Quick Poll: K-Drama Seasons

confusedheart

Quick Poll: K-Drama Seasons   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these K-Dramas with multiple seasons did you like the most? (Choose at least 4 or as many as you want)

• Age of Youth
    • Chief of Staff
    • Dr. Romantic
    • Queen of Mystery
    • I Need Romance
    • Hospital Playlist
    • Kingdom
    • Let’s Eat
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)
    • Love Alarm
    • School
    • Stranger / Forest of Secrets
    • The Penthouse
    • The Sound Of Your Heart
    • Ugly Miss Young-Ae
    • Vampire Prosecutor
    • Voice
    • Welcome To Waikiki
    • Anything else? (Please comment.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2021 at 06:00 PM

22 hours ago, confusedheart said:

What did you think of the ending? I was devastated when Yumi broke up with Woong. I want Woong as my BF

For Mr Queen as I said, I need to see the CHEF+Queen CP lol, I can do without the King, was really not fond of him or the other always looks like he is crying SML even when in the original Kdrama version lol.

Yumi Cells- Woong was shown with a such impact and he genuinely is a caring guy, I mean I do love Woomi but at the end of the day I did get why she broke up, the guy just never really talked his insecurities out. I am team YUMI whatever suits her cells I am up for it .<If somehow Woong achieves Nirvana and realizes and fesses his error and tries to chase her with more sincerity , in an Ideal World I want that though, but ala>

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

Love ft marriage lah. Hahaha (I would never come to Soompi if not because of this drama :kiss_wink:)

I have no objection if they want to continue this until season 10 lol :joy: 

typing in the drama thread about this feels like gossiping my neighbors marriage problems. Hahaha. Feels like not important gossip but we want to continue to know. Kepo tanpa batas lol

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 1

Many of the latest Kdrama have worked with Netflix for multiple seasons production. I am not surprised that this trend will continue appearing in the next few years. This is how they entice the audience and also to test the market. Very smart strategy. Look at the Squid game, My name, Sweet home, The Uncanny Counter...all will be having S2 soon.

I don't mind to have S2 or S3 or S4 for the following :

1. Taxi driver ( i love the OST too)

2. D.P.   (this confirmed will have S2)

3. It's Okay to Not Be Okay

4. Arthdal chronicles S2

5. Signal 

6. Stranger S3

7. The World of the Married (2020) -currently open ending

8. Hot Stove League - open ending shown new position offered to male lead - higher chance for S2 if there is any... but may not be baseball club anymore.

9. Black Sun (The Veil)

10. Undercover

11. Kingdom S3

12. I need romance S4 (it seems like sex and the city plot)

Hot Stove League - i just binge watched this drama and was fascinated by the storyline, was left speechless by the well written plot.  I knew nothing about baseball. But now I have a better understanding on how the newly hired project director (Nam Goong Min) manages and runs the baseball club from the bottom of the league and works toward success. The journey in front of him was a long and winding road with many heavy rocks obstacles to overcome.

The entire process for the revival of the club was lengthy but interesting from the selling of top skilled player to another club; recruiting foreign aid talents and negotiating the annual package salary with the team members (when their budget is cut); finding the most suitable venue for training and practising (due to the season change), and managing the baseball players if they ever took the prohibited drugs (banned substances), and many more.

The story is not about the matches, nothing about the romance, but it is more on the resolving conflicts and negotiating techniques by the Project director and his supporting team. Most importantly, it's also the synergy teamwork, the best quote to describe this drama is " If you want to walk fast, walk alone, if you wish to walk far, walk together."

There is so much I learned and connected with this drama because they have portrayed it in an intriguing manner which make the audience, like me, who don't watch baseball game, but will fall in love with this drama and the plot, and of course the wonderful cast too :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, willenette said:

If I heard or read one I always wonder what’s up with the decision to air k-dramas in seasons. One season is one of the things I like best about k-dramas.

