Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

2002 Eun-Jae Story

No English subtitles

Synopsis from our understanding: SIK's Seungho's (Jang Jun-Ha aka Song Il-Kook) stepson gets leukemia and his wife needs help from the biological father and her first husband, who is a doctor, to save the boy. In order to get the medical treatment, his wife has to reluctantly divorce Seungho and return to her first husband. Seungho, although he loves both of them dearly, gives up his stepson and wife.

It's a pity that we don't even get his character's name :-S  .
Thanks to Celia, we now know his name is Seungho in this drama.
Jang Jun-Ha or Chang Jun-Ha is the same.  Korean pronounce "J" as "Ch".
I learned this from the interpreter in Tongyeong.
We were supposed to cheer "Il-Kook Chang!" (Il-Kook the best!). 
I asked her how to spell "Chang" in alphabets, and she said "J.a.n.g" but pronounced like "Chang".

http://youtu.be/p6ykRXNWD7E

Many thanks to Xiaomeihuili for this DVD.

8111303750_b78a417d43_o.png

8111298155_f82e4bc3fa_o.jpg

8111304064_4f7a9514ef_o.jpg

This is the last of 3 DVD boxset.

8129916548_c10240ffb8_o.jpg

2002 Eun-Jae Story

68577761tile.jpg

PHOTO SOURCES:

http://news.donga.com/3//20020516/7819895/1

http://cue.imbc.com/ImgSlideShow.aspx?query

I couldn't find an English review of the drama but this note in Korean translated by Mr. Google is clear enough. The name of the character, as mentioned here, is Seunghu(승후) although in all other articles I found it is spelled Seungho (승호)   In this drama SIK was still using his stage name 장준하.

[TV보기] MBC-TV 베스트극장 '은재네 이야기'  
 2002-05-14 12:55  

이번주 MBC 베스트극장 '은재네 이야기'(극본 남궁옥, 연출 김남원)는 백혈병 투병과 가족애에 대한 드라마.
 승후(장준하)와 유진(이상아)은 일곱살 난 아들 은재와 세 식구. 유진은 전 남편 현택(정재곤)과 이혼한 뒤, 은재를 데리고 승후와 재혼해 평화롭게 살지만 어느날 갑자기 백혈병 진단을 받게 된다.
 한편, 대학병원 의사인 전 남편 현택은 아직 유진에 대한 미련이 남아있고, 현택의 부모 역시 은재를 데려오고 싶어하는 상황.
 병원에서 은재는 골수를 이식받아야 살 수 있다는 진단을 받고, 주위 사람들을 검사하지만 맞아떨어지는 사람이 없다.
 이때 형제가 있으면 골수 이식에 가장 좋은 조건이 형성될 수 있다는 말에 유진은 다시 현택의 아이를 인공수정할 생각을 하고, 현택은 "이 기회에 재결합을 하자"며 유진을 다그친다.
 제작진에 따르면 "현재 우리나라의 골수은행에 골수 기증 의사를 밝힌 공여자는 2만6000명 가량으로 일본 13만7000명, 대만 17만8000명에 비하면 턱없이 적은 숫자"라는 것.
 또 제작진은 "한국은 특히 인식의 부족과 '피'에 집착하는 유교 사상 때문에 충분히 고칠 수 있는 백혈병 환자들도 곤란을 겪는 경우가 많은 현실이라 드라마를 제작하게 됐다"고 밝혔다.
 '뜨거운 것이 좋아', '마지막 전쟁' 등 코믹터치의 드라마로 잘 알려진 김남원 PD로서는 이례적인 작품.
 한편 재혼한 남편과 전 남편 사이에서 아들에 대한 사랑으로 고민하는 유진 역을 이상아가 맡아 화제가 되기도 했다.
< 송원섭 기자
fivecard@sportschosun.com">  fivecard@>

Google Translation

[TV] MBC-TV Best Theater 'Eunjae your story'                   2002-05-14 12:55

This week, MBC Best Theater ' Eunjae your story' (a play NamGungOk, directing Kim Nam Won) for leukemia, suffering on the family love and drama.The Seunghu (Chang Jun - ha) and Eunjae (anomalies), a seven-year-old son eunjae and a family of three. Ex-husband Eunjae Hyeontaek (JeongJaeGon) and bringing peace and remarried Seunghu Eunjae to live through divorce after suddenly be diagnosed with leukemia.

Meanwhile, University Hospital physicians, former husband Eunjae Hyeontaek still lingering, and the remaining parent Hyeontaek of eunjae wants bringing the situation.In the hospital, being diagnosed with bone marrow transplantation should be that you can buy the Eunjae people falling into place, but there is no people around. Conditions, the best that can be formed at the end of a bone marrow transplant if the brothers Eugene modified artificial Hyeontaek child again, thinking "let this opportunity to reunite" the Hyeontaek Eunjae Dag strikes.

