[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

I finished ep 6 last night.  I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.  I actually liked ep 5 more than 6, because WYW learned from her mistake.  I think that's good for character growth.  You know who I like?  WYW's father.  He's patient, understanding, and sacrificed a lot for his daughter.  I hope he gets a happy ending

• Like 4

Yes...curious about the circumstances of her birth and if really her mom is the head of Taesan was it... 

The dad studied law but never did get to practice; instead, make sushi restaurant for a living... its funny that WYW gave him, from her expensive dinner, sushi rolls; something he makes everyday and still getting it as a present from his daughter. Haha... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Quick Poll: Favourite Superheroes and Villains! :coolshades:

This is war! :cheers:

Hello everyone! We love our superheroes and hate the villains with vehemence. These characters have left an indelible mark on us. So, it's time to let the whole world know! Vote for your favourite superheroes and villains. Now!

Re:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Kang Tae Oh Visits The “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Mural + Shows Love For Park Eun Bin’s Character

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 18, 2022
by L. Kim

Kang Tae Oh shared adorable photos from his visit to the “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” mural!

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” tells the story of Woo Young Woo (played by Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions. Kang Tae Oh plays Lee Joon Ho, a popular employee at the law firm.

On July 17, Kang Tae Oh uploaded photos that he took next to the “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” mural located in the neighborhood of Seongsu. He mostly poses next to the drawings of Woo Young Woo, showing his affection for the character. In one photo, he has his hand on top of her head, and another photo shows him looking up at her as she rides a whale.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1536440wpp/kang-tae-oh-visits-the-extraordinary-attorney-woo-mural-shows-love-for-park-eun-bins-character

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Extraordinary Attorney Woo Bonus Clip: Park Eun-Bin Charms Us With Her Smile

July 18, 2022

One of the best gifts June has given us has to be the popular Kdrama Extraordinary Attorney Woo which has made us fall head over heels for a lawyer with her unique charm. And The Swoon took to their Youtube channel to share a clip of our lovely protagonist Woo Young-woo played by Park Eun-bin, to hit us with those charms once again. The 16 episodes series has already stolen our hearts in just 6 episodes and we can’t wait for what is to come next!

Coming back to the bonus clip released by The Swoon, after the heartbreaking scenes from episode 5 that brought Woo Young-woo to people who use the law to make personal gains, she is in her office feeling dejected. Taking down the picture that is a symbol of the injustice that she made possible, she notices the gift that was given to her by Lee Jun-ho (Kang Tae-oh). Curiosity gets her as she opens the present and finds a lamp which projects the ocean on her office ceiling.

The scene of the ocean that Lee Jun-ho brought right to her office fills her up with joy as she moves her hands along with the display and lights up the scene with a mesmerising smile. This scene soon caught the attention of fans as they can’t help but swoon over the fact that she didn’t throw away the gift. Also, Lee Jun-ho’s consideration of bringing her beloved ocean to her made this clip more heartwarming.

The episode that left most of us feeling sad for the dejected Woo Young-woo lit up after the release of this clip which helped our precious attorney move on with better memories. The new office makeover was definitely worth it and we can’t help but thank Lee Jun-ho for uplifting Woo Young-woo whenever she needs it.

The plot of Extraordinary Attorney Woo follows newbie attorney Woo Young-woo who is a genius on the autism spectrum, as she solves cases with her peculiar thinking and whom everyone comes to respect. The show releases new episodes every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:30 pm KST.

The show is very well received by the viewers and this is proved by Extraordinary Attorney Woo breaking its own record for the highest viewership rating achieved by any show on ENA. According to Nielsen Korea, the sixth episode of the show scored an average nationwide rating of 9.569 which helped it break its own record.

https://www.leisurebyte.com/extraordinary-attorney-woo-bonus-clip/

• Like 4

Director Behind “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Shares Thoughts On Drama’s Success And What To Look Forward To

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 18, 2022
by M. Kang

The director behind “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” gave a word of thanks for all the love the drama has been receiving as of late!

The ENA Wednesday-Thursday drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Despite the series being on a small cable network, its viewership ratings have been on a steady rise and reached 9.569 percent with its sixth episode. On July 18, director Yoo In Sik expressed his gratitude in an interview while sharing insights on the story to come.

He started off by saying, “I’m taken aback by the overwhelming response we’ve been getting that goes way beyond our expectations. I’m touched and grateful that people are connecting so strongly with this small story we’ve prepared.”

He continued, “I started off thinking that it’d be nice to make a drama that’s like a little garden where people can visit and take a break, but I feel like in an instant, it has turned into a field filled with blooming flowers. I’d like to think that our viewers already had much larger and richer fields in their hearts than we expected.”

He commented on the success of the show, saying, “I think the public already had a thirst for kindhearted stories and stories that capture the sentiment of minorities including individuals on the autism spectrum that was probably much bigger than the prejudice of people who make dramas. This is also something to be happy about.”

Just six episodes in, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” still has a long way to go. Yoo In Sik also shared what’s coming up, saying, “Young Woo still has many missions ahead of her. In the process of resolving them, she will face an existence that is like a large mountain to her. She will also experience the joys and sadness of love. However, she will still stumble her way through the problems while pursuing an answer to the question, ‘What makes a great lawyer?’ on her own. Please encourage Young Woo.”

