[Drama 2023] Mask Girl ♢ 마스크걸 - Go Hyun Jung / Nana / Lee Han Byul - Netflix

Maetawinz

Netflix DRAMA   

Mask Girl

마스크 

%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%812.jpg

Drama:  Mask Girl 
Hangul:  마스크걸

Director : Kim Yong-hoon (Beasts Clawing At Straws)

Writer 매미 / 희세 (Comic)

Writer : Mae Mi (webtoon), Kim Young Hoon

Network: Netflix 

Episodes: 7

Release Date: August 18, 2023
Runtime: 1h
Language: Korean

Story  

Kim Mo-mi is an ordinary office woman with a severe sense of inferiority

in appearance, and is caught up in various incidents

while as an internet broadcasting BJ with her face covered with a mask.

Cast 

style_619f5121a67bb-741x930.jpeg

Go Hyun Jung

pypB7S7Wpja3mgfT2iAEKcR7uXp.jpg

Jae-Hong Ahn

AVvXsEiXM6qHNTyp4ruNLq0mXpdiMo294LS38Wt560MwHJBj9niATWrWW7nHbfUjokViuDrodk3vUnk6_41_db3_1w9sZPgoCQuPsIkGjgyNRVnLKTg86IJ1wrc9ZfuktqzEwWZuhodsUaTFUOsylYdtjMf_j3_xkTvPLE3l9Opcg0qfZkl4U7gbivV70cC4

Yeom Hye Ran

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Maetawinz said:

I really love this comic.

I am contemplating watching this because of Go Hyun Jung. The drama sounds interesting but I don`t understand something. She has a severe inferiority complex after plastic surgery looking like Nana?

I did not find any news about Nana casting in this drama (it was one in Ten Asia but it was deleted) but I found news about the male lead.

Jae-Hong Ahn confirmed to star in Netflix's 'Mask Girl'

BF.28160272.1.jpg

Actor Ahn Jae-hong has been confirmed as the male lead in the Netflix original series 'Mask Girl'.

According to a broadcaster on the 25th, Ahn Jae-hong will appear as the male lead in 'Mask Girl'. 'Mask Girl' is based on a Naver webtoon and depicts the twisted life of Momi Kim, an office worker woman who has a strong sense of inferiority to her appearance. It is the next film directed by Kim Yong-hoon of the movie 'Beasts That Cling to Straw', and Ko Hyun-jung has confirmed the appearance as the main character.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2021112553564

• Like 3

@larus I think they change story from comic a lot because in comic Mo-mi just 29 years old. i can't imagine about new story that adapt to suit GHJ age. And comic is very fun and dark make me excited about this project.

Thank you for another casting news my friend. :biubiu:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Mask Girl ♢ 마스크걸 - Go Hyun Jung / Jae-Hong Ahn

Go Hyun-jung, Ahn Jae-hong in talks for new Netflix comedy-thriller

by tccolb

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/ghjajh.jpg

Netflix is planning a new original comedy-thriller called Mask Girl and has made offers to actors Go Hyun-jung (Reflection of You) and Ahn Jae-hong (Be Melodramatic).

Mask Girl is based on a well-received webtoon that ran from 2015-2018, and was written by Mae-mi and illustrated by Hee-se. The story is about a woman who struggles with an inferiority complex, and it explores how her experiences shaped her insecurities and the lasting effect it has had on her life.

If she accepts, Go Hyun-jung will be taking on the main role of Kim Momi. Although she’s a well-known vlogger, Momi always wears a mask when appearing on camera, keeping her face hidden because of her painful past.

The part offered to Ahn Jae-hong will be one of Go Hyun-jung’s love interests. The two used to work together at the same company where Momi was bullied for being ugly.

On the production side, Mask Girl will be helmed by film director Kim Yong-hoon (Beasts Clawing at Straws). Once casting has been finalized, filming is set to begin early next year.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/go-hyun-jung-ahn-jae-hong-in-talks-for-new-netflix-comedy-thriller/

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Mask Girl ♢ 마스크걸 - Go Hyun Jung / Jae-Hong Ahn Confirmed

Netflix confirmed cast line-up.

o Hyun-jung, Ahn Jae-hong and Yeom Hye Ran

XqcPf7c.jpg

Verified

마스크로 얼굴을 가린 채 BJ로 활동하던 김모미. 그가 의도치 않은 사건에 휘말리게 됩니다.

고현정이 사건 이후의 모미로, 안재홍이 모미를 짝사랑하는 오남으로, 염혜란이 오남의 엄마로 찾아올 <마스크걸>, 곧 넷플릭스에서.

