[Drama 2021-2022] Love Twist/Twists of Love, 사랑의 꽈배기 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

So this could be their goodbye holiday. :idk:

I hate cheating spouse shows so only watched the first 20 minutes of the first episode. I got bored with Second Husband and checked out this show.

The jilted wife OK is so cool. Sharpening the knife, making a list of IOUs ...

I saw her in Goong and she was the glamourous ex gf. She has really aged. I think she could be in her 40's in real life but the mistress is in her 60s, look at her. She was in villa something, I could not believe she's a day over 50, maybe 40s.

Would we see OK with a makeover? Hope the writer gives her a nice loving man. It's so unfair.

KN's parents seem like working class people, so is the money from her side? 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, maribella said:

KN's parents seem like working class people, so is the money from her side? 

The money comes from KN's parents and I think it is a family company. They mentioned in a previous episode that the wife grew up poor and was helped out a lot by the misstress. That is why she took in her son when he was abandoned. 

MJ and her husband are complete leeches. The mom has been letting them get away with too much. 

This is def a goodbye trip. We prob won't have a time jump for another 10-15 episodes, but their break up is going to be so sad. Even if they do a time jump I need to know how the other couples happen. I can't think of a reason for Sori to marry the other guy. Unless its full rebound and she just picks the first person near her. 

Hee-Ok really has no shame, trying to blame the wife for the affair. 

I'm curious on what the grandparents are going to think about this and who they side with. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, youactlikeicare said:

reason for Sori to marry the other guy. Unless its full rebound and she just picks the first person near her. 

Hee-Ok really has no shame, trying to blame the wife for the affair. 

I'm curious on what the grandparents are going to think about this and who they side with. 

The guy KJ is like a glorified driver and he cheated on her? Or maybe he had a kid before dumping the mistress for Sori? 

Hee Ok seems to not know housework and has no income. So I am guessing she is the pampered child of rich parents who lost their wealth.

I hope she and KN regret miserably for cheating OK and getting married. Karma.

The 'lie' mentioned in the summary must be Haru is KN's son. So far the dialogue about them that I have heard seems to point to that direction. That is sad. I remember Winter Sonata which had the ML and FL being told they were siblings. :criesariver:

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, maribella said:

Hee Ok seems to not know housework and has no income. So I am guessing she is the pampered child of rich parents who lost their wealth.

I hope she and KN regret miserably for cheating OK and getting married. Karma.

The 'lie' mentioned in the summary must be Haru is KN's son. So far the dialogue about them that I have heard seems to point to that direction. That is sad. I remember Winter Sonata which had the ML and FL being told they were siblings. :criesariver:

In one of the episodes the leeches were talking about how Hee Ok and Ok Hee had reversal of fortunes. One grew up rich but had terrible fortunes with husbands and money, while the other one grew up poor and had great fortunes marrying rich. Granted this is before they knew about whole cheating thing. 

I think maybe even after the affair is exposed Sori and Haru still refuse to give up each other. Hee Ok doesn't want to miss her chance of being with KN so she will probably lie to separate them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is the husband stupid? Hee Ok is selfless and loyal? Ok Hee is smart to get him drunk before asking him questions. 

I think that women who they saw in the coffee shop is who Kyung-Joon has an affair with. But I am not sure. I think I read a summary somewhere that he pretends to be a chaebol. This might be a case where he thinks she is rich because of the bag, and she thinks he is rich because of the car. In reality neither come from money. 

I loved the Haru and Sori scenes. I am happy they are giving us a whole bunch before they separate them for like 60-70 episodes. I am just going to hope they put them back together in the end, but who knows. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

So far I am liking the drama. I mean it's heading towards a dark place, but that's what dramaland is all about. I love how Ok Hee tries to be strong despite knowing that her husband and best friend have betrayed her (I hope she doesn't wimp out). Good acting by the actress in showing vulnerable and also strength at different points as she tries to deal with such a horrible situation. I hope she is the one who initiates the divorce so her character can have some sort of dignity after being played in such a horrible manner by her husband and best friend. Hee Ok is so nasty and horrible especially in thinking that Ok Hee would want to share her husband with her. I don't think anyone in their right mind would would have gone there. I'm really hoping Ok Hee gets the last laugh in the future.

