[Drama 2022] ❤️ Bloody Heart ❤️ 붉은단심 ❤️

agenth

On 6/21/2022 at 9:34 AM, SJW said:

@Prettysup 

havent watched tonite ep but i dont think LT will die; based on the joseon monarch behavioral pattern, LT might sacrifice yoojung and kill PGW to get his power, if yoojung is not willing to forgive him and he might misunderstand that yoojung is working together with PGW to fight against him!

I havent watch the last 4 episodes.. i read that it is a happy ending...:D

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] ❤️ Bloody Heart ❤️ 붉은단심 ❤️
  • 2 weeks later...

"Bloody Heart" PD said, "The proportion of politics is 80 percent...Love story is short but impactful"

AKR20220702032200005_01_i_P4.jpg

Yoo Young-eun, the first time KBS director of a historical drama..."emphasis on emotional expression through symbolic directing"

King Lee Tae (Lee Joon) who secretly met his love once every full moon and Yoo Jeong (Kang Han-na), daughter of a traitor who does not know his identity. As soon as the couple face each other on the bridge, fireworks of falling flowers fly like cherry blossom petals.

Producer Yoo Young-eun of KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama "Bloody Heart," which was praised for its cinematic beauty and delicate directing, said, "I wanted the relationship between the two to be symbolic."

Producer Yoo, who recently met at the Yonhap News Agency building in Jongno-gu, Seoul, said, "The relationship between Yoo-jung and Lee Tae is beautiful, but at the same time precarious." I wanted to express the danger of the relationship heading for collapse when we learned the truth."

"Bloody Heart" depicts the process of political confrontation when the scarecrow king Lee Tae, who dreams of becoming an absolute monarch, begins to fight back against Park Gye-won (Jang Hyuk), the supreme power of Joseon and the head of anti-government.

Producer Yoo said, "If you look at the script, the proportion of politics was 80% and melodrama was 20%," she explained, "One of the biggest fun of the work is to flip the board and turn the table in an instant with more than expected tricks."

What distinguishes it from other political historical dramas is the subjectivity of female characters. Yoo-jung catches Park Gye-won's breath and makes him helpless, and Choi Ga-yeon (Park Ji-yeon) in contrast is not just Park Gye-won's helper, but also confronts him strongly as an independent politician.

PD Yoo said, "The scene where the two women confronted each other was an unfamiliar scene" and stressed, "The female characters moved to play Go on their own, not as stones on the board."

'Bloody Heart' revolves around the meticulous fights of the people in the palace, but the driving force for politics is the feelings of love embraced by the characters. In the drama, the love between Lee Tae and Yoo Jung, and that between Park Gye Won and Choi Ga Yeon is depicted.

PD Yoo said, "There was a sense of pressure to convey the love story in a short and bold manner due to the large proportion of politics in the story," adding, "In particular, we tried to create a symbolic change in the emotions and relationships of the characters."

She cited the scene where Park Gye-won fell into the water with Queen Dowager. “I captured this scene in slow motion using a high-speed camera. Falling into the water and facing each other is an instantaneous moment, but I wanted to show that it must have felt long for both of them who have hidden your feelings for each other for a long time."

PD Yoo added, "Queen Dowager was always waiting for Park Gye-won, but for Park Gye-won, the stability of Joseon was more important than her."

She also said that she worked hard to persuade viewers of Park Gye-won's misguided loyalty.

Park Gye-won is a character trapped in the trauma of his tyrant days, and he decided to build a holy army himself and did all sorts of bad deeds to achieve it.

Producer Yoo said, "It was important that Park Gye-won is not seen as a one-dimensional villain." She said, "I showed him making unexpected choices that a villain would not usually do, such as in scenes where he got angry with a kneeling Lee Tae, asking him 'How can you get down on your knees so easily?" 

Producer Yoo, who joined the company in 2018 with "Too Midday Love" and challenged her first historical drama, said, "Thanks to global OTT, Korean content has become an environment where overseas viewers can be easily met," adding, "One of the biggest goals was to capture the beauty of Joseon."

