[Drama 2021-2022] Love Twist/Twists of Love, 사랑의 꽈배기 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

2 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

They mentioned that when Hee Ok won Miss Korea, KN went into the military out of sadness. However, they did mention that OH visited him during that time. KN felt that due to his family not having money that he didn’t have a chance with Hee Ok. 

The way they talk it seems like KN had feelings back then but nothing ever happened. 

I watched again and it was not in the two lovebirds dialogue but KJ's parents big mouths :lol:

MJ told OK that HO was KN's first love. Then she remembered HO saying to her that KN did not love her but married her out of pity. DM also told the same to a guy whom I guessed to be an old friend, sounded like a scam artist. This man seemed very interested in HO's details. If he was HR's real father, poor kid. :anguished:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

first impressions after watching ep 1 -- the trailer is so misleading!!!! this is not even close to a comedy or some sort of family drama. it is full on twisted telenovela types shenanigans. why not lead on that? instead, they made it look like some weird slice of life with some strange comic vibe. same with the posters. what is with all the colour and cheerful vibe when we know there is just going to be angst and arguments? so strange! fail for poster and trailer. 

maybe haru and sori will grow on me but I was eye rolling at their segments. what kind of idiots start a business together when they have romantic attraction together? starting a business will strain even good friendships but these two have weird boundaries and outline of a relationship. don't mix business with romance you two! 

The Voice Reaction GIF by The Voice Belgique  

no wonder they develop a love-hate relationship later according to the charts. plus, this is such a chaotic startup. where is the professionalism? they don't even have a central business idea/plan but plunging into selling to customers? they don't even have an AI developed. umm, who would invest in this? this is so messy. no wonder cheating dad tells her to quit and go back to school... 

there are too many families to keep track of -- so giving nicknames to keep them clear in my head. 

boiled pork family -- sori , cheating dad, pork mom, go (game) grandpa, go grandmom

fish family - kyung joon (car boy -- why is he hoping to get a car when he doesn't even have a job? how does he expect to pay for gas?), fish dad, fish mom

sad song family -- haru, song mom (of haru -- what is that song she sings when drunk?)

kimchi family -- cabbage girl (yoon ah), cabbage dad (yet to pop up)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

This drama is getting full on crazy! I can't believe Hee Ok would lie about the father of her son which ends upon causing the lives of everyone around her to become twisted.  I'm hoping Ha Ru's real father is no one we have seen so far in this drama. Poor kid if any of these lunatic men are his dad. That shady guy makes me cringe and is possibly Ha Ru's real father which I'm hoping is not the case because how can Ha Ru deal with finding out his father may be some shady dark character? I'm hoping we are misjudging this new character. But I'm going to need more scenes of Ha Ru and So Ri before the break-up because we wont get too much of that once things hit the fan. 

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG I knew she would do that, (making it seems like he is the dad, When they said that is why they will think they are bother and sister.

That is probably why they marry others and have kids before they get back together.

Hee Ok is going to ruin everyone's lives because she is so selfish and horrible. She looks like the type that would take everyone down with her if things don't go her way. How can Ha Ru ever reconcile with someone like this as his mother? 

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

first impressions after watching ep 1 -- the trailer is so misleading!!!! this is not even close to a comedy or some sort of family drama. it is full on twisted telenovela types shenanigans. why not lead on that? instead, they made it look like some weird slice of life with some strange comic vibe. same with the posters. what is with all the colour and cheerful vibe when we know there is just going to be angst and arguments? so strange! fail for poster and trailer. 

maybe haru and sori will grow on me but I was eye rolling at their segments. what kind of idiots start a business together when they have romantic attraction together? starting a business will strain even good friendships but these two have weird boundaries and outline of a relationship. don't mix business with romance you two! 

The Voice Reaction GIF by The Voice Belgique  

no wonder they develop a love-hate relationship later according to the charts. plus, this is such a chaotic startup. where is the professionalism? they don't even have a central business idea/plan but plunging into selling to customers? they don't even have an AI developed. umm, who would invest in this? this is so messy. no wonder cheating dad tells her to quit and go back to school... 

there are too many families to keep track of -- so giving nicknames to keep them clear in my head. 

boiled pork family -- sori , cheating dad, pork mom, go (game) grandpa, go grandmom

fish family - kyung joon (car boy -- why is he hoping to get a car when he doesn't even have a job? how does he expect to pay for gas?), fish dad, fish mom

sad song family -- haru, song mom (of haru -- what is that song she sings when drunk?)

kimchi family -- cabbage girl (yoon ah), cabbage dad (yet to pop up)

I agree with you assessment with the trailer and poster. It looks deceitful, but I wonder if it was done on purpose because there is no way they would screw up on the poster and trailer since this drama is not their first rodeo. They were trying to make adultery harmless and fun in the beginning, but now things are starting to take a wrong turn and everyone is starting to become miserable while lives are going to be ruined. That first colorful trailer is causing a lot of people to miss-categorize or overlook this drama because it doesn't seem exciting enough, but family friendly when in actuality it's may be a revenge drama being disguised as a family slice of life.  

• Like 5

I guess Do hee (Nurse assistant) is just like Kyung joon where they want to marry someone rich. I kind of like that two gold diggers are tricking each other into marriage....my guess they won't find out the truth until she is already pregnant. Now the question is it before or after he marries Sori. Maybe he marries Sori after, then uses her money to support the kid and Do hee. Or uses Sori's money to have the affair and play the rich guy. 

I am enjoying the scenes with Haru and Sori, but they will be in short supply soon. 

The view of the plane tickets is the first time I can remember seeing a date. So the story is currently in 2017, assuming they go to present time we will be getting a 4 year time jump. Unless the couples are coming back with infants they would need to get pregnant soon. I am still not sure what pushes them to be with the second leads in the first place. 

Hee Ok is the worst, rightly abbreviated to HO. 

3 hours ago, missyjojo88 said:

Hee Ok is going to ruin everyone's lives because she is so selfish and horrible. She looks like the type that would take everyone down with her if things don't go her way. How can Ha Ru ever reconcile with someone like this as his mother? 

I bet the weird guy who came to the apartment is actually Haru's father. They will make him so terrible to make it seem like Hee Ok saved Haru from him instead of doing it for selfish reasons. This how they will justify her lie. They might try to redeem her using this but I don't care how horrible they make maybe dad its still not a good enough reason.  Especially since Haru is a grown man of 30 and not a child. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Looks crazy enough to warrant maybe a watch at least for first few episodes perhaps. I initially thought it was a twisted comedy or something.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

Looks crazy enough to warrant maybe a watch at least for first few episodes perhaps. I initially thought it was a twisted comedy or something.

it is really bizarre because this is like red shoes type family dysfunction X 20 setup. so instead of making it dark and moody, they have gone for weirdly cheerful. we see a cheating older couple walking around and they have upbeat comic music and vibe. umm, what????? makjang always takes itself seriously and there should be appropriate dramatic music cues and lighting. 

9 hours ago, missyjojo88 said:

I agree with you assessment with the trailer and poster. It looks deceitful, but I wonder if it was done on purpose because there is no way they would screw up on the poster and trailer since this drama is not their first rodeo. They were trying to make adultery harmless and fun in the beginning, but now things are starting to take a wrong turn and everyone is starting to become miserable while lives are going to be ruined. That first colorful trailer is causing a lot of people to miss-categorize or overlook this drama because it doesn't seem exciting enough, but family friendly when in actuality it's may be a revenge drama being disguised as a family slice of life.  

many of the red shoes chingus including myself didn't find the drama trailer or poster interesting to check out ep 1. if it wasn't for @joccu suggesting, I wouldn't have bothered to check it out. it really feels like a fail because the drama plot is so far from the feels of the trailer and poster. more soompi chingus might have checked it out if the plot had been more clear. maybe PD thinks this type of cheating and resulting situation is some sort of black comedy? :huh:  

have finished 2 eps so far. hope that in the upcoming episodes, they drop this farce of a comic slice of life feel and simply just shoot as a melo/drama in terms of lighting as well as music as well as acting. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

ep 3 thoughts -- okay am rolling my eyes at haru. there is dumb and there is really dumb. 