Spoiler

Now that I had some time to think, it's going to be interesting to see the love-hate relationship between Park Haru and Oh Sori once we get there. Right now they are so in love and such an innocent couple, but we know there is a fine line between love and hate. It's going to be interesting to see which one of them abandons the relationship first once the lie comes out. I can definitely see our little nerd boy Park Haru become so embittered if he believes that Oh Sori has betrayed him at some point. The contrast between their innocent relationship vs a future relationship full of bitterness, anger, and resentment over a lie is going to be something to behold. 

• Like 7

I want to know 'the lie'.:Please:hurry up. 

Edit: the father is trying hard to break them up. It could happen very soon.

But thinking of SR marrying KY...? He has many strikes against him , including having an illrgitimate child? What is this writer doing?

• Like 3

The father sabotaged Twist. I caught the abouji part during their interview. That cheating scumbag ruined his daughter's future so that he could keep HR's mum as his mistress. 

If he thinks HR may be his son, then a DNA test will confirm it. What a skutzb..! So next the girl who will marry HR is going to fund the company with her father's money, I think. 

Did the mother say anything to the grandparents? She should end that marriage in a blaze, a la Princess Diana but better. Be strong not pathetic. The grandfather is clutching the back of his head, that's bad news in kdrama. :grimace: Soon when the father marries his mistress, I hope our main couple will turn their backs on the adulterers. At least for some years.

• Like 3

Just watched it with subs. So sad, it was not spoken but implied by saying HR cannot marry SR even if the two broke up.

In the preview, both HR and SR severed ties with their cheating parent. Very good. 

OK should be devasted, not functioning since she would realise her bf has been stabbing her in the back for decades, perhaps the couple is in their early 20s. I want to see more reaction from her.

I am surprised OK has not called HO 4 letter names. Or maybe she did but it wasn't translated.

• Like 3

haven't had a chance to check it all out but based on the description that @joccu gave me, it looks like it will be a  trainwreck -- lots of eye rolls for us. :D as many as red shoes? or is this barf drama style? hahahaha.... 

Spoiler

@Lmangla  I check couple of episodes of love twist. It´s going to be a mess. the ML and FL that are not still dating each other. they do fancy each other. They have a business together. But FL dad is cheating his wife with the ML mom. the ML lead mom is also a friend of FL mom. And I saw the relationship chart. the lead are going to get married with other people. 

tagging second husband chingus -- we will need some entertainment when the drama ends in 4-5 weeks. check it out if you need something after second husband :)

@youngae, @TheQueenReturns, @LeftCoastOppa, @crystaltears, @twinkle_little_star, @confusedheart, @great555, @whome, @Bejaffled, @chococarmela, @tofumochu, @vintage, @UnniSarah, @Newbie21SG, @shahila197878, @lilian c, @lysanderayumi, @Naty828, @dulceres, @lhynne, @minglanfan2, @lilybeth baah, @Stellaa, @msmy, @jayakris, @Ldy Gmerm, @yamiyugi,.... 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

There is going to a time leap, I hope. 

SR is very much like her mother. The girl who chases after HR knowing that FL and ML love one another is her friend. Just like her mother's bff who slept with her husband and not just a one night stand or short fling. Long enough for HR to may be his. I don't like her.

KJ is like his parents. What can I say? 

I wonder if KN was HO's boyfriend before he met OK. 
That's one thing that always puzzles me when extremely rich chaebol kids went to the same school with dirt poor kids.

edit:

I think HR will look really nice if he changes that hairstyle. The way he told off his mother was just so cool. None of the ' but she's my mum' lines. When he said to HO that she had severed his and SR's relationship and his mother/son relationship with her, it was awesome. Don't take it lying down esp. from a mother who had discarded him. OK rescued him and was more a mother to him. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, maribella said:

Long enough for HR to may be his. I don't like her.

KJ is like his parents. What can I say? 

I wonder if KN was HO's boyfriend before he met OK. 
That's one thing that always puzzles me when extremely rich chaebol kids went to the same school with dirt poor kids.

so maybe HR would be his son? Humm, i don't think

• Like 1