[Drama 2021-2022] Love Twist/Twists of Love, 사랑의 꽈배기 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

It seems that PKT the gangster had sent an email to HR - from another forum.  

Will SR find out that HR is her brother soon? Well at least, there won't be an abortion. 

The nurse had not been pregnant, so it would seem that KJ cheated on SR to have a baby with the nurse. Maybe SR found out and she would divorce him, so we don't have to see much of the gold digging family.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

should probably put a disclaimer -- ** might be unpopular take! ^_^

6 hours ago, maribella said:

She is like KJ, conniving to get HR.

I still don't understand how she and SR have been friends for so long.

because birds of a feather flock together. every single one of these characters including the leads are morons. thats why they are all friends. so am really behind -- very hectic in real life. so I just watched the breakup episode and it just confirms to me how unsuitable and terrible the main leads themselves are. 

so we have sori -- a super spoiled immature brat who cannot take no for an answer. everything is all about her. so lets pretend that yuna is actually pregnant with haru's child. lets pretend that haru is making the choice for the sake of his child to marry yuna as he wants a different life for his child. what is sori's response to that? -- basically "who cares about the baby? what about me?" -- not "what about us?" but "what about me?" is her essential response. haru tells her that he wants to breakup with her because he finds her suffocating and he feels like he will choke to death if he is with her. that is not even remotely romantic and more like a cry for help. she then threatens to kill herself if he breaks up with her -- emotional blackmail and further strengthening his statement that she is chocking him. this was their dynamic. 

so why do I think that yuna and sori display similar characteristics? both are selfish self-obsessed women who chased a guy for years for who showed least bit of interest in either. if the second lead does it, we call it clingy but if the first lead does it, is it love? no, it is just a variation of one-sided type persistent love. while some might find it romantic, I find such behaviour highly problematic because it is just shades away from criminal behaviour like stalking. both yuna and sori cannot take no for an answer and neither can they see someone else's pain besides themselves. for both yuna and sori, haru was some sort of goal/toy they had to grab. it doesn't strike either of them that if a guy is not showing interest, maybe grow up and look elsewhere. no, instead both girls unhealthily obsess and figure out ways to orbit in haru's world for years. 

sori is extremely selfish. what was her response to finding out the parents are having an affair? it was basically on the lines of "sorry mom about your bleeding heart but my romance is way more important than you stupid oldies. am sure that you all will get over it in time and wish us well." not for one second did haru or sori think about how their relationship will impact others. they didn't care who they hurt or who was crying. not for a moment did they stop to even care about pork mom or offer her real support. instead, it was all about them and their amazing romance (eye roll). so just as the parents pork dad and song mom are self-centered and about their needs, so were the kids. I find it hilarious that no one thinks to tell sori the truth. so in everyone's mind, she is some sort of glass doll that will shatter at life's realities? someone who cannot handle rejection and is essentially some sort of pampered princess?

as for haru, he has always been the passive coward and this relationship was never remotely healthy. they could never have the tough or real conversations. he could not even have a conversation about business liquidity with sori. he had to resort to being drunk and then spitting out that they might need to close shop and he has a job offer. even then, she was bulldozing and ignorning his needs, his views. she didn't care if he was financially secure or what happened to his career track. instead, it was all about herself and what she wants and she called him selfish. it had to take yuna to intervene. so we see the pattern re-emerge with this breakup. haru as usual cannot have a tough conversation where he is firm and she actually listens to what he is saying. instead, sori is trying to bulldoze him as always and she ignores whatever she hears. so what does he do? he uses yuna as a shield. he knows that yuna can do what he cannot. yuna is assertive and will do the dirty job for him. yuna will drive down the points to sori. so it wasn't surprising that he ran to yuna -- this has been part of their dynamic and friendship. 

this is essentially a drama about selfish people who make disastrous decisions and then the ripple effects. there is no one to really cheer for among this group. the leads are as stupid and terrible as the second leads.

makes it difficult for me to watch on a regular basis. maybe I will peek in from time to time to see how the trainwreck crashed further... 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

That funeral was such a mess! Having the ex-wife and the next wife aka mistress standing along side of you at your own father's funeral is so shameful. Then comes in the con-man (HaRu's so called father) who makes a scene and gets drag out of the funeral asking for the ex-wife and next wife to be with him instead. Everything about the funeral was so pathetic and hilarious at the same time. But I am very excited about the time jump in next week's episode. Now it's time for HaRu to man up and to be the one to fight for his love and his son. The character growth is needed because we need to see a contrast between a depressive moody unconfident individual from the past to someone who is more confident and able to stand up against others in his fight to win back the love of his life and the son he has no inkling about at this moment. This drama is getting better and better; I just hope it doesn't turn into a hot mess, but we get a good plot and strong character development.