She added, "I hope that it will be conveyed to overseas viewers that Joseon was a beautiful era and that our ancestors had aesthetically high knowledge."

"It wasn't a clear happy ending, but it's about people who made the best choices in order to protect what they valued. I hope their faces and emotions remain in the viewers' hearts."

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20220702032200005?input=1195m

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, Prettysup said:

"Bloody Heart" PD said, "The proportion of politics is 80 percent...Love story is short but impactful"

Yoo Young-eun, the first time KBS director of a historical drama..."emphasis on emotional expression through symbolic directing"

King Lee Tae (Lee Joon) who secretly met his love once every full moon and Yoo Jeong (Kang Han-na), daughter of a traitor who does not know his identity. As soon as the couple face each other on the bridge, fireworks of falling flowers fly like cherry blossom petals.

Producer Yoo Young-eun of KBS 2TV's Monday-Tuesday drama "Bloody Heart," which was praised for its cinematic beauty and delicate directing, said, "I wanted the relationship between the two to be symbolic."

Producer Yoo, who recently met at the Yonhap News Agency building in Jongno-gu, Seoul, said, "The relationship between Yoo-jung and Lee Tae is beautiful, but at the same time precarious." I wanted to express the danger of the relationship heading for collapse when we learned the truth."

"Bloody Heart" depicts the process of political confrontation when the scarecrow king Lee Tae, who dreams of becoming an absolute monarch, begins to fight back against Park Gye-won (Jang Hyuk), the supreme power of Joseon and the head of anti-government.

Producer Yoo said, "If you look at the script, the proportion of politics was 80% and melodrama was 20%," she explained, "One of the biggest fun of the work is to flip the board and turn the table in an instant with more than expected tricks."

What distinguishes it from other political historical dramas is the subjectivity of female characters. Yoo-jung catches Park Gye-won's breath and makes him helpless, and Choi Ga-yeon (Park Ji-yeon) in contrast is not just Park Gye-won's helper, but also confronts him strongly as an independent politician.

PD Yoo said, "The scene where the two women confronted each other was an unfamiliar scene" and stressed, "The female characters moved to play Go on their own, not as stones on the board."

'Bloody Heart' revolves around the meticulous fights of the people in the palace, but the driving force for politics is the feelings of love embraced by the characters. In the drama, the love between Lee Tae and Yoo Jung, and that between Park Gye Won and Choi Ga Yeon is depicted.

PD Yoo said, "There was a sense of pressure to convey the love story in a short and bold manner due to the large proportion of politics in the story," adding, "In particular, we tried to create a symbolic change in the emotions and relationships of the characters."

She cited the scene where Park Gye-won fell into the water with Queen Dowager. “I captured this scene in slow motion using a high-speed camera. Falling into the water and facing each other is an instantaneous moment, but I wanted to show that it must have felt long for both of them who have hidden your feelings for each other for a long time."

PD Yoo added, "Queen Dowager was always waiting for Park Gye-won, but for Park Gye-won, the stability of Joseon was more important than her."

She also said that she worked hard to persuade viewers of Park Gye-won's misguided loyalty.

Park Gye-won is a character trapped in the trauma of his tyrant days, and he decided to build a holy army himself and did all sorts of bad deeds to achieve it.

Producer Yoo said, "It was important that Park Gye-won is not seen as a one-dimensional villain." She said, "I showed him making unexpected choices that a villain would not usually do, such as in scenes where he got angry with a kneeling Lee Tae, asking him 'How can you get down on your knees so easily?" 

Producer Yoo, who joined the company in 2018 with "Too Midday Love" and challenged her first historical drama, said, "Thanks to global OTT, Korean content has become an environment where overseas viewers can be easily met," adding, "One of the biggest goals was to capture the beauty of Joseon."

She added, "I hope that it will be conveyed to overseas viewers that Joseon was a beautiful era and that our ancestors had aesthetically high knowledge."

"It wasn't a clear happy ending, but it's about people who made the best choices in order to protect what they valued. I hope their faces and emotions remain in the viewers' hearts."

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20220702032200005?input=1195m

So basically it was romance drama or not ?

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!