[Drama 2021-2022] Love Twist/Twists of Love, 사랑의 꽈배기 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

haahahah... sorry if man gave up his promotion for his family, I would call that dumb. I don't see anything wrong with relocation as family will benefit more financially as well as gain different life experiences. so different perspectives; also I don't think giving up a dream for anyone is sweet, it just makes people bitter after 20 years! :lol: I don't know how many aunties I have heard rue their choices. love does not conquer everything. you lose some to gain some. at times it is okay but at other times, people go on to regret it. so we can just agree to disagree on love conquering all hahahahaha. :D 

I don’t think Sori’s dream was Twist specifically. Her dream is to start her own business and not just run her fathers. After she found out about her fathers sabotage she wasn’t going to give up. That’s what she told her father, no matter how hard he tried she wasn’t going to be bullied into joining his company.

It was only after finding out about the affair she decided they couldn’t stay in Korea. When they discussed moving to the US Sori mentioned that she could start a business anywhere. So she would just start one there. With the sabotage she would had to start over anyway, this way she could just start over somewhere else.

I don’t see it as giving up her dream but be realistic about it. With her father going as far as sabotage there is no way she could restart in Korea. Who says next time she gets some investment he won’t try to do the same thing. She needs a way to be away from his control, like a different country. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

I don’t think Sori’s dream was Twist specifically. Her dream is to start her own business and not just run her fathers.

that is exactly why I find her flaky and immature. there is no real plan or dream or goal other than this vague need to get away from her father's thumb and be with haru. she could be doing anything such as being a professor for example and still achieve those two goals. people with such vague ideas only succeed in dramaland. in real world, you need focus and determination and be genuinely passionate about the product you are selling even if it is utterly dumb and no one else sees the need for it at the time.

I won't be surprised if Twist turns from fashion into a nursing home care company down the line (since Amor Fati is a sponsor and it was heavily featured in the previous drama). or maybe it will be just vague IT services provider. or something related to construction as the father's company is in construction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

haahahah... sorry if man gave up his promotion for his family, I would call that dumb. I don't see anything wrong with relocation as family will benefit more financially as well as gain different life experiences. so different perspectives; also I don't think giving up a dream for anyone is sweet, it just makes people bitter after 20 years! :lol: I don't know how many aunties I have heard rue their choices. love does not conquer everything. you lose some to gain some. at times it is okay but at other times, people go on to regret it. so we can just agree to disagree on love conquering all hahahahaha. :D 

I absolutely don't believe love conquers all, it helps in the low times of a relationship. However, romance and melos do,  so it's fine while I'm watching it.  If the show is called romance and the characters are cynical old goats, good Lord, I might as well reread my sisters' literature books.

I knew many women just wanted to get married. When the men set conditions, they accepted anything in the list, including giving up their dreams and ambitions which might not happen, but the proposal was real. So 20 -30 years later, they rued their decision tsk tsk. Sorry, not talking about your aunties @Lmangla
I like kdrama couples that clearly love each, SR and HR. None of that coy, hard to get stuff. 

So after the breakup and marrying others, SR will be working for her father's company or KJ will. Twist, her dream company will be owned and managed by HR and Yoon A. That's a twist.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maribella said:

And also he's a creep who cares nothing about his daughter's happiness. He sabotaged her company and he now faked HR's paternity. 

I hope SR keeps her distance from him after her marriage but it looks like the gold digger boy she married has become some big shot in her father's company. I don't think I like this writer but I'm curious about what he has planned for the ending.

I agree that if I were the writer I would not have gone in the direction he is going in terms of having our main marry other people they don't even love. I don't know why the writer couldn't have just let them be with other people, but not be married with them. But I'm here to take a ride into the world of this writer and hopefully it will be worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I don't mind if the leads end up together but the relationish between them and theirs families are already really toxic. 

I will tell you an end or the leads will tell their parents that without you we would not each have had a child that we love and so we understand you but from now on we will love each other lol:sleeping:

Or maybe a similar ending to the drama A place  in the sun where the leads were together than in the last episode after toxic relationship with second leads and families

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, joccu said:

okay  so Haru will  just leave without talking to Sori!  So will sori will be only one not knowing?!

If they are doing the thing with the children this is the only thing that makes sense. Meaning:

Sori - pregnant with Harus child but saying it’s Kyung-Joon

Yoon ah - pregnant by that friend but saying it’s Harus

Nurse - pregnant by Kyung join but he marries Sori anyways

Cause I couldn’t figure out why Sori would keep the child if she thought it was with her half brothers, or how her parents would let her. If she doesn’t know (about Haru) and lies about the father (to everyone else) that would make the most sense. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Today's episode was heart wrenching for sure. :crymeme:   

Now I'm trying to figure out when Ha Ru and So Ri slept together because it didn't even look like they got that far. SMH! :joy:

3 hours ago, joccu said:

okay  so Haru will  just leave without talking to Sori!  So will sori will be only one not knowing?!

