Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

• 1 month later...

Here Are The Top 5 Child Stars That Are Absolutely Beloved By Koreans

Some of them have been celebrities for almost their entire lives.

g9jKcWum53VS9Sd0ln04dIFqxHIcXN6s7FCrduIj

Child stars in Korea are very common, especially in the acting industry, where many Korean actors and actresses originally started as child actors. Entertainment Weekly created a list of the most beloved child stars in Korea, so here are the top 5.

#3. Song triplets

8klDgeruuTWluO12V6tA3FWxPczBwxUMgsI6FBdr

How could anyone not love these three adorable children?  Daehan, Minguk, and Mansae are the children of Song Il Kook, and all appeared on the program The Return of Superman. The triplets were famous for their cute behaviors, as well as their tremendous appetite.

Song Il Kook often gives updates on how the triplets are doing, and they look different now when compared to their appearance on The Return of Superman.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• 1 month later...

*** Oh..... this thread has been so silent for quite a long while. It's deafening..... I missed SIG on the screen. I wonder how is he doing at the moment. I wonder if he still plans to do a drama in the near future. I remember the very 1st drama I watched where he's in was "Jumong". That drama got a highest viewership rating of 49.7%. Gosh..... :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Song Il Gook Shares Sweet Update Of His Triplets On Fun Outing

8196cb7cbc05421caffb2075b1ae4edb.jpeg?s=

Song Il Gook recently shared some photos of his triplets enjoying some family time.

On July 15, he posted a photo of his sons, Daehan, Minguk and Manse, at Namsan (a mountain in Seoul).

In the caption, he wrote, “The weather was so nice that for the first time in a while, I took the kids to Namsan. I felt sorry for the kids stuck at home due to the coronavirus, so for the first time in a while I felt like I was being a dad… Ah, the kids had their hair cut the day before yesterday. Daehan asked for a good-looking haircut, Minguk asked not to cut his hair past the middle of his forehead, and Manse asked for a square haircut. Haha. They all look like bowl cuts right now, but once their hair grows out a bit, I think that it will be a good style and we’ll be able to live for a bit without worrying about their hair.”

Back in April, Song Il Gook had shared that his triplets were beginning their new semester at home due to COVID-19 precautions. His sons became beloved household names after their appearance on “The Return of Superman” from 2014 to 2016.

Check out an episode of “The Return of Superman” below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

[SBS Star] Song Il Kook Shares Photos of the Triplets from Their Recent Outing

201450939_1280.jpg

Actor Song Il Kook gave an update on the life of his three sons. On July 16, Song Il Kook posted some photos of the triplets―Daehan, Minguk, and Manse on his Instagram.

201450936_1280.jpg

In the photos, Daehan, Minguk and Manse posed on the top of Namsan (Nam mountain), Seoul. There was also a photo of them enjoying a drink at the bottom of the mountain. Their happy and playful facial expressions suggested they had a great time together at Namsan.

201450938_1280.jpg

201450933_1280.jpg

Spoiler

201450935_1280.jpg

Under these photos, Song Il Kook wrote, "The weather was so nice that I took the kids to Namsan. They stayed at home due to the coronavirus for a long while, and I felt terrible about that." He continued, "For the first time in ages, I felt like I had done my job as their dad again."

201450934_1280.jpg

This was Song Il Kook's update on the children in about three months, and fans could not be happier to see the triplets are safe and sound amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Daehan, Minguk and Manse gained popularity when they featured in KBS' reality show 'The Return of Superman' from 2014 until 2016. The triplets returned to Korea after living in France for about a year last year.

201450937_1280.jpg

(Credit= 'songilkook' Instagram) (SBS Star)

Song Triplets were Spotted with New Park Saeroy-Wannabe Hairstyle and They Win the Internet (+ Photos)

large_4826a05ef4a3556d2275f9c9bb981fe036

The triplets have transformed into Song Saeroy. 

