am convincing myself that it is much important for him to rest & enjoy this time as a vacation :rolleyes:

Guest erica1064

Hi erica1064 from my post above, you can see that given an obsession level of 1 to 10, 10 the highest, am getting scared because mine is now at 12 and seemingly increasing every second hahahah... actually I am in the Philippines, so you can imagine my frustration level -- near yet still far and specially after realizing that I have work commitments on that date... am convincing myself that it is much important for him to rest & enjoy this time as a vacation :rolleyes:

Hi aidahlr! I seriously thought I was the only one who wanted to learn hangul so I could know what was going on without relying on an English translation of everything. It's going very very slowly, in fact, I think I may need to just take classes!

I'm in the same boat as you, watching SIG and wondering what he is like as a private person. His speech when he accepted the best actor award in December - he talked about people getting to know and understand the true history of Korea - and considering his mom and his heritage, I think he is very politically connected. On the other hand, I think he's an artist. He's sensitive and seems to feel things very deeply so I don't see him becoming actively involved in politics himself, but not shying away from helping to promote a cause he believes in.

But what do I know? I'm in the States and know very little about the politics of N and S Korea - though I'm learning. I imagine that brings SIG some pride - that his performance and the power of his charisma have moved people to want to learn about his country and its history.

By the way, you really have to watch Emperor of the Sea. He's incredible. I liked the actor who played Jang Bogo, but SIG was more compelling. Loved the character - he was bad, but he was good. BTW - you won't like the ending at all. Don't let it stop you. :)

Now about his feet...I'll have to focus on them more...

After watching him in Emperor of the Sea, it's now official (to me) that Korean IS THE Romantic Language of Asia....

How can you not be convinced after hearing Yum Moon uttering those heartfelt lines to Lady Jung Hwa... and it helps too that Yum Moon is one heck of a good looking tall guy with such irresistible pouty lips... I'd be like "Jang Bo Go.. Who?" :blush:

Can some one give me a re-cap of this thing about his family background? Thanks.

Guest dramaok

basically, song il-guk's mother kim eul-dong is an actress but since 1995, she has been running and holding some political positions, such as city council and such. i think in 2004 she ran for a national position but didn't win. her father was kim du-han, who was korean's most famous gangster-turned-national hero, and his father was kim jwa jin, a famous general who is considered one of korea's top revolutionists against slavery and supporter of nationalism. he was assassinated at a pretty young age. you can google them and you'll find out about them. but most koreans study about them in school. song's maternal family is recognized in korea as a family who has contributed greatly to korea and made many sacrifices for korea in the cause for korea's independence and freedom.

41f9c894e0c67ve4.jpg

song il-guk's mother kim eul-dong in the middle, with song il-guk's grandpa kim du-han.

20061226154957197127392kh8.jpg

general kim jwa jin

337484jk2.jpg

untitledtf1.png

kim jwa jin memorial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Du-han

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jwa-Jin

http://kimjwajin.org/

as for song il-guk's father, he is not in the entertainment business. as i know he is a retired businessman.

some ppl in naver said he keeps a low profile because his family objected greatly to him marrying kim du-han's daughter. i don't know how true it is.

Guest MRS.le

oh...Wow... Thanks Dramaok for the re-cap, and the pictures, too.

Gash, I guess we can say that we now know where SIK inherited that 'warrior' spirit which is expressed in his very majestic frame of body.

Can't help but mesmerized by the way he carries himself in historical costumes. (ironically, I think he looks a little less head-turning in modern clothing :ph34r: )

Guest gem18

he looks magnificent wearing those costumes...

anyway, i like his mesmerizing eyes, pouting and kissable lips, clear skin, shape

of his face (he got good bone structure), height, athletic body.... an adonis of modern times... i like the way he

dresses-up, his style of clothing..... hahaha... well everything about him...

added attraction, he looks mysterious which makes him a very interesting guy...

Guest aidahlr

After watching him in Emperor of the Sea, it's now official (to me) that Korean IS THE Romantic Language of Asia....

Hi MRS.le :) although I am an Asian, I have to agree that when a Korean, specially if its SIG then any Korean word sounds so romantic! :rolleyes: I don't know, I guess something about the language makes their voices sound deeper -- but based on a handful of Korean guys I've heard, their voice change when they speak English -- which makes me very, very curious to hear SIG speak English ... any links?

Guest aidahlr

Hi aidahlr! I seriously thought I was the only one who wanted to learn hangul so I could know what was going on without relying on an English translation of everything. It's going very very slowly, in fact, I think I may need to just take classes!

You are not alone erica1064 :lol: there's a legion of us who feel that way, and I know people who really took formal classes just so she/they can become part of the official Korean fansites. Good thing SIG's has a smattering of English words enough to help us navigate around

... I think he's an artist. He's sensitive and seems to feel things very deeply so I don't see him becoming actively involved in politics himself, but not shying away from helping to promote a cause he believes in.

I also hope he doesn't get involved in politics... at this time, him being an artist gives more opportunity & venue for him to really promote good causes and reach a far greater number of audience. He'll need to carefully choose his projects though. I wonder what will be his next project after Jumong???