26,000 people, "said the doctor Korea's current bone marrow bone marrow donation to the bank donors about 137,000 people in Japan, Taiwan 178,000 people compared to the absurdly small number of producers, according to the will. The crew of the "South Korea, especially because of the Confucian philosophy 'and' lack of awareness of blood clinging to enough to fix in leukemia patients is experiencing difficulties many real drama was created," he said.

As well-known comic touch of drama to the 'last war' and 'Some Like It Hot', Kim Nam Won PD exceptional work. On the other hand, the charge ex-husband has remarried, her husband and struggling between the love for the son to Eunjae Station anomalies was. Song Won - Seob reporter fivecard@sportschosun.com ">

Source: http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook/1oyK/17?docid=GFNa1oyK1720020514141321

hi kish, yeah think I've only seen him smoke are during fashion takes..or modeling, so far none during the drama's??  :)  

Hey gab, nice AOS scenes, I've not actually watched this fully yet, have seen the first parts....will have to get back to this!  

Hugs to SIG...moon gal..flor...dana...lovely, lovely artworks!

True, KB..very true, but least all that effort..really pays off very well!!  :D.. I'm sure a lot of them are still on a waiting lists..  v  Well known, no names..an him/it..or whatever we can call him..v  
Nice clips from Album of life..really nice stylish scenes..wished we all can see them!   AND maybe can maybe put them in a wallpaper style...or are they okay about the photo sizes in here?   ALmost forgot about that.. ;p    v

These from SIK world page, they got lots of them..

4950180654_5d16b3cc55.jpg

f?s=792600099&t=2d57f5b8a52e4052d5cffedbf?s=792600099&t=2d57f5b8a52e4052d5cffedb4949587913_cb1742d61f_z.jpg

Dear all SIKers, glad to know all of you are fine and our flame is still burning for our man. I finished the 2nd round of Jumong early on Saturday morning (3.00 a.m.). The drama was so good that kept me excited and awake all the way through. I'm now watching Lobbyist (ep 4). Just can't get enough of him. There are a few similar faces in Lobbyist from Jumong. Good to see them reunion. The funny thing is I watched the first few episodes with my daughter. She has never been interested in watching any SIK's drama. She is a fan of Lee Hyun Woo and she found that he played young Harry. She eagerly to watch it and said that she did not want him to grow up but I think the other way round :D

Dear Dana, thank you for your kind words. I really meant it. I'm so proud of him and being part of his forum. The more I know about him, the more I respect his dedication and determination. Thank you for your awesome artwork as always. You are so talented to write beautiful poems.

Dear Gabi, thank you for screen caps of Art of Seduction and funny wake up clip. As I mentioned in my FB timeline, I would like to be waked up by him. I just re-watched a few scenes of Art of Seduction today. He is so adorable.

Dear Kona, thank you for the all information about his old time drama. Eun Jae Story seems very interesting. The photos of Album of Life are just perfect. I also wonder that he did not mentioned about his model professional in his interview. He has great figure and could also be a good model.

Dear h2og, glad to see you again.

Dear Erinnys, thank you for making such a wonderful MV. The words and pictures are going along so well. I love the song as well. Is it Annie's Song by John Denver, right? I've heard it for a long time. The song is always beautiful.

Dear metaltiger, are you Korean? Thank you for the information about family name in Korea. I just wonder when I watch historical drama. All grown up guys always have beard and mustache. How old do they have to grow beard and mustache in the old days?

High wave to Celia, kish, ardently, sig-hadise, HWJ and all SIKers. Good night and have a sweet dream. Love you all.

Guest danasibro

THANK YOU DEAR KONA BEANS FOR  THE GREAT VIDEOS
THANK YOU ERINNYS, YOUR VIDEO IS TOUCHING AND THE MUSIK IS PERFECT

e2aaf813_o.jpeg

VERY NICE ARTWORK DEAR GABI.
THANK YOU DEAR SIG HADISE, CELIA, ALEX, FLORI ARDENTLY, HWG, METALINGER MOON GAL FOR SHARING.

553192b2_o.jpeg

6165440654_10a8c0e896_o.png

GeNtLe Song Il-Kook Hawaii had a meeting today and the theme was Song Il-Kook's 41th Birthday Celebration.
There were more than 80 people show up, and I heard SIK had a special message for them.
Let's hope @metaltiger will give us some insights.

Yoboyoyo (aka SIKnamja) just sent me some pictures she took from the event:

8134070609_041305b179_o.jpg

8134098254_8092da2d0b_o.jpg

8134098354_40414624d4_o.jpg

8134098392_06401a866d_o.jpg

8134098226_ed296014cc_o.jpg

8134098310_b2275361f4_o.jpg

8134070301_2549b27e4d_o.jpg

There is more... I'll add to this post later...

