[Drama 2022] May It Please The Court/ Let’s Start the Defense,변론을 시작하겠습니다

larus

New Event :issohappy:

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• Like 1

Jung Ryeo-won in Lee Kyu-hyung's arms? 'I'll Start Arguing' Stills Released

7ZPOP2PQOYBCJHI2XBOGXUPSNQ.jpg

The second press stills of Disney+'s original series <Let's Start Arguing> have been released.

Disney+'s original series <I'll Start Arguing> is a case in which two lawyers who are at the opposite end face each other while working together, a self-righteous lawyer 'No Chaek-hee' who bites anything for success, a special lawyer 'Jwa Si-baek' who doesn't care if he gets stuck It is a courtroom mystery drama that pursues the hidden truth. Actress Jeong Ryeo-won, who captivates the public with her excellent acting that is not limited to genres, Lee Kyu-hyung, who shows a cloth face that crosses good and evil in each work, and Jeong Jin-young, who adds a sense of weight to the work with a presence that overwhelms the crowd just by appearing, will perform.

BGPODSQAPK5VD7KDIWPUQQBCQU.jpg

In the second press still released, the appearance of Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Kyu-hyung, and Jeong Jin-young, who foretells exhilaration and tension-filled fun in the background of the court, draws attention. First of all, various cases are foretold and they will show a special chemistry between 'Noh Chaek-hee' (Jung Ryeo-won), a self-righteous lawyer who bites anything to win the trial, and 'Jwa Si-baek' (Lee Kyu-hyung), a special lawyer who doesn't care if he gets stuck. stimulate curiosity about.

At the same time, the cool charisma of 'Jang Gi-do' (Jung Jin-young), the representative of a large law firm that overwhelms the crowd just by appearing, instills tension in the play, raising expectations about what kind of appearance he will show in the play.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/09/13/SBN5LULPLM5CMDCUF5SFPLKVMM/

Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Kyu-hyung, and Jung Jin-young's charismatic main poster for 'I'll Start Arguing'

PS22091400200.jpg

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01371046632460120&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 3

September 16 2022

Main trailer and poster for Disney+ drama “May It Please The Court”

May-It-Pease-The-Court-tp1.jpeg

Main trailer and poster added for Disney+ drama series “May It Please The Court” starring Jung Ryeo-Won, Lee Kyu-Hyung, & Jung Jin-Young. Narration in the main trailer starts off with Lee Kyu-Hyung stating “I guess that rumor is right. You are an ace of Law Firm Jangsan with 92% winning rate and you’re also their dog who will do anything when asked.” Around the 14 second mark Jung Ryeo-Won states “What kind of dog? I think Sitzu is cute.” Later in the main trailer, Jung Ryeo-Won states (1:33) “Are you telling me that Lawyer Jwa was murdered?”

“May It Please The Court” will be available to stream from September 21, 2022 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: No Chak-Hee (Jung Ryeo-Won) works for a big law firm. She is willing to take any risk to win a case and has become an ace attorney at the law firm. She is set to receive a promotion to a partner position, but a problem occurs on a case she accepted. Due to this, she almost gets suspended for a year. Instead, No Chak-Hee begins to work as a public defender. She hopes to return to her position at the law firm where she worked previously. As a public defender, she shares an office with fellow public defender Jwa Shi-Baek (Lee Kyu-Hyung).

Jwa Shi-Baek graduated from the Judicial Research and Training Institute as the top student. He had his choice of becoming a judge, prosecutor, or attorney at a big law firm, but he chose to work as a public defender. He is enthusiastic with his work and also has a mysterious part of his personal life that nobody knows about.

No Chak-Hee and Jwa Shi-Baek don’t get along very well, but they get involved in a serial murder case. The victims are wealthy elderly people.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-trailer-and-poster-for-disney-drama-may-it-please-the-court

• Like 3

Actor Ryu Seong-hyeon joins 'I'll Start Arguing'... Acting with Jung Ryeo-won

DXU72WB6NMMFHGCBI5U6HIRG7E.jpg

Management S, an entertainment company, announced on the 19th, "Actress Ryu Seong-hyun has been confirmed to appear in the Disney+ (plus) original series 'We'll Start Arguing' as Jo Hyun-sik, a vicious and snobbish pharmaceutical company."

Ryu Seong-hyeon takes on the role of Cho Hyun-sik, CEO of Kang Sung Pharmaceutical in this work. Jo Hyeon-sik is a vicious and snobbish person who dislikes Noh Chak-hee as a "parachute without a root".

In response, Ryu Seong-hyun said, "I am happy to appear in the original series of Disney+ (Plus)" and said, "I received the script and read it with great interest. I will do my best to contribute to the work with good acting. "

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/09/19/HQK53JB2VE36KPYZQAOESZV2KU/

• Like 3

I love this! 2 ep. went by like a breeze. That's when you know it's a winner. But it's just 2 ep. LoL. Basically it's off to a great start.

It reminds me a bit of "Why Her?" Oh Soo Jae. Though that drama fizzled out quickly. Hopefully it doesn't happen in this. Attorney Jwa look to be an incognito vigilante like the one from "Taxi Driver".

Jung Ryeo Won is a delight to watch LoL. Love her snappy comebacks & many eye roll reactions toward Attorney Jwa ha-ha. 

