Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

I finished scanning and reading the posts/comments at KOTW thread.  Kona, Metaltiger and I were there, too.  My username was "ardentfrias" and I was still in the Philippines, then.  I kept losing my account so, from ardentfrias, I became ardent, then ardently.  My backup account is sardonics.  

Honestly, I miss the old Sikers.

• Like 4

As SIK is no longer present on the small screen, hence much less visible to his international fans, the lull on this forum is quite understandable. I miss the days when our thread was richer in comments about SIK’s acting and personal life and friendly dialogues between SIKers.  Maybe that is why this article posted two years ago on a fan blog and discovered absolutely by chance cheered me up so much and made me wish to share it with you, my friends. Part of the info is no longer valid but the tone of the article is delicious LOL.

Hope you enjoy.

SOURCE https://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/1027268

Authorfantasy321shinee

PublishedMay 17, 2015

Tagsreturnofsuperman songilgook songtriplets triplets 

I just recently read his wiki page. GOD DAMMIT! 

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! WTH

In case you don't know who song il gook is. HE is the father of the triplets, daehan, minguk, manse, currently in the variety show"Return of Superman" and also an actor.

In the variety show, he showed us how affectionate and clever dad he is.Almost everyone look up to him as a role model APPA. 

AND THEN! HERE BELOW is the VERY shocking details about his life background

Song il gook's great-grandfather General Kim Jwa-Jin (Baekya) was responsible for the first emancipation of slaves in Korea. His grandfather, Kim Du Han was Korea’s most famous gangster, right wing politician and freedom fighter.

Both his grand father and great grandfather was the general of korean independence movement and they were a great contributor to the independence of korea.

Song il gook's mother is an actress and a congresswoman.

His name is il guk/gook which means "one nation"

He definitely comes from a family rich of political history.

AND even his sons are called "long live the republic of korea"

Song il gook's wife is Busan High court Judge. WOWWW. High court judge...not even prosecutor or lawyer can be compared to this rank.

He learnt martial arts, sword fighting.

He is definitely good in sports too. He is actually the vice president of triathlon in korea. Il gook carried the olympic torch in seoul before.

AND WHAT'S MORE SHOCKING!

He was invited to the blue house to dine with the HEAD OF STATE including the president of Kazakhstan! what the hack!? HE IS JUST AN ACTOR!? or what

In wiki page, it wrote that the reason for the invitation was because song il gook's drama JUMONG garnered huge popularity in kazakhstan.

AND OMGGGG

I heard before Jumong but i didn't know that that drama was so freaking popular. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY DRAMA WITH SUCH HIGH RATINGS before...

the highest rating was like 52+%?! DAFUQ... which means like ALMOST HALF OF KOREA watches it... DAMN...that's hardcore.

Anyway, the drama was shown in 2006, maybe that's why it has higher ratings. Generally dramas in the past have higher ratings because ppl watch TV more as ppl havent really watch dramas on internet yet.

In Jumong, il gook is a king.

JUST WOW. Are you fascinated yet?

I can't stop imagining him as a person in Joseon Era now.

He must be a good looking, good in martial arts, well literate, good behaved, well- liked by the king AND the son of some high ranking official of the Joseon court.

He then has a wife who is also well-literate and a righteous woman. Basically, he is a YANG BAN in joseon era.

Wow... appluad to my creative imagination.

OMG... 

All along I thought he is just a GOOD APPA.

HAHAHAHA. those who watch return of superman will understand.

Gosh...

I was too shock so i need to post this to shock more ppl.

~~

• Like 6

On 08/02/2017 at 9:39 AM, celiap said:

....I can't stop imagining him as a person in Joseon Era now.

He must be a good looking, good in martial arts, well literate, good behaved, well- liked by the king AND the son of some high ranking official of the Joseon court.

Oh, thank you, dear Celia, for sharing this old article! If we think better, SIK played characters from Joseon era long time ago, but the newest is - of course! - Jang Young Sil!  

https://scontent.fotp3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/990_937625706321631_4734800480549007068_n.jpg?oh=e3ecd037ce08bafb55720bd0ae90dd0c&oe=590BB0BC

Have a great day, SIkers! Love you!

• Like 6

On 2/14/2017 at 9:34 AM, hoonwoodjoon said:

Lets the love keep growing…  

Happiest Valentines day..to all couple, singles(like me), pets, on this earth!!  

fullsizephoto110261_zpse1059acf.jpg   5467226354_8dd14560d9_o_zpsffa9acac.jpg  IMG_3341_zps2d534070.jpg

6011093584_8636d59414_o_zpsb6447a4b.jpg    happy-valentines-day_zpsvuiqudty.jpg

Who is he kissing in the picture?  Is that from Lobbyist?

• Like 3