[Drama 2022] Link : Eat, Love, Kill ♐️ 링크 : 먹고 사랑하라, 죽이게 출처

Maetawinz

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/05/688_329214.html
Yeo Jin-goo offers glimpse of his role in new series 'Link: Eat, Love, Kill'

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2022-05-16

E0F54926-5CA0-4B4A-90DC-9B3A39280736.jpg
Yeo Jin-goo plays the role of a chef in tvN's upcoming fantasy romance series, "Link: Eat, Love, Kill." / Courtesy of tvN

Yeo Jin-goo has offered a sneak peek into his new role as Chef Eun Kye-hoon in tvN's upcoming fantasy romance series, "Link: Eat, Love, Kill." 

"I was drawn to how the series incorporates appealing elements from different genres, such as a romantic comedy, mystery, cooking and drama," the actor said in a recent written interview released by the TV network. "The role of Eun Kye-hoon is unique and refreshing, so I decided to take on the role in 'Link.'"

The new romance series revolves around a phenomenon between a man, Eun (Yeo), and a woman, Noh Da-hyun (Moon Ga-young), whose feelings are connected to share the same emotions. 

Eun runs a restaurant in a small town where his twin sister went missing about 20 years ago. Noh is an optimistic and kind woman who has been struggling to get a job. She finally gets to work at Eun's restaurant, which leads to the strange phenomenon between them. 

The chef finds himself going through different emotions which eventually turn out to be simultaneously stimulated by Da-Hyun's feelings. 

The series is led by director Hong Jong-chan, whose previous works include the hit romance series, "The Master's Sun" (2013), and Netflix's recent legal drama series, "Juvenile Justice," and is co-written by Kwon Ki-young who is known for scripting the 2017 romance series, "Suspicious Partner," and a newcomer, Kwon Do-hwan. 

Yeo said that he was drawn to the series' concept of being connected through emotions.

"The character gets connected with someone else's feelings all of a sudden. And although that uniqueness about this person felt difficult to approach, it felt interesting," he said. 

"The link phenomenon is a crucial part of Eun and the series itself. So the director, writer and I discussed (portraying) it a lot before filming. Throughout the story, the phenomenon is used to show comedy to deep drama, so I tried to portray my character with flexibility."

The actor also shared that he learned from an actual chef to show professional cooking skills in the series. 

"Cooking is my hobby, but for this role, cooking is a profession. So I got help from a real chef to learn skills like using a knife, handling pans and learned how I should be acting around the kitchen and at the restaurant in general," he said. 

He lastly hinted that the series will incorporate a variety of genres. 

"We are trying our best to make this series a unique one with the tastes and smells of a variety of genres, he said. 

"Link: Eat, Love, Kill" is scheduled to premiere on June 6 and will air Mondays and Tuesdays on tvN at 10:30 p.m.

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Moon Ga Young Shares First Impressions Of Her “Link” Character And Talks About Her Portrayal

tvN’s upcoming drama “Link” shared new previews of Moon Ga Young!

A unique mix of fantasy, romance, and mystery, “Link” will tell the story of a man who suddenly begins feeling all the emotions experienced by an unfamiliar woman when a magical “link” reopens after 18 years.

Moon Ga Young will star in the drama as restaurant employee Noh Da Hyun who has been unlucky in both love and life, while Yeo Jin Goo will star as Eun Gye Hoon, an executive chef whose everyday life is turned upside down when he unexpectedly begins going through all of Noh Da Hyun’s joy, sorrow, and pain together with her.

On her first impression of the drama, Moon Ga Young shared, “The new setup of a ‘link’ in which emotions are shared felt refreshing.” The actress revealed that her first impression of Noh Da Hyun was to feel proud of her, explaining, “I felt sorry for the way she kept going and didn’t let go of herself despite experiencing various incidents, but I wanted to encourage her even more.”

Moon-Ga-Young-5-768x512.jpeg

She continued, “I was curious about how she will gradually change after overcoming those times,” saying that she is still anticipating her character’s growth. Moon Ga Young commented, “Above all, I greatly felt the need to portray the character of Noh Da Hyun flexibly.”

Moon-Ga-Young-4-768x512.jpeg

The actress revealed, “Noh Da Hyun has experienced many situations and met diverse people, and she’s a figure with a lot of secrets. She matures and changes as she faces those situations and gets influenced by them. In order for the viewers to follow along with that flow well, I’m thinking over it a lot with the director to perfect it.”

Finally, Moon Ga Young shared, “I hope you keep watch of what synergy occurs when the setup of ‘link’ meets the romance genre and what story will unfold through that.”

Spoiler

Moon-Ga-Young-3-768x512.jpeg

“Link” premieres on June 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here.

Moon Ga Young Shares First Impressions Of Her “Link” Character And Talks About Her Portrayal | Soompi

• Like 2