Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

46d7af512c04468583a0cb24e9847e17.jpeg?s=

Song Il Gook Talks About Spending A Year In France With His Family

Song Il Gook talked about his family life and how their year in France has affected his acting on stage.

The actor has returned to reprise his role in a Seoul production of the play “God of Carnage,” which he first performed in 2017. At a recent press call for the show, Song Il Gook said, “As an actor, it’s hard to be in this kind of project twice in your life. That’s why I’m so happy when rehearsing and when we’re on stage.”

After the 2017 run of the show, Song Il Gook spent a year in France with his family, including his wife who is a judge and his triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse.

“As soon as the show finished in 2017, I followed my wife on an overseas study trip, and we spent a little over a year there,” he said. “We were in Paris, France, and there were a lot of things that I felt while spending 24 hours a day with my wife and kids for a year. There were a lot of hard moments and happy moments, but when I returned to this play, it felt different. I really related with the moments when I’m arguing with my wife in the play. It didn’t hit home before, but that time has helped me as I interpret the play.”

He made others laugh when he continued jokingly, “As we live as a married couple, I think of losing to my wife as winning, so I’m always losing. Even if there’s something to get angry about at home, we suppress it. Since we respect each other, we don’t yell. So while I’ve been doing this play, I’ve been letting out some of the things that have built up. I think maybe the audience will also find it refreshing. I feel unburdened, and I think the audience will feel that too.”

Song Il Gook added, “A year-long hiatus could be a negative thing, but the time that I spent with my family is working positively.”

The actor and his triplets starred in KBS’s “The Return of Superman” from July 2014 to February 2016, turning the boys into beloved household names. Song Il Gook has continued to update fans on their lives and adventures through Instagram.

source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** They're still so adorable even they're big now. I wonder if they could appear in a show again in the future. :P

Song Il Gook Shows Sweet Gifts From Triplets For Parents’ Day

43d1238719cc4fb9a5dcc97e20369b0a.jpeg?s=

Actor Song Il Gook shared photos of the cute cards the triplets made for their parents!

May 8 was Parents’ Day in South Korea, and Daehan, Minguk, and Manse presented their parents with cards for the occasion. They are complete with carnations on the front, which are given by children to parents to celebrate the special day.

Song Il Gook wrote in the caption “Parents’ Day. Thank you for growing up healthy, Daehan, Minguk, Manse!”

On the first card, one of the boys has colored in a smiling boy with the text written on it, “I love you. Thank you.” The second card includes a letter from one of the triplets to their parents, in which says he’s very grateful to them for giving birth to them, putting them to bed, and raising them. “It’s thanks to mom and dad that we have grown big,” he wrote.

Manse wrote, “Thank you mom and dad for raising me. I love you. From, Song Manse.”

Song Il Gook and his three sons starred on KBS’s “The Return of Superman” from July 2014 to February 2016, turning the boys into beloved household names. Fans have continued to get updates on their lives through Song Il Gook’s Instagram.

credit : soompi news

• 4 months later...

*** Ahhh.............the triplets have grown so much.....I miss them a lot as little kids. I'm glad to see them grow up  & still adorable. :P

Song Triplets Get Their Creative Juices Flowing In Fun Update From Song Il Gook

a432e4209fc94b6c9a1ceca2d335f3d1.jpeg?s=

Song Il Gook has shared a fun update from the Song triplets, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse!

On October 9, Song Il Gook shared a series of photos with the caption, “In the morning, they brought these to me saying they’d written their own books.”

Each of the stapled set of pages reflected the boys’ individual personalities. Oldest triplet Daehan made a book about the periodic table of elements, showing a page that described oxygen. Minguk wrote a script titled “The man called a god, the resurrection of the dark phoenix.” Meanwhile, Manse wrote a book titled, “There are books that don’t have the Korean alphabet in them.”

Song Il Gook added, “As it’s Hangul (Korean Alphabet) Day, I had a good laugh about Manse’s book.”

The Song triplets received a lot of love through their appearance on KBS’s “The Return of Superman.” Since leaving the show in 2016, Song Il Gook has been sharing moments from their lives on his personal Instagram account.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 3 weeks later...

It's really nice to see the kids growing and I'm sure SIG is extremely happy as a father but I have a feeling that he gave up his acting career after he had the triplets. Which is very sad for me as a fan who "found" him last December. I'm afraid we won't see his new production, ever. Maybe he will do smth on the stage, but not for TV or cinema. Really sad because he really is talented actor with great potencial. 

*** It's good to see them again after a long time. They still look adorable even though they're so big now. They have all grown up- how time flies! :P

Song Triplets Suit Up To Support Song Il Gook As He Becomes Honorary Ambassador For ChildFund Korea

a391ea7527fd4157a51fa13271e8a49d.jpeg?s=

Song Il Gook shared a sweet photo of his sons dressing up to show him their support!

On October 25, C-JeS Entertainment’s official Instagram shared photos of the father and sons together. It came with the caption, “Song Il Gook, the guardian angel of children, becomes an honorary ambassador for ChildFund Korea! It’s an honor to be a part of such meaningful work. We will continue to work hard to help create a happy world for children.”

The event took place on October 24, and Song Il Gook received a plaque to celebrate his appointment as an honorary ambassador for the organization, which seeks to provide a safer life to children around the world. Daehan, Minguk, and Manse were all there, dressed in suits that looked identical to their father’s and wearing bowties, to show their support.

The Song triplets appeared on KBS’s “The Return of Superman” and received a lot of love. Since leaving the show in 2016, Song Il Gook has been sharing moments from their lives and how much they’ve grown since then.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, yvonneallen said:

How do you post pictures now?

Hi yvonneallenjust copy the upload image & paste it here in the reply box - then Click submit reply to finish - as simple as that. You may try it. In case, it won't work, right click the image then click "view the image info" / copy the location (Your picture must end in gif or jpg or png), then open the "insert other media (you could see that below the reply box then choose "insert image from URL" paste it there then click "insert into post" or there are times that after pasting the image the picture is shown right away. I hope I made this clear for you – :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 4:15 AM, willenette said:

Hi yvonneallenjust copy the upload image & paste it here in the reply box - then Click submit reply to finish - as simple as that. You may try it. In case, it won't work, right click the image then click "view the image info" / copy the location (Your picture must end in gif or jpg or png), then open the "insert other media (you could see that below the reply box then choose "insert image from URL" paste it there then click "insert into post" or there are times that after pasting the image the picture is shown right away. I hope I made this clear for you – :lol:

thank you so much!

• Like 1