Quantcast
KonaBeans

Song Il Kook 송일국

So glad to see that this thread is still alive.  Thanks to my soompi friends for posting SIK news and pictures.  We all miss him for sure.  I took a month vacation to the Philippines and was planning to visit South Korea next year.  Maybe Sik's family is back by then.  I really want to see him there.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ardently said:

So glad to see that this thread is still alive.  Thanks to my soompi friends for posting SIK news and pictures.  We all miss him for sure.  I took a month vacation to the Philippines and was planning to visit South Korea next year.  Maybe Sik's family is back by then.  I really want to see him there.

I'm still here, dear Ardent!  :-) 

• Like 4

I’m still here too, Ardent.

Thank you Chell for the latest photos.  Good to see him looking so well.

BTW, gabisikfan, I don’t know of any of his fans in Hawaii who are in danger from the ongoing  volcano eruption taking place on the island of Hawaii.   Most of us live on the more populated islands of Oahu and Maui. Thank you for your concern and best wishes. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, metaltiger said:

I’m still here too, Ardent.

Thank you Chell for the latest photos.  Good to see him looking so well.

BTW, gabisikfan, I don’t know of any of his fans in Hawaii who are in danger from the ongoing  volcano eruption taking place on the island of Hawaii.   Most of us live on the more populated islands of Oahu and Maui. Thank you for your concern and best wishes. 

Hi metaltiger,  I hope you & others who are there in Hawaii are doing fine. Please note that volcano activity is unpredictable and can change at any time. :lol:

• Like 2

*** So, they're 7-years old in Lunar calendar. Rather than calculating age based on the actual, physical number of days, months, and years that have passed since the moment of one’s birth, South Korea uses the lunar calendar to determine age, and this somehow manages to add from 1 to 2 years on to someone’s physical age. How does this work? When you are born, you are immediately considered to be one year old — and so the moment you pop out of the womb, despite being only seconds-to-minutes old, you’re already celebrating your literal first birthday.) In Korea, a newborn baby is considered one year’s old at birth because the nine months of pregnancy count as part of the child’s first year of life. Koreans also experience a collective birthday every Lunar New Year as their Korean age counts the number of years they’ve been alive during as opposed to the length of time you’ve been alive for. Your actual birthday may not be until December, but you will still age up as soon as the Lunar New Year arrives since Korean age can add one to two years to your international age. :P They grow old now but still CUTE.  I wonder what project is he filming right now, though.

Song Il Gook Shares Adorable Photo Of His Triplets As Minions

Song-Triplets.jpg

On July 6, actor Song Il Gook uploaded a photo of his triplets, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse, on Instagram.

In the picture, the triplets are dressed like Minions and the photo itself looks like a movie poster. Song Il Gook also included the caption, “Minion triplets! I used a little bit of Photoshop after a while~hehehe.”

Daehan, Minguk, and Mansae were born on March 16, 2012, making them six years old in Western age. Song Il Gook is currently filming a new project.

Check out the cute photo below!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

No project, no details, Ardently. It seems that other than some commercials and preparing himself for the upcoming FM/BD party on Jeju Island he is not doing much these days.  

On 7/9/2018 at 1:11 AM, celiap said:

No project, no details, Ardently. It seems that other than some commercials and preparing himself for the upcoming FM/BD party on Jeju Island he is not doing much these days.  

Hi celiap, thanks for this. Hmmm........I wonder when is this FM, huh? :o

Willenette,  The FM will take place in September (September 15th ~ September 16th  - 2 days 1 night) and is meant to celebrate Mr. Song Il-Kook’s  20 years of acting. All details are given in on page “Foreigner” on GeNtLe website:   http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook/Yd1

21 hours ago, celiap said:

Willenette,  The FM will take place in September (September 15th ~ September 16th  - 2 days 1 night) and is meant to celebrate Mr. Song Il-Kook’s  20 years of acting. All details are given in on page “Foreigner” on GeNtLe website:   http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook/Yd1

Hi celiap, thanks for the reply & the link. How I missed SIG on my small screen. I hope we still could get to see him return to the dramaland. His fans are so lucky that they will have a chance to see him up close & maybe personal during this FM. I already smell SO MUCH FUN here.  This will be a VERY interesting FM. Going to a fan meeting for the opportunity to meet your favorite bias face-to-face is every fan's dream. Much more that K-Pop fan meeting are taken at another level in Korea. FM is fun-filled games & surprises. I love FMs. NICE...........there's something to look forward to about him soon. :lol:

• Like 2

Hello Ladies:

Well like the rest of you, I too am tired of waiting for our man SIK to do another Drama. But, I don't think it will happen soon and at my age , probably never. So I did the next  best thing, I watched Jumong for the 12th time. Gosh he is such a great actor and It's kind of sad that he  has chosen not to do anything in all these years after such a successful career as an actor  .Anyway, he will always be "The Korean John Wayne- Never Makes a Bad Drama".So up next is "Kingdom of the Wind".

