[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

36 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

So in this season 2, time travel for ML and probably no romance with new female lead and he want to return in the present where the people he loves lives, but season 3 is rumored to be in other past also 

It is good that this way fans of the previous couple (who were very concerned that Lee Yeon might fall in love with another woman) can be reassured. But I have to admit that time travel stuff worries me. I have a hard time adjusting with the story of creatures with superpowers now we have time travel also? Not only Lee Yeon has superpowers, now he knows the future as well? Geez.  But perhaps Lee Yeon is a human now and he has something big to lose beside trying going back to his family in the future. If he is a human, it is a different aspect of the story but also, other complicated issues with his brother. I find more compeling stories from that perspective. But I doubt this scenario will happen.

I apreciate that they release news and gave us something about the plot.

I am totally fine that Hong Joo has an unrequited love for Lee Yeon. I wish it was not a romantic link between them at all but I can live with that.  I am also understand how a powerful woman (former mountain god) can be bored with her life, the loneliness of deity who only has responsabilities and hardly find an equal partner to spent time with.

But I will be very dissapointed if that will make Hong Joo a bitter character, just for that alone. I also need good reasons for antagonists not behave the way they are. From that perspective, I am curious what happened with Cheon Moo Young, to be against Lee yeon this time. I hope for a complex character but we`ll see. The former villain (from season 1) had a weak development and reason to being evil. JMO.

About season 3. I will laugh if Lee Yeon instead of travelling back to the future, he travels in Joseon. :w00t:

May 3 2022

Lee Dong-Wook, Kim So-Yeon, Kim Beom, & Ryoo Kyung-Soo cast in tvN drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938”

Tale_of_the_Nine_Tailed_1938-a00.jpeg

Lee Dong-Wook, Kim So-Yeon, Kim Beom, & Ryoo Kyung-Soo are cast in tvN drama series “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938.” The drama series is a sequel to 2020 tvN drama series “Tale of the Nine Tailed.” Kim So-Yeon and Ryoo Kyung-Soo will play new characters in the sequel drama series. The story for the sequel drama series will be set right after the first season of “Tale of the Nine Tailed.” A case will have Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-Wook) traveling back in time to the year 1938.

“Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938” will air sometime next year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-Wook) gets involved in an unexpected case that leads him to travel back in time to the year 1938. There, Lee Yeon meets Ryu Hong-Joo (Kim So-Yeon) again. She was once a guardian spirt of a mountain in the west, but in 1938 she is the owner of the best high-end restaurant Myoyeongak in the capital city of Gyeongseong. When Ryu Hong-Joo met Lee Yeon for the first time, she was fascinated by him, but she couldn’t have him. Now, she meets him again and she feels excitement. Lee Yeon also meets his younger brother Lee Rang.

Meanwhile, Cheon Mu-Young (Ryoo Kyung-Soo) used to be a guardian spirit of a mountain in the east and he used to be friends with Lee Yeon and Ryu Hong-Joo. A case led Cheon Mu-Young to become hostile towards him. Lee Yeon struggles to go back to the present day where his loved one lives.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-dong-wook-kim-so-yeon-kim-beom-ryoo-kyung-soo-cast-in-tvn-drama-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

Lee Dong-wook confirmed to appear in ‘Gumiho 1938’… Acting with Beom Kim and Soyeon Kim

Lee Dong-wook said, "I'm happy to be able to play 'Gumiho' once again. I will have fun working with great staff and good actors. Please look forward to it,” he said. Along with Lee Dong-wook, actor Kim Bum will also make a comeback as ‘Irang’. Last season, Lee Rang resolved a misunderstanding with Lee Yeon and made sacrifices, but in 1938, he meets Lee Yeon, who crash-landed with a still rebellious character.

In addition, actress Kim So-yeon will appear in the role of Ryu Hong-joo, the owner of Myoyeon-gak, a high-end restaurant in Gyeongseong, and a former western mountain god, to add tension to the play.

https://www.viva100.com/main/view.php?key=20220503010000719

Lee Dong Wook has a wound on his hand? I hope everyone will film without accidents. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I just love that Hong Joo is kind of at the center of the whole story.