• Like 6

** I feel KN knows that wife and mistress aren’t interchangeable because he didn’t seem very eager to divorce OH.:joy:

(Episode 31 written Preview)
Five years later, SR, who is struggling with running Twist, knocks on Next's door once again
KN accidentally sees OH during his marriage to HO which turns to be not as satisfying as he thought.
Meanwhile, Ki Tae sends an e-mail to HR, suspecting that HR may not be KN's son...
((Ki Tae email: “KN is not your(HR) father”))

3 hours ago, maribella said:

It seems that PKT the gangster had sent an email to HR - from another forum.  

Will SR find out that HR is her brother soon? Well at least, there won't be an abortion. 

The nurse had not been pregnant, so it would seem that KJ cheated on SR to have a baby with the nurse. Maybe SR found out and she would divorce him, so we don't have to see much of the gold digging family.

Yeah Ki Tae claims KN isn’t HR’s dad.  But I don’t think KT found real evidence.  Still I wonder if that is good enough to entice HR back to Korea.    I like the writer goes this route so that HR is forced to deal with his birth parents, HO and Ki Tae.    When HR comes back,  Ki Tae will latch onto him like a magnet and also  HR can no longer avoid HO who is now KN’s wife.  Eventually HR gets to know about them and then after a lots of  blah blah…they become a family?!!  lol :sweat::sipsboba:

So SR is facing difficulty at work. What she needs is HR’s technical help. It means they have to work together somehow when he returns.   
 Then these two have to slog through many hair-pulling steps; learning about ‘omg step-bro/sis’ TO about ‘omg son by them(wailing because they are still bro/sis, Oops)’ TO about ‘wow not related( by then ecstatic but utterly exhausted)’ hehe  :eats:

13 hours ago, maribella said:

That means YA may know about SR being pregnant with HR's baby but kept it to herself? 

Yup YA and KJ made a nice pact for their self-interest by not revealing it :naughty::naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Finally made my way around here after Red Shoes. Second husband has been keeping me busy (that came out wrong lol). But holy mother of timeskips! A huge time skip just this far into the drama? Really hate the idea how the OTP has been swindled by HO’s lies for five years and almost led to SR’s death. Ridiculous. HR could have easily just done the genetic testing himself between him and SR why would he just take it at face value? Come on now. 

I wonder what they have in store for us next episode.. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

makes it difficult for me to watch on a regular basis. maybe I will peek in from time to time to see how the trainwreck crashed further... 

for someone who cannot stand the show, you have done an outstanding analysis :Megalol:

Let's face it @Lmangla it's a love hate relationship we have with kdrama. Even when we can't fathom the things that the writer wrote for them to act, we still want to know will they or won't they. 

I think we need to wait for many more episodes before SR finds anything about HR's fake or real birth father. There is no reason for it come out now. It's going to be enterpreneurs in love for a while I think.

It would be interesting to see what HR will do if he finds out that SR is not his sister and he is married.

24 minutes ago, booha said:

Eventually HR gets to know about them and then after a lots of  blah blah…they become a family?!!  lol :sweat:

Gross, dislike all of them

21 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

wonder what they have in store for us next episode..

Hair pulling episodes

not them , us 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, booha said:

* I feel KN knows that wife and mistress aren’t interchangeable because he didn’t seem very eager to divorce OH.:joy:

I agree, I don’t think he wanted a divorce. It never entered his mind at all. 

@Lmangla SR is spoiled  and a brat. I like the fact she isn’t a doormat as FL. FL in drama are mostly doormat unti the end of the drama , at least here it is okay. 
 Also remember HR and everyone in her life spoiled her rotten. I have to admit meeting HR changed her a little bit otherwise she would have been worse. I just hope this 5 years and parenthood changed them to better human being.?

Besides this Kdrama world where anything can happen. 

HR’s mom at lease shown some kind of feeling for her son but not that deep yearning love parent have for their children. She is trying to protecting him from finding out about how he came to the world.  Smh smh smh 

PS I didn’t watch all the episodes but watched the some episodes just for the Main Leads. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree, I don’t think he wanted a divorce. It never entered his mind at all. 

@Lmangla SR is spoiled  and a brat. I like the fact she isn’t a doormat as FL. FL in drama are mostly doormat unti the end of the drama , at least here it is okay. 
 Also remember HR and everyone in her life spoiled her rotten. I have to admit meeting HR changed her a little bit otherwise she would have been worse. I just hope this 5 years and parenthood changed them to better human being.?

