[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

Regarding the upcoming episode, the drama’s production team told viewers to anticipate some unexpected misfortune at Choi Woong’s personal exhibition. They stated, “Choi Woong and Guk Yeon Soo will face another crisis that shakes them. Please watch to see whether the two, who previously strengthened their love, will be able to maintain it.”

Credit to the owner

• Like 2

So ML's going to Paris,  not sure that FL follows him now with her grandmother is sick, 
Ji-woog is going to lose his mother in the last episode, I guess it will be some sort of opening so he can move on and start seeing Chaerang as a love interest for him.

• Like 2

At this point I don’t know what to expect from tomorrows episode. Seeing the story flow so far I am totally not expecting a sad ending. However I can’t rule out an open ending and I don’t think the main couple should get a open ending. Here’s hoping it’s a clear cut happy ending.

I do think somehow that JiUng and NJ belong together. But if not together, Both the characters deserve a happy ending at least on their own. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Episodes like today's remind me of my own hardships, and how I wish we all just stayed kids forever. Adulting sucks. :tears: 

I think we're gonna have a timeskip, and for once, I don't mind it. CW wants to do something with all his heart for the first time in a very long time, but YS can't leave halmoni. Their love is strong now, it will survive a long distance relationship.

That Nu-a scene, smh, brutal 4 mins, very realistic, very hurtful, incredible acting from both actors, but especially CWS. Bravo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The Nua scene was really good acting. But Nua shaming Ung for being the more mature one and letting go was so extreme. Him implying that Ung can’t protect things precious to him and that he’s a weakling was so mean. It totally broke my heart . But the show I guess wanted to portray that Ung had multiple blows in one day and since he’s so resilient such a harsh statement was required to break him.

And honestly it’s true when you feel low in life many things happen concurrently in the most important spheres in the same time frame. Sometimes time and circumstances are super harsh on people and during that phase there’s no respite. But what I’m not able to understand is that Ung was there for YS and he even consoled Ji Ung by having alcohol with him. But what about him there is no one consoling him :( 

Ung is super resilient and a very exceptionally strong person despite his abandonment issues. But even the most resilient people need support. So who’s supporting him? Or is it that with YS back in his life now is what is giving him strength? And this strength with his inherent resilience and a certain calmness he has will sail him through? But I still feel bad he’s still alone again on this particular day despite YS being back in his life. :heartbreak:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

The penultimate 15th episode follows the familiar route of the drama world.A sweet pill followed by a bitter one.Was it meant to comfort the viewers that the plot won't step beyond the conventional? It did add enough tease to keep the fluttering feeling of will we get HE or an open one hinting on good things down the road.

Woong's demeanor fooled everyone from JW,Yeonsu,Nua,his art professor and others that he encountered.Only his parents and Eunho had an inkling of the turbulence beneath the calm and idyllic personna.Nice articulation by the art critic of Woong being an artist without a soul who hides behind brilliant technique and has everyone falling for the ruse.

Like Jjonngjong Woong too will venture out and have his own happy place under the sun.There will be many people around him to blow the abandonment and confidence issues away.He is healing and will help Yeonsu and JW do it too.

It will be Woong's memorable summer after all.Though it started with the promise of being a beloved summer of the 3 idiots.

Wshing more screentime in ep 16 for Eunho and Sol one of my fav couple.Their story was the most refreshing laced with fun and warmth.I hope the ending of their arc is befitting to the buildup till now.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

@minglanfan2 thanks for your perspective. After today’s episode I felt that  life’s unfair to Ung since he has nobody to fall back on but has to be there for everyone else. I was honestly so sad for his character that I couldn’t see beyond that. 

but now that I have read what you have said I feel that Ung stepping out in the world and revealing his identity and participating in his new documentary is like the Jjongjong stepping out in a pram. His manager and friend EunHo was always steering him around and protecting him while he was working, making appearances or giving interviews. When he filmed the documentary also it was Ji Ung who was the PD and he was still in a protected and safe and familiar environment. They even disappeared for a day when Chae ran was furious at them for their unprofessionalism and wasting their time. But Ji Ung said nothing. Cause In he documentary scenario  even though Ji Ung was processing his own one sided feelings, Ji Ung was Ung’s safety net and did not scold him.

