[Drama 2021-2022] Love Twist/Twists of Love, 사랑의 꽈배기 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

With 30 eps, I began to see a bit more what the writer intends to do with the drama.   Someone mentioned about HR’s passive behavior which made me think about all the Twist characters.  Unlike some other dailies the Twist characters feel more real with many shades yet the writer deftly handles their strengths and shortcomings depending on what she wants to accomplish/reveal.  
As usual for watching daily, after EP1, I made a lot of FF till EP 20.   However from reading comments here I realized I missed out many things so now I’m trying slowly to rewatch missing episodes.  

Here are a few things I thought of so far;
First it appears the women seem to be the real movers in this drama.

Second, when it comes to motherhood, OH, HO and Mi Ja show their own personality in dealing with it.  

OH says she loves HR like her son but when things happen, her main focus is protecting SR and even if it means HR has to go so be it. 

Though Mi Ja is aware of what’s written on her forehead--‘parasite’  she marches to the drum beat of life with such dignity.  When it comes to her son nothing can stop her.  The chain of her reactions to the news of marriage between KJ and SR shows that I want to nominate Mi Ja for The year of The mother: Yes, from shock/disbelief/doubt,  to waving a fist for her son against OH’s humiliating accusation, then to opening a champaign bottle with her giddy hubby to hurray for the son’s winning marriage lotto!!  haha

Now with HO I have to admit I went through many changes about who she is.   Earlier someone mentioned HO didn’t neglect her son HR. I came to see too that why she did all those things was to protect HR.  But she did it surreptitiously and took in HR’s anger and resentment without protest.   After all  HO turns to be very well fleshed out for such a character.

AzxQJMJ.gif

EP31 preview

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Change Mind I Mean No GIF

ya’ll crack me up. Don’t like the drama but come back anyway…. It’s good twist storyline that has the audience entangled in the twist

suprised the time jump happen already.  I feel bad for the kiddos though.  They are born into confused reality due to selfish affair.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

I was right, KJ is cheating and has another family on the side with the nurse. Looks like she's also teaching their son to be a gold digger - needs subs to confirm. She was threatening KJ before the time leap, with the DNA results no doubt.

MJ and DM are trying something with SR, promotion for their son or money for them.

OH is living in a cheap area and doing charity work. If she reveals the existance of the will, the nurse's DNA threat won't be worth anything.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

How one lie can result in so much hatred and heartache:

Haru thinks the girl he loves and slept with is his sister

Sori despises Haru and hides his child from him

Haru falsely claims another's child as his to push Sori away

Grandfather dies

Sori and Haru marry horrible people who they do not love

OH thinks Haru is first son and keeps divorce settlement for him; living in exile and poverty

OH has no relationship with her daughter

HO and GN were able to marry but are unhappy (I am ok with them suffering)

HO/GN have no relationship with their children or grandchild

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Okay the writer set the new stage after the time jump.  Everything seems to be unfolding in rather a calm manner. There is no shrill nor nasty hurtful talk. But there is a faint rumbling underneath before coming of another a big wave.   
It’s good to know that Do Hee accuses KJ of the death of Chair Oh because of his switch of the DNA result.  Yeah KJ is going to live in fear.:spitswater:

Love Twist tsunami :joy:

uNKxqSp.gif

10 hours ago, MLWetherill said:

How one lie can result in so much hatred and heartache:

Haru thinks the girl he loves and slept with is his sister

Sori despises Haru and hides his child from him

Haru falsely claims another's child as his to push Sori away

Grandfather dies

Sori and Haru marry horrible people who they do not love

OH thinks Haru is first son and keeps divorce settlement for him; living in exile and poverty

OH has no relationship with her daughter

HO and GN were able to marry but are unhappy (I am ok with them suffering)

HO/GN have no relationship with their children or grandchild

SR didn’t despise HR.  She left the baby’s sonogram picture for HR in the book with a note saying she has their baby.  And she said she would wait for HR like in the book which is about two lovers waiting 50 years before reuniting.
:love: The book is “Love in the Time of Cholera”(by the author of magical realism, Gabriel García Márquez; his other famous “One Hundred Years of Solitude”)
OH found Chair Oh’s will which supposedly he left everything to HR.  She said she would keep it secret till everything settles down.   In today’s ep, she indicates she’s ready to go public about it.  
She uses her divorce settlement money to do charity work.  I think she still has 10% stocks in KN’s company.  

