Details

Director: Oh Hyun Jong

Writer: Moon Jung Min

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Release Date: December 20, 2021

Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 23:00

Plot:

“Just One Person” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go but in their attempt to take down “just one person,” they wind up meeting the most valuable person of their lives.

Cast:

Ahn-Eun-Jin-1.jpg

Ahn Eun Jin as Pyo In Sook

She is a woman who never got to enjoy her youth. Her parents divorced when she was young, and unable to find a proper job, she now works as a professional scrubber in a public bathhouse. On top of all this, she is diagnosed with a terminal illness. She was raised by her grandmother Yook Sung Ja. Her mother who promised to see her never came, and her father left to fulfill his dream of becoming a singer.

The One and Only

Kim Kyung Nam as Min Woo Cheon

He isa mysterious hitman who has walked a painful and difficult path in life.

The One and Only

Joy as Sung Mi Do

She is a famous SNS influencer, also doesn’t have much time left to live. With death close ahead of her successful life, she experiences various complex emotions.

The One and Only

Gang Ye Won as Kang Se Yeon

She is a housewife, who has led a pretty normal life without being noticed by anyone. She realises the rift between ordinary and stability that she believed and relied on so much only after being sentenced to death.

Ko Du Shim

Jang Hyung Sung

Baek Hyun Jin

Do Sang Woo

Ahn Chang Hwan

Support Cast:

Go Doo Shim as Yook Sung Ja

Trailers:

Spoiler

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] My One and Only Person / Just One Person - 한 사람만 - Mon & Tue @ 23:00 KST - Premieres december 20th - Kim Kyung Nam, Ahn Eun Jin, Joy & Gang Ye Won

Kim Kyung Nam Discusses His Character In “The One And Only,” The Romance He Will Portray With Ahn Eun Jin, And More

Dec 3, 2021 by L. Kim of soompi.com

Kim Kyung Nam is ready to touch hearts with his new role in upcoming JTBC drama “The One and Only”!

“The One and Only” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go – but in their attempt to take down just one person, they wind up meeting the most valuable person of their lives.

Kim Kyung Nam stars as Min Woo Chun, a mysterious hitman who has walked a painful and difficult path in life. He starts to change after meeting Pyo In Sook (Ahn Eun Jin), a stubborn and insensitive woman who is diagnosed with a terminal illness.

kim-kyung-nam-1.jpg

The actor described his character Min Woo Chun, saying, “He is an insensitive person with an empty life who loses his reason to live one day. He seems like someone who is extremely wary of people and is numb to emotions, but once he starts opening his heart, he approaches them with a pure heart. He is clumsy but honest, and although he isn’t expressive, he’s warmhearted.”

Kim Kyung Nam shared the lengths he went to in order to effectively portray his character. He commented, “At first glance, Min Woo Chun seems to be expressionless, but through my eyes and expressions, I wish that [I subtly conveyed] his sadness, pain, hope, and love from within.” He purposely tried a hairstyle that covered his forehead that would portray Min Woo Chun’s detached life. The actor added, “I wanted to create an image [that showed he’s] like a wounded and abandoned animal that grew up unloved.”

kim-kyung-nam-2.jpg

Kim Kyung Nam mentioned Min Woo Chun’s romance with Pyo In Sook, saying, “Min Woo Chun and Pyo In Sook, who have nothing more to lose in their desperate lives, will become each other’s light and rope.”

Lastly, the actor remarked, “I hope that people can heal their hurt, lonely, and bitter hearts through the character Min Woo Chun.”

kim-kyung-nam-3.jpg

“The One and Only” premieres on December 20 at 11 p.m. KST.

• Like 2

Ahn Eun Jin Talks About Her Character In “The One And Only,” Working With Red Velvet’s Joy, And More

Dec 2, 2021 by J. Ahn of soompi.com

Ahn Eun Jin spoke about her character in JTBC’s upcoming drama “The One and Only”!

“The One and Only” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go—but in their attempt to take down just one person, they wind up meeting the most valuable person of their lives.

Ahn Eun Jin stars in the drama as Pyo In Sook, a stubborn and insensitive woman who is diagnosed with a terminal illness. Sharing her thoughts on what she liked about the drama, the actress said, “When I first read the script, I remember I got completely caught up in reading it because of the fast-paced storyline.”

