Quick Poll: K-Drama Seasons

confusedheart

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these K-Dramas with multiple seasons did you like the most? (Choose at least 4 or as many as you want)

• Age of Youth
    • Chief of Staff
    • Dr. Romantic
    • Queen of Mystery
    • I Need Romance
    • Hospital Playlist
    • Kingdom
    • Let’s Eat
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)
    • Love Alarm
    • School
    • Stranger / Forest of Secrets
    • The Penthouse
    • The Sound Of Your Heart
    • Ugly Miss Young-Ae
    • Vampire Prosecutor
    • Voice
    • Welcome To Waikiki
    • Anything else? (Please comment.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2021 at 06:00 PM

As we gear up for the season to be jolly, I wondered about all the K-drama seasons we have watched together and desperately prayed to K-Drama gods and goddesses to grant us a new season after we bid goodbye to them. Therefore, is it any surprise if an announcement of a new season makes us squeal and jump in excitement?

So Cute Hehe GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Recently, there has been a bloom of K-Dramas with multiple seasons and a lot of new projects are already in the pipeline. Be it the internationally acclaimed thriller, 'Squid Game' or rom-coms like 'Yumi's Cells'.  We love our K-dramas and more the seasons, the merrier we are.

5 reasons why we love K-dramas | SBS PopAsia

So, do vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons.

Is there any drama that you wish to see the second season of? Do let us know why you wish to see it. 

"As with all Quick Polls, you only have 36 hours to vote! "

OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple) - Page 1233 - shippers'  paradise - Soompi Forums

Tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @Amirr  @larus @sadthe1st @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Lara2020  @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee  @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637  @BinjinFangirl @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool  @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @kittyna @joybran @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie  @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe  @booha @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Mocharel  @pauliza @Lj @princessaves   @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101  @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @tothestars  

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena @NYdoc  @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat  @Calli  @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed  @iluvcalculus  @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.  @fanofr  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve  @Ching Geraldizo  @Ameera Ali @Emily Bett @willenette   @rocher22 @MayanEcho @Wuzetian @larus @gm4queen @sadthe1st @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC- @jangmi92_ @dashling_ice @jessdsc @aimeeyoung @arushi nair @Songbae @D27Gjk68 @Winny   @Sunset @youactlikeicare @stella_512 @Kdramabae @Yumiyue @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00 @Chibi8535 @inaho101 @Madu Mita  @JungRok @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz @miss_vicky @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd 

Please feel free to reach out to us, your friendly neighborhood EOs with your suggestions for events, including Quick Polls.

re : Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team:  @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth  @confusedheart

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 6

Hah First one? Lol

I want second season of well.

1. Yumi's Cells <actually I need a third season>

2. Scarlet Heart Goreyo <Just because yes it needs one>

3. Mr. Queen , I need to see the Chef as the hero this time with SHS lol.

4. The Heirs ...lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, Emily Bett said:

I would have given up my non-existent first born for a second, third, fourth, and twentieth season of Goblin, not gonna lie

I honestly thought Touch Your Heart and The King were Second season and AU version respectively of Goblin with the similarities they held, not even kidding lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

9 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I honestly thought Touch Your Heart and The King were Second season and AU version respectively of Goblin with the similarities they held, not even kidding lol.

I totally agree with you. TYH felt like Goblin fan fiction haha while TK totally had Goblin vibes!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

I didn't even think of School as a multiple season drama, but huh, I guess it is. That's the only one I voted for.

Sorry for the contrary opinion (hides under a chair), but I strongly hope Kdramas do NOT go the way of western multi-season shows. It's one of the core reasons I prefer Kdramas. I want a satisfying beginning, middle, and ending, and really hate the western way of running seasons on and on with no true payoff, until the public gets bored and the story ends right there. I would be especially sad if my favorite dramas got a second season, as those are the one where the characters came through a lot and resolved their problems. It would feel like undoing all the progress they made. 

I suppose multiple seasons might work if it's all one story and you really do have a firm end point? Or if it's like the School ones--same world, but a different story with a different set of characters. 

As for Touch Your Heart, I totally saw it as the second life of Sunny and Reaper (awww)--but that's not quite the same as a whole new season of the same thing. More like fan fiction, or a spinoff. :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 5

:waves: guys!

Thank you @confusedheart chingu for tagging me! I haven't seen many of the drama series on the list but still managed to vote for some. :joy:

And aside from the list given: 

The only drama of my favorite guy Choi Daniel that I desperately want to have a second season so far is The Ghost Detective. Wish I can see him come back alive as a human and perform more ghost hunting! 