OH, lost contact after divorce… secretly watching her grandson

9LHbHYD.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220124201009283

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

So far I love how everything in the time jump is setting up before whatever chaos is to come. Poor Ha Ru in the preview looks a mess. I can only imagine what he must be thinking when he got the email that he is not Sori's brother. Right there it looks like he is realizing he has been cheated the love of his life due to a lie. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

The article says that possible (bloody) revenge by HR will happen.  That’s an interesting route.  Now HR has established a name for himself in business.  Plus he is supposed to have the inheritance from Chair Oh on paper.  It means if he wants he will have power to go after people who wronged him.  Faking DNA is a crime.  Since KN used a faked DNA to kick out HR,  can he stop HR from the inheritance?  

Act 2 begins. Shock and reversal spectating point

O8cXCVE.jpg

(1)SR x KJ, HR x YA's mixed marriage and childbirth!  What is their fate?

(2) Will HR take revenge after learning the lies of his mother HO who ruined his life? What is the truth of the "Oh KN is not your father" mail?

Spoiler

HR suffered misery because of HO's lie that KN was his biological father. The lie that HO started to protect HR from the atrocious Ki-tae had caused a pandemonium,
OH, who believed HO, informed HR of this fact.  Having suffered from learning that SR was his sibling, HR eventually decided to break up with SR.

Not only that, HR refused to become the Oh family despite the persuasion of Chair Oh, who learned that HR was the son of KN.
After HR left for US with YA, in the preview for EP 31, he received an e-mail saying, "Oh KN is not HR's father."
When he learns the truth that he is not KN's biological son, the curiosity is growing as to what kind of bloody revenge he will take.

(3) KJ's scheme that led to the death of Chairman Oh! Will it be revealed?

Spoiler

In order to prevent the marriage between SR and HR, KJ revealed to Chair Oh that HR was the son of KN, shocking Chair Oh.
As a result, Chair Oh tried to prevent his granddaughter SR from giving birth to HR's child, but he fell off the stairs and collapsed.
In addition, KJ, knowing that KN and HR are not paternity, gave Chair Oh a false DNA that HR was KN's real son, and concealed the truth.
As a result, Chair Oh eventually died while writing a will at the hospital without knowing the truth.

Moreover, KJ did not tell SR that the pregnant child by YA was not HR's biological child, and he didn’t tell HR about his marriage to SR, even though SR had HR's child.
In order to achieve the ambition of marrying SR, KJ devises various schemes and uproots the fate of SR and HR.  Now attention is focused on when KJ's secret conspiracy will be revealed.

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220124113246994

EP 32 preview 'I have something I must do as well'

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

I am really curious about the ending of this daily drama. The ones I have watched tended to have unsatisfying endings with forgiveness generally given; even if multiple attempts to murder. Admit have only picked up korean dramas for about two years so may be wrong here. I just feel there are so many wronged people that I will be choked if cheater couple stay together, yet I do not want OH to remarry that selfish jerk.

Some daily start out really well and just fizzle....The Good Supper had such potential but had to drop as FL so blah as an adult.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 31 nicely set up where everyone is and how unhappy most of them are. 

I really hope that email gives Haru a little push. We didn't really get to see him that much, but from the preview it looks like he's finally ready to take an active role in his own life. Fingers crossed for that.

Daily dramas usually take a while for secrets to come out in the open... but with this drama, there are so many birth secrets. Those poor kids. It will be interesting to see which ones get revealed first. 