Besides this Kdrama world where anything can happen. 

HR’s mom at lease shown some kind of feeling for her son but not that deep yearning love parent have for their children. She is trying to protecting him from finding out about how he came to the world.  Smh smh smh 

PS I didn’t watch all the episodes but watched the some episodes just for the Main Leads. 

can't believe I am saying this but I prefer a doormat to a character like sori @UnniSarah; a doormat atleast cares about the people around her. sori? she just comes across as a self-centered bully to me. chasing a guy for years, only focused about herself, not caring one iota about how others feel or care (including her own mom) -- these are more typically seen in second leads. here, all the bad characteristics are evenly distributed to both main and second leads LOL. sori is so selfish that she really needed to experience the hard knocks of life in order to care about others. 

haru's mom is definitely an interesting character. she is so weirdly pragmatic, sprouting the most randomest of lines as well as someone who is bitter and deeply scarred. her life experiences has taught her some very bitter lessons that most people wouldn't consider -- 

1.  she has to look out for herself as no one else is going to do that

2. pain is part of life and sometimes all on one can do is to keep living; there is not necessarily any joy or happiness but we just keep moving

3. no point in getting overdramatic because that only leads to more violence. so sometimes, a pacifist approach where you accept all the wrongs and accusations is better

4. no point in offering explanations because no one wants to really hear you out. so just be inscrutable and that will protect you more from possible violence. 

5. all relationships are fleeting and so is life. so if you are happy for a tiny moment, grab it. 

for her, haru is a traumatic memory. there is no way to go around that. but at the same time, her decision to send him money for his university while getting beaten at home for it shows that it is more complicated for her. she can neither ignore him and neither can she embrace him. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Going into this drama I was expecting SR to be a spoiled brat and had some reservations about her as well but her character slowly grew on me as the drama progressed and I actually find her very likeable.

She knows what she wants and doesn't let anyone bully her into doing what they want her to do (like @UnniSarah said, she isn't a doormat which is refreshing for a FL). She is a strong FL who fights for what she wants. Yes, she threw quite a few tantrums but I always found her anger justified because it was in retaliation to the others antagonizing her. She isn't afraid to own up to her mistakes either from what I can see in her interactions with YA as she is quick to apologize when she is in the wrong. SR is naive and sheltered but she's also a sincere person and her sincerity is one of the main reasons why I'm rooting for her.

As for her being a brat, the only time I saw her that way was in the flashbacks to when SR and HR were children and young SR treated young HR like her servant. Adult SR, not so much.

@Lmangla I have to agree with you about the emotional blackmail part. Never been a fan of the suicide trope in kdramas and SR threatening suicide in front of HR just didn't sit right with me. Aside from that, their relationship has never come across as toxic for me. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla  sorry I introduced this drama for you. This is messed up and bad. Honestly I can say that I hate the leads. Yeah it not the first time but in this I don’t know how long I will continue. I will see how this continue after the time jump. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@Legslo ~ am really not a fan of "lets chase the guy/girl and browbeat them into a romance" trope. it is okay if the courtship is for a short while but for years???? whenever I see that with second leads, I just want to slap them and say "please grow up. this is unhealthy. move on." here we have the main lead sori chasing him for years. it is probably meant to be cute but it instead made me shake my head. this is someone who refuses to take no for answer and is unwilling to respect someone's lack of interest. 

one could argue that haru was always interested but he chose not to engage. so why keep chasing someone who is not interested in engaging? that is unhealthy. I also watch way too many true crime documentaries and so all of these obsessive people who cannot give up, refuse to hear others and empathize with their pain? -- there is often only a few degrees that separates us from stupid and really criminal behaviour.

also, haru is someone who doesn't speak up especially with her. he is unable to clearly communicate how he feels but has no problem communicating with other people -- that showed they were very mismatched. one should not feel suffocated in a relationship or feel like your voice is discounted or made to feel guilty for having a different view. so instead of cute or romantic or romeo/juliet vibe, it came across to me as toxic and a good thing they broke up. 

18 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  sorry I introduced this drama for you. This is messed up and bad. Honestly I can say that I hate the leads. Yeah it not the first time but in this I don’t know how long I will continue. I will see how this continue after the time jump. 

no worries! it was interesting just for hee ok!!! so no regrets. :) people despise her but I found her very interesting in terms of how she is written. we don't often see the long-term effects of traumatic events and how people have processed that and how it has impacted the character. 