So Ri is left in the dark and gets the bad end of the stick having to raise a child of the man she loves not knowing the real reason he left her RickRoll'D out in the cold like that. Ha Ru messed up by not seen her before he left, but that is the only way that their child together can survive and not be aborted because they think they are siblings. If anything Sori would have every reason to hate Haru since she has no clue to why he left her and might be very resentful towards him. But once Ha Ru returns from the States he is going to be so angry once he finds out it was all a lie and that him and So Ri were cheated a loving life together due to their parents mistake. oh no what GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

If they are doing the thing with the children this is the only thing that makes sense. Meaning:

Cause I couldn’t figure out why Sori would keep the child if she thought it was with her half brothers, or how her parents would let her. If she doesn’t know (about Haru) and lies about the father (to everyone else) that would make the most sense. 

This is the big twist. Don't people marry before having kids in kdrama? It seems like 2/3 of the people get pregnant before getting married.

28 minutes ago, missyjojo88 said:

Today's episode was heart wrenching for sure.    

Now I'm trying to figure out when Ha Ru and So Ri slept together because it didn't even look like they got that far. SMH! :joy:

So Ri is left in the dark and gets the bad end of the stick having to raise a child of the man she loves not knowing the real reason he left her RickRoll'D out in the cold like that. Ha Ru messed up by not seen her before he left, but that is the only way that their child together can survive and not be aborted because they think they are siblings. If anything Sori would have every reason to hate Haru since she has no clue to why he left her and might be very resentful towards him. But once Ha Ru returns from the States he is going to be so angry once he finds out it was all a lie and that him and So Ri were cheated a loving life together due to their parents mistake. 

They had spent a lot of time together. So they weren't just talking about Twist. I like it that we do not get explicit scenes, too much of that everywhere else.

I had rushed through the raw episode, SR was locked up in her house? How could anyone that age not know how to call the police? The father asked for a divorce :hushed:. OH should take him to the cleaners.

• Like 3

I just can't feel sympathy for HO. What happened to her was horrible but it is not OH's fault. She is just using that to justify all of her terrible behavior. I hope that when Haru finds out the truth about his birth it isn't an automatic forgiveness. I could understand forgiving why she was unable to raise him, but the rape is not an excuse for this paternity lie. 

KN basically wanted to prove that he wasn't Haru's father until her heard OH mention forcing Sori/Haru breaking up. Then he was all for playing Haru's father. Along with HO just the worst. 

When seeing how upset Haru was HO acted like it was basically a bother and didn't seem to care about his pain. Of course it matters who his father is when one of the options is his fiancé's father.

I loved that gold digger couple found out together. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joccu said:

this shouldn't be funny but it makes me laugh. so everyone in the family knows except her and no one bothers to tell her???? :lol:

9 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

don't know whether to laugh or shake my head. so how will we get a happy ending with this???? :lol:

2 hours ago, maribella said:

The ratings has gone up? We are doomed.

checked the KBS board and it looked like many were cursing the writer. but then again, same thing for revolutionary sisters which was utterly unwatchable but ratings kept going up... I dropped that drama after a few. lets see how long I watch this one. bit too twisty with the upcoming children... there are not many international viewers for this one. the streaming site I see has no comments. :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

this shouldn't be funny but it makes me laugh. so everyone in the family knows except her and no one bothers to tell her???? :lol:

don't know whether to laugh or shake my head. so how will we get a happy ending with this???? :lol:

checked the KBS board and it looked like many were cursing the writer. but then again, same thing for revolutionary sisters which was utterly unwatchable but ratings kept going up... I dropped that drama after a few. lets see how long I watch this one. bit too twisty with the upcoming children... there are not many international viewers for this one. the streaming site I see has no comments. :sweatingbullets: 

There seems to be an inverse correlation, the ratings are stellar but soompi is cool, then Soompi is in a frenzy like that IU and Lee Jung Gi show, Korean response was average. This is strange.  Let's hope the station has more sense than Second Husband.

• Like 5

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #3): The Most Memorable Characters, Best Abs, and Worst Endings / Biggest Drama Disappointments of 2021

Please vote!

Now you can also vote for:

• the most memorable characters 2021
  • best abs 2021
  • worst drama endings / biggest drama disappointments of 2021

Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maribella said:

SR was locked up in her house? How could anyone that age not know how to call the police?

found that scene really absurd and hilarious. all pork mom had to do was tell her the truth. no need for dramatic butlers (who appear all of a sudden) to lock her up.  this girl didn't even care that her father is hooking up with her future mother-in-law and was more like "sorry mom, I know you are hurting but my love life really matters because we are in love" (eye roll from me). grandparents were aghast and it was simple enough reason for them to change her mind. but sori, no? that is just another obstacle to love. pork mom thinks that sori wll die if she learns the truth -- please, it would have been far easier as the girl has tunnel vision. the birth secret would have stopped her immediately.

• Like 2