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] May It Please The Court/ Let’s Start the Defense,변론을 시작하겠습니다-Jung Ryeo Won & Lee Kyu-Hyung

Actor Lee Kyu-hyung announced a splendid transformation into a different kind of lawyer.

NISI20220922_0001091384_web.jpg?rnd=2022

In the online video service (OTT) Disney+ drama 'I'll Start Arguing', which was released on the 21st, for success, Noh Chak-hee (Jung Ryeo-won), a self-righteous lawyer who bites anything for success, and Jwa Si-baek (Lee Kyu-hyung), a special lawyer who doesn't care if he gets stuck. It is a court mystery that pursues the truth in the cases they face while working together.

https://mobile.newsis.com/view.html?ar_id=NISX20220922_0002023357

Jung Ryeo-won showed the colorful aspects of Noh Chak-hee's character in three dimensions and led the play in a chewy manner.

2022092210293708328d3244b4fed18217218513

https://m.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202209220175

• Like 3

May It Please the Court: Episodes 1-2 (First Impressions)

by meryl

please-_0.jpg

May It Please the Court introduces us to our heroine – an ace attorney — in what feels like a slow-paced yet quick start to the drama. After she uncharacteristically does a good deed, our heroine attempts to find her footing as her world is suddenly turned upside down.

Editor’s note: Coverage will continue with weekly hangouts.

EPISODES 1-2 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

MIPTC0102-11.jpg

Like with most dramas, this first week is all about setup. The show opens on a somber, rainy day as a slew of black cars head to a cemetery. Stepping out from the cars are a number of important-looking people, who all rush to greet the Jangsan Law Firm’s chairman before they pay respect to his late father. Standing up front with the chairman is his family: his son, his wife, and someone who is mistaken to be his granddaughter. It’s our protagonist NOH CHAK-HEE (Jung Ryeo-won).

She’s often mistaken as the daughter of the chaebol family for her tender and close relationship with the chairman, who actually treats her as his own granddaughter. That doesn’t win her brownie points with the rest of this snobbish group at all, and she’s usually treated with condescension.

The next day, at Jangsan Law Firm, employees are tense as they wait for the “Dark Lord” — yup, they’re talking about Chak-hee, known for her cutthroat personality and strict work ethic. Everyone is holding their breath once she arrives, but she immediately leaves after receiving a call.

Working up towards being a law partner, she’s currently working on a case for Kangsung Pharmaceuticals regarding their birth control pills, after a former employee accused the company of producing and distributing the drug while knowing of its side effects. Chak-hee’s on the hunt for evidence she can use in her argument for the case.

But cutting her work short is some office drama. As the board discusses her promotion to partner, Jangsan CEO JANG KI-DO (Jung Jin-young) calls her back to defend herself.

As established earlier on, the people around her don’t like her very much, and it seems Ki-do’s wife OH HA-RAN (Kim Hye-eun) has it out for her, questioning the validity of Chak-hee’s logged hours at work. Well, after they watch the CCTV footage of her office, where she logged 124 hours for just one case, they couldn’t say anything against her promotion. After the meeting, Ki-do tells her to do a good job so she can get what she wants. I don’t trust him. He has that sus vibe.

MIPTC0102-28.jpg

Elsewhere, we finally meet our other lead JWA SHI-BAEK (Lee Kyu-hyung), who gets accused of not having a job after he pilfers an ice cream from a small store while not paying for it. But as it turns out, he does have a job as a lawyer. He just doesn’t get paid much for it because he’s a public defender.

Entering a pharmacy, he purchases Kangsung’s birth control pills… and even swallows a couple himself?! The clerk looks at him weirdly, but Shi-baek does have a reason for doing that: he’s investigating the pill’s side effects because he’s the lawyer of the former employee suing the company.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2022/09/may-it-please-the-court-episodes-1-2-first-impressions/

• Like 2

The Disney+ drama 'Let's Start Arguing' begins the mystery of Jeong Ryeo-won and Lee Kyu-hyung.

7ef60d0c-7687-43c1-bac3-3caf755d5d1b.jpg

In Disney+'s original 'I'll Start Arguing', which was first released on the 21st, 'No Chak-hee' (Jung Ryeo-won), a single-minded lawyer at a large law firm 'Jangsan', who has the guts to bite anything if asked, is due to one 'good' choice. The process of being demoted to a public defender was depicted.

https://imnews.imbc.com/news/2022/enter/article/6412118_35708.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

May It Please the Court: Episodes 5-6 (Drama Hangout)

please_6.jpg

by DB Staff

Behold, your weekly Drama Hangout! We might not be covering this drama, but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a place to talk about it, whether that’s squealing with excitement or piling on the analysis.

This thread is exclusively for this week’s episodes and anything prior, so let’s try to keep it as a place to chat about what’s aired — not spoil future plot points for unsuspecting eyes.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/10/may-it-please-the-court-episodes-5-6-drama-hangout/

• Like 1

May It Please the Court: Episodes 7-8 (Drama Hangout)

by DB Staff

please_8.jpg

Behold, your weekly Drama Hangout! We might not be covering this drama, but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a place to talk about it, whether that’s squealing with excitement or piling on the analysis.

This thread is exclusively for this week’s episodes and anything prior, so let’s try to keep it as a place to chat about what’s aired — not spoil future plot points for unsuspecting eyes.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/10/may-it-please-the-court-episodes-7-8-drama-hangout/

• Like 1