[Drama 2022] Café Minamdang/Minamdang: Case Note, 미남당

larus

Kang Mina Shares Why She Was Drawn To “Café Minamdang,” The Details Of Her Character, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 15, 2022
by L. Kim

Kang Mina gave a deeper look of her role in upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Café Minamdang”!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo stars as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

Kang Mina plays Nam Han Joon’s younger sister Nam Hye Joon, who is free-spirited and energetic with a hidden brainiac side. She was once a genius hacker in the NIS, but she was spontaneous and reckless enough to suddenly announce her resignation to become a professional gamer.

Regarding why she chose to star in “Café Minamdang,” she explained, “I was attracted to the genre and character that I have never tried before. I was also impressed by Nam Hye Joon’s characteristics as a former genius hacker in the NIS.”

She continued about her character, saying, “As you can tell by her bright red hair, she’s an unpredictable character. It’s really fun to live as a spontaneous and reckless person through Nam Hye Joon.”

Kang-Mina.jpg

Kang Mina continued to show affection for her character, saying, “Nam Hye Joon has a strong personality and spits out swear words without hesitation, but I thought a lot about how to show how she’s warm inside. Since she’s a character who you don’t usually come across, I wanted to interpret her in my own way.”

The actress described “Café Minamdang” as gukbap (rice with soup), explaining, “Just like how you say it’s refreshing when you eat gukbap, I hope ‘Café Minamdang’ can provide pleasant and fresh fun with its hot investigation story.”

“Café Minamdang” will premiere on June 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531021wpp/kang-mina-shares-why-she-was-drawn-to-cafe-minamdang-the-details-of-her-character-and-more

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Café Minamdang/Minamdang: Case Note, 미남당-Seo In-guk,Oh Yeon Seo & Kwak Si Yang -Mon & Tue- Premieres on June 27

Kwon Soo Hyun Shares What Drew Him To “Café Minamdang,” Details About His Character, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 18, 2022
by L. Kim

Kwon Soo Hyun talked about his upcoming drama “Café Minamdang” and his character!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo stars as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

Kwon Soo Hyun portrays the skillful and sharp prosecutor Cha Do Won of the Western District Prosecutor’s Office. He’s polite and kind to everyone, but he also has the ability to make people freeze with his intense charisma and cold smile. Cha Do Won puts up an iron wall around him, but life takes an unexpected turn when he gets entangled up with the unpredictable people of Café Minamdang and Han Jae Hee.

Kwon-Soo-Hyun-1.jpg

Kwon Soo Hyun shared what drew him to the drama, saying, “I thought it was a perfect drama for this era when everyone has become tired for different reasons. The things that were most attractive to me were the quick plot developments and comedy points that give us room to breathe during our tough lives. Café Minamdang is full of stories that are light but not entirely light.”

He also discussed his character Cha Do Won, saying, “He is a cool-headed but clumsy character. He is a cute character who is far from the heavy image of a prosecutor. I tried to show a new side, like clumsiness, that is different from a calm and serious prosecutor.”

He continued, “Cha Do Won is also like a benefactor who always follows Han Jae Hee wherever she is and helps her. I think he goes to the police station more than the prosecutor’s office.”

Kwon-Soo-Hyun-2.jpg

Kwon Soo Hyun described “Café Minamdang” as a comma, explaining, “‘I think ‘Café Minamdang’ is a comma-like drama that can give you a break in these difficult times. I hope many people can breathe and rest together.”

“Café Minamdang” will premiere following the conclusion of “Bloody Heart” on June 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531549wpp/kwon-soo-hyun-shares-what-drew-him-to-cafe-minamdang-details-about-his-character-and-more

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Seo In Guk And Oh Yeon Seo Share Glimpse Of Their Intriguing Chemistry In “Café Minamdang” Poster

KBS’s upcoming drama “Café Minamdang” has unveiled a new poster starring the two lead actors!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler, and Oh Yeon Seo as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

In the newly released poster, Nam Han Joon and Han Jae Hee exude completely different vibes, amping up curiosity about their teamwork.

The two characters are posing against the backdrop of a setting that is reminiscent of a shaman. Han Jae Hee stares ahead with a serious expression, while Nam Han Joon has a mischievous smirk on his face. The text on the poster reads, “A shaman? You must be kidding me. You’re definitely hiding something!” This gives a hint about their relationship as well as raises interest for their polar chemistry.