I definetely do not think that Ung’s drawings are soul less. The critic criticised them because they are a peek into Ungs world. But him being hidden away in his own bubble world with safety nets his horizon is so limited that at this point his drawings lack depth because he hasn’t explored the world enough to incorporate a wide spectrum of thoughts, ideas and creativity. Exposing himself to the wider world will help him process his feelings and interpret them and reflect his true pure, kind and compassionate soul. This exhibition and his drawings so far were  ungs way of giving people access to his hidden closed off world, a peek into it from his window. The night timing also shows that he wanted to show people his world on his terms. He wanted to retain control of how much of himself he puts out to the world and hence he was holding back his true beautiful self. 

him taking up a course Ina different country is what JjongJong did stepping out normally without a safety net. Nobody could do it for him/her he just has to be brave take a stand and one day do it for himself/herself. Jjongjong did step out and met new people like the two school girls but still came back home. Ung would also step out meet new people and come back to YS. YS will just have to keep her promise and wait for him like she said whenever he comes back she will be there and won’t let him go. She needs to wait for him as he was there for her at this point when he himself is broken. Being there for each other and communicating through it all is their learning and healing journey that makes up these 16 episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, Raynaa said:

@minglanfan2 thanks for your perspective. 

I definetely do not think that Ung’s drawings are soul less. The critic criticised them because they are a peek into Ungs world. But him being hidden away in his own bubble world with safety nets his horizon is so limited that at this point his drawings lack depth because he hasn’t explored the world enough to incorporate a wide spectrum of thoughts, ideas and creativity. Exposing himself to the wider world will help him process his feelings and interpret them and reflect his true pure, kind and compassionate soul. This exhibition and his drawings so far were  ungs way of giving people access to his hidden closed off world, a peek into it from his window. The night timing also shows that he wanted to show people his world on his terms. He wanted to retain control of how much of himself he puts out to the world and hence he was holding back his true beautiful self. 

him taking up a course Ina different country is what JjongJong did stepping out normally without a safety net. Nobody could do it for him/her he just has to be brave take a stand and one day do it for himself/herself. Jjongjong did step out and met new people like the two school girls but still came back home. Ung would also step out meet new people and come back to YS. YS will just have to keep her promise and wait for him like she said whenever he comes back she will be there and won’t let him go. She needs to wait for him as he was there for her at this point when he himself is broken. Being there for each other and communicating through it all is their learning and healing journey that makes up these 16 episodes. 

It was nice reading your thoughts.

How art makes 1 feel is very subjective. What I took away from the series till now was Woong having a talent for drawing.He pursued as he enjoyed it.It was his companion when young.He could be close to Yeonsu in university through it.When she left it was his therapy tool box to carry on.He didn't intend to become famous it happened and he went along.He painted buildings which are just structures devoid of emotions.They do age like emotions and the enviornment around them add perspectives but he didn't delve into that aspect.Hence the soul less mention.

He wanted to open up like Jjongjong hence the unusual night time exhibition even though everyone mentioned it being not helpful to him as an artist.Woong didn't care. I think he has finally decided to explore the buildings from architectural POV rather than a painter's.Whether he would do it abroad or in SK I don't know.But I am sure he will take that path.The critic appraised him as a painter not an architect. 

I liked the conversation between Woong and the guy who plagiarized his artworks. He couldn't scale up to Woong's level of expertise despite copying and given a hand in his career by non exposure of the shameful act. To hide his shame,shortcomings he did what many of us do become petty and mean.He talked about no growth in Woong when his entire growth came by leeching on Woong the artist.

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Current Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는 - Choi Woo-shik & Kim Da-mi • Mon & Tues @ 22:00 KST / Final EP today!!