[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

51 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

hmm...Dongbangsak is only related to Hongju...  I didnt expect that...

Is he Young Hoon? If he is, then he doesn't play Dongbangsak. It is said in the tvN site that he is Yoo Jae Yoo (the character' name), and he is Hong joo's bodyguard. He is a Jingo dog. 

I read about Dongbangsak in Korean folcklore and I want to see this character in the drama. He is funny and a good manipulator. 

35 minutes ago, larus said:

Is he Young Hoon? If he is, then he doesn't play Dongbangsak. It is said in the tvN site that he is Yoo Jae Yoo, and he is Hong joo's bodyguard. He is a Jingo dog. 

I read about Dongbangsak in Korean folcklore and I want to see this character in the drama. He is funny and a good manipulator. 

I thought it was YoungHoon..  :unsure:

Reading about Mu young, it seems that he is responsable of the time travel. He stole a powerful stone and went to the past.  Is he from the future as well? He once was the most gentle from the mountains gods. I am sad that he is so bitter right now. What did happen to him? He had a lot of great potential. Why waste it like this? 

Why he choose to make Lee Yeon back in time? If he wants to hurt/ kill what Lee Yeon's love, it was not easy to travel back himself to the present 2020/ future 2020 and fight Lee Yeon? Why 1938? It seems that Lee Yeon was an opium addict in those times so he did not participate a lot in the events from that time. 

But it was not easier to hurt Lee yeon in the present? It would made more sense. But maybe he wants to save someone as well not only has a plan for revenge. 

I am very intrigued by his character. 

And Hong Joo is very lonely as expecting. Being too powerful is not a bless sometimes. But she has four girls under her protection. I can't wait for their scenes with Hong joo. I also hope Hong joo will realize that she has friends and stop the obsession about Lee yeon. We'll see what happens. 

by Lily Alice, April 10, 2023
7 2

The upcoming fantasy K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 got its character posters revealed. 

In the first poster, Lee Dong Wook is seen carrying a Winchester rifle aiming at his target. His poster says, "Perplexed? I understand. Because, right now, that's exactly how I feel too". Judging by the poster, it seems that Lee Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) has encountered past enemies who plan on taking him down at all costs. 

d02VE0_2f.png

Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) - "Mountain Goddess of the West" - wears a white elegant dress, a floppy hat, and a lovely smile in her character poster. What's really eye-catching is that she is holding a shining ring, and the poster says, "You are here, Honey?". Hong Joo is the guardian spirit of a mountain in the west, who has a crush on Lee Yeon. She also owns a high-end restaurant in Gyeongseong (the old name for Seoul). One of the exciting factors about the upcoming series is her dynamics with the gumiho. 

Xd2vYp_2f.png

The next poster shows Kim Bum holding an axe with a mischievous look in his eyes and a sneaky smile that portrays his troublesome character. His poster says, "Hyung (Brother), you aren’t dead yet?". Season 1 showed that Lee Rang (Kim Bum) shares a bitter relationship with his brother Lee Yeon and often causes trouble that puts Lee Yeon in a difficult situation. Let's see how the relationship of the duo unfolds in season 2. 

The next poster shows Kim Bum holding an axe with a mischievous look in his eyes and a sneaky smile that portrays his troublesome character. His poster says, "Hyung (Brother), you aren’t dead yet?". Season 1 showed that Lee Rang (Kim Bum) shares a bitter relationship with his brother Lee Yeon and often causes trouble that puts Lee Yeon in a difficult situation. Let's see how the relationship of the duo unfolds in season 2. 

RBj36o_2f.png

The last poster is of Ryu Kyung Soo, who plays the character of  Cheon Moo Young (the "Mountain God of the North"). He has a white mask in his hand, and he sits in a dark room where light touches only half of his face. On his character poster, it says, "I will take revenge until he loses everything he holds dear". Moo Young used to be on good terms with Lee Yeon, but circumstances led him to become hostile toward the gumiho. 

Spoiler

2woq6V_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938?

Episode 1 of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will be released on May 6. More news about the K-drama's broadcast on OTT platforms is yet to come. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-dong-wook-kim-bum-and-others-prepare-for-the-war-ahead-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

Lee Dong-wook faces old foes in Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

by tccolb

New character posters have come out for tvN’s upcoming Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 and it’s another delicious feast for the eyes, showcasing our yummy leads Lee Dong-wook (Bad and Crazy), Kim So-yeon (Penthouse 3), Kim Bum (Ghost Doctor), and Ryu Kyung-soo (Glitch).

The fantasy-action’s new second season brings back our gumiho-hero Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), who is mysteriously summoned back in time to 1938, where trouble awaits. Although Yeon is talking to one of the characters in his poster’s tagline, it’s a fitting comment that could be directed to us as well: “Confused? I understand. I feel exactly the same way right now.”

As the story follows our trapped hero, we walk down Yeon’s memory lane in 1938, where he re-meets the antagonistic, past version of Lee Rang (Kim Bum). Wielding a shiny, new axe in his poster, Rang greets his older brother with that grin we’ve all missed, “Hyung, you’re not dead yet?”

But Rang isn’t the only blast from the past and a stunning Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon) stops Yeon in his tracks with a cheeky, “You’re here, honey?” in her poster. Once the guardian spirit of the west, Hong-joo is a restaurateur in 1938 with more than a few tricks hidden in her sleeves.

Rounding up the frenemy group, the former guardian spirit of the north Chun Moo-young (Ryu Kyung-soo) is also lurking in the shadows. With serious resolve, Moo-young reveals, “I’m going to get revenge. Until I’ve taken away everything he cherishes.”

Directed by PD Kang Shin-hyo with scripts penned by Han Woo-ri, tvN’s Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 premieres next month on May 6, following Pandora: Beneath the Paradise in the weekend slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/lee-dong-wook-faces-old-foes-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938/

Ryu Hong Joo played by Kim So yeon

02d6179970667a1172e7783d6f291f5413c4d69e

Former  Western Mountain God, the owner of Myoyeongak, a top notch restaurant in Gyeongseong. Strangely, there is a woman there rumored to `never age`.

By the way, `if you compete against me and win, you`ll have to years`. Where does the alcohol go into that slender body? Beside, no one knows about her, but she is the owner of tremendous superpowers.

She is one of the four mountain gods that ruled the Korean Peninsula along with Lee Yeon. The main body is a natural monument and a grade 2 endangered eagle owl. The reason why a large raptor called the king of the wild has settled in Myoyeongak....Isn`t there anything interesting? `It`s not the only once or twice that I`ve violated all the rules of the mountain gods and been caught and sentensed to hell.

There are a lot of people around me but I don`t have any friends. `Those who are weaker than me can`t be friends. Because of the creed of not having friends, actually might have been a little lonely.

Meeting Lee Yeon again, her eyes suddenly come alive. Lee Yeon?!!! I said to Lee Yeon from the moment we fist met in a distant past. `You will be mine`. Hearing rumors that he felt in love with some kind of woman, she was enraged. Lee Yeon appeared at Myoyeongak on his own feet?! `If you are not mine, I`ll kill you.`

7178ce00d084d02cdea8440dcb1dd6be7316d7c4

Yoo Jae Yoo

Hong Joo`s bodyguard

A loyal and taciturn man who stands by Hong Joo like a shadow. The main body is a `local Jindo dog` and he is secretly proud of the fact that he is designated as Natural Monument nr 53. Except for Hong Joo`s safety, he has no interest in anything.

Spoiler

b398dd30fb02391374dea5d0a266550ad7516e77

Mae Hwa

When she was young, she was collected by Hong Joo while begging on the road.

Nancho

Her ideal type is a man who is `young, handsome, and has expensive cultural housing`.