Ahn-Eun-Jin-1.jpg

Ahn Eun Jin also described her character, saying, “Pyo In Sook is someone who isn’t in touch with her own emotions, and she hasn’t learned how to form relationships with other people.” However, Pyo In Sook ironically learns a lot through the process of heading towards her own death. Her unfortunate destiny starts to become less unfortunate as she discovers love, friendships, comfort, and more along the way.

Using the phrase “going towards the light” to describe death, the actress remarked that her character’s destiny of facing death shouldn’t only be interpreted as a sad reality because it’s something everyone goes through. Quoting a specific line from the script, she added, “The only difference is whether you know when you’re going to die or not.”

ahn-eun-jin-2.jpg

Ahn Eun Jin commented on her concerns about the drama, saying, “I was worried about whether or not I could portray my character well, but I came to understand things on my own terms while receiving help from the director and the other actors.”

Describing the friendship Pyo In Sook builds with Kang Se Yeon (played by Kang Ye Won) and Sung Mi Do (played by Red Velvet‘s Joy), she said, “The scenes become more rich and colorful when the three of us are together. We’re really having a lot of fun during filming, and the atmosphere is very comfortable. Sometimes, I even like Mi Do and Se Yeon better than [Kim Kyung Nam‘s character Min Woo Chun].”

Finally, Ahn Eun Jin said to the viewers, “I hope that Pyo In Sook’s heartwarming journey and experience as she finds something truly precious can be a time that brings you comfort and peace.”

preview ep 1

• Like 2

Watch: Ahn Eun Jin, Red Velvet’s Joy, And Kang Ye Won Manifest Happiness In New Teaser For “The One And Only”

Watch: Ahn Eun Jin, Red Velvet’s Joy, And Kang Ye Won Manifest Happiness In New Teaser For “The One And Only”

Dec 6, 2021 by M. Kang

JTBC’s new drama “The One and Only” has revealed a new teaser!

“The One and Only” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go – but in their attempt to take down just one person, they wind up meeting the most valuable person of their lives. Ahn Eun Jin stars as Pyo In Sook, a woman recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. She joins Sung Mi Do (Red Velvet’s Joy) and Kang Se Yeon (Kang Ye Won) on a journey of realizing the meaning of life.

The video starts off with a voice saying, “As humans, we will all one day face death,” setting the tone for which the three women will navigate through what’s ahead to reevaluate their thoughts on death. Scenes from when the main characters first meet at the hospice show that they start off on the wrong foot. But this only adds to the continuing narration that explains life is full of opportunities to make new discoveries, love, and feel to the best of our abilities.

The teaser than shows glimpses of the fun adventures the women share, along with a voice-over that explains happiness can be found in the everyday moments and it’s a blessing to be able to identify these moments of joy. With Pyo In Sook smiling as she runs through the rain, the teaser concludes with encouraging words to keeping pushing through.

Kang Ye Won Discusses Her Character In “The One And Only,” What It’s Like To Work With Ahn Eun Jin And Red Velvet’s Joy, And More

Dec 6, 2021 by L. Kim

Kang Ye Won dished on her upcoming drama “The One and Only” that also stars Ahn Eun Jin and Red Velvet‘s Joy!

“The One and Only” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go – but in their attempt to take down just one person, they wind up meeting the most valuable person of their lives. Ahn Eun Jin stars as Pyo In Sook, a woman recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. She joins Sung Mi Do (Joy) and Kang Se Yeon (Kang Ye Won) on a journey of realizing the meaning of life.

Kang Ye Won described her character as an ordinary housewife that anyone can easily come across. She added, “Kang Se Yeon was practically forced to get married because her mom wanted it and her friends got married too. She naturally quit her job and started to take care of her sick mother-in-law at home. She is an exemplary person who faithfully carries out her duties without any complaints.”

kang-ye-won-1.jpg

Then one day, Kang Se Yeon completely changes after finding out that she doesn’t have much time to live. She realizes that her “normal” life isn’t normal at all. Kang Ye Won explained why she chose to star in this drama, saying, “I was mesmerized by the story of how Kang Se Yeon comes face-to-face with a true life, one that revolves around her, after suddenly ending up with a terminal illness.”

The actress meticulously prepared herself to express these character changes. In the beginning, she wears large horn-rimmed glasses and comfortable daily clothes to portray an ordinary housewife. She commented, “I made my voice small and shrank my posture to show how Kang Se Yeon is tired of reality and has low self-esteem. But when she gradually speaks her opinions and recovers her self-esteem, I spoke louder and stood up straighter to depict how she becomes someone who goes looking for herself.”