Oh-Yeo-Seo-Seo-In-Guk.jpeg

Nam Han Joon and Han Jae Hee will show stark differences in the investigation process, but they will solve the cases in a reckless yet calm manner, so drama fans are looking forward to how the fraudulent male shaman and detective will get justice together.

“Café Minamdang” will premiere following the conclusion of “Bloody Heart” on June 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Seo In Guk And Oh Yeon Seo Share Glimpse Of Their Intriguing Chemistry In “Café Minamdang” Poster | Soompi

• Like 2

Seo In-gook fans his way into Oh Yeon-seo’s heart in KBS’s Cafe Minamdang

by tccolb

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/0006158176_001_20220615083802977.jpg

Counting down to the premiere next week, KBS’s Cafe Minamdang has been laying out their last round of promos including colorful new posters (with some beautiful fans!) and a video teaser.

The comedy-mystery assembles an odd bunch of justice fighters, ranging from the “mystical” shaman Nam Han-joon – played by Seo In-gook (Doom at Your Service) – to the more conventional law enforcer, Detective Han Jae-hee – who is played by Oh Yeon-seo (Mad for Each Other).

Kwak Shi-yang (IDOL: The Coup)’s Gong Su-cheol joins the team as a detective with a side job as a barista at Shaman Nam’s cafe. What would the team be without a good hacker, though? That’s where Kang Mina (Moonshine) comes in. She plays Nam Hye-joon, who is also our Shaman’s younger sister.

The teaser begins with an introduction to our larger-than-life Shaman Nam, who announces his decision to open a cafe. Detective Han is skeptical about Nam’s new-found abilities, but we see business is booming and Nam is aided by his hacker sister as well as Detective/Barista Gong.

Although Detective Han vows to take our shaman down, Nam confidently asserts that it’s a win-win situation; he can help people and make money. He tries to put an end to their seeing each other ever again, but we hit our cue for a quintessential drama moment and the teaser comes to a close.

Written by Park Hye-jin (Ruler – Master of the Mask) with PD Go Jae-hyun (Will You Have Dinner With Me) at the helm, KBS’s Cafe Minamdang premieres June 27 in the Monday-Tuesday slot and will be available internationally on Netflix.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/seo-in-gook-fans-his-way-into-oh-yeon-seos-heart-in-kbss-cafe-minamdang/

• Like 2

Seo In Guk, Kwak Si Yang, Kang Mina, And Baek Seo Hoo Make A Colorful Team In “Café Minamdang”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 25, 2022
by L. Kim

Get ready for the brilliant chemistry of the “Café Minamdang” actors!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo stars as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

Kwak Si Yang plays Gong Soo Chul, a barista at Minamdang, and Baek Seo Hoo plays the handsome and lovable Jonathan whose personality is quite bizarre. Kang Mina takes the role of Nam Han Joon’s younger sister Nam Hye Joon, a free-spirited and energetic character with a hidden brainiac side.

The newly released stills capture the closeness of the Café Minamdang team. As always, Nam Han Joon shines with his extraordinary fashion, and he wears a confident smile on his face as he holds a colorful fan to his face. Gong Soo Chul is wearing a bright grin on his face, and the happy and puppy-like Jonathon sticks to his side like glue. On top of that, Nam Hye Joon’s innocent beam is contagious and makes those who see it break into a smile as well. The four characters walk confidently while showing off their respective charms, amping up curiosity about their chemistry.

Seo-In-Guk.jpeg

Baek-Seo-Hoo-Kwak-Si-Yang.jpeg

Spoiler

Kang-Mina.jpeg

Cafe-Minamdang.jpeg

The drama’s production team remarked, “In the first episode, Nam Han Joon, Gong Soo Chul, Jonathon, and Nam Hye Joon, who have unique personalities that you can’t see anywhere else, will show fantastic teamwork. With Nam Han Joon in the center, the members of Café Minamdang will provide viewers much entertainment with no time to be bored. Please check out their amazing chemistry on this show, and please pay attention to the passionate acting of Seo In Guk, Kwak Si Yang, Baek Seo Hoo, and Kang Mina.”