- And as @rocher22 said, definitely need a second season for Awaken. The ending scene of Namgoong Min in the last episode is everything! The man is keeping himself hiding, away from the world.

That's all! :D Hope you guys have a lot more to share! :getmygrooveon:

Anyway, it's already midnight for me so have fun yourselves, everyone! I am out! ❤️

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

I'll take Seconds of these dramas -

- Vagabond ... and actually end it this time!

KOREAN BEAUTY SALON DUBAI | DIGITAL PERM SALON: 배가본드 VAGABOND | korean new  drama

- Lovestruck In The City ... don't know if they can capture the lightning again, but I'd like to see them try

Lovestruck in the City: Release date and delays explained for Netflix  K-drama

- Sell Your Haunted House ... In Beom is a powerful psychic because he's with Ji-A, not because he's a virgin, time to lose the blue salt :wub:

Sell Your Haunted House | Series Review

- Crash Landing On You ... I want this 2nd season most of all ... Gu Seung Jun had all the resources and intelligence necessary to survive the warehouse shootout ... FIX THIS ... give Seo Dan & Seung Jun the happy ending they deserved.

SEO DAN x GU SEUNG JUN by iameii1705 on DeviantArt

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 2

Among the dramas listed on the poll, 'Voice' is what I voted for. I did enjoy Season 4 and I'm curious how Season 5 will be.

Other dramas that I want a 2nd season of are probably:

• Awaken
  • Tell Me What You Saw

Looking at it, I realize all of these dramas (including 'Voice') are thriller/mystery dramas. Even though I would say 70% of the time I watch romance, when it comes to romance, I'm fine with one season (unless the plot ended really badly or something lol). Plot-wise, I think thriller/mystery dramas have a lot more leeway to still make it interesting for multiple seasons.

Although I think Jang Hyuk coming back for 'Tell Me What You Saw' seems unlikely since he didn't go back after season 1 of 'Voice'.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

@madmad min  Yes to both Yumi and Mr Queen. I wish that switch didn't happen at the end of the drama in Mr. Queen. What did you think of the ending? I was devastated when Yumi broke up with Woong. I want Woong as my BF.  :wub:

@Emily Bett Thank you for pointing that out. I am a new fan of Gong Yoo since watching Squid Game. 

@partyon Thank you. :kisslevel:That's what she is , chingus.  She has been patiently fixing so many of my mistakes. 

Spoiler

Knight In Shining Armour GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

@frozentundra I agree with you. Not fan of seasons, but at the same time I would love to watch what happened to my favourite characters after a season ended. Because This is My First Life' is one such drama.  

@rocher22 Haven't watched any of these dramas but the screenshots you've chosen definitely piqued my interest and am adding to my list of 'To Watch'. Simply loved the screenshot from 'Memories of the Alhambra'.

@gm4queen Chingus, you are the only one I know who loves NMG. As we know one @partyon fails to see how charming and handsome he is!:criesariver: I loved Ghost Detective. It was a bit sad but overall, a great drama. Good mix of mystery and thriller.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I don`t really want multiple seasons to any kdrama. Maybe one. Stranger/ Forest of Secrets. The drama has the format I like. The same leads (and a few other characters), a new case. 

By the way, I Need Romance is not a drama with multiple seasons. Every one is a distinct new drama with different plot and cast. Just the writer is the same and sometime the PD. :D

Another drama I could have more seasons, is Partners for Justice. Investigative/crime shows with different case each season can have more then one seasons.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I have many dramas that I would like to have multiple seasons of:

1) Goong / Princess Hours. I really want to see our couple as proper adults. Please make it happen, drama Gods. :please:

2) Secret (Love). I need to see our couple building their life together and having lots and lots of cute babies. :kiss_wink:

3) Flower of Evil. Lee Jun Ki's character had character development throughout the series, but it had a huge twist in the end. I would like to see Lee Jun Ki oppa's character finding happiness.

4) Signal. This masterpiece needs a season 2. Why don't we have it yet? They've been teasing it for years. :kicks:

2 hours ago, confusedheart said:

As we know one @partyon fails to see how charming and handsome he is!

Not true, I find them cute. :kiss_wink:

Hungry Food GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

• Like 5
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I'll take Seconds of these dramas -

- Sell Your Haunted House ... In Beom is a powerful psychic because he's with Ji-A, not because he's a virgin, time to lose the blue salt :wub:

Hahhahaa!

------

The only drama that I have watched with two seasons would be Taiwanese drama ISWAK and TKA and I loved it so much. I probably revisit it atleast once every year.