By the way, you really have to watch Emperor of the Sea

Yes, I definitely will, I already have a complete copy of the series, but am trying to "manage" myself (if you know what I mean) so I can still function normally :w00t:

Now about his feet...I'll have to focus on them more...

:D:D:D

Guest MRS.le

Hi Aidahlr,

Yea, Anything Yum Moon uttered to Lady Jung Hwa was nothing less of Romance... for me, the lines were excellently written (based on what I read in the English sub)..and excellently SPOKEN and emotionally delivered by a fine fine man... *melt* :sweatingbullets:

They're not the common cheesy lines guys say to girls... it's totally heartfelt and it's has such complexity that you can understand at once and go "gah gah" over it but these lines aren't too easy to remember.

For me, those are the stuffs that make up the Romantic Language... Yea, I'm Asian, too... but gotta hand it over to the Korean script writers (or maybe to the English translator) and definitely gotta give it a standing ovation to Mr. Song Il Kook. *clap*

Probably because of the way I fell for those lines and for the sexy pirate Moon, that I somehow see it in Lady Jung Hwa's eyes that screams "oh, dang, if it wasn't for the damn script, I'll run off with you NOW.." hahaha :lol:

I don't care for Captain Jack Sparrow...I want Pirate Yum Moon... :w00t:

Guest aoiyuki291

I don't care for Captain Jack Sparrow...I want Pirate Yum Moon... :w00t:

I agree!!! :w00t: Jack Sparrow may be funny but he's always drunk... and rather unpredictable. You never know when he's being sincere.

I was wondering about a few things:

-SIG really wears glasses?

-Does he smoke? (It might not make sense since he's so athletic. But a lot of Korean celebrities smoke and it seems he was just so natural with a cigarette in Art of Seduction, which might have just been acting but I still want to know.)

-Can he speak English? (I vaguely recall him speaking a couple lines of English in Terms of Endearment when his character was drunk and came home to Han Ga In with another woman. His English was definitely a lot better than other Korean actors.)

Also, I'm afraid to ask, but is he a mama's boy? He's cool either way but it just seems he's so obedient to his mom at times... But I still like him either way... :blush:

Guest dramaok

I agree!!! :w00t: Jack Sparrow may be funny but he's always drunk... and rather unpredictable. You never know when he's being sincere.

I was wondering about a few things:

-SIG really wears glasses?

-Does he smoke? (It might not make sense since he's so athletic. But a lot of Korean celebrities smoke and it seems he was just so natural with a cigarette in Art of Seduction, which might have just been acting but I still want to know.)

-Can he speak English? (I vaguely recall him speaking a couple lines of English in Terms of Endearment when his character was drunk and came home to Han Ga In with another woman. His English was definitely a lot better than other Korean actors.)

Also, I'm afraid to ask, but is he a mama's boy? He's cool either way but it just seems he's so obedient to his mom at times... But I still like him either way... :blush:

- yup he really wears glasses. he is near-sighted.

- he doesn't smoke. he is a very health-conscious person. he doesn't eat bread, icecream, and almost no meat. a very disciplined man.

- i don't thnk his english is too good. he can probably read and write well but i heard him in one segment in a news report and i had to read the korean subtitles.

- not sure if he's a mama's boy, but more likely he is dramaok's big boy.

Guest erica1064

- yup he really wears glasses. he is near-sighted.

- he doesn't smoke. he is a very health-conscious person. he doesn't eat bread, icecream, and almost no meat. a very disciplined man.

- i don't thnk his english is too good. he can probably read and write well but i heard him in one segment in a news report and i had to read the korean subtitles.

- not sure if he's a mama's boy, but more likely he is dramaok's big boy.

- I'm near sighted too! Will the coincidences never end?

- I don't smoke or eat ice cream! Hurray! Oh, but I do eat bread and meat. Yes, the coincidences do end. :( I thought he seemed a little awkward with the cigarette in Art of Seduction. But his voice, when he moves in and is flirty....oh my. Very nice. :blush:

- Yeah, I don't know about mama's boy either - I think he's just a very good son.

- dramaok's big boy - LOL!

He does have small feet. I've been looking. And then I wonder if SIG ever logs in and reads this stuff - he must get a little creeped out by the fact that I'm looking at his feet and feel a need to comment on them.

Anyone know why he wasn't able to make the awards ceremony the other day - for best actor? Where his Mom picked up the award for him? I had looked forward to seeing him accept the award.

I will also admit to absolutely HATING Jung Hwa in EotS because of her staunch rejection of Yeom Moon. I wanted to tear her eyes out. Cow.

^ thanks dramok for all the info about SIK..now I know about the real meaning of his name...whew! and he really has a nice decent family and a nationalistic one as such...and yeah a really disciplined man as well...the woman he will marry in the future is very lucky...^ ^

aidahlr...I wanna stalk him as well as I'm a few islands away like you do but I guess local media in the Philippines will not mention about the Jumong cast vacation (still hoping here) since they are on a vacation but I really wanna see SIK badly :wub: :wub: