[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Marvellous Women 当家主母

SC2019

@hush puppy Love your views. But I don't agree with casting a younger FL. Instead I think they should have casted an older ML to match both FLs. This drama drew me because of the FL's acting and I think a younger FL may not be able to act out the range of emotions the FL is experiencing w/o having to overact. Jiang Qin Qin who plays SCX is 46 yo, Yang Rong who plays ZBQ is 40 yo and Xu Hai Qiao who plays RXT is 38 yo. They should have casted an actor that's around 43 yo to play RXT. This will also be in line with the characters' ages, as SCX is supposed to be older than RXT and RXT is in turn older than ZBQ. 

6 hours ago, Polly said:

Xu Hai Qiao who plays RXT is 38 yo. They should have casted an actor that's around 43 yo to play RXT.

9 hours ago, hush puppy said:

But at the end of the day, we still want to take care of the Children, the Home.  Because of our Biological Functions, to a large degree,  our Roles remain the same. 

Emm, but I suppose not everyone). Quite the opposite, nowadays we can choose if we want to have all those things or not). We can put ourselves first, and not be like poor Cui Xi. Today there is no need to leave up to anyone's expectations, but our own ones). 

Re XHQ- I suppose he got the role  because he can deliver that "manly" kind of gentleness, which is a very rare quality among male actors. It's not his fault he looks younger than he is, and  that the production team made his co-star look even  older than she really is  with all that strong makeup and granny-style clothes. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Emm, but I suppose not everyone). Quite the opposite, nowadays we can choose if we want to have all those things or not). We can put ourselves first, and not be like poor Cui Xi. Today there is no need to leave up to anyone's expectations, but our own ones). 

@leo2020   Of course there are Exceptions. There always will be Exceptions in any Era. But the majority still fall into the same routines. Basically, the structure of society is still more or less the same.   Definitely not like Cui Xi.  Cui Xi is from the Qing Dynasty Era.  Certainly cannot compare with the Ladies of the 21st Century.  As I have mentioned, we have more Choices and Financially are more independent now.

And you make me lol with your comments about Cui Xi's "Granny-Style" Clothes. :w00t:.  I couldn't agree with you more.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:52 PM, Polly said:

@hush puppy Love your views. But I don't agree with casting a younger FL. Instead I think they should have casted an older ML to match both FLs. This drama drew me because of the FL's acting and I think a younger FL may not be able to act out the range of emotions the FL is experiencing w/o having to overact. Jiang Qin Qin who plays SCX is 46 yo, Yang Rong who plays ZBQ is 40 yo and Xu Hai Qiao who plays RXT is 38 yo. They should have casted an actor that's around 43 yo to play RXT. This will also be in line with the characters' ages, as SCX is supposed to be older than RXT and RXT is in turn older than ZBQ. 

@Polly  It is normal to have different views.  But I still prefer to have a younger actress.  Not young as in the 20's. Definitely not.  But just a few years older than the ML will do.  As for Yang Rong, she can be replaced by a slightly younger actress too.  So that everyone will be in place: Cui Xi is oldest followed by Xu Hai Qiao and lastly ZBQ.  

• Like 1

I'm surprised not more people are watching and discussing this drama. The story is really good and has so much depth. The cinematography and aesthetic is the finishing touch. Anyone know who is the scriptwriter?

I'm only at episode 25, and I'm confused about the beginning part of the episode when ZBQ gave the secret technique to Li Zhao. Then he said something about how he learned something over the years and that is good memory. What did this mean? And did she give him a fake technique again?

I really hate all the men in this series. :lol: No one is likeable except RRF and that's only in the latter part of the series.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Marvellous Women 当家主母

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl