[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

@namedxwhile i dont mind WYW getting a boyfriend, and see the sweet progress of their relationship in the drama, and i do understand viewers wanting to have a happy ending for this; so do i, i'm a sucker for happy endings dramas... bad ending dramas just depresses me....

regarding her and her dad, i just feel 26 years of educating her and being with her all the time, doesnt seemed to warrant more airtime, and those sacrifices are just being eroded so fast by an appreance of a new man whom she met a few months (maybe was it less?)... and all thoughts forgotten about the dad... she seemed like a rebellious child in that sense, a teenager who wants to explore new things and new boyfriend, just like any girls would do, perhaps... hence daring to say she wants to leave her dad....

We are glad that Junho is her soulmate for the drama, as we know...because they are the leads in the drama... but in different circumstances, how do we know any man is safe for wYw...

im equally shocked why she went to the illegal gambling den with that Shin guy without Junho!! Like alone????... why was she allowed to go alone?... thats crazy in my view... Attorney jeong  pls be responsible for wyw's safety... 

Talking about Attorney Jeong, Kang Kiyong, have always have  a soft spot for him since Whats wrong with secretary kim (WWWSK)... there and here, he is dressed so smartly and comedic.. his best style i believed...:D

Im glad to see the preview that wyw's dad is back in the scene and asking about her kiss... :foryou:

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

hmm, wonder if the production team is paving way for s2 through ep12! if there'll be a s2, it'll probably another major complex project dealing with human rights, labor force, environmental issues, etc! kinda worried about youngwoo and junho relationship! will youngwoo enjoy the freedom by herself more than having complicated adjustment by her standard to meet junho's expectation which is normal in a relationship? the poem by attny ryu is very interesting!!! she might be youngwoo's mentor in s2 if youngwoo does become a human rights lawyer. attny jung is sick, have been worried about him since early eps! just hope it's not some terminal illness and he'll still be healed!

am so glad that attny minwoo's evil scheme failed! youngwoo should bring this issue to attny jung and seek some advice! sure jung can figure out this is the work of minwoo!

ep13 is it about meeting junho's family??? the comment from a woman about "meeting a woman who makes you happy instead of a woman who needs your care" stirs up some insecurity feelings in youngwoo about her relationship. hope junho's unwavering love can help her get rid of those negative thoughts!

only 4 eps left and hope this drama will end on a happy note - nobody dies, evil-doers get their "penalty" which minwoo loves! happy ending might not be our kind of happy ending though! if youngwoo finds freedom without being in a relationship then that's a happy ending for her! i'll be very disappointed to see junho getting hurt and probably wont see him in s2! writer Moon, please dont write off junho in this drama series!!! keep their relationship going, junho has yet to meet youngwoo's dad! :Please:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I was hoping that Dad heard the convo between WYE and Junho... about their relationship status  but nope, he wasnt there, at the balcony... missed opportunity, to learn what his daughter think of  her relationship... haha... 

But am glad that Junho was actually  transparent and open about not being   comfortable to do all the 'date' list by WYW, as thats not what normal people do...  but he went because she likes those stuff... im glad thats mentioned, because really, ^normal^ couples wouldnt do that; but as relationships progressed, im sure such activites would be normal in the long run... 

While next episode will tackle the issue of Junho's parents, if right, concerns over who he dates... as any parents would, more so in a patriatic culture as korea... that is an important issue to bring forth, to be realistic as possible on society's concerns..

And yes, whats with ruling?.... it waz  clearly disciminatory but still unwinnable...  im sure in the USA, the case will be winnable...sigh...

Attorney Jung.. sigh..  coughing blood always means cancer right... :cold_sweat:... i hope he lives up to the end.. in ep16...sigh... you cant leave yet Mentor Jung!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Geez please not with the bad things happen to good people like seriously! Just why attorney Jung huh?! Why not Min Woo!!??!!

I'm glad that attorney Ryu looked out for Young Woo. Women should look out for each other, not tear each other apart.. 

A rather feminist, sisterhood oriented ep. It is a reality that women while we do contribute to the workforce are also considered a liability.. 