Time Jump...finally. 

I actually don't mind HO blowing off grandma to go to work. I know its not what is supposed to happen in traditional households, but whatever. KN can go without garlic. I think grandma is realizing how good she had it before with a daughter-in-law she could push around. 

Those kids a lot bigger than I thought they would be. Maybe I just don't know how big a 4 year old is. 

It seems like Haru is doing well for himself. My guess he invests in Twist without Sori knowing its him. Or does he still own shares in Twist, just hasn't done anything with them. I remember when Yoon-ah gave up her shares Sori made her sign something, but we never saw that from Haru's side. 

2 hours ago, booha said:

The article says that possible (bloody) revenge by HR will happen.  That’s an interesting route.  Now HR has established a name for himself in business.  Plus he is supposed to have the inheritance from Chair Oh on paper.  It means if he wants he will have power to go after people who wronged him.  Faking DNA is a crime.  Since KN used a faked DNA to kick out HR,  can he stop HR from the inheritance?  

This actually makes things interesting, especially since Haru has been one of the most passive people on the show. I wonder who he includes on his revenge list. I think it depends on how much of the truth he finds out and when. 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

What I had been waiting for was a change in HR's hairstyle. :blush: I got it. At least if he's going to exact revenge on his feckless mother and stepfather, he would have a serious look. 

The nurse was quite a pragmatic person before the time leap, but now she seems quite nasty; manipulating both her son and KJ. His parents have not improved with time.

KN said somebody has been buying his company's ordinary shares which means the buyer could vote. I say it's either OH or HR. They are the ones with money.

HE is not at all interesting to me. She's still behaving like a princess, no housework and  no sense of being wrong. It must have been 30-40 years since she had money. She's now working at her husband's company from been unemployed and has the perks of a rich man's wife. No wonder the MIL and housekeeper do not like her. 

22 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

actually don't mind HO blowing off grandma to go to work. I know its not what is supposed to happen in traditional households, but whatever. KN can go without garlic

From the other dramas, I saw in laws bring in money, and if poor they became live in housekeeper, even if there was a real maid. 
I have nothing against a woman not doing housework, if she has a career and stands on her own two feet.

HO brought in nothing except herself, working at her husband or family company, she should be good at something, such as peeling garlic.

22 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

Those kids a lot bigger than I thought they would be. Maybe I just don't know how big a 4 year old is. 

They are 6-7 years old acting 4. Just like old actors wearing school uniforms or being weird freshmen - anyway in my freshmen year we were.

edit: I think they have all gone their separate ways except for that stockbuying, most likely by OH. She may want her daughter to have it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

From the other dramas, I saw in laws bring in money, and if poor they became live in housekeeper, even if there was a real maid. 
I have nothing against a woman not doing housework, if she has a career and stands on her own two feet.

HO brought in nothing except herself, working at her husband or family company, she should be good at something, such as peeling garlic.

KN suddenly deciding to return home for lunch and Grandmother expecting his wife to drop everything to cater to that need. NOPE! I don't care that she is working at his company or living off his money, does not mean she needs to drop her plans for his whims. For me to side with the grandmother and housekeeper they needed to use a different example, like some dinner that was planned ahead that she blew off. 

HO isn't wrong, Grandmother spoiled him and I feel like OH went along with it to be the good daughter in law. A mother and wife who went along with whatever he wanted, that's what he is used to. Now that he is married to HO he is getting a rude awakening of a women who won't cater to his whims. I don't like HO but I'm happy about this development. She is all about living the life she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

The time jump now make the drama more interesting cause from now on everything will be unpredictable,no preview nor personality description to guide us how this story gonna unfold lol 

Iove that sori really give a totally good lesson to her dad by cutting her ties to him now KN sure is starting to feel it what he totally wasted ..imagine replacing his family over a 1st love that looks like he will have issue soon because his mother was being disrespected knowing him as the mama's boy that he is.