#마스크걸 #MaskGirl #고현정 #KoHyunJung #안재홍 @aahnjaehong #염혜란 #YeomHyeRan #넷플릭스 #Netflix

• Like 3

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Mask Girl ♢ 마스크걸 - Go Hyun Jung / Jae-Hong Ahn / Yeom Hye Ran Confirmed

Go Hyun Jung, Ahn Jae Hong, And Yeom Hye Ran Confirmed To Star In New Webtoon-Based Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 3, 2022
by S. Nam

Go Hyun Jung, Ahn Jae Hong, and Yeom Hye Ran will be starring in the upcoming Netflix series “Mask Girl” (literal title) together!

“Mask Girl” is based on the webtoon of the same name which gained great popularity for its unique characters and refreshing plot. The drama will be about an ordinary employee named Kim Mo Mi who is insecure about her looks. Every night, Kim Mo Mi is active as an internet broadcasting jockey (BJ) who works while covering her face with a mask. “Mask Girl” depicts Kim Mo Mi’s turbulent life story that unfolds when she unintentionally gets swept up in an incident.

Go Hyun Jung will be playing the leading role of Kim Mo Mi. The actress will be making a new drastic transformation after having done so in the past through “Reflection of You,” “My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2,” “Dear My Friends,” and more. When she was young, Kim Mo Mi dreamed of becoming a celebrity, but she has always been dejected because her appearance does not fit the image of a celebrity. Although she suffers from an inferiority complex, she feels great delight when she puts on her masks and transforms into an internet BJ. Viewers are excited to see how Go Hyun Jung will use her gentle charisma to portray Kim Mo Mi and her strong resolve to do whatever it takes to achieve one goal in her turbulent life.

Ahn Jae Hong, who previously impressed with his roles in “Time to Hunt,” “The King’s Case Note,” “Melo Is My Nature,” and “Fight My Way,” will be playing Kim Mo Mi’s coworker Joo Oh Nam who harbors a one-sided crush on Kim Mo Mi. As a character who also feels inferior about his appearance and lacks presence in general, Joo Oh Nam’s only source of joy is watching internet broadcasts. He will get swept up in an unexpected incident with Kim Mo Mi.

Having showcased her great ability to interpret characters through “The Uncanny Counter,” “When the Camellia Blooms,” “Live,” and more, Yeom Hye Ran will be taking on the role of Joo Oh Nam’s mom Kim Kyung Ja. In addition to being born unlucky, Kim Kyung Ja divorced her husband and only lives to look after her son. After her son goes missing, she quickly puts her broken heart together and begins to search for Joo Oh Nam.

“Mask Girl” will be helmed and written by director Kim Yong Hoon, who won the Tiger Competition special jury award at the 49th International Film Festival Rotterdam for his crime thriller “Beasts Clawing at Straws.” The series will be produced by Bon Factory of “True Beauty,” “Encounter,” “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” “Master’s Sun,” and more.

Stay tuned for more updates about the drama!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511190wpp/go-hyun-jung-ahn-jae-hong-and-yeom-hye-ran-confirmed-to-star-in-new-webtoon-based-drama

February 3 2022

Ko Hyun-Jung, Ahn Jae-Hong, & Yum Hye-Ran cast in Netflix drama “Mask Girl”

Mask_Girl-tp01.jpeg

Ko Hyun-Jung, Ahn Jae-Hong, and Yum Hye-Ran are cast in Netflix drama series “Mask Girl.” The drama series is based on webcomic “Mask Girl” by Mae Mi. In “Mask Girl,” Ko Hyun-Jung will play office worker Kim Mo-Mi. After work, she puts on a mask and streams herself as online personality Mask Girl. Ahn Jae-Hong will play Joo Oh-Nam. He is Kim Mo-Mi’s co-worker. Yum Hye-Ran will play Kim Kyung-Ja. She is the mother of Joo Oh-Nam.

Release date for “Mask Girl” has not yet been revealed.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kim Mo-Mi (Ko Hyun-Jung) is an ordinary officer worker. When she was a child, she dreamed of performing on a stage, under bright lights. As she has aged, she gotten “ugly,” but she is proud of her good looking body. After her workday, and when she is at home, she puts on a mask and streams a live broadcast of herself as Mask Girl. She gets involved in an unexpected case.