Kang Ye Won also talked about working with Ahn Eun Jin and Joy. She said, “I met both of them for the first time through this drama, and they have such great personalities that we were able to act comfortably from the first meeting, so it was great. As we have many scenes together, we got close quickly. We laugh a lot whenever we film. It’s always enjoyable because the atmosphere is so cheerful.”

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC’s new drama “The One and Only” has released a new poster showing the synergy of the three female leads!

“The One and Only” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go – but in their attempt to take down just one person, they end up meeting the most valuable person of their lives. Ahn Eun Jin stars as Pyo In Sook, a woman recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. She joins Sung Mi Do (Red Velvet’s Joy) and Kang Se Yeon (Kang Ye Won) on a journey of realizing the meaning of life.

The black-and-white poster gives a glimpse of the “womance” of Pyo In Sook, Sung Mi Do, and Kang Se Yeon. They gaze out into the distance with warm and meaningful smiles. Their deep eyes seem to contain unique stories, and viewers are eagerly awaiting to find out more about the drama that will penetrate their hearts.

Pyo In Sook, Sung Mi Do, and Kang Se Yeon all come from very different lives, but one thing they have in common is that have been alone all this time. After finding out about their terminal illnesses, they meet at a hospice where they learn what it’s like to rely on someone. The text on the poster reads, “Those who had never been a ‘we’ before have become a ‘we’ before death.”

the-one-and-only4.jpg

The production staff stated, “The three people who were lonely on the edge of their lives will become tied together through unexpected destiny and begin a miraculous journey. Please continue to pay attention to the premiere of ‘The One and Only’ that will give you warm laughter and resonance in the cold winter.”

“The One and Only” premieres on December 20 at 11 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503831wpp/ahn-eun-jin-kang-ye-won-and-red-velvets-joy-go-on-a-journey-before-their-time-is-up-in-the-one-and-only-poster

• Like 4

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2021-2022] My One and Only Person / Just One Person - 한 사람만 - Mon & Tue @ 23:00 KST

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Ahn Eun Jin’s Drama “The One And Only”

Dec 18, 2021, by S. P

There’s only one day left until the premiere of JTBC’s “The One and Only”!

“The One and Only” is an emotional romance drama about three terminally ill women who meet at a hospice. They decide that before they die, they want to take down one bad guy before they go – but in their attempt to take down just one person, they end up meeting the most valuable person of their lives. Ahn Eun Jin stars as Pyo In Sook, a woman recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. She joins Sung Mi Do (Joy) and Kang Se Yeon (Kang Ye Won) on a journey of realizing the meaning of life.

Below are three reasons to tune into the drama.

1. The characters’ miraculous journey

Pyo In Sook, Sung Mi Do, And Kang Se Yeon have never had the chance to find their own places in life. However, after finding each other at the hospice Morning Light, they finally feel like they belong. Although they set out with the intention to take down just one person before their deaths, what seems like a simple goal grows increasingly complex and full of unexpected turns, eventually leading to them being stuck in the same boat as suspects in a murder case.

The three women are expected to become increasingly valuable to each other as they go through this strange and miraculous journey together. Anticipation is already building as drama fans await the story of the three women whose lives get entangled up in a chance crime and a case that gradually derails.

the-one-and-only-13.jpg

2. Pyo In Sook and Min Woo Chun’s melodramatic romance

Pyo In Sook and Min Woo Chun (Kim Kyung Nam) seemingly meet by fate at the lowest points of their lives and are instantly drawn to each other. On the brink of despair and with nothing else left to lose, they become sources of hope and light to each other. Pyo In Sook and Min Woo Chun are also caught up in a murder case as a suspect and a witness, respectively. This twist of fate adds another layer to their melodramatic romance, as they both know that they would willingly give themselves up for each other. The risky romance between the pair will definitely be one point to look out for in the drama.

The-One-and-only-11.jpg

3. A heart-warming story that transcends comedy and tragedy

“The One and Only” writer Moon Jung Min commented, “When face-to-face with death, humor might be the most important skill,” hinting at a script that will take an in-depth look at the character’s emotions while also rising above the genres of comedy and tragedy.

Meanwhile, director Oh Hyun Jong is known for expressing fine-tuned emotions through unique camerawork in dramas such as “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo,” “Two Cops,” and “Find Me in Your Memory.” Such detailed and expressive camerawork is certain to compliment the unique and intricate emotions conveyed through the script.

• Like 3

Guys, this is pretty good. (It's on Viki.)