On July 16th, Song Ilgook, father of Song Daehan, Song Minguk, and Song Manse, took to his Instagram and posted photos of the famous triplets. He revealed that he and Song triplets had just had an outing after a while due to the pandemic. 

Song Ilgook captioned, "The weather was so nice so that I went to Namsan with my children after a long time. I was sorry for the kids who stayed at home due to the pandemic for a while. They had their hair cut the day before yesterday. Daehan asked for a handsome cut, Minguk asked for not-above-halfway-up-forehead bangs, and Manse asked for a 'square' cut. Anyway, even though they look like a lid now, after a while, the hair will look better. I think I can without worrying about getting a haircut for a long time."

Fans who saw the photos say that the triplets look just all adorable with Park Saeroy-wannabe haircut. As you might have known, Park Saeroy is actor Park Seojoon's character in JTBC hit drama 'Itaewon Class.' Park Saeroy has been famous for his 'chestnut hairstyle.'

So, how do you like the triplets' new hairstyle?

Thumbnail Credit: JTBC, Instagram '@songilkook' 

ⓒ KStarLive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/07/17/song-triplets-were-spotted-with-new-park-saeroy-wannabe-hairstyle-and-they-win-the-internet-photos-367156

Song Il Gook Shares Update On The Song Triplets, Talks About His Plans As An Actor, And More

d3da9d9addea4ba3a1ac4003cfbccfae.jpeg?s=

In an interview with Xportsnews, Song Il Gook gave an update on his triplets, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse.

The actor, who is currently starring in the musical “42nd Street,” said “42nd Street” is a musical that people of all ages can enjoy. He said, “My sons Daehan, Minguk, and Manse will be coming to see it, and it’ll be their first time seeing me on stage from the audience.”

He continued, “My sons will be coming to see the musical with three of their close friends. They’re in the second grade of elementary school, so they can see it.” Song Il Gook added that Minguk reads lines for him while he’s practicing at home. He said, “I don’t know if he has a dream of becoming an actor. He hasn’t said anything. And we don’t have a TV at home. When he asks what I do for work, I say I’m an actor, but I’m not sure he knows what it means.”

Talking about public interest in his children since their appearance on KBS2’s “The Return of Superman,” Song Il Gook said, “It’s not to the point that they’re stressed about it, but I don’t think they particularly enjoy the attention.”

“They normally used to like taking photos, but while we were on ‘The Return of Superman,’ they didn’t like it. It wasn’t intentional, but I think it was a good choice to leave the program before they became aware that they were on television.” Commenting on how much the three have grown, he said, “It’s too late now to return to the show. The kids are much taller now. They’re 142 centimeters tall (approximately 4 feet, 8 inches), and that’s pretty big for elementary school students. Their mother is pretty tall, too, at 172 centimeters (approximately 5 feet, 8 inches). I pray that they’ll always be healthy.”

song-triplets.jpg

The actor added that he doesn’t give his children stress about their studies.

“When we see their friends, they go to at least three or four after-school academies, including for English, but our kids are only learning piano [after school]. Because I had always wanted to learn piano. (laughs) I regretted not learning any instruments. I wanted to learn in middle school, but then it was time for achievement tests, so we began studying for those. I really regretted [not learning how to play anything]. I don’t know about other instruments, but I thought it would be nice to teach my children piano. They’re pretty good. Yesterday, Daehan played Sonatinen, and I was surprised at how well he did.”

Talking about his own career, Song Il Gook said, “I’m continuing to study music, and I’m going to audition a lot. Any opportunities I have, I’m going to go for all of them. I’m at an odd age for dramas, but I’ve heard that there are a lot of roles for people my age in movies. And for musicals, there are a lot of opportunities as long as you can sing.”

He continued, “If I knew it was going to turn out like this, I should’ve focused on singing more whenever at karaoke. But you can learn. Normally, I wouldn’t be able to sing anything in the original key, but I improved after practicing, and I was really amazed.”