I agree with all you said in your post. I have the same opinion. One of the things I liked about kdramas from the beginning was the format of one season, with relatively few episodes. I want to see a drama with a proper ending. I see that they have started to make seasonal dramas if one drama was succesful. If the writer has more stories to tell , OK. People could watch or not, it`s their decision. The new season should have a diferent case/ story. I hate when things are not finished (or end in a cliffhanger) and the audience  doesn`t have the certainty the second season will be produced. I don`t know if people watched the OCN crime series Special Affairs Team TEN. The second season was in 2013. To this day, we don`t have season 3  and the main mystery was not resolved. It sucks. I hope I will never experience this again. I felt like I wasted my time with the other two seasons.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

@LeftCoastOppa Vagabond! Not surprised. Seeing how you actively promote that pigeon in all the events. Me thinks, you want a second season just to watch Inzaghi, the pigeon. Important question. Do you want a second season with the same cast, meaning the pigeon? What if it is not available? :lol: Will you accept another pigeon in its place? On a serious note, I never pegged you as a CLOY fan.  :scream: That was a revelation. @agenth is the only chingu, I know who is crazy about Lovestruck in the City and I bet she wouldn't mind another season too, as long as her oppa reprises his role. :Pandabulous:

@Ayame That was a shame. Because Jang Hyuk being such a versatile actor really aced his role. I wish he would reconsider.

@larus How about Move to Heaven? That has a lot of potential. I wouldn't mind watching human interest stories like that.

@partyon I don't think I want another season of Secret Love. The angst is its USP and I don't want to have any other memory of it. Goong, well... we didn't get to know how the princess was expecting. One needs to investigate the matter.

@Sunset Have you watched Queen of No Marriage? That is one T-Drama whose season I'd watch. I have another favourite, 'Autumn's Concerto' but I ended alright. So no need for season 2. But it definitely is one of my favourite T-dramas. You have Gong Yoo in your DP and you didn't mention Goblin/ Coffee Prince?:scream:

@maribella Is there any daily drama you wish to see another season of? Are you liking the remakes of the older popular dailies?

@frozentundra Oh wow! Thanks for sharing the video. :fullofhearts:I never knew that. I loved the two leads in the drama and always wanted to know how they fared in life.

@liddi Added 'Missing Noir M' to my list of dramas to watch. I have heard a lot about this. @Sunset is looking forward to a new season too.

@willenette is there any drama whose ending you were dissatisfied with?

@Newbie21SG That sounds like an interesting idea. Drama Gods and Goddesses, do pay heed.

@madmad min Yeah, if only he voiced his insecurities. He had too much of that $@$$% pride.  I don't think he is achieving nirvana and redeeming himelf and that just breaks my heart. But Ahn Bo Hyun is soooo tall and hunky. :heart2beat:

For Mr Queen as I said, I need to see the CHEF+Queen CP lol, I can do without the King, was really not fond of him or the other always looks like he is crying SML even when in the original Kdrama version lol.

This will be a dream come true!:issohappy:

@Gumiho I salute your patience chingu. That drama put me through the ringer for two seasons. I don't even want to go there. What was that ending about? Did we miss anything? :crazymad:

@lebeaucouple

Hot Stove League - open ending shown new position offered to male lead - higher chance for S2 if there is any... but may not be baseball club anymore.

This! Why can't we have another season? It is just perfect for another season. I was pretty reluctant to watch this drama because I am not into sports etc. But it was a NGM drama and I thought I'd give it a try. Let's just say, I never regretted my decision.  I agree with every word you have written about the drama. It is one of his best works.  Doctor Prisoner was another of his masterpieces. Though tbh, I liked him since his Beautigul Gong Shim, Good Manager Days. He has his unique styles and breathes life into each of his characters. Yes, I am his fangirl. :bashful:

@larus You need to watch Love ft Marriage and Romance to understand what wasting one's time means. I guess chingus @partyon and @Sleepy Owl will agree here. If we ever have an award for most bizarre story, it will win hands down.  :hwaiting2:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

24 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

@larus How about Move to Heaven? That has a lot of potential. I wouldn't mind watching human interest stories like that.

I forget about this one. :D Yes, Move to Heaven is a drama that is compatible with multiple seasons. Each episode with a case and develop the relationship between the main characters.

Added 'Missing Noir M' to my list of dramas to watch. I have heard a lot about this.

You can join me and @Sleepy Owlin watching the series starting this weekend. I rewatch it. If they did not make a second seasons after so many years I don`t think they will. But it is alright.

You need to watch Love ft Marriage and Romance to understand what wasting one's time means. I guess chingus @partyon and @Sleepy Owl will agree here. If we ever have an award for most bizarre story, it will win hands down. 

Nope. I don`t touch the play button for this type of drama. I hate the genre.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

45 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

@lebeaucouple

This! Why can't we have another season? It is just perfect for another season. I was pretty reluctant to watch this drama because I am not into sports etc. But it was a NGM drama and I thought I'd give it a try. Let's just say, I never regretted my decision.  I agree with every word you have written about the drama. It is one of his best works.  Doctor Prisoner was another of his masterpieces.