The premise is sad, and it's really sad already, but I am so engrossed by the story.

Ahn Eun-Jin. She is awesome here. The other cast members are great, too.

Kim Kyung Nam - he is back in his element. Broody and thoughtful. (Way to shake off the s**tshow that was Revolutionary Sisters. I respect you again!)

• Like 1

I didn't really plan to watch this. I do like Chuchu AEJ, but I don't really know the other casts and this drama sounds like it is going to be a super tragic melo which isn't exactly what I need right now. I ended watching because the other drama choices sounded less attractive.

Surprise, surprise! The first two episodes, despite the heavy theme, were quite light with some comedic moments in between. The is also the mystery about MWC's character - what does he do, what does his company do etc. And then the hospice. It is also a somewhat mysterious premise. And if you don't get enough of crazy Baek Hyun Jin (boy! Isn't he a busy one this year!?) of Taxi Driver, Devil Judge, Happiness, he's back here with his shenanigans, but way toned down from his usual level of whininess.

Considering the theme, the obvious assumption is that this drama will be a waterfall fest especially towards the finale, but seeing the first 2 episodes, I think there is a chance that it will be an enlightening and profound journey. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Hi, I'm starting to watch this drama, too (despite knowing that it's bound to shatter my heart to bits).  And I'm watching for Kim Kyung Nam because he completely impressed me in Come Here and Hug Me--from what I saw there, he is a brilliant actor with a wide range, and I want to see what he can do here.  This sounds like a great role for him.

• Like 2

Is no one watching this show? Apparently not because the ratings are now below 1%!

Of course, this isn't a time slot that gets a lot of ratings anyway (Mon/Tues at 11 PM).

And I've loved many shows that weren't ratings hits. But this is still sort of depressing.

Because it's so good!

• Like 2

It has been difficult for me to find it with subs.  I don't subscribe to any streaming sites so I have to wait for it to be posted on free sites, and that has been taking a long time.  When it finally gets posted, I find that I've forgotten to watch!  I'm planning to binge the available episodes soon.  It's awful that the ratings are so low.

• Like 2

I am really enjoying this show. I like the chemistry between the leads, even if I know this relationship is heading towards disaster. 

The influencer girl is starting to annoy me whenever she keeps trying to place the crime on someone new. However, I do like her in other scenes so we shall see how it all evens out. 

• Like 3

I didn't plan on watching the show. The hospice theme is sad, I didn't like the director for the last three projects. I started looking by chance and immediately watched 4 episodes. As the actors said, there is a very dynamic plot. The main characters have excellent chemistry! I look and rejoice. The script pushes too hard on pain points, completely JTBC channel style. I don't like it, but I look anyway, a wonderful couple.

The ratings in this slot are low. The previous idol drama also had ratings below 1%. It is not so much the on-air rating that is important here, but the popularity rating on the Internet, the rating of mentions of the actors and the drama.

• Like 3

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #3): The Most Memorable Characters, Best Abs, and Worst Endings / Biggest Drama Disappointments of 2021

Please vote!

Now you can also vote for:

• the most memorable characters 2021
  • best abs 2021
  • worst drama endings / biggest drama disappointments of 2021

Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

I really love this show, and it's getting better with every episode!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508185wpp/3-reasons-viewers-cant-get-enough-of-red-velvets-joy-in-the-one-and-only

Joy is so good in this role. She plays someone who seems very shallow and image-obsessed on the surface, but she conveys a lot of different emotions with just a little flicker of expression.

Of course, the other two are amazing as well. I'm just so in love with Ahn Eun-jin as In-sook, and just want to give her lots of hugs. She is amazing in this role.

It's almost getting too hard to express how much I am loving this show. The subject matter is very depressing and perhaps why this show has such terrible ratings, because no one wants to see something so maudlin these days. And trust me, aside from the characters with the terminal diseases, life is soooo tough and sad for quite a few other characters as well. But everyone feels so very real, and every moment feels so earned and precious. And it's even quite funny from time to time. (Love the head nun, Magdalene!)

It's just a lovely show. I hope it becomes like "Melo is My Nature," a show that people come to appreciate beyond the ratings. That show had bad ratings (never broke 2%) but gained a second life by being available on Netflix in Korea, and people appreciate it for being very well-acted and well-made. I hope this show can be appreciated like that one day, because it's just so good.

8 episodes have aired and there are 8 more to go. Halfway point, and I can't wait to watch next week.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1