• Like 3

On 8/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, Chellsee said:

I see you.... :wub:

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing this picture. They're boys now! And look how tall they are now. I wonder who's with them....Who's this woman, why the face is covered? :lol:I'm happy that we still get to read news & see the pictures of them from time to time. 

The Song Triplets Left “The Return of Superman” Two Years Ago, Here’s What They Look Like Now

The Song triplets have grown up so much!

Since the DaehanMinguk, and Manse bid The Return of Superman goodbye in February 2016, everyone has deeply missed them. While they may have left the show, Song Il Kook has made sure to post lots of pictures of the triplets and shocked fans with how fast they are growing up!

The first pictures that really caught the attention of fans were those he posted 10 months after the triplets left.

Fans were surprised by all the grown-up activities the boys were doing like making kimchi and picking cabbage.

Spoiler

They also couldn’t believe how big the boys were getting!

Since those pictures, the boys have only continued to grow!

Not only are they a lot bigger, they also took their first selfie!

The triplets have also grown into kind young men. For the Lunar New Year, they sent out a heartfelt message.

They looked liked mini-adults when they took the subway!

While out celebrating Children’s Day, they posed by a bed of Tulips in the Netherlands.

source : koreaboo

Spoiler

• Like 1

August 15, 2018

Korean stars celebrate Liberation Day

South Korean celebrities took to social media to celebrate the 73rd National Liberation Day on Wednesday.

Known as “Gwangbokjeol,” the national holiday commemorates the end of the Japanese colonial rule at the end of World War II and the establishment of the Republic of Korea.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180815

(Song Il-gook’s Instagram)

Celebrities posted pictures of the Korean national flag, Taegeukgi, and said they would never forget the history of Korea’s liberation.

Actor Song Il-gook shared a photo of his triplet sons holding the national flag in front of the Berlin Wall. The names of his sons, Dae-han, Min-gook and Man-se, combine to form the phrase “Republic of Korea, Hooray.”

Song wrote, “Holding Taegeukgi in front of the Berlin Wall, hooray Republic of Korea! Hope that the South and North will become one for true independence.”

By Park Jin-won (jpark13@heraldcorp.com)

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

The Best Historical K-Dramas To Watch From Each Time Period

There are plenty of reasons to love Korean historical dramas: sageuks are the perfect mix of royal romances, palace conspiracies, and aesthetic AF robes and scenery. And whether you consider yourself a history geek or not, historical K-dramas are also a great way to gain a little insight into Korea’s fascinating past. Maybe you want to know all about the political conflict surrounding the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, or maybe you just love to watch decorated court ladies and Goryeo princes parade across your screen. Either way, we’ve put together a master list of the best historical K-dramas from each time period. Come take a trip through Korea’s rich history, and see which eras you may want to stop at along the way!

Three Kingdoms of Korea

First up, the Three Kingdoms period refers to the time from 57 BC to 668 AD, when the Korean Peninsula was divided among the ancient kingdoms of Goguryeo, Baekje, and Silla. Each state developed its own unique cultural identity, while testing their borders and alliances with each other.

“Jumong”

Jumong.jpg

Goguryeo: Goguryeo was the northernmost of the three kingdoms, and ultimately the largest, also occupying parts of Manchuria in China. Its founder, King Jumong, is shrouded in myth: said to be the grandson of the river god Habaek, Jumong was known for his skills as an archer.

This 2006 drama “Jumong” is definitely an investment: with 81 total episodes (extended from 60 due to its popularity), “Jumong” is a historical epic with a multitude of awards to its name. The drama paints the life of its legendary titular king so powerfully that it even achieved an impressive following overseas, making it one of the first K-dramas to break into the global market.

Check out “Jumong”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1