Joo Oh-Nam (Ahn Jae-Hong) is Kim Mo-Mi’s colleague at work. He has a complex of about having an ugly appearance. He is a fan of Mask Girl and learns Ko Mo-Mi is actually her. He has a crush on her and becomes involved an unexpected case with Kim Mo-Mi.

Meanwhile, Kim Kyung-Ja (Yum Hye-Ran) is the mother of Joo Oh-Nam. After she divorced, Kim Kyung-Ja raised her son alone. He is the most precious thing in her life. One day, her son goes missing. Kim Kyung-Ja begins to search for his whereabouts.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Does anyone know when the series will officially stream? Is it in June, 2022 or June, 2023? Will be grateful if someone clarify the date!

If this drama will air in Netflix, we don`t know the date for sure unless they will announce it officially. I read that the airing date could be June 2023 But It is not official.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, larus said:

If this drama will air in netflix, we don`t know the date for sure unless they announce it officially. I read that the airing date could be June 2023 But It is not official.

Yes, I also read the news that it's June, 2023. Filming is scheduled from February 2022 to August/ September 2022. Hopefully more details will be revealed soon. And I didn't know Nana was among the cast?? Is she a supporting role? I don't see her as a lead though... Guess I will watch this series for Nana and for Daniel's guest appearance as a bonus. :lol:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And I didn't know Nana was among the cast?? Is she a supporting role? I don't see her as a lead though.

I don`t know if she accepted the role. Probably she did. She will play a small part, the heroine in the younger years. 

As I mentioned before, I don`t like this secrecy about casting. The official confirmations came late or not come at all and only when the drama aproaches airing we`ll hear some news, including the casting.

Yeom Hye Ran will aprear in this drama but she was mentioned last year that she will be in drama Cleaning Up also. Recently, we heard that she won`t appear in it because another actress took the role. I thought she was filming for both dramas. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I am not sure about that @gm4queen.

17 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Yes, I also read the news that it's June, 2023. Filming is scheduled from February 2022 to August/ September 2022. Hopefully more details will be revealed soon. And I didn't know Nana was among the cast?? Is she a supporting role? I don't see her as a lead though... Guess I will watch this series for Nana and for Daniel's guest appearance as a bonus. 

Thanks for the info.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
by lo_ve, May 6, 2022

Choi Daniel will reportedly star in another drama!

On May 6th several media outlets reported that Choi Daniel will be joining the cast of the upcoming Netflix original series "Mask Girl.

Last month, it was reported that Choi Daniel is joining the upcoming SBS drama "Today's Webtoon." For this month, Choi Daniel is reportedly booked again for a new drama. 

Choi Daniel will reportedly join Go Hyun Jung, After School's Nana, Ahn Jae Hong, and Yeom Hye Ran in the upcoming Netflix original series "Mask Girl."

"Mask Girl" will base its story on the webtoon of the same name written by Maemi and illustrated by Hee Se. It will tell the story of an ordinary office worker with an appearance complex. She has a hidden identity at night. She works as an internet broadcasting BJ with a mask on every night. An unintended incident will happen while she is working as a BJ. 

The upcoming series will be directed by Kim Yong Hoon who also helmed "Beasts Clawing at Straws" and "Yoon Hee." It will be produced by Bon Factory ("True Beauty," "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim," "Master's Sun," and more.)

Go Hyun Jung will play the role of Kim Mo Mi, the ordinary office worker during the day and masked BJ at night. Nana will play the role of Kim Mi Mo, she changed her appearance after getting involved in the unexpected incident.

Choi Daniel's character will have a strong presence in Kim Mo Mi's life. The actor's agency hasn't responded to the casting reports.

"Mask Girl" will reportedly premiere in 2023. 

6DlNj_2f.jpg

If Choi Daniel confirms his casting for "Mask Girl," this will be his first drama for 2023. For this year, the actor will be part of two dramas. 

He is set to star in the upcoming series "Flying Butterflies" with Kim Hyang Gi, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, Park Jung Woo, and Moon Tae Yu, and "Today's Webtoon" with  Kim Se Jeong and Nam Yoon Su

Choi Daniel last appeared in the 2018 drama "The Ghost Detective." 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/choi-daniel-will-reportedly-be-added-to-the-cast-of-mask-girl

• Like 2
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, larus said:

Choi Daniel's character will have a strong presence in Kim Mo Mi's life.

I am really surprised that they officially announced his appearance in the series. So this may be more than a guest role or a cameo? I guess he is already done filming his parts! So looking forward for more details! :)

Heard that the cast and crew will be filming for the drama until September 2022. Any on-set photos available?? Curious!

• Like 2