[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

13 hours ago, marrez1 said:

saw the trailer for the next episode, so for NJ I just wanna say that she's starting to see Yeonsoo as a rival now that she knows they were ex, in the last episode when they were talking in the Woong car,  Woong practically left her a door open, it was awkward on his part since he didn't think about it but at the same time he was not firm in his intention not to go out with her, it is like that so NJ wanna fight to get the man she loves, unrequited love? NJ believes in her chances

Yep, NJ unlike Woong is definitely more aware of people's feelings. She could tell YS is still interested and Woong's refusal to her advances means he's definitely not over YS. NJ is a go-getter person. Just like her boldness when confronting Woong, she'll be just the same when overcoming her competitors. Regarding woong, I agree that he isn't being very clear with NJ. He definitely sees her as an acquaintance right now. He probably has some idea about her crush on him but as he is still hung up on YS and not looking for a relationship, he's just brushing off her advances. Woong is trying to move on, this is why he will tell everyone that he and YS are friends, not knowing how hurtful that is for YS. What I fear however is that once their dating rumours break, Woong would be more worried about NJ's wellbeing than trying to set the records straight with YS. 

21 hours ago, Noha Mohamed said:

That's totally okay if CW and YS no longer have feelings for each other, but they do. KJW has been closely watching YS and he knows she still feels something, and like Mr. Jang said, everyone knows it's not over yet for CW.

I feel like KJW is setting himself up for failure. YS will never reciprocate his feelings, and when CW finds out, it will never be the same between them

The thing about human feelings is that you can't control it. It's OK for me if Jw has feelings for YS because he can't control them. What he can control is how he reacts on it.even in ep 10, you could tell that Jw wasn't making any inappropriate moves on YS. I hope it stays this way. He could tell she was upset with Woong-NJ and probably decided to distract her by asking her to eat. He still seeked woong for comfort and even reminisced how they used to spend time whenever he slept over Woong's place. Jw is aware that Woong is a source of comfort when it comes to his mom and he's not going to jeopardise that. 

The next conflict is the possibility that Woong is suspicious of Jw's crush on YS. Looks like JW will continue to deny. 

Ep 11 preview, Woong will attract unwanted attention with the dating rumours with NJ. I'm guessing he will take the approach of locking himself in his house but if the reporters find out where he lives too, it will be a headache. I wonder what's the conversation YS is listening in, the ones among her colleagues. Maybe Ys's company and Woong will collaborate again? 

I'm happy to see YS stepping up and telling Woong that she can't be friends with him, essentially admitting her feelings for him, so now the ball is in his court to respond. Woong needs to evaluate his own feelings, the fear of abandonment is still there but is he willing to take a chance again with YS, considering this time around, YS has accepted her fault for the demise of their relationship and seems really regretful. 

At the start of the drama, i was looking forward to seeing YS doing the chasing and regretting as I felt bad for Woong but now that it's happening, I feel bad for YS. :sad1: it's a vicious cycle really. Can't wait for next week. My biggest regret for this drama is following it live. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

My OBS chingudeul, I am late again to share my 2 cents. :happyshakes:

So I binge watched the last two eps today and in ep9 these are the most that caught my attention:

IMG-20220105-181526.jpg

1. The convo of CU and KYS about the kiss.  What should they do? pretend that it didn't didn't happen or ask for forgiveness.  

But these two didn't happen because the answer is 'The Two Become Friends' (full of hypocrisy, lol,  if I were one of them, I would ask immediately if we have still the chance to be with each other, and if not, then proceed to finalize the so called 'being friends'. 

2. I never thought that Yeonsu would step up to be the one that hanging around with Ung. Those interactions in the house are phenomenal for Yeonsu's personality but she did it. However, the problem here when Yeonsu got warm, Ung showed a passive character who is very unlike of him compare to his personality before. 

Therefore I conclude that Ep9 interactions of the leads got wasted. The chance of getting together is already there but just became dusts. The brighter side is the story gets prolonged. Plus, Yeonsu realized how important the person she abandoned before. Poor Ung. 

3. For Ji Ung,  his feelings is getting clearer2. Even his junior colleague felt /saw in him the hidden feelings he had for Yeonsu.  While NJ on the other hand is still in the process of taking her ways to Ung slowly. 

:fun:

IMG-20220105-184429.jpg

In ep10 

1. NJ's story was revealed. How she knew Ung in the past. Ung made her feel warm in her heart. 

2. Yeonsu confirmed herself that she has still feelings for Ung. 

3. Eomma and JiUng relationship is really complicated. JiUng has a quite sad past. That 'peach' thing is so heartbreaking. I don't know how to say this but I think a mother will not forget the allergies of her kids. 

4. Halmeoni's nagging of Choi Ung brought a positive result - Yeonsu was able to tell to Halmeoni that in fact she was the one abandoned and hurt Ung and she has still feelings with him. 

5. I think Choi Ung knew something about Ji Ung's hodden feelings after he watched the clips in editing room. 

Ohhhh,  we still have 6 eps left. I think there are still flashbacking and digging of stories in eps11-12. That lovey-dovey ain't to be realized yet. :rip:

On 1/2/2022 at 6:36 AM, YongZura⁷ said:

I wonder what is it that you are trying to hide in the spoiler? B)

hahaha, your chingu here didn't even know how to delete the spoiler so I just let it placed there,hahaha! 

That yellow couple shirt brings sweet and bitter memories to Ung.:sad1:

On 1/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, an-naum said:

Between Bad and Crazy vs Our Beloved Summer, i love this drama storyline better. But, I do prefer LDW than CWS. It feels like, all the cast and character from this drama is equally lovable. Ung parents love both his 'sons' and appreciate them. Positive relationships. They presented the present and flashback also great.

They also tackle the cyberbully issue: the bad netizen. NJ do need a friend who appreciates her unconditionally. 

We wish our OTP will solve their problem and happily ever after. I do wish KJU finds his true love soon. Its kind of sad to be always an observer. 

Welcome to OBS SF. All of your wishes, we would love also to happen. Yeah, especially for KJU coz being an observer is quite tiring and sad. Hope he has his own love interest to the end. :heartxoxo:

Spoiler

Have not started BandC so I couldn't join the convo in its forum but I do love Wookie. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Hi ya'll, coming here to get my quick fix of OBS while waiting for Monday. Just saw that clip of CWS promoting his new movie at Cultwo radio show and a fan actually posted question about OBS instead :lol: 

Anyway, this person straight up asked whether Woong-YS will get together and CWS being his usual flustered self started to stutter before finally saying he couldn't answer. But he did give us all hope when he said next week's episodes will be fun. :getmygrooveon:just a background for anyone who didn't know, before ep 8 aka the rain kiss aired, CWS actually posted that ep 8 will be the best episode on his account :D so we are all relying on CWS to not let us down now. 

A special mention on OST, my favourites so far are definitely by 10cm and BIBI. I'm also so pleased to know that Janet Suhh is contributing too. I discovered Janet Suhh through Psycho but it's OK drama and think her voice is just suitable for this drama. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

3 Reasons Why Viewers Can’t Get Enough Of Choi Woo Shik And Kim Da Mi In “Our Beloved Summer”

by C. Hong

Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi’s storyline is keeping viewers immersed in SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Our Beloved Summer.”

Did I miss this? There are two songs for Part 6 by Janet Suhh. 

Credit to the owner

• Like 2

Ep.11 He has made a confession.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Da Mi And Noh Jung Ui Share A Tense Confrontation In “Our Beloved Summer”

our-beloved-summer.jpeg

Can't wait to see the continuation of the story.  

p.s

@haruhi17Thank you for always giving a response.  Not to take over the thread :getmygrooveon:, I was restless waiting for the next episode so whenever I found something related, I can't help but to share it here.

Credit to the owner

• Like 2

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

Looks like everyone from the team to the characters got the memo about picking up steam as it is already episode no.11.

The conversations between JW, Woong and Yeonsu,NJ was well done.A realization of bowing out of the ring to compete for affections is better than dragging their feet about it.

Three cheers for our cupids- Grandma and the cute little dog for Woong to break the long spell of procastination.

The bickering sweethearts are back together for the 5th time. The difference-they have started to be honest about their feelings with each other.

As the past unravels hope team Yeonsu and Woong can remain unfrazzled and brave the storm together.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

The honest conversation between them and the epilogue ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ It’s heart breaking but also intimate and so so amazing to be able to have someone to open up to like that. They truly live in a world of their own. 

I think the whole episode was about stepping into each other’s shoes, understanding each other and feeling each other’s feelings. Him following her jujube path was like walking the same path and understanding her and her searching for him was a similar thing too. And they crossed an invisible line between them  and by the end of it he spoke his mind like usually she did inthe past and she used actions by kissing him like he used actions instead of words in the past. the way she kissed him was totally like putting into action the words ‘I will kiss your pain away’ .
They came a full circle.

And so their healing journey crossed an important threshold and freed some much needed space for a fresh start ♥️

• Like 5
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Raynaa said:

I think the whole episode was about stepping into each other’s shoes, understanding each other and feeling each other’s feelings. Him following her jujube path was like walking the same path and understanding her and her searching for him was a similar thing too. And they crossed an invisible line between them  and by the end of it he spoke his mind like usually she did inthe past and she used actions by kissing him like he used actions instead of words in the past. the way she kissed him was totally like putting into action the words ‘I will kiss your pain away’ .
They came a full circle.

I love the way you describe it.  How true. The moment he heard her grandma mentioned about the jujube tea and connected it with the jujube he found in his house, there was like an explosive of fireworks for me.  That started it plus the betrayal of the dog ha ha... he finally understand his own feeling.  

Great for YS also who took the initiative and told him the truth of not wanting to just be a friend.  I keep wanting to watch the scene of them together at that moment repeatedly.  (Both are really, really great actors that I forgot that they were acting)

FIzSpwoVkAA1Hcc?format=jpg&name=small

FIzSmo2UUAACPMl?format=jpg&name=small

I'm laughing and crying at the same time watching this interaction.  Credit to the translator who I found "accidentally" last night.

Credit to the owners

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

SBS’s “Our Beloved Summer” recorded an average nationwide rating of 4.2 percent for episode 11, similar to the rating of 4.3 percent for the previous episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/show-window-the-queens-house-remains-no-1-in-ratings-as-ghost-doctor-hits-a-new-personal-best/#ixzz7Hcju4XAF

• Like 2