as cabbage girl rightly said, why is a poor guy worrying about a rich girl? what an idiot!!!!! so he quits his well-paying job, sinks all his savings into this venture just because he likes a girl? and they have zero business acumen where they don't even have a prototype or AI developed and somehow think money will roll in the form of investors. eye roll. so no wonder they will develop a love hate relationship. he will hate her, hate himself and hate his idiotic naivety for putting in time and his career and life on hold for this chick without a plan. 

this isn't the point of the drama but it shows clearly why many startups fail. this isn't some goal or passion for haru. but he has jumped in just because he likes a girl. how dumb is that??? she clearly has no real consequences if the business fails. as she is rich and living at home, it is not like she has to worry about paying the bills or putting food on the table. so other than pride, there is no real urgency to make this work. she knows that mom and dad will bail her out. on the other hand, he has bills to pay and no financial backup but is super passive and going along to support her. this isn't love -- this is just dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!! 

:facepalm: 

haru is like this idiot female lead in many dailys who go out of the way to support the man and then get cheated on, dumped and is shocked. then cries 'boksu!!!!' (revenge). will haru do the same later?

normally, leeches annoy me but the fish family has so much hustle that am finding them rather cheeky at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  it´s weird that I started red shoes but could not finish it and this is somehow worse. but so far even with the awful plot and I don´t  really like any characters. I find this drama somehow interesting. :loolz:

It's like watching a trainwreck, you know it might get bad, but you can't keep yourself from turning away from it. One of the reason I'm liking this drama is because even though it started off as a dark-comedy, it loses the comedy and gets darker as new episodes are shown. It's now to the point you can't believe how sick the dog and the ho have to be to continue to have an affair on the back of the wife who is also the best friend of ho. Add the fact that their children are in "love" with each other and that is a receipt for disaster. But one thing I found uncomfortable with the dark humor is the nonchalant way they had the affair like they were playing a kids game. They made it seem so innocent as if they should be allowed to get away with cheating. But I like it sort of mimics real life when cheaters think what they are doing is harmless, pleasurable, and fun. That it wont get to the point of ruining their whole lives, but with the recent episodes like 17, we are now seen the fall-out and devastation. May be there was some sort intent with the drama starting off with dark-humor, just so it can catch the audience off guard with the seriousness because it's supposed to be a melodrama when it's all said and done.    

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ep 3 thoughts -- okay am rolling my eyes at haru. there is dumb and there is really dumb. 

So your verdict - continue or no continue?

The Second Husband will keep us busy for another 10 weeks at least (geez) :surprisedwut: I dun want to invest time in another daily so fast hahaha....

20 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  it´s weird that I started red shoes but could not finish it and this is somehow worse. but so far even with the awful plot and I don´t  really like any characters. I find this drama somehow interesting. :loolz:

Which episodes did you stop at? I persevered (coz I invested too much time on it to stop) at the end too.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

So three childs will be the same age, won't they?

- Haru and Yoona's child must be Yoona's child with that friend of Haru.

- Kyungjoon and Sori's child can actually be of Sori and Haru (I really hope that).

- Only Kyungjoon and the nurse's child is really theirs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eun Min said:

- Kyungjoon and Sori's child can actually be of Sori and Haru (I really hope that).

I feel like if Sori was pregnant with Haru's child and she finds out they are "brother and sister" wouldn't she get an abortion. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Eun Min said:

I was thinking the same. 
But they will be Omma, Appa to other people's kid.

Haru marries Yoon A and he will be the father to another man's son. KJ will be the father to his son. 
Maybe the father to Yoon A's child will marry the nurse and he will the father to KJ's son?:crazymad:

I FFW a lot of HO's and KN's scenes. But it seems they want to preempt the gangster type who wants to do a DNA test. Preempt? Like lying to the two that they are siblings? Why can't they just all take the test? The writer should try using something else for the 'twisting' theme. This is the 21st century dude.

• Like 2

Watched Ep 1 out of curiosity & I checked up the description in wikipedia and the ages of Kwang Nam (39) and Ok Hee (35) seem to be wrong? Their daughter (So Ri) looks at least older than 20! Even if she's 17/18, that means the parents married early?

