English title: Till the End of the Moon 

Genre: Ancient, Fantasy

Episodes: 40

Director: Ju Jue Liang
Screenwriter: He Fang, Luo Xuan (罗璇)
Producer: Wang Yi Rong (王翼荣)

Broadcast Period: 2023-Apr-06 to 2023-May-09

Network: Youku

Note: adapted from a novel, Hei Yue Guang Na Wen BE Ju Ben (黑月光拿稳BE剧本) by Li Meng Wei Zhi (藤萝为枝)

Cast:

Leo Luo Yun Xi as Tantai Jin / Cang Jiumin / Ming Ye
Bai Lu as Li Susu / Ye Xiwu / Sang Jiu
Chen Du Ling as Ye Bingchang / Mei Nu / Tian Huan
Deng Wei as Xiao Lin / Gongzhi Wu Ji / Sang You
Sun Zhen Ni as Pian Ran
Geng Ye Ting as Ye Qingyu
Li Pei En as Pang Yizhi
Yu Bo as Di Mian
Huang Hai Bing as Zhao You
Zheng Guo Lin as Qu Xuanzi
Zhang Zhi Xi as Chu Huang
Wang Yi Fei as Si Ying
Xiao Shun Yao as Tantai Ming Lang
Wang Xi Chao as Jing Mie
Chen Bo Hao as Ze Ji
Li Jia Hao as Nian Baiyu

Synopsis:

To save the world from the torturous reign of demon god Tan Tai Jin, Li Susu (the daughter of Heng Yang Sect’s leader) decides to risk all and travels 500 years back in time. Taking the form of Ye Xi Wu, the youngest daughter of Ye Family, she hopes to prevent Tai Jin, who is then a hostage prince and has yet to be totally consumed by evil thoughts, from becoming demon god. However, she does not expect Tai Jin to be Xi Wu’s husband. The two gradually develop feelings for each other. In the end, Susu sacrifices herself to uphold her beliefs and changes the fate of Tai Jin and the world. After the painful loss of his love, Tai Jin searches for the soul of Susu in the Ghost Cry River in the underworld for 500 years. On the brink of death, he was saved by a cultivator. He becomes a disciple of the cultivator's sect and turns over a new leaf. He even gets to meet the woman who has been in his thoughts day and night, Li Susu, once again. Just when the two reconcile, The evil bone Tai Jin’s body was born with is criticised and coveted by others. The three realms are once again in grave danger. In spite of many misunderstandings, the two lovers are able to connect in heart and mind. One becomes god and the other becomes demon so as to work together to turn the situation around and stop the destruction of the world.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

Spoiler
Spoiler

https://m.weibo.cn/2616380702/4700122683015722

https://m.weibo.cn/7711871913/4700209528966789

https://m.weibo.cn/7711871913/4700208276177409

https://m.weibo.cn/7711871913/4700205246844052

https://m.weibo.cn/7711871913/4700203237512534
OSTs:

Additional Links:

https://weibo.com/u/7711871913

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

OMG! I love Leo and Bai Lu, but WOW,  Deng Wei looks stunning :wub:. I'm so happy for him, this looks like a huge break-through for a newcomer like him). Hope he will be OK while filming, because he just finished Chong Zi, and seems to have no rest between the two productions...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Wow everyone looks really good! Seems like this drama has a high budget! Excited!!!!

Yes, it’s a big-budget production. The producer was the producer of Immortality. The director (Legend of the Condor Heroes 2003, Demi Gods and Semi Devils 2003) won Best Director for Water Margin in Magnolia Awards. The stylist worked on Ashes of Love,  Under The Power and Immortality. The art director has Palace of Yanxi and Winter Begonia to his credits. The company handling the world building and set construction was responsible for the same for Ashes of Love, The Untamed and Immortality. The costumer’s signature works are Tiny Times and Tribes and Empires-Storm of Prophecy.

• Like 6

On 11/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, bluehibiscus said:

Yes, it’s a big-budget production. The producer was the producer of Immortality. The director (Legend of the Condor Heroes 2003, Demi Gods and Semi Devils 2003) won Best Director for Water Margin in Magnolia Awards. The stylist worked on Ashes of Love,  Under The Power and Immortality. The art director has Palace of Yanxi and Winter Begonia to his credits. The company handling the world building and set construction was responsible for the same for Ashes of Love, The Untamed and Immortality. The costumer’s signature works are Tiny Times and Tribes and Empires-Storm of Prophecy.

No wonder the quality is so good. I know Leo and Bai Lu's acting/chemistry will not be an issue. Hopefully the storyline is just as good.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 3:26 PM, ElleSor said:

I knew Luo Yunxi looked good evil!!!

Hahahaha! In Ashes of Love he wore white but was bad and now he's wearing black.

He looks so gooooddd!!

Spoiler

I’m not sure he’ll be happy in here lol. His character set up/storyline/the whole plot = massive pains :/ lol

My main pet peeve with this production, and I’ll have to wait until it’s finalised before even having this pet peeve is the length lol. The book is sooooooo long. Unlike Forever and Ever book, which I literally finished in like 1 day, 2 at most, plus it’s so not complicated. This one took me a solid 5 days +, constant reading, barely 4hrs sleep, so I’m not sure if they can pull this off in 40ep :/ the book was solid for the first 1/2 (the stuff about 500yrs ago was gold!), then first half of the second half was solid. But the last part totally lost me! Could be the translation problem, or the author kinda got stuck and don’t know how to get out lol, or I was impatient and so lack of sleep plus poor editing that I’m kinda just skimming through it lol. Anyway, point is they will need really good writer to condense this story down to 40eps (and yea, the book mainly is about them, no side character, n yet they are that long!).

I wonder how they will do these intimate scenes lol, because the morality of the scenes would cause a huge debate lawl. Though certain kissing scenes I’m looking forward to and I’m sure leo will deliver as even now it’s haunting me and I only read about it lawl!

anyhoo, seriously can’t wait for this because the storyline is good!

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 4:18 AM, Alila N said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m not sure he’ll be happy in here lol. His character set up/storyline/the whole plot = massive pains :/ lol

My main pet peeve with this production, and I’ll have to wait until it’s finalised before even having this pet peeve is the length lol. The book is sooooooo long. Unlike Forever and Ever book, which I literally finished in like 1 day, 2 at most, plus it’s so not complicated. This one took me a solid 5 days +, constant reading, barely 4hrs sleep, so I’m not sure if they can pull this off in 40ep :/ the book was solid for the first 1/2 (the stuff about 500yrs ago was gold!), then first half of the second half was solid. But the last part totally lost me! Could be the translation problem, or the author kinda got stuck and don’t know how to get out lol, or I was impatient and so lack of sleep plus poor editing that I’m kinda just skimming through it lol. Anyway, point is they will need really good writer to condense this story down to 40eps (and yea, the book mainly is about them, no side character, n yet they are that long!).

I wonder how they will do these intimate scenes lol, because the morality of the scenes would cause a huge debate lawl. Though certain kissing scenes I’m looking forward to and I’m sure leo will deliver as even now it’s haunting me and I only read about it lawl!

anyhoo, seriously can’t wait for this because the storyline is good!

Oh my! Now you've got me interested in the book!!

Thanks! Hehehehe!

Imma look for it and read up for background and smexy scenes. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Till The End Of The Moon 长月烬明
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Apparently this has wrapped filming!

Yep,  and Deng Wei already took the next job:(. This would be the 3rd round of non-stop drama shooting in a raw for him, after this and Chong Zi. I'm happy to see his recent success, but it's definitely a tough path to take. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Till The End Of The Moon 长月烬明 starring Leo Luo & Bai Lu
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Melons have reported that Till The End of The Moon will be divided into two parts, 34 episodes in the first part and 24 episodes in the 2nd half of the story. It is tentatively scheduled to air 1st Quarter of 2023.

Another source where this is reported: https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-my/長月燼明

《长月烬明》Long Moon Ember:34集
《月照千峰》Moonlight Thousand Peaks:24集

Let's see, shall we, if this is true?

@ElleSor @leo2020

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Melons have reported that Till The End of The Moon will be divided into two parts, 34 episodes in the first part and 24 episodes in the 2nd half of the story. It is tentatively scheduled to air 1st Quarter of 2023.

Another source where this is reported: https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-my/長月燼明

《长月烬明》Long Moon Ember:34集
《月照千峰》Moonlight Thousand Peaks:24集

Let's see, shall we, if this is true?

@ElleSor @leo2020

Let's pray they won't need to cut half of the drama due to some last minute issues like Immortal Samsara did(

• Like 1