I hope so. I like what I read about So Yeon`s character so far. Hong Joo seems to be an interesting character. The fact that she had a crush on Lee Yeon is explanable (I already talked about it) and I like that everything (the confession and rejection) happened a long time ago. Now the story is about ghost hunting and how Lee Yeon returns home. Of course, she sees her old friend again. ;) (By the way, where is the Lee Yeon from 1938? :w00t:) Hong Joo hates to be bored (and that`s how I imagine a goddess anyway), sometime a little mischievous, sometimes a helper,  "sometimes as an ally and sometimes an enemy in relationship with the other creatures ." She is a grey character.  If the writer will make her with a sense of humor I will be so happy.

• Like 1

Someone posted the picture we`ll saw before and it looks like she/he was there.

The comment:

brown trench coat fluttering actor,

Dressed in white like a fairy

hanging on a crane

Seeing a female actress performing

I thought it was a shooting site for a girl group music video.

Filming Kicks Off for Tale of Gumiho: 1938 Telling the Story Gumiho Brothers Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum Time-travelling to 1938 and Solving a Mistery with Kim So Yeon

a5af94b6032aae6cbf550213ee4b31690f463a6f

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/05/04/filming-kicks-off-for-tale-of-gumiho-1938-telling-the-story-gumiho-brothers-lee-dong-wook-and-kim-bum-time-traveling-to-1938-and-solving-a-mystery-with-kim-so-yeon/

I think Koala is wrong. From what I read, only Lee Yeon travels back in time but I could be wrong myself. 

Actress Kang Yeon Jung`s agency confirmed on Instagram that she will be part of the cast of Tale Of Nine Tailed :1938.

fullsizephoto1460035.jpg

[#Kang Yeonjung] tvN Gumiho2 -  It's a fondant fondant appearance, but I'll take a photo thank you~ :) . 2023 tvn broadcast- I'll greet you with other works too~^^

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc7QNnirjBH/

His agency announced it:

Actor Hwang Hee returns with <Gumiho 1938>. In 1938, Lee Yeon, a nine-tailed fox summoned in an era of chaos, is an action play <Gumiho 1938>. Please look forward to the performance of actor Hwang-hee, divided into the old and new. First broadcast on tvN in 2023.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdPjh9QJx7L/

• Like 1

Actress Kim Jong Ji posted a photo announcing that she is filming the drama and Kim Bum posted a picture a few days ago also.

Picture from one of the sets of filming

Actor Lee Kyu Hyung commented on Lee Dong Wook post:

LKH: If you come to Jirisan to play, contact me!

LDW: keke ok got it, bear!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdRPWQEJWfS/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdSCvV6ps-q/

Spoiler

Trans>

Today's tea shooting Lee Rang, Eunho, and Hongjoo

• Like 2

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the new updates! :).

You`re welcome. Have you watched the first season? Are you interesting in watching the second season too?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, larus said:

You`re welcome. Have you watched the first season? Are you interesting in watching the second season too?

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yes I have, I will be watching S2 it has some of my favourites in it :).

hai @larus , hai @backstreetboysfan.. I've been waiting too long for a season two like this. thank you for sharing with us. :D

Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-gif.gif

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@backstreetboysfan, @twinkle_little_star, hi! Nice.  It is good if you two watched the first season. You can fill the gaps if there is something that was explained in the first season and we don`t understand it. I guess you liked the drama if you are willing to watch the second season also. ;)

So far, I like what I read about the characters. I am not sure about the time travel stuff, if there was the need for that but I hope the plot will be good.  We`ll see.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

20 hours ago, larus said:

@backstreetboysfan, @twinkle_little_star, hi! Nice.  It is good if you two watched the first season. You can fill the gaps if there is something that was explained in the first season and we don`t understand it. I guess you liked the drama if you are willing to watch the second season also. 

So far, I like what I read about the characters. I am not sure about the time travel stuff, if there was the need for that but I hope the plot will be good.  We`ll see.

21 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Your welcome @twinkle_little_star .

I really loved S1. @larus.

hai 

@larus , hai @backstreetboysfan .. , we'll be waiting. thank you for letting me know. :D

d265d8d79cd80fc9d4b905096ab956cfc2870a57

• Like 6