[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

15 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Lee Rang wasnt a mountain deity in the beginning but  he later gained some powers.  

In the first season I liked the story from the past the most. 

I wonder what HJ's powers are...   :D  

So he was not a mountain deity. From what you say and from what I read so far, the gumihos (some of them?) or other creatures have some supernatural powers. What powers do the brothers have? I am curious about Hong joo`s powers as well. From a mountain deity to live among humans is a downgrade. She stepped up voluntarily or she was punished? We`ll see.

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I guess there will be some loveline between LY and HJ... or no...  :unsure:

although I think HJ will boss around

I don`t think it will be a love line between them. I personally want to see a love-hate relationship, some emotions involved but not necessarily romantic love. This way, the people who got a scare that Lee Yeon had romantic feeling for someone else will diminished. If I have to choose, I would like that she will love a baddie and she will be conflicted between him and the good guys, her friends. Or better, I want her to be a grey character with her own story,  someone who works with Japanese and have connection to the Korean independence movement. But I don`t think it will happen. It is a drama with 12 episodes and other leads. 

If I have to guess, I think they will clash as they have a similar background and some bad history between them. Or they will colaborate as good/former friends. Either way, I don`t see how this relationship will deny the story of season one like some people are afraid. I know that he loved a human and that woman was the love of his life. But until he met that woman he had a past, right? He lived hundreds of years before that and met other people. It is impossible, in my opinion to not have a history with other people, especially gumihos, with positive and negative feelings involved. I think Hong Joo is a person who Lee Yeon met a long time ago and meet again in 1930. What is the story between them, we`ll see.

She could be a childhood friend, a former fiancee who he left because he felt in love with someone else, an enemy, everything is possible.

Hong Joo will boss around? Probably. :w00t: I am glad that she is strong character.

I think in this season Lee Rang will have a love story. And Lee Yeon and Hong Joo will butt-heads. Imagine Lee Rang in the middle, between his brother and his friend. :D It is just a thought. Who knows what it will happen?

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 2,구미호뎐2- Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum & Kim So Yeon- Premieres in first half 2023
7 hours ago, larus said:

So he was not a mountain deity. From what you say and from what I read so far, the gumihos (some of them?) or other creatures have some supernatural powers. What powers do the brothers have? I am curious about Hong joo`s powers as well. From a mountain deity to live among humans is a downgrade. She stepped up voluntarily or she was punished? We`ll see.

Lee Yon was the most  powerful mountain deity, but Im not sure if he is immortal.

He can sense the presence of evil spirits.

Lee Rang is half-gumiho.  He can transform his appearance. 

6 hours ago, larus said:

I think Hong Joo is a person who Lee Yeon met a long time ago and meet again in 1930. What is the story between them, we`ll see.

She could be a childhood friend, a former fiancee who he left because he felt in love with someone else, an enemy, everything is possible.

For me, the second season is a new story and it doesnt have to be much related to the previous one.

HJ is a former western mountain deity. Does that mean that the four deities guarded the four sides 

of the mountain.

16 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Lee Yon was the most  powerful mountain deity, but Im not sure if he is immortal.

Lee Rang is half-gumiho.  He can transform his appearance. 

But Lee Yeon lived 1000 years. Isn`t he immortal? I thought all those creatures are immortal and can lose their lives in certain situations. I also thought all gumiho can transform their appearence. I found out something new.

For me, the second season is a new story and it doesnt have to be much related to the previous one.

HJ is a former western mountain deity. Does that mean that the four deities guarded the four sides 

of the mountain.

The story will be new but there are elements that we`ll be the same.

Hong Joo is a former western deity and Lee Yeon is the eastern mountain deity. As I said I want to meet the other two, the southern and northern deities.

Acording to Wikipedia, Lee Kyu Hyung made a cameo as Moon Bear, a former mountain spirit and best friend of Lee Yeon. He owned the Mirror of the Moon, one of the four gems of the four mountain spirits.

From this, I assume that the spirits of the mountain could be different creatures. I thought Hong Joo will be a gumiho but now I think she can be something else as well. Be a gumiho or not, the was a mountain god and she has/had more powers than an ordinary creature. Ryu means dragon/imugi. Is she a dragon? I also concluded that every mountain spirit has a power or a mistical gem. I wish we`ll see all four deities in a scene or two. It will be fun. :D

I hope to see Moon Bear in this season a little bit.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, larus said:

But Lee Yeon lived 1000 years. Isn`t he immortal?

Aren't there some sort of thresholds for gumiho? And by reaching 1000 years they become immortal, but until then they are sort of regular gumiho? Earlier they are powerful and can shape shift only (I think it was 600 years as a line from which they gain the ability).

It's more of consistency. In season one we have some of the backstory of brothers' life before the series, which become sort of canon facts (vague, yet still holding information about their past and shape they connection).