Watch the latest episode of “The Return of Superman”:

Watch Now

Source (1) soompi news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[SBS Star] Song Il Kook Shares How the Song Triplets Have Been Doing These Days

201453009_1280.jpg

Actor Song Il Kook gave an update on his adorable three sons―Daehan, Minguk, and Manse; widely known as the Song triplets. Recently, Song Il Kook sat down for a press interview to talk about his new musical '42nd Street', his future plans as an actor, and his triplets.

201453014_1280.jpg

During the interview, Song Il Kook revealed that Minguk reads lines for him while he is practicing at home. He said, "I don't know if he (Minguk) has a dream of becoming an actor. He hasn't said anything about it, and we don't even have a television at our home." He continued, "When Minguk asks what I do for living, I say I'm an actor. But I'm not sure if he knows what it exactly means."

201453012_1280.jpg

201453010_1280.jpg

Spoiler

As the interview goes on, the actor also talked about the public's interest in his children after their appearance on KBS' television show 'The Return of Superman'. Song Il Kook shared, "It's not to the point that they are stressed about it, but I don't think they particularly enjoy the attention. They used to like taking photos, but while we were on 'The Return of Superman', they didn't like it." He added, "I think it was a good choice to leave the show before they became aware that they were actually on TV."

201453013_1280.jpg

Song Il Kook then shared that the triplets are currently 142 centimeters tall (approximately 4'8''), which is pretty big for elementary school students. The actor also shared that he tries not to give the triplets too much stress about their studies. Song Il Kook said, "Our kids are only learning piano after school. It's because I'd always wanted to learn piano. I regretted not learning any instruments." He continued to share, "I thought it would be nice to teach my children how to play the piano. They're pretty good at it. Daehan played Sonatine the other day, and I was surprised at how well he played."

201453011_1280.jpg

(Credit= 'songilkook' Instagram, SEM Company) (SBS Star)

• 2 weeks later...

Song Il Gook Talks About Supporting His Triplets’ Future Dreams, Being Grateful To His Wife, And More

f65e3ecc96a545ee8ec8d05286223e12.jpeg?s=

Song Il Gook recently sat down for an interview to talk about his current musical, “42nd Street.”

“42nd Street” is a musical that gives hope to those who dream of becoming musical actors. Song Il Gook said,

“I’m a bit embarrassed [to say that I’m a part of that]. Back when I attended the open recruitment for actors at the broadcasting station, I wasn’t desperate to get in. Of course, I ended up doing nothing for several years because I lacked talent. I did well in the lead role of a one-act drama, got a role in a morning drama, and got to where I am today, but I’m embarrassed to compare myself to my peers. In the play ‘I Am You’ [literal title], I had co-stars who did manual labor during the day and worked on the play by night. After meeting them, my attitude toward my work changed.”

Song Il Gook is the son of Kim Eul Dong, a former actress and politician. He said, “In the past, I found it impossible to learn acting from my mother. She was famous for being the acting teacher for many actors.

While rehearsing for ‘I Am You,’ I got desperate and asked her for help. She took the script and helped me through the night. That play gave me so many gifts.”

He continued, “I am also grateful to my wife [Jung Seung Yeon, a judge]. She and I have different interests, but she has a keen ear for pitch. She sings in the court choir and when she was in Busan, she was part of a clarinet club. When I sing at home, she says, ‘Dear, you’re off-rhythm. The pitch isn’t right.” As part of her job, she’s the kind of person who looks at the big picture, so she tells me things that I tend to miss. She’s the best manager I have.”

Asked if his famous triplets, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse, had dreams about their future, he said, “I think it’s still quite abstract. Daehan and Minguk share ordinary dreams like wanting to be scientists or generals. These days, Manse says he wants to own a donut store. Minguk shows a lot of interest when I practice acting at home. He exchanges lines with me when I put my feelings into it. It helps me a lot when I practice.”

He added, “I am grateful to my mother for letting me do what I wanted to do. I didn’t become an actor because she forced me into it. I want to support my children in whatever they want to do. If they want to become actors, I’d like to stop them, but they have to do what they want to do.”

Daehan, Minguk, and Manse rose to fame on the KBS show “The Return of Superman.”