0df777d5217b38ef30d4da8081cb29579baa1ca4

Guk Hee

Born as the youngest daughter of a family of five, she grew up unable to eat properly. She has a voracious appetite and often steals side dishes from customers.

c44a1de4b013b2abe3f6a91f80b86488f5952c44

Jughyang

A young girl abandoned by her father. Unexpectedly, she is a genius girl.

https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-1938/character/?pgmPrsnGropSeq=2670

Mu Young, red and white masked man, former northen mountain god

6f8044cb40afbe9cfe67f41dc98ccd92aeedd8ec

The mysterious Hongbaek Tal/Shadow, who stole the Three Heavens Guardian Stone and fled to the past. He is also the one who imprisoned Lee Yeon in 1938. Even in an all-out war with lee Yeon, he has the martial arts skills, excellentmedical skills and the ability to control fire. Hongbaek? what is the true identity beyond the mask? The former `God of the Northen Mountains. His body is a tiger . Brutally turning him into a monster if necesarry and even slaughtering Lee Rang . If only he could catch Lee Yeon. The only thing that makes him weak is Hong Joo. Moo Young always looked at Hong Joo`s back, because he was a `best friend`.  What is the reason he is aiming for Lee Yeon? From friend to foe. An unavoidable battle awaits them, who know each other better than anyone else.

https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-1938/character/?pgmPrsnGropSeq=2672

ec533b09817828249cd4be8df16895246874db41

Kato Ryuhei played by Ha Do Gwon

Guvernor- General`s Bureau of Police

One of the most powerful people in the Japanese Government - General of Korea, who can decapitate the head of Jogno Police station just with one word. he is from Choshu domain, which produced the rioders of Jeonghanron, and he is known only as an elite bureaucrat.

bdab653ec2faa2565fdb613a86976a6b814c162b

Akira Saito played by Im Ji Ho

Police officer of the Security Departement of the Government General Office

A stocky physique, eyes that can see through people. A Japanese monster filled with the spirit of a samurai. With arms and legs of the police chief, he takes the lead in oppressing Joseon while pretending to be human.

https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-1938/character/?pgmPrsnGropSeq=2674

Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938 unveils character posters for Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum and Ryu Kyung Soo

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

By Bollywood Hungama News Network -
April 10, 2023 - 5:34 PM IST
Tale-Of-The-Nine-Tailed-1938-unveils-cha

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, 2020 fantasy drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed tells the story of a mythical nine-tailed fox Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. The new mysterious poster features Yi Yeon stranded in 1938 Japan. Director Kang Shin Hyo and scriptwriter Han Woo Ri from Season 1 will be reuniting for the new project.

As the Korean tabloid Soompi notes, though Yi Yeon ended up with his love interest Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The new posters feature the four main characters, each with an object that is meaningful to them. The first poster features Yi Yeon with a rifle in his hands and a text that reads, “You’re baffled? I understand. Because that’s exactly how I feel right now.”

The second poster sees the elegant Mountain Goddess of the West Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), who has been longing for Yi Yeon for hundreds of years, as she hands a ring to someone saying, “Honey, you came.”

In another poster, Yi Rang (Kim Bum) greets his brother Yi Yeon saying, “Brother, you aren’t dead yet?” In 1938, Yi Rang still hasn't resolved his misunderstanding with his elder brother, Yi Yeon, causing a sense of familiarity in his eyes, marked by hatred and rebellion.

In the last poster, Yi Yeon’s longtime friend and former Mountain God of the North Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo) is up for a war against Yi Yeon as he says, “I will take my revenge until I take away everything that he cherishes.”

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/international/tale-nine-tailed-1938-unveils-character-posters-lee-dong-wook-kim-yeon-kim-bum-ryu-kyung-soo/

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' starts hunting to protect everyone.

521945_643831_2657.jpg

On the 12th, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (directed by Kang Shin-hyo, scripted by Han Woo-ri) released the third teaser video of Lee Yeon (played by Lee Dong-wook), who turned the year 1938 upside down. From the reunited brothers Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum) to the never-ending bad relationship Ryu Hong-ju (played by Kim So-yeon) and Moo-young Cheon (played by Ryu Kyung-soo), the reunion of those who should never meet raises curiosity about what story will unfold.

