Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Hello Ladies:

Well like the rest of you, I too am tired of waiting for our man SIK to do another Drama. But, I don't think it will happen soon and at my age , probably never. So I did the next  best thing, I watched Jumong for the 12th time. Gosh he is such a great actor and It's kind of sad that he  has chosen not to do anything in all these years after such a successful career as an actor  .Anyway, he will always be "The Korean John Wayne- Never Makes a Bad Drama".So up next is "Kingdom of the Wind".

• Like 3

On 8/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, Chellsee said:

I see you.... :wub:

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing this picture. They're boys now! And look how tall they are now. I wonder who's with them....Who's this woman, why the face is covered? :lol:I'm happy that we still get to read news & see the pictures of them from time to time. 

The Song Triplets Left “The Return of Superman” Two Years Ago, Here’s What They Look Like Now

The Song triplets have grown up so much!

Since the DaehanMinguk, and Manse bid The Return of Superman goodbye in February 2016, everyone has deeply missed them. While they may have left the show, Song Il Kook has made sure to post lots of pictures of the triplets and shocked fans with how fast they are growing up!

The first pictures that really caught the attention of fans were those he posted 10 months after the triplets left.

Fans were surprised by all the grown-up activities the boys were doing like making kimchi and picking cabbage.

Spoiler

They also couldn’t believe how big the boys were getting!

Since those pictures, the boys have only continued to grow!

Not only are they a lot bigger, they also took their first selfie!

The triplets have also grown into kind young men. For the Lunar New Year, they sent out a heartfelt message.

They looked liked mini-adults when they took the subway!

While out celebrating Children’s Day, they posed by a bed of Tulips in the Netherlands.

source : koreaboo

Spoiler

• Like 1

August 15, 2018

Korean stars celebrate Liberation Day

South Korean celebrities took to social media to celebrate the 73rd National Liberation Day on Wednesday.

Known as “Gwangbokjeol,” the national holiday commemorates the end of the Japanese colonial rule at the end of World War II and the establishment of the Republic of Korea.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180815

(Song Il-gook’s Instagram)

Celebrities posted pictures of the Korean national flag, Taegeukgi, and said they would never forget the history of Korea’s liberation.

Actor Song Il-gook shared a photo of his triplet sons holding the national flag in front of the Berlin Wall. The names of his sons, Dae-han, Min-gook and Man-se, combine to form the phrase “Republic of Korea, Hooray.”

Song wrote, “Holding Taegeukgi in front of the Berlin Wall, hooray Republic of Korea! Hope that the South and North will become one for true independence.”

By Park Jin-won (jpark13@heraldcorp.com)

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Best Historical K-Dramas To Watch From Each Time Period

There are plenty of reasons to love Korean historical dramas: sageuks are the perfect mix of royal romances, palace conspiracies, and aesthetic AF robes and scenery. And whether you consider yourself a history geek or not, historical K-dramas are also a great way to gain a little insight into Korea’s fascinating past. Maybe you want to know all about the political conflict surrounding the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, or maybe you just love to watch decorated court ladies and Goryeo princes parade across your screen. Either way, we’ve put together a master list of the best historical K-dramas from each time period. Come take a trip through Korea’s rich history, and see which eras you may want to stop at along the way!

Three Kingdoms of Korea

First up, the Three Kingdoms period refers to the time from 57 BC to 668 AD, when the Korean Peninsula was divided among the ancient kingdoms of Goguryeo, Baekje, and Silla. Each state developed its own unique cultural identity, while testing their borders and alliances with each other.

“Jumong”

Jumong.jpg

Goguryeo: Goguryeo was the northernmost of the three kingdoms, and ultimately the largest, also occupying parts of Manchuria in China. Its founder, King Jumong, is shrouded in myth: said to be the grandson of the river god Habaek, Jumong was known for his skills as an archer.

This 2006 drama “Jumong” is definitely an investment: with 81 total episodes (extended from 60 due to its popularity), “Jumong” is a historical epic with a multitude of awards to its name. The drama paints the life of its legendary titular king so powerfully that it even achieved an impressive following overseas, making it one of the first K-dramas to break into the global market.

Check out “Jumong”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Song Il Kook's 20th Anniversary/Fan Meeting held in Jeju Island, 15-16 Sept 2018.

Song Il Kook had a meaningful time with his fans on Jeju Island in commemoration of his 20th anniversary.

Source: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201809180100142550011144&servicedate=20180917

201809171016771193_5b9f0144a6b27.jpg

483426_141146_4020.jpg?type=w773

201809171016771193_5b9f0143e90fd.jpg

201809171016771193_5b9f01443b5a6.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/11/2018 at 3:49 PM, Chellsee said:

And they are enjoying the beauty of Iceland!

SIK's most latest IG update. :wub:

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing this. I have missed this kids so much. I'm happy for SIG that he has a complete perfect family. :P

• Like 2

Aloha SIG fans,

Hope you can help me.  I'm trying to find a video of the triplets dancing on a bed.  It was released by CJes around Feb 7, 2018, and it's supposed to be hilarious.  It was mentioned in the article http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201802080100061000004200&ServiceDate=20180207.

Many thanks if you can find it.

• 3 months later...