I just never expected to dislike the main leads so much. :lol: people hate the parents but we despise the leads instead. :sweatingbullets: this is bit like phoenix 2020 where we struggled to find someone we like no? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I just never expected to dislike the main leads so much. :lol: people hate the parents but we despise the leads instead. :sweatingbullets: this is bit like phoenix 2020 where we struggled to find someone we like no? 

This drama is a bit like Phoenix 2020 but the only difference is I do like the leads for now. Lol lol  I am not 100 % committed to this drama but I find it interesting enough so far. I certainly need character growth in a drama and if there isn’t, I tend to give up on the drama because I can see , I won’t like the end result because it would seem they never learn at all. 
@Legslo description of FL was on point. One reason I did like SR is because when she is wrong , she will own up to it. I even said HR’s existence  in her life made her a better person for it. Hopefully after 5 years she has matured some more since becoming a mom. Sometimes a little person can change a person either for good or bad. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

@joccu ~ if I remember right, think it was the stepmom and villian chairman who kept us hooked for a short while in phoenix 2020. but then they killed him off, packed off the male lead and second female lead (who had both quit) off to dramaland NY or LA or wherever. that was such a bizarre drama for the stuff that went down offsceen. 

hopefully, all the actors here get along and are okay with their scripts. 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

As much as Haru's passiveness annoys me, I can understand him a little. He's had a traumatic childhood. He's been abandoned more than once and that likely created a lot of self-esteem issues.  He grew up in a house where he knew he was and yet wasn’t, part of the family. He really frustrates me, but I started to feel bad for him when he said "I have nowhere to run to" in episode 29.

He’s always running away, but before all the chaos, he knew that Sori would be there. Someone said above that they didn’t like that Sori kept chasing him, but from what he said in episode 29, I feel like he was running to her, not away. In his mind he knew she would follow him. They’ve always liked each other, but Sori, being stubborn and more confident, never listened when people said no.

With the time jump and a child to protect (even if it’s not his), I’m hoping he steps up and realises that running away is not the answer. I want a more grown up Haru. If he wants to be with Sori and his kid, he really needs to take a more active role in his own life. 

Most of the characters and their selfishness annoy me... so maybe that's me projecting so that I don't hate the main couple :lol:

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@joccu ~ if I remember right, think it was the stepmom and villian chairman who kept us hooked for a short while in phoenix 2020. but then they killed him off, packed off the male lead and second female lead (who had both quit) off to dramaland NY or LA or wherever. that was such a bizarre drama for the stuff that went down offsceen. 

hopefully, all the actors here get along and are okay with their scripts. 

i hope for the same for this drama too lol @Lmangla 

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I like the FL and ML, maybe because their parents are so unlikeable and abnormal that they seem normal. From some early parts, I only caught the parts where both of them were goofing and HR seemed to find many ways to touch or kiss SR. I did not get the impression that she was chasing him in the way that YA did. There was mutual attraction. 

I rather dislike the flippant way that the writer treats the husband/best friend cheating part. Was it funny to watch a wife almost catching the two of them? Unless the wife is a 200 pound gorilla type and forever bullying the husband, I might feel a wee sympathetic towards the adulterers. A lot of people refer to adultery and infidelity as a victimless wrongdoing. 

OH's initial response to the cheating was unique. She returned everything to HO and demanded everything back from MJ. But then instead of scratching HO's eyes out she sat with her to pass over her duties, including her FIL's funeral. I thought she deserved it when HO said ex wife, next wife.

I think the writer builds HO as an incorrigible person who says the 'darndest' things. Cute young things might get away with it.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

OH's initial response to the cheating was unique. She returned everything to HO and demanded everything back from MJ. But then instead of scratching HO's eyes out she sat with her to pass over her duties, including her FIL's funeral. I thought she deserved it when HO said ex wife, next wife.

I think the writer builds HO as an incorrigible person who says the 'darndest' things. Cute young things might get away with it.

I liked the way she has handled it too. It's refreshing and it showed just how different the two women are. It also served as a reminder that OH was basically the perfect daughter in law. She gave up parts of herself to fit that role, and it was never appreciated. Grandma definitely gave off "you're not good enough for my precious baby" vibes, and she's going to hate having HO in the family.

OH Passing the torch to HO so publicly was a way to reminding her that being the daughter in law in that family comes with responsibilities in and out of the home.  

I really can't stand HO. I don't find her behaviour cute at all, but I'll admit to laughing at the funeral scenes. I think it was more out of shock and horror than anything else lol