“Café Minamdang” will premiere on June 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1532779wpp/seo-in-guk-kwak-si-yang-kang-mina-and-baek-seo-hoo-make-a-colorful-team-in-cafe-minamdang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

3 Reasons To Tune In To New Comedy-Mystery Drama “Café Minamdang”

There’s only one day left until the premiere of “Café Minamdang”!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo stars as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

Kwak Si Yang plays Gong Soo Chul, a barista at Minamdang, and Baek Seo Hoo plays the handsome and lovable Jonathan whose personality is quite bizarre. Kang Mina takes the role of Nam Han Joon’s younger sister Nam Hye Joon, a free-spirited and energetic character with a hidden brainiac side.

Here’s a list of three reasons to get excited for the upcoming drama!

1. A lineup of unique characters

The drama will include characters such as Nam Han Joon, a narcissistic shaman with a unique fashion sense, and Han Jae Hee, who is skilled in the art of both investigation and action-packed showdowns. Joining the lineup are also the barista Gong Soo Chul and the legendary hacker Nam Hye Joon, as well as the prosecutor Cha Do Won (Kwon Soo Hyun).

Scriptwriter Park Hye Jin commented, “While writing ‘Café Minamdang,’ I paid the most attention to the characters. I’m grateful to the cast whose portrayals went above and beyond my expectations. The viewers and actors alike will be able to feel the hard work they put into it.”

Cafe-Minamdang2.jpg

2. An unpredictable rivalry

Another key point of interest will the the conflict between the staff of the fortune-telling house Minamdang, who don’t shy away from rule-breaking and unconventional methods, and the law-abiding violent crimes squad. Nam Han Joon’s history as a profiler as well as Nam Hye Joon’s past in the National Intelligence Service will aid them in their quest to satisfy the needs of their customers, albeit in unexpected ways.

A rivalry will also come to light when they have a run-in with detective Han Jae Hee, who never steps out of line. As different as night and day, it will be interesting to see how these characters will influence each other’s lives.

3. A mix of comedy and thrills

The drama is set to offer catharsis to viewers as the characters beat down people who are even more evil and scary than ghosts. The thrill of the chase will be accompanied by some great comedic synergy between the characters and is certain to bring laughter to those watching.

“Cafe Minamdang” premieres on June 27 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Cafe-Minamdang-11.jpg

3 Reasons To Tune In To New Comedy-Mystery Drama “Café Minamdang” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Seo In Guk Is A Profiler-Turned-Shaman Who Knows Just How To Cater To His VIP Clients’ Needs In “Café Minamdang”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Café Minamdang” has shared another glimpse of Seo In Guk in his unique starring role!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a new comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo will star as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

As a highly sought-after shaman with VIP clients, Nam Han Joon uses his sharp instincts and professionalism to figure out his clients’ needs and find solutions to their problems. Due to his unparalleled talents, the shaman is said to be able to steal even the most discerning and powerful VIP clients’ hearts in the blink of an eye.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Nam Han Joon meets with one of those VIP clients—a CEO by the name of Kwon (played by Woo Hyun), who humbly kneels before the shaman as he seeks his advice. Observing the CEO with a keen eye and an intimidating aura, Nam Han Joon brazenly makes the Korean hand signal for money as he requests compensation for his services. 

Caf%C3%A9-Minamdang3.jpg

The producers of “Café MInamdang” teased, “Episode 1 will reveal just how profiler-turned-shaman Nam Han Joon satisfies his clients. We hope that you’ll tune in to find out Nam Han Joon’s professional methods for precisely assessing his clients’ needs and satisfying them. Please show lots of love for Nam Han Joon, who will steal the hearts of not only his VIP clients but also our drama’s viewers.”

“Café Minamdang” will premiere on June 27 at 9 p.m. KST.

Seo In Guk Is A Profiler-Turned-Shaman Who Knows Just How To Cater To His VIP Clients’ Needs In “Café Minamdang” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Seo In Guk, Oh Yeon Seo, And Kwak Si Yang End Up At The Same Place In “Café Minamdang”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Café Minamdang” has shared an intriguing sneak peek ahead of its premiere!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo will play Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice, while Kwak Si Yang will play Gong Soo Chul, a barista at Café Minamdang.