Contributing to the success of this meeting is Gabi and cristubat, who created these special videos to show to the Hawaii fans.
Many thanks to @gabisikfan and @cristubat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlG3IuDCPNQ

6248958970_8831972ced_o.png

Guest erinnys

Hi again,
Dear Celia, thank you, it`s true that I am romantic but no more than Ardent ( I think)... you know, Alex knows the answer. Indeed it`s about John Denver- Annie`s Song...but in this case is SIK`s Song  :P
Thank you all for appreciating...as I said...it is my present for you all. 
Dear Gabi, you really have a lot of work...doing all this beautiful images and movies...the last one with "Wake up" is soooo funny!!  Thanks to Cris also.
Kona, another great movie witch I haven`t seen it... SIK is very young in Eun-Jae Story...anyway, I have a lot of movies with SIk to catch up.... If it will be possible to find all his movies on DVD with eng subs, it will be awesome! ...but they are very hard to find.
Dana, as usual....nice creations!
Many hellos to Hoonwoodjoon and Florimama also!!
Love you!!!

Aloha everyone,
Gentle Song Il Kook Hawaii held its fall meeting today at the Waikiki Resort Hotel.  About 80 members and guests attended, including SIKnamja. 
With the help of my wonderfully patient Korean teacher, I recited a prayer in Korean to open the meeting.  I including it here to recognize our international friends in soompi. 
Dear Lord
주님,
We thank you for this wonderful day that brings us together to celebrate the birthday of Song Il Kook.
오늘 이 자리에 송일국씨 생일을 축하하기 위해 모이게 해 주셔서 감사합니다.
We thank you for the food before us, the friends beside us, and the aloha that surrounds us.
우리에게 음식을 주심과 주위의 알로하를 감사합니다.
We thank you for the contributions from our members and other fans from the world who join us to send our best wishes for success to Song Il Kook and his family.
여러 나라의 팬들과 여기에 모인 모든 팬들이 송일국씨와 그의 가족의 행복과 성공을 위해 도와 주심을 감사합니다.
We ask for your blessings on all of us today so that we may enjoy many more years of good health and fellowship. 
우리에게도 축복하셔서 오랜동안 함께 건강하고 교제할 수 있게 해 주세요.
Amen.
예수님의 이름으로 기도합니다. 아멘.

The highlight of the program was SIK's video message to the fan club, which he spoke in ENGLISH!!!  The fact that he took the time and effort to do this for us made us feel very special. (I think Kona might post it on the GSiKH website?) Then we watched the jazzy QOM video clips by gabisikfan and cristubat..  Amazingly he looks so good!  I am always grateful to Kona and now gabi and cris for sharing your videos with our club.  The videos add the special spark to make our meetings truly entertaining.

Two of the club's strongest supporters are Annie and David Lim, owners of the local Beauty Touch stores.  David, who brought us SIK's video, just returned from Korea last week and got to meet SIK's new manager. David reported that SIK wants to come to Hawaii again...... ..........ah, but who knows when.

The meeting ended with a toast "Tae-han, Min-gook, Manse!"

Hi, everyone!

Pohhooi, you are visiting us more often lately. Thank you. I appreciate your sharing the news with us  and reposting the amazing photos taken by gantan. SIK looks really great.   Incheon architecture is also so cool!

Kona and SIKnamja, thank you for the photos from the GeNtLe Song Il-Kook Hawaii meeting. All my appreciation for the Hawaiian fans and their support to our Prince.

Metaltiger, thank you for outlining the program of your GSIKH meeting  for us. You are special to SIK, indeed. I am dreaming for the day he will send a message to soompiers too! I would also like to thank you for appreciating the contribution of the Romanian fans (Gabi and Cris) to your meeting. I feel proud of them.

Thank you OPH @pohhooi for the updates.  Please come often and post the news.

SIK did say in Tongyeong that he had signed up for the Incheon Triathlon, but my understanding was "next year", not this soon, which is really great!

This is the 1st Marine Police aka Korea Coast Guard Triathlon; and SIK was invited to participate.
He finished the course with ease.

From my source, about 10 fans from local and Japan came to support and cheer on him.  Thanks to these dedicated fans, we have many great photos and videos.

More up-close pictures from junpe@http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook

Beautiful autumn and architecture in Incheon.

A celebrity limousine van, it's KIA, a domestic brand.  When we see one like this in Seoul streets, we know there's someone famous inside. :)

015FBB3E508E814512E146

113C6C42508E82310B8819

192BD346508E82B8404B38

116A813E508E83660C982C

132D9245508E846D1C8399

157E2240508E84D0263041

Greeeat shot!  :x  :x  :x  .

03610744508E8570305E26

2036303D508E85CA2EB213

114D533F508E86172AE620

120D8340508E86ED183A4E

01799343508E8749333FC0