The third teaser video raises expectations for the unusual reunion of brothers Lee Yeon and Lee Rang. Lee Rang of 1938 has tousled long hair and a rebellious look in her eyes. With Lee Yeon's bitter nagging of "Quit smoking, you young RickRoll'D" pouring out at him, the brothers who meet again do not hesitate to engage in a gunfight. However, Lee Yeon's question, "If the past changes, will the future change?" adds to the sadness of the story hidden between the two brothers. Because he knows the 'past future' of Lee Rang, who gave his life to protect his brother.

The more Yi-yeon cherishes his younger brother, the more dangerous Lee Rang becomes. From the former western mountain god Ryu Hong-ju to the former northern mountain god Cheon Moo-yeong, two people with as much power as Lee Yeon begin to choke the brothers. A fierce battle ensues, with provocations such as "Get it if you can" and warnings such as "You'll see everything you care about die." Attention is focused on his hunt to protect everyone, whether he will be able to keep his principle of "Fox repays grace and repays enemies" this time as well.

http://www.newsculture.press/news/articleView.html?idxno=521945

There is a longer version of the 3rd teaser

Lee Rang was on the train. I like how the brothers met in this season.

Visually, everything looks very good. But I am tired already with all the fights. Can we have some light scenes as well? I am looking forward to watch Hong Joo and her girls.

Kang Na-eon, 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' ahead of the airing... 'Beauty' that seems to be possessed

2023041214095208692d3244b4fed22114823831

Actress Kang Na-eon revealed his daily life with a selfie with an extraordinary atmosphere.

On the 11th, her agency, Enter Seven, released Kang Na-eon's selfie through the official SNS channel, attracting fans with various poses and daily photos that stand out with a unique mood.

The released selfie drew attention as it gave a glimpse into Kang Na-eon's current situation ahead of the first broadcast of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' after the end of the drama 'One Big Scandal'. Kang Na-eon showed off her bewitching beauty with black hair and clear skin, earning enthusiastic responses from fans.

Kang Na-eon, who is known to be reviewing her next project after taking a break, is raising expectations as the first episode of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' is set to air on May 6. In ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, Kang Na-eon plays Guk-hee, who lives at Myoyeon-gak, a top-notch restaurant in Gyeongseong.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202304120290

Yes, I am looking forward to see her in this drama. And Joo Ye Rim. I want to know more about Joo ye rim`s role.

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Protects Kim Bum From Dangerous Forces Including Kim So Yeon In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-2.jpg?s=900x600&

Apr 12, 2023
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has dropped a jam-packed new teaser!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released teaser begins with Yi Yeon’s half-brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum) from 1938 sporting a rebellious and defiant gaze. As he lights his cigarette, an unexpected rifle shot takes out his flame with frightening aim. The scene is followed by Yi Yeon’s nagging, “Stop smoking, you brat!” Their tense riffle battle and Yi Rang’s question, “Hyung, you still haven’t died yet?” tease the return of Yi Rang’s hostility toward Yi Yeon.

Yi Yeon questions, “If the past changes, does the present also change?” However, as Yi Yeon starts to look after Yi Rang more, the brothers face dangers from both the former “Mountain Goddess of the West” Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) and the former “Mountain God of the North” Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo). Ryu Hong Joo chillingly declares, “Try and save him if you can.”

Fierce action ensues, and Yi Yeon warns, “If you even dare touch a hair on my younger brother’s head…” The teaser ends with Yi Yeon stating, “Foxes repay kindness but also take revenge.”

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=221445740488371

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579591wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-protects-kim-bum-from-dangerous-forces-including-kim-so-yeon-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-teaser

I did not watch the first season so I can be not totally right but I think Lee Yeon has neglacted his brother in the past. I don`t know if he will change the future as well, but I am glad that he is looking for Lee Rang in 1938 and tries to protect him. I don`t blame Lee Yeon for the wrong choices his younger brother did but he could have searched for him as much as he searched for his first love and try to clear missunderstanding between them. We found out that in 1930`s times, Lee yeon had his own problems, addicted to opium but this Lee Yeon from the future, can change things for the better for them. The problem is... what else he will change after the time travel. Definetely, there will be changes.

• Like 1