I have watched both Stove League and Doctor prisoner drama, but I prefer the earlier one as the plot is more practical and realistic. Doctor's storyline is out of realistic if you recalled it, although it was an exciting and unexpected plot.

If there is a second season for Stove league, I would prefer to have another project (not necessary must be a baseball club) that he can assist for those small and dying company that may require to do mergers and acquisitions. Most people think that M&A only good for the businessmen or shareholders, what about turn around the table, look at different perspectives for the employees...

Is it true that the value created by M&A is greater than the value it does not create, and strong execution is still the key to success for the company as a whole? If the scriptwriter can present the way in details like what he did for the baseball club, it would be interesting to watch as well. The last time I watched was the hotel acquisitions in "The Hotelier" :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, liddi said:

Signal - it's coming to 6 years, and I am still holding on to KEH's promise that she wants the sequel as long as the original cast are all on board. We need to see our intrepid trio finally together, in the same frame, in the same timeline. Can we have this in 2022?

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

13 hours ago, liddi said:

Children of Nobody - Kim Sun-a herself revealed that this was the first drama she completed that she wanted a S2 badly of. There are still so many unanswered questions, so perhaps not so much a sequel, but a prequel, showing us the events leading up to S1, which will allow the revival of the characters who died...

larry wilmore yes GIF by The Nightly Show

7 hours ago, madmad min said:

Chingu, did you watch original Go Princess Go? Lots of material in that one to make a Mr. Queen season 2. :glasses:

6 hours ago, Gumiho said:

Love ft marriage lah. Hahaha (I would never come to Soompi if not because of this drama :kiss_wink:)

I have no objection if they want to continue this until season 10 lol :joy: 

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, madmad min said:

The cdrama version right? FROM where Mr Queen is adapted from, it's not available at my place sadly.

Yes! I think I watched it on YT though…

Maybe it isn’t available there anymore :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

@LeftCoastOppa Vagabond! Not surprised. Seeing how you actively promote that pigeon in all the events. Me thinks, you want a second season just to watch Inzaghi, the pigeon. Important question. Do you want a second season with the same cast, meaning the pigeon? What if it is not available? :lol: Will you accept another pigeon in its place? On a serious note, I never pegged you as a CLOY fan.  :scream: That was a revelation. @agenth is the only chingu, I know who is crazy about Lovestruck in the City and I bet she wouldn't mind another season too, as long as her oppa reprises his role.

While I am a genuine supporter of the Mafia pigeon, Vagabond is not Vincenzo :lol:  However, if there were to be a second season of Vincenzo, it would be unwatchable without Inzaghi :glasses:  #pigeonpower!

Yes, serious CLOY fan, mostly for the second leads - still rewatch certain parts/episodes to this day

Lovestruck in the City was a joy to watch in the way they used cuts and wall-break dialogue, if they could capture that again, I'd be watching.:blush:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Lovestruck in the City was a joy to watch in the way they used cuts and wall-break dialogue, if they could capture that again, I'd be watching

Omo! Mr. Oppa, you're a Lovestruck in the City fan too? Like @agenth? Who has been looking for other people who love LITS and promoting it like crazy?

And she still mowed you down using the Truck of Doom?

:loolz:

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! Mr. Oppa, you're a Lovestruck in the City fan too? Like @agenth?

now announcing the prequel of Soompi Survival Games: The Story of an Eternal Warrior starring @LeftCoastOppa

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

That was a revelation. @agenth is the only chingu, I know who is crazy about Lovestruck in the City and I bet she wouldn't mind another season too, as long as her oppa reprises his role

A season 2 of Lovestruck may be possible. It was hinted with Episode 17, but it would be a new cast. Even though there won't be ji chang wook magic (you can find that on Netflix Annarasumanara, coming in 2022!), I'd still watch Season 2 if the format would remain the same. I really liked the dialogues, too. 

FE5-Bk-CHVk-AIh2-S5.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

... thanks for reminding me of that ... "chingu" :rolleyes:

(... don't use the "unamused" button ... do not use the "unamused" button ...)