I agreed that's there's too many families here....I couldn't even keep up! And already, the twist is there in the first episode:

Kwang Nam is having an affair with Ok Hee's supposedly best friend, Hee Ok. Meanwhile, Ok Hee's son (Ha Ru) has a start-up with So Ri and they seem to be liking each other? :facepalm:

You also get confused between Hee Ok and OK Hee....faint....

Quite light-hearted start and this will be misleading if the subsequent episodes are those revenge, makjang style.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Lmangla said:

quits his well-paying job, sinks all his savings into this venture just because he likes a girl? and they have zero business acumen where they don't even have a prototype or AI developed and somehow think money will roll in the form of investor

I started watching about 5 episodes ago, I did not see HR as a salaried man. I think this is the korean Silicon valley type who is a brilliant techie and Twist is a startup with SR as the manager. He would have quit anyway - like all geniuses do. 
I had watched a similar story with Bae Su Zy and the ML in home Cha Cha Cha. A lot of technical wizs. A lot less time was spent on the old folk, while this show seems to have two parallel groups. The old established big company represented by KN and the hungry new startup.

I like the complete devotion to each other, just like Red sky lovers. That was so cute. But if they married other people and started sordid affairs like the two creeps, that would really spoil it.

HO and KN are now being portrayed as star-crossed lovers and I'll bet more pathetic crumbs will be thrown to the viewers to make us sympathise with them at the end. This has to be an extra cheap production, none of the actors are big names and they could not even spend some money paying young actors to play young KN, HO and the gangster... sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

So your verdict - continue or no continue?

l have watched 6 eps so far. like @missyjojo88 said, it is a trainwreck that you can't stop watching. right now, the messy parents arc is the most interesting.

the leads don't really interest me. I also think that as characters both of them are horribly mismatched and I don't find their interactions cute. this is one drama where I actually think the male lead is better suited to the second female led because he can actually converse with her. 

so we have a male lead who is super passive. so passive that he can't even have a open business discussion with sori without getting drunk. only then is he able to point out that they are bleeding dry and perhaps it is time to close shop. he can't even tell her that he got a great job offer till it is pushed out of him.

sori is really immature and has no idea of the real world. she basically calls him selfish and insists on her own way. that just made me roll my eyes. girl, just because you don't have to worry about rent and food doesn't mean that others don't. cabbage girl has to point out how selfish she is and that haru has the right to his own opinion and decision making. it also burns her when song cheating mom tells haru that he is ruining his career by being in this start-up without a future. only then does sori realize she is holding haru back and agrees to shut down their business.

also their back history -- I personally didn't find it cute. so she loses a pet and when he comes to their house, she replaces the pet with him. so she bosses him around and treats him like a plaything. he never says anything and just indulged. so that has been their dynamic and it is not a healthy romantic vibe by any counts.  it is also unclear if sori really wanted to do this business or if she wanted to drag haru into doing a project together so that she can nab him. cabbage girl accused sori of doing this start-up only to gain experience to win brownie points with the board members of her dad's company and sori acccepted that was her one of her goals. these two are not teenagers. if they like each other, why not talk about it? why burn money and time on a stupid business venture just to be able to spend time with each other? that is just dumb in my feels.

so, I don't get the cute feels or that these two will make a great pair. instead, am a bit outside the grain and think they are both ill-suited to each other. now, if they grow and become different people, my feels might change. but as of now, I don't think they make a good OTP. however, the great thing about daily is that there are always other characters to watch. so it is the trainwreck that I am watching for. 

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I started watching about 5 episodes ago, I did not see HR as a salaried man. I think this is the korean Silicon valley type who is a brilliant techie and Twist is a startup with SR as the manager. He would have quit anyway - like all geniuses do. 

watching from the beginning. so haru was a salaried employee at the top IT firm. they called it cocoa. not sure which firm they were referring to. he got a job offer from 'doodle' which is obviously meant to be google. his sunbae's assessment was that haru is not really the enterpreniual type and is only doing this venture for sori, which was on the mark. so he told haru to get more corporate experience and if he really wanted a start-up, then he should do it in silicon valley which has more opportunities. so far, nothing to indicate that he is a genius or that he has even one iota of an enterprenuial spirit or sign of leadership. instead, he is so passive that he makes the perfect corporate employee who will happily take orders from managers and execute. 

• Like 5