Check out the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

[SBS Star] Song Il Kook Shares How the Triplets Are Doing These Days

201482057_1280.jpg

Actor Song Il Kook shared how his three sons―Daehan, Minguk and Manse are doing these days. On October 18 episode of MBC's television show 'Those Who Cross the Line', Song Il Kook made a guest appearance.

201482055_1280.jpg

Song Il KookWhile talking about history, Song Il Kook said, "Daehan is really interested in history." He continued, "When I told him that I was going to meet historian Seol Min-seok today, he got really excited. He even wanted me to get an autograph of him on his book."

201482058_1280.jpg

Song Il KookThen, entertainer Jeon Hyun Moo asked, "How are the triplets doing by the way?" Song il Kook sighed and responded, "They really don't listen to me well nowadays." He went on, "Minguk is very smart just like my wife, but the problem is, he is always telling me off with everything I do." He laughingly added,

"Recently, Manse told me that he wants to run a donut store in the future."

201482056_1280.jpg

Song Il KookDaehan, Minguk and Manse gained popularity when they featured in KBS' reality show 'The Return of Superman' from 2014 until 2016. The triplets returned to Korea after living in France for about a year last year.

(Credit= 'songilkook' Instagram, MBC Those Who Cross the Line)

(SBS Star)

• 5 months later...

***Ohhh.....................the triplets grow this much now. I'm surprised in these photos how much they had grown. I'm glad that Song Il Kook gave an update to the public on his three sons―Daehan, Minguk and Manse. They're 9-years old now. March 16 was their birthday. In the photos, the triplets were posing with clothes, toys, cakes, fruits, watches and more. They looked happy in every photo, as if they were having so much fun. They still had the same faces as the time when they were younger. It seemed like they got the tall genes from Song Il Kook.  :smile:

201532244_1280.jpg

201532251_1280.jpg

201532250_1280.jpg

Spoiler

201532247_1280.jpg

201532245_1280.jpg

201532249_1280.jpg

201532248_1280.jpg

201532246_1280.jpg

photos source : (SBS Star)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

*** Today, July 5 the unreleased video of three twins will be one to be released via the official YouTube channel of KBS 2TV 'The Return of Superman' (hereinafter referred to as 'The Return of Superman').  Various contents will be released through this YouTube channel.  :sweet:

20210705101843324nyev.jpg

• 2 months later...

*** Finally..................he might be back to Kdramaland. Song Il-gook is considering the drama "Killer Queen".  It is a story that looks into the traumatic events and human ambivalence experienced by a psychiatrist who becomes the daughter-in-law of a chaebol family while suffering from the events of dementia, divorce and disappearance. He was proposed to appear in "Killer Queen" and another attention is being paid to the possibility of him returning for the first time in many years since his last drama in 2016. I hope he will consider coming back.  I miss SIG! :weary:

photo1368325.jpg

photo source : Hancinema

[New Drama] "Killer Queen"

photo1368363.jpg

"Killer Queen" (2021)

Written by Kim Hee-jung-IV, Kwon Eum-mi

Network: TV Chosun

With Song Il-gook, Lee Mi-yeon,...

Synopsis
A story that looks into the traumatic events and human ambivalence experienced by a psychiatrist who becomes the daughter-in-law of a chaebol family while suffering from the events of dementia, divorce and disappearance.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2021

• 2 months later...

*** Song triplets are now all grown up! Return of Superman has uploaded a preview for their upcoming episode. A very spoiler alert, it features Song Il-Kook’s triplets! It was very heartwarming to see a very grown up Daehan, Minguk, and Manse. The siblings greeted the program for their 8-year anniversary. Daehan started with his polite greeting of congratulating the show for its success. Minguk followed sending his regards. While the playful Manse ended with a “Can we shoot again?”   :Megathanks:

image-11.png?resize=780,429&is-pending-l

photo/video source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/11/12/watch-song-triplets-greets-return-of-superman-for-their-eight-year-anniversary/