Probably the reason why South Korea suffers from such a low birth rate. And well, their men are patriarchal as heck! Young Woo is pretty forward ha-ha, she doesn't think she is in a serious relationship. Poor Jun Ho LoL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Poll Time

5caed5f6cb4159bf44acb572ffd920e5.png

What are your thoughts about this week's episodes? Let us know by voting and commenting. :glee:

Personally I loved the female attorney i.e. Ryu Jae Sook. Such an inspiration for Young Woo for sure. :love:

re: @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging: @backstreetboysfan @Latte_Anyday @SJW @realistic2280a @princess16 @Lunkera @larus @debbsthebee @LeftCoastOppa @namedx @nrllee @minglanfan2 @CarolynH @Gumiho @Ejj ng @K-dramafan22 @ilovenico @Yinye @TheQueenReturns @Rollito Deprimavera @alekaonu @Min Mcgonagall @lila21 @Newbie21SG @nona88

• Like 7
  • Love 3

The get to know dates when you are not dating is cute and funny.Teacher Junho giving context to the love life proceedings about enjoyment being equal for both parties involved.I am ready to protest outside Attorney Woo's office to defend Junho's right for getting the relationship status updated to officially a couple.

MinWoo's coming of age as a villain is progressing well.The Harry Osborne equivalance in Attorney Woo's universe.

No better invitees than Su Yeon and Young Woo at the after loss party. The 2 passionate rookie attorneys aka crusaders of justice without capes.

Next port of call for the love ship of Young Woo and Junho is meet the parents.The predicted weather is sunny skies for smooth sailing while chances of sudden storm remains.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Kwon Min Woo-:kicks: I hope this piece of RickRoll'D will get his comeuppance for being greedy jealous and unscrupulous- I hope the script won’t go and make him repent but make him lose his legal license to practise. Please be different from other dramas and don’t be predictable. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 12! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Ratings Climb Back Up As “Jinxed At First” Sees Boost For Finale

Both ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and KBS 2TV’s “Jinxed at First” saw their viewership ratings rise last night!

On August 4, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” continued its impressive streak as the most-watched miniseries of Thursday night. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the hit drama scored an average nationwide rating of 14.9 percent, marking a significant increase from the night before.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Ratings Climb Back Up As “Jinxed At First” Sees Boost For Finale | Soompi

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SJW said:

a funny article predicting the ending... :lol:! but i hope it'll come true!

Ooh, I read this one as well. I found it pretty awesome! Let's see if k-netz will get it right! :eatscookie:

7 hours ago, ilovenico said:

Kwon Min Woo- I hope this piece of RickRoll'D will get his comeuppance for being greedy jealous and unscrupulous- I hope the script won’t go and make him repent but make him lose his legal license to practise. Please be different from other dramas and don’t be predictable. 

Guess some bee stings and ant bites won't be enough for him, huh? :lol:  I really hope that karma exists just so that this guy can get what's coming for him.

How low can he still go?

14 hours ago, SJW said:

hmm, wonder if the production team is paving way for s2 through ep12!

I am thinking that it might be hard to do a season 2 now that Kang Tae Oh is enlisting. He's such a central character, and not sure how well it would do without him in it. :bawling:

14 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

And yes, whats with ruling?.... it waz  clearly disciminatory but still unwinnable...  im sure in the USA, the case will be winnable...sigh...

Yup, here in my part of Europe too. I was stunned that it was even discussed that it wasn't discriminating against women, let alone that it was ruled that it wasn't. :flushed:

Even the whole premise of letting go one of the spouses is unfair treatment based on personal circumstances. This would never fly here either. So this whole case was really mind boggling to me.

:crazily:

14 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

But am glad that Junho was actually  transparent and open about not being   comfortable to do all the 'date' list by WYW, as thats not what normal people do...  but he went because she likes those stuff... im glad thats mentioned, because really, ^normal^ couples wouldnt do that; but as relationships progressed, im sure such activites would be normal in the long run... 

5 hours ago, haruhi17 said:

I hope after Episode 12, it’s clear to WYW that she and LJH are dating. Lol. Poor guy, but I love that his frustrations doesn’t outweigh his care and love for her.

I am glad that this drama is bringing this aspect up because it's super realistic. It's common for people who date partners on the autism spectrum to have to learn how to adjust to their partner's way of thinking / acting. It's not always easy and not everyone learns to adjust. Both of their brains are just wired differently and there's nothing wrong with that. But it does take a lot of clear and concise communication and willingness to understand the other in order to make the relationship work.

It was good that Jun Ho was clear and communicated his feelings to Young Woo. She will want to get that feedback from him so that she can learn how to meet his needs too. It's not that the brain of a person on the autism spectrum changes - instead they learn from the feedback they get from people around them how to adjust their own behavior.

It's important to note, though, that BOTH have to compromise and be very open and clear with their communication in order to get it to work.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I hope for the ending she will open her law firm and be happy

So rumor says that maybe a season 2 and season 3, i just hope for some good plot if it's true, but lead actor will go to military service for almost 2 years. So maybe seson 2 wil take some time, with the  leads marries and face some case and prejudice and season 3 with children. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

dont agree that bgp kidnaps the children in this drama, but he boldly face the trial and doesnt want to get any reduction on the jailtime. the education system in sk and some other asian countries need to have a serious assessment. these kids are probably having depression and carrying it into their adulthood. dont know if this is true about the protests, but hopefully the korean parents and children will make positive changes to their parenting and education methods so that the children can breathe and enjoy a fun and balanced childhood!

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/koreans-demonstrating-new-law-extraordinary-attorney-woo-character-leading-charge/

@partyonif it took writer Moon about 2 years to work on s1, bet it'll be at least more than a year to work on s2! this is an extraordinary drama about asd, law and societal issues, and marine mammals! the project is so complex and writer Moon is such a detailed writer and pd Yoo is such a creative director so i think they can wait for KTO to return from his enlistment to start filming s2 if there'll be one! at the end of the day, per pd Yoo, it's about coordinating all the actors/actresses and filming schedules.

read somewhere that there'll be a public viewing for the final ep so it must be a happy/encouraging ending! dont think ena can handle rowdy viewers on site! :transforms:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I haven't finished ep 12 yet, so I probably shouldn't have voted on question 3.  Oh no, what's wrong with Atty Jung? :bawling:

Comments on ep 11.  I thought the white truck of doom was a bit of a cop out, but I guess that it had to come to a quick conclusion since each case ends with the episode.  I did think the case was interesting though.  At work, we some pool our money for the lottery.  If the money rolls over to the next game and not everyone plays again, how is the money divided?  I lost a little interest once the husband wanted to leave his wife

Back to Min woo-I see only one other person voted that Min Woo will redeem himself.  When he's with Junho, he's fine, a normal guy.  It's because he's jealous of WYW that he seems like a terrible person.  I think jealously brings out the worst in people.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

I haven't finished ep 12 yet, so I probably shouldn't have voted on question 3.  Oh no, what's wrong with Atty Jung? :bawling:

Oh no, chingu... :crybaby:

Comments on ep 11.  I thought the white truck of doom was a bit of a cop out, but I guess that it had to come to a quick conclusion since each case ends with the episode. 

I think this part might have been @LeftCoastOppa's favorite scene in the drama so far?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Back to Min woo-I see only one other person voted that Min Woo will redeem himself.  When he's with Junho, he's fine, a normal guy.  It's because he's jealous of WYW that he seems like a terrible person.  I think jealously brings out the worst in people.

Yes, I agree with you. I am still hoping that he will redeem himself. Seeing that he is not getting better, but getting worse it worrisome though.

The stuff he's been doing is dodgy and unethical - some of it might be even illegal. He surely deserves to be fired even if he redeems himself in the end.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I love the legal part of this drama… very well thought of. The romance part is a bit jarring though. I kind of think that there are more challenges to dating a person with ASD than this drama is letting on.

Spoiler

Jun Ho is lovable but it’s kind of questionable that he is too giving! Hope the next episodes show more of his frustrations like how it would happen in real life. I love his outburst! It definitely should have happened much earlier haha! 

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2