The newly released stills depict Nam Han Joon and Gong Soo Chul meeting Oh Yeon Seo for the first time. Nam Han Joon regards Oh Yeon Seo with coldness, whereas Gong Soo Chul stares at her with a suspicious gaze. Han Jae Hee looks flustered by their unpredictable reactions, and they engage in a subtle war of nerves. The three end up working on the same case that seems to become more and more mysterious as they try to solve it. It will be intriguing to see how their relationship changes and what kind of chemistry they’ll portray as they try to find a solution.

Oh-Yeon-Seo-Seo-In-Guk-Kwak-Si-Yang-800x

Kwak-Si-Yang-Seo-In-Guk-800x800.jpg

Spoiler

Seo-In-Guk3-800x800.jpg

Oh-Yeon-Seo1-800x800.jpg

The drama’s producers remarked, “Nam Han Joon, Han Jae Hee, and Gong Soo Chul will meet in the first episode through an important event. The atmosphere of the three people facing each other in an unusual situation will be one of the comical moments in the drama. In particular, please look forward to the mysterious comic investigation process that will be created by Seo In Guk, Oh Yeon Seo, and Kwak Si Yang, and we hope you will not miss the first episode that airs today.”

“Café Minamdang” will premiere on June 27 at 9 p.m. KST.

Seo In Guk, Oh Yeon Seo, And Kwak Si Yang End Up At The Same Place In “Café Minamdang” | Soompi

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Cafe Minamdang, Extraordinary Attorney Woo

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/PW_06272022.jpg

We made it through the June drama barrage, and this week we meet our final two premieres of the month. From Seo In-gook to Park Eun-bin, I don’t know which one to grab first; too much excitement!

Cafe Minamdang

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/minamdang_pw.jpg

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Comedy, mystery
Episode count: 18

Reasons to watch: I dare anyone to not love Seo In-gook — you might not love all of his drama choices, but it’s hard to deny how talented he is. And now he’s back! As a profiler who runs a coffee shop and pretends to be a shaman to solve cases. What’s not to love about this setup? With Oh Yeon-seo, Kwak Shi-yang, and Kang Mina as a part of his team and/or coffee shop, the drama seems like it will be high on characterization (which I love), and full of a lot of fun.

TL;DR: Seo In-gook comeback, coffee shop, mushroom hair, should be hilarious

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/premiere-watch-cafe-minamdang-extraordinary-attorney-woo/

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Café Minamdang” Premieres To No. 1 In Ratings

KBS2’s “Café Minamdang” has joined the race for ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 27 premiere of “Café Minamdang” garnered an average nationwide rating of 5.7 percent, marking a promising start close to the score of 6.3 percent achieved by the premiere episode of its predecessor “Bloody Heart.”

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a new comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo co-stars as Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

“Café Minamdang” Premieres To No. 1 In Ratings | Soompi

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Café Minamdang/Minamdang: Case Note, 미남당-Seo In-guk,Oh Yeon Seo & Kwak Si Yang -Mon & Tue

Seo In-guk, "A profiler who disguises himself as a shaman and digs out the truth"

AKR20220627133500005_01_i_P4.jpg

The KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama 'Beautiful Man', which depicts a former profiler who uncovers the truth under the guise of a shaman Park, will premiere on the 27th at 9:50 pm.

Seo In-guk, who plays the role of genius profiler Nam Han-jun in the drama, said at an online production presentation on the 27th, "It's a role that transforms into a shaman to reveal the truth." In addition, he deceives the client."

He continued, "As soon as I saw the script, I thought that Nam Han-joon was me." He said, "I thought I would never meet a character who was a shaman from a former profiler again, and I wanted to express this character as 'Seo In-guk-hwa'."

Actress Oh Yeon-seo will play the role of gangster detective Han Jae-hee, who will collaborate with Seo In-guk and create a fierce romance.

Oh Yeon-seo said, "Jae-hee is a just, honest, and confident character," she explained. She said that the action scenes were not easy as she was acting as a strong team leader, but what was more difficult was having to digest a dignified character among the seniors.

Oh Yeon-seo laughed, saying, "In the play, Han Jae-hee (the role I'm playing) has a higher rank than Jeong Man-sik, so I give orders to seniors.