-----------

I want a second season only in one drama and that is "Missing Noir M"

They just left us hanging.

I loved that drama so much...No nonsense, not many loop holes. Just pure raw psychological crime drama.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, confusedheart said:

I agree with you. Not fan of seasons, but at the same time I would love to watch what happened to my favourite characters after a season ended. Because This is My First Life' is one such drama.

You are in luck there. :) They have a cameo in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. (Spoiler warning especially for BTIMFL):

It's so adorable, I had to watch it several times.

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

Not necessarily multiple seasons, but I definitely need a 2nd season for the following:

Signal - it's coming to 6 years, and I am still holding on to KEH's promise that she wants the sequel as long as the original cast are all on board. We need to see our intrepid trio finally together, in the same frame, in the same timeline. Can we have this in 2022?

Misaeng - the sequel had been announced a while back, but no further news since. While our original Sales Team 3 is no longer a part of One International, we need to see all of them together again soon. Please?

Children of Nobody - Kim Sun-a herself revealed that this was the first drama she completed that she wanted a S2 badly of. There are still so many unanswered questions, so perhaps not so much a sequel, but a prequel, showing us the events leading up to S1, which will allow the revival of the characters who died...

Missing:The Other Side - S2 was officially announced Apr this year as being in the works but with no confirmation on direction and casting yet. Please bring back our favourite duo. And please let JPS hear about his daughter from the souls who knew her before she was found. He deserves that and so much more..

Law School - Just because I can never get enough of our Hankuk Law Squad.

Missing Noir M - Practically every single case shattered my heart, some more than others. To go through that, and have literally no closure is unbearable. Please bring them back.

Also, am particularly anticipating Kingdom S3 to see Ashin going up against Yi Chang, 180 degree change in dynamics compared to their characters' relationship in Jirisan. Can't wait!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t really want multiple seasons to any kdrama. Maybe one. Stranger/ Forest of Secrets. The drama has the format I like. The same leads (and a few other characters), a new case. 

By the way, I Need Romance is not a drama with multiple seasons. Every one is a distinct new drama with different plot and cast. Just the writer is the same and sometime the PD. :D

Another drama I could have more seasons, is Partners for Justice. Investigative/crime shows with different case each season can have more then one seasons.

@larus like you, I don't really dig season 2, part 2, remakes, sequels of any K-dramas because for me, nothing could surpass the original. If I heard or read one I always wonder what’s up with the decision to air k-dramas in seasons. One season is one of the things I like best about k-dramas. It keeps things compact and you're getting a full story with a beginning and a proper ending— Hence, we expect some kind of conclusion and when it concludes, we generally don't expect a season two, but rather feel the satisfaction of closing the book on one story and going into the next. For me a satisfying and timely conclusion is part of the enjoyment. Cutting into a continuous story—that wasn't meant to be cut in that manner—breaks the momentum. Usually, remake is almost as bad as it sound. When a highly successful drama gets milked by adding an episode or two, even those are a stretch, which the additional story can and usually disturb the pace of the storytelling. Besides, it is difficult to hire the same actor for another production. Actors have different schedules, and sometimes you end up getting some of the original actors but have to replace the rest. It is even harder to hire the same writer and producer for the second season. Writer usually completed their story in the initial drama. There were no more story, at least from the storyteller's point of view. Or worse, the one that does have more story to tell, will have to change a lot or some of the cast, which is difficult for continuity of the story. It’s a risk to create a second season. The second season may not end up being popular because it lies in the shadow of expectations that the previous amazing season did. Then the show might get a lot of strong criticism from fans who want that original actor, who complain that the replacement actor was terrible in comparison to the original. And you just can’t help but compare the second season to the original. Besides, what makes a good drama is that you’re satisfied with it. You should be satisfied with the way it ended. Just saying..............my opinion here. :kaching1:   If my biases go into this, there's nothing really for me to do but support them, whatever. :kaching3:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 5

Second season for Signal please....

Maybe a crossover of Signal with Stranger :)

1 hour ago, liddi said:

Not necessarily multiple seasons, but I definitely need a 2nd season for the following:

Signal - it's coming to 6 years, and I am still holding on to KEH's promise that she wants the sequel as long as the original cast are all on board. We need to see our intrepid trio finally together, in the same frame, in the same timeline. Can we have this in 2022?

I echo this! The Japanese version has a movie in summer this year that somewhat attempts to continue the story from where it's left hanging.

https://asianwiki.com/Signal_The_Movie

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1