6 minutes ago, agenth said:

now announcing the prequel of Soompi Survival Games: The Story of an Eternal Warrior starring @LeftCoastOppa

:kiss_wink:

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

Late to the party. There are many dramas that I want to have a second season, will list the ones I remember :exercice:

1. Vagabond - I mean the way they ended the drama, they either wanted to troll us, or planned the second season. No way a drama can end this way. But it has been years since this happened, so I am no longer hopeful. @LeftCoastOppa I knew you would mention this one too :joy:
  2. Arthdal Chronicles - It started pretty interesting, in the middle episodes of season season I was pretty sure that this drama will need to have more episodes. I read somewhere that the writers had written this drama to be 54 episodes long (three 18 episodes long seasons), and going by that, they literally aired only one with the story being nowhere actually. Even the writers are actually professional Sageuk writers having worked together for some big Sageuks (Tree with Deep Roots, Six Flying Dragons, Queen Seondeok), and I feel they tried their hands on a new thing. Which was good on paper, and even on screen, but maybe since it didn't do that well in ratings, they didn't really go further.
  3. Queen of Mystery - The Second season ended with the revelation of the big baddie, so by no means will I believe that we will not have a third season. We got to have a third season to conclude the brilliant first 2 seasons. Hopefully we will get this one soon. 
  4. Signal - Same goes with this one. They ended it the way that it will surely have a second season, and had us all wait for it. Hopefully we will get the long awaited one in 2022, but I hope that it will have the same main cast.
  5. Kingdom - I didn't really watch its prequel movie starring Jun Ji Hyun, but what I want is the third season. They could have very easily concluded the drama in second season, but somehow planned for next one. For now, from what I know we will another movie on the Crown Prince. 
  6. Scarlet Heart - It is not the second season I hope to see, but it would be good if they did. 

Another one for which I wanted a second season was "Bad Guys" since its second season was more like a spin off, and not the actual sequel. But the "Bad Guys" movie kind of made up for it. Still it would be great to have one :hooray:

5 hours ago, larus said:

You can join me and @Sleepy Owlin watching the series starting this weekend. I rewatch it. If they did not make a second seasons after so many years I don`t think they will. But it is alright.

Yup, this drama has been in my watchlist for long. IT will be fun watching it together :piggydance:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

If only she would know this before, @LeftCoastOppa Chingu would have won with the Truck of Doom literally moving over all the players in the first day itself :loolz:

5 hours ago, confusedheart said:

@larus You need to watch Love ft Marriage and Romance to understand what wasting one's time means. I guess chingus @partyon and @Sleepy Owl will agree here. If we ever have an award for most bizarre story, it will win hands down.  

Nope, I will not recommend that drama to anyone now, not after the "GREAT" second season :sweats:

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I have watched both Stove League and Doctor prisoner drama, but I prefer the earlier one as the plot is more practical and realistic. Doctor's storyline is out of realistic if you recalled it, although it was an exciting and unexpected plot.

I completely agree with you Chingu on this. Doctor Prisoner was more like the ML calculating all kinds of possibilities and literally impossible to fool. It was like he had planned everything and everything went his way (even when it looked like it didn't). So it was interesting that way, but if we are to talk about realism, "Stove League" surpasses it without a doubt. 

Overall both were great dramas. In between them, Stove League has got a higher chance to get second season, with ML going into another club of maybe even some other sports. Last I remember he went into a football club. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, agenth said:

A season 2 of Lovestruck may be possible.

I think they did announce that there would be a few "Lovestruck in the City" short series, all done by the same PDnim, if I recall correctly. This PDnim did "It's OK to Not Be OK" which is why I wanted to see LITC :wub:. He has a good eye.

@LeftCoastOppa I saw a truck of doom in "Secret (Love)" (watching with @agenth with regular clarifying commentary by @partyon and @confusedheart)....and thought of you. :tears:

:lol:

Poor thing.

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

If only she would know this before, @LeftCoastOppa Chingu would have won with the Truck of Doom literally moving over all the players in the first day itself 

:joy: Preventing evil by pre-emptively taking down all those who would do evil to you....is it justifiable?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Stove League 

@Sleepy Owl

For the ending part, the english translation site mentioned it would be a new sport (other than baseball club), while another local language translation site mentioned broadly that it would be a "new category", it did not mention "sports", only revealing that the male lead was going to meet the management for a new challenge post if he accepted it. So it is possible that you mentioned football club or other sports. I personally prefer to work on other arena, if i used the  translation "new category" - this will provide a route to tap on new markets and I am sure the male lead can do well based on his business acumen skills, although he still lack of social skills. Don't we find it familiar to have such person in any workplace organisation? I am looking forward to have S2 if it ever comes true.

@confusedheart

I totally agreed with you that no regret to watch it although i was late. I thought it was dried by looking at the baseball game, but the story came out with a surprise to me...:D

SInce you are the loyal fans of Nam Goong Min, have you watched his latest drama, The Veil?

The next one if i have more time, i will watch hospital playlist....but not now.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2