The second season is a new story, but has the same characters and - theoretically - the same information about them (personality, history, relationships).

It's the matter of how well writers will incorporate new storyline, yet stay true to the original series. After all they will deal with fans who are they to met the story they expected since the revelation from the first season, and also new fans who just started the adventure with characters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Aren't there some sort of thresholds for gumiho? And by reaching 1000 years they become immortal, but until then they are sort of regular gumiho? Earlier they are powerful and can shape shift only (I think it was 600 years as a line from which they gain the ability).

That makes more sense. So older they are the stronger they get. And I read that after reaching 1,000 years of age they become celestial creatures. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 9:59 PM, rocher22 said:

I have a question. You said that Lee Yeon can sense the presense of evil spirit. How come? There are evil creatures that transform as humans, live among them and do harm to them or it is a spirit that possesses the creatures?
The little synopsis that we have said that the story of season 2 is Lee yeon`s becoming the mountain god and Lee rang`s unfinsished story .But Lee yeon becoming mountain god is more of the story of season 3 in my opinion.

Olso , the `ghost story hunting project` that I read in the synopsis of season 1 means that he is protecting the good people of those evil spirits but is not about ghosts, right? I already watch this not liking the genre much I don`t want a ghost story as well. Another genre that I don`t watch.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I have a question. You said that Lee Yeon can sense the presense of evil spirit. How come? There are evil creatures that transform as humans, live among them and do harm to them or it is a spirit that possesses the creatures?

Yes, it was his punishment to find and kill the evil creatures  that live among humans.

I think no ghost appeared in the first season. :unsure: :D

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Yes, it was his punishment to find and kill the evil creatures  that live among humans.

I think no ghost appeared in the first season. :unsure: :D

Good. No ghosts. When the synopsis said "ghost hunting" it means the hunting the evil spirits/creatures. I am glad.

• 2 weeks later...

[Interview] Kim Bum "It's already 17 years, learning how to recharge through 'Gumiho' and 'Law School'"

6a3af4d0-4c3e-4e05-9460-9b3775923250.jpg

Sports Korea recently met Kim Bum, who just finished the end of 'Ghost Doctor', through an online video interview. He was bright and cheerful like Go Seung-tak in the tvN drama 'Ghost Doctor', but he analyzed it in detail like Han Jun-hui in the JTBC drama 'Law School'.

- The news of the production of season 2 of 'Gumiho' has been brought in. Fans have high expectations.

▶ It is also my favorite work more than anyone else. I like it as much as the fans like it. After that, whenever I needed healing while working on projects, I watched 'Gumiho' several times while running. Not because I was satisfied with my acting, but because I enjoyed the time I spent with them all. The production of season 2 is really exciting and exciting news. I am looking forward to what kind of story the second part of 'Gumiho' will unfold.

- Is there a role or genre you would like to challenge?

▶ I am not thinking of a specific role or character. Even if it is a coincidence, I try not to have any rejection or prejudice towards works that come to me. Rather than looking for one work or genre, I am trying to objectively look at the works given to me. I want to be open and not limited to one color.

more https://news.nate.com/view/20220309n04232?mid=e1100

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, rocher22 said:

just for fun..  :D but I already like the chemistry.

They can scream, all right. :w00t:

I am curious about their interaction in the drama. If Lee Yeon is the best friend with Moon Bear, the third mountain diety, I wonder what is the relationship with the other two. I assume is not that good. Or they all used to be friends. :D As I said before, I hope they will show all four mountain gods, at least in some scenes. They are all former mountains gods, but I wish to see their relationship when they ruled the Korean Peninsula together.

• Blob 1

I am not the only one interested in the mountain gods. :D I am curious who they were and their stories and I hope they show all four.

I think Ryu Hong Joo is the name she chose for the human world and I think she is a dragon. I also think the forth mountain god is a tiger and I think is a man but it will be cool if is going to be a woman also to balance everything. West (female)- East (male),  North (male)- South (female).

From what I read, the mountain gods have a stone or a magical powerful object and have a specific weakness.

• 3 weeks later...

In the latest Studio Dragon business report,  Tale of Nine Tailed S2 is listed among the upcoming productions. Channel: tvN (no streaming platform indicated)

Broadcast: 1st half of 2023

Episodes: 12

Scriptwriter: Han Woori

PD: Kang Shin Hyo

Cast> Lee Dong Wook, Kim So yeon, Kim Bum

• 2 weeks later...

Today, 18 April, took place the first script reading. The name of the drama is Tale of Nine Tailed 1938.

It looks like Kim Yong ji will appear in the second season also. I know she was one of fan favorite in the first season. I have a curiosity. I did not watch the season 1 but I think her character entered Lee Rang's life later. How she can be in 1938? Perhaps she plays another character.