AKR20220627133500005_02_i_P4.jpg

Actor Kwak Si-yang takes on the role of barista Gong Soo-cheol, and singer and actress Kang Mi-na plays Nam Han-jun's younger brother and genius hacker Nam Hye-joon, and takes on the role of Nam Han-jun's strong assistant.

Kwak Si-yang said, "Gong Soo-cheol is a pure-hearted person who works as a barista during the day, but at night he shows off his former detective without regrets," said Kwak.

Kang Mina also predicted her acting transformation, saying, "If I had shown bright, cute, and bouncy charms before, this time I put down a lot of things and acted."

'Beautiful Man' is a work based on the popular web novel 'The Handsome Man - Case Note', and there are also characters that are not in the original, such as the versatile third-generation chaebol and prosecutor Cha Do-won. Kwon Soo-hyeon, who played Cha Do-won, said, "He looks cool on the outside, but he's also blunt and cute."

Producer Ko Jae-hyeon, who was in charge of directing, said that 'The Handsome Man' is a mystery-comic investigative drama that stands for a complex genre.

“Comic, thriller, and emotion are all in one scene,” said the PD. Meanwhile, the 'Handsome Party' is being accused of unfairly dismissing some of the staff who demanded compliance with the Labor Standards Act.

Eight former staff members of the 'Beautiful Party' claimed that they were forced to work 15 to 16 hours a day and were fired for refusing contracts after demanding improved working conditions.

In this regard, the producer explained that it complied with the Labor Standards Act and that it was an agreed termination of the contract, not an unfair dismissal. At the production report on that day, no related content was mentioned.

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20220627133500005

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kwon Hae-seong to make a special appearance in 'The Handsome Man'... villain transformation

image_readtop_2022_562748_16563698545089

Actor Kwon Hae-seong will make a special appearance in 'Beautiful Namdang'.

On the 25th, Acom MyNT announced, "Kwon Hae-seong will make a special appearance in the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama 'Beautiful Namdang', which will premiere on the 27th."

'Handsome Party' is based on the original work of 'The Handsome_Case Note', which won the grand prize at the Kakao Page Mobile Novel Contest, and is a comical investigation drama about a former profiler and current shaman Park Soo-Dang. Actor Seo In-guk and Oh Yeon-seo play the lead role.

In the play, Kwon Hae-seong plays the villain Go Joo-won and gives a chameleon-like performance, showing off a short but strong impact.

Kwon Hae-seong is active in various dramas and screens such as 'Devil Judge', 'Oh Hae-Young Again' and 'Beauty Inside'. 'Beautiful Man' will be broadcasted for the first time at 9:50 pm on the 27th.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/06/562748/

• Thanks 1

Oh Yeon Seo And Her Team Face Difficulties With Their Investigation In “Café Minamdang”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 28, 2022
by S. Nam

tvN’s new drama “Café Minamdang” shared stills previewing the upcoming episode!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Café Minamdang” is a comedy-mystery starring Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman who used to be a profiler. Oh Yeon Seo plays Han Jae Hee, a detective in the violent crimes unit who is passionate about justice.

Spoilers

Previously, Nam Han Joon was told by his VIP client Lee Min Kyung (Hwang Woo Seul Hye) that her husband Shin Kyung Ho (Kim Won Shik) was acting suspicious, so he requested Nam Hye Joon (Kang Mina) to investigate. Discovering that Shin Kyung Ho committed a hit-and-run, Nam Han Joon used his profiling skills to find the location the victim was hidden at and reported it to Han Jae Hee’s team.

The newly released stills capture team leader Han Jae Hee and her team with deep dark circles under their eyes as they’re unable to tear their eyes away from the computer. They concentrate deeply on finding evidence, raising questions about what will happen in the upcoming episode.

Jang Doo Jin (Jang Man Shik) tilts his head back in suffering, hinting that the investigation isn’t going the way they intended, while Kim Sang Hyeop (Heo Jae Ho) shares a meaningful conversation with Han Jae Hee with a serious expression.

Cafe-Minamdang-1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533266wpp/oh-yeon-seo-and-her-team-face-difficulties-with-their-investigation-in-cafe-minamdang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1