Haru now will take revenge but im curious to who he will get revenge? And seriously how will they handle kitae this time round is a big big question too. 

Kyungjun tho looks like his been living a miserable life as base on the flashback the nurse really emphasize that its his fault that the grandpa died and looks like its killing him inside and he is totally hopeless and can't  do anything having to family to support and my guess i think KN is giving him money for sori and her son as for sure KN is not that bad towards his grandson especially he want a son but my guess kyungjun using the money to support his 2nd family and once this stuff his doing get exposed damn idk where he will totally be ending up with lol and im happy looks like kyungjun parents were now getting their karma haha instead of them getting support to sori its them helping her out taking care of her child not knowing its not their grandchild at all lol 

For okhee seriously i have a feeling if its not haru who is investing on KN business its really either okhee and i really wanna know how will okhee end up later ..hope she remarried to someone that will make KN regret more of cheating on her

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

50 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

don't like HO but I'm happy about this development. She is all about living the life she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks. 

She has always being self centred without thinking about it. It's not a new development. It's a princess complex because she does not feel wrong about cheating with a friend's husband. She does not care if her son hates her and does not try to win his love. It's a c'est la vie. As a young girl, it sounded like she was indulged and she has not changed. 

I consider it stupid to be so dependent on KN, yet not make any effort to strength her position in the family, including sucking up to the MIL. She has to be pragmatic, he is almost 60 so she would be close. The possibility of her being kicked out penniless at almost 60 is very real when the grandmother finds out the lie and the truth.

I think people have their right to make their own choices but prudence and pragmatism are very necessary for old people. The story liver or die was a daily that left the wayward mother destitute at the end. Unbelievable, no kumbaya.

49 minutes ago, jmaejmae said:

my guess kyungjun using the money to support his 2nd family and once this stuff his doing

I think that he is going to be found out soon. The secretary looked like he was going to say something when KN complained the he was always out. Or the nurse is now unsatisfied with her lot, is she going to blackmail him again?

It's 1/3 over, who is going take revenge? SR is too busy with her company. HR? Can't think of his target.

4 hours ago, MLWetherill said:

am really curious about the ending of this daily drama. The ones I have watched tended to have unsatisfying endings with forgiveness generally given

Yes it's the kumbaya ending, wtod, amnesia and a few chaebols, these form the kdrama core ingredients.

Maybe they will all separate go their separate ways.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Today, whaooo, Haru already knows the real truth, what a twist huh, he saw how bad and stupid he was, but I wonder what becomes of the SFL to whom he said he was going to be the father of the baby, are they married? how is this all going to turn out
Now Sori will know the false truth tomorrow, 

Haru will still keep everything hidden from her.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Today, whaooo, Haru already knows the real truth, what a twist huh, he saw how bad and stupid he was, but I wonder what becomes of the SFL to whom he said he was going to be the father of the baby, are they married? how is this all going to turn out

Looks like that haha damn lie it reach to sori and in my opinion should be so she would know her mother side of the story why she didn't  allow her marriage with jaru wayback then but another twist incoming is when the nurse force kyungjun to stay with her and her son lol but sure haru revenge will be 1st for sure before anyone else 

28 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

Shall I start watching from Ep 30 onwards? :approves:

I suggest u have to watch from the start because alot of events happened on present episodes that have hints from early episodes and ths drama is totally unpredictable 

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Yes the real father is working for SR!!

Now HR is in Korea and his wife the SFL is surprising him by coming to Korea too. 

KN may still be pulling strings to stop SR from succeeding. It looks like HR will be the shadow investor while Next becomes the front. 

PKT thougt he had an ace but it turned out a dud. I think HR told him his parents don't matter. He is a nasty piece. 

In homemade love story, HO played the birth mother of the FL and the birth father was a redeemed convict. He was quite an engaging man. HR's father is a thorough turn off.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1