The director also added some details on what to look forward to, such as “inventive dates Young Woo and Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh) go on, character development of [Young Woo’s] work family at Hanbada Law Firm, the stories of the past that Young Woo’s father has been keeping under wraps, and the interesting tips that Geurami (Joo Hyun Young) will throw at Young Woo.” Of course, he didn’t forget to mention Woo Young Woo’s favorites – whales! He said, “New whales that haven’t showed up yet will be making surprise appearances here and there, so please greet them warmly!”

Director Yoo In Sik wrapped up the interview by saying, “I’ll be grateful if viewers could love [‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’] until the end.”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 20 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1536417wpp/director-behind-extraordinary-attorney-woo-shares-thoughts-on-dramas-success-and-what-to-look-forward-to

• Like 7

Park Eun Bin And Kang Tae Oh Get Closer Than Ever In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 19, 2022
by L. Kim

Positive changes are coming for the “whale couple” of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions. Kang Tae Oh plays Lee Joon Ho, a popular employee at the law firm.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Woo Young Woo and Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung) zealously teamed up for a case and received enthusiastic support from the viewers. Furthermore, Lee Joon Ho confessed his feelings for Woo Young Woo when he was drunk, while Woo Young Woo experienced unfamiliar emotions after seeing Choi Su Yeon and Lee Joon Ho close together. These subtle changes in Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho’s relationship are causing viewers’ excitement to exponentially increase.

The newly released stills hint that Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho will get closer than ever, further amplifying anticipation for the upcoming episode. In the first few photos, the two characters are facing each other in the dimly lit office. Woo Young Woo seems to have made up her mind about something, and Lee Joon Ho gazes sweetly at her with a warm smile playing on his face.

More photos show a heart-fluttering moment between the two. Lee Joon Ho takes off his jacket and wraps it around Woo Young Woo, who clutches onto her hands tightly and remains rooted to her spot. Will Lee Joon Ho, who realized how he felt about Woo Young Woo, make a beeline for romance?

Kang-Tae-Oh-Park-Eun-Bin-2.jpg

In episode 7, Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho’s relationship will go through some decisive changes.The production team remarked, “There will be a decisive turning point in the relationship of Woo Young Woo, who began to feel unfamiliar emotions that she has never experienced before, and Lee Joon Ho, who had not been able to convey his true feelings to her.”

This episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 20 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1536585wpp/park-eun-bin-and-kang-tae-oh-get-closer-than-ever-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Park Eun Bin, Kang Ki Young, And More Go Against Their Rival Law Firm’s Queen Bee Jin Kyung In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 20, 2022
by L. Kim

An interesting court battle will ensue in “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

Previously, the lawyers of Hanbada Law Firm have been taking various cases, and the preview of the upcoming episode showed that they will be dealing with a lawsuit regarding the neighborhood of Sodeok.

The newly released stills preview the court battle between Hanbada Law Firm and Taesan Law Firm. In particular, Tae Su Mi of Taesan will make an appearance. Nicknamed “The King,” she overwhelms the court with her soft charisma and calm dignity. Her presence makes Hanbada’s rookie lawyers Woo Young Woo, Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung), and Kwon Min Woo (Joo Jong Hyuk) feel nervous, and Woo Young Woo looks at Tae Su Mi with eyes full of curiosity.

More photos show Woo Young Woo confidently going against Tae Su Mi and veteran attorney Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young) calmly defending their position. Why did Tae Su Mi step up to the plate, and what kind of extraordinary solution will Woo Young Woo come up with this time?

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-5.jpg

The production team shared, “Please pay attention to the story of the neighborhood of Sodeok to see whether Hanbada’s sincere and warm defense will beat Taesan’s strategy and if Woo Young Woo will be able to land a blow to Tae Su Mi, the king of Taesan.”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 20 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1536861wpp/park-eun-bin-kang-ki-young-and-more-go-against-their-rival-law-firms-queen-bee-jin-kyung-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 3

Gu Gwan-hwa x Lee Yoon-ji to make a special appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

013873e4218462.jpg

Actors Gu Gwan-hwa and Lee Yoon-ji make special appearances in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'. The strong loyalty of Namoo Actors shone.

On the 20th, Lee Yoon-ji's agency, Namoo Actors, said, "Lee Yun-ji will appear in the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' by tool." Gu Gwan-gwa and Lee Yoon-ji make a special appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'. [Photo = Reporter Jung So-hee]

The ENA channel drama 'Weird Lawyer Woo Young-woo' is a survival story of a large law firm that depicts the story of an eccentric and passionate lawyer Woo Young-woo (Park Eun-bin), who solves various cases and grows into a true lawyer.

Following Gu Gwan-hwa, who announced the special appearance earlier, Lee Yoon-ji will appear in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' to enrich the play. In particular, the two decided to make a special appearance to support shooting Eun-bin Park and Ki-young Kang, who are members of the same agency, so that they can confirm their extraordinary loyalty.

https://www.inews24.com/view/1502571

] 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' seen by lawyers

20220719104451975442.jpg

Netizens negative vs positive... The Autism Spectrum Divided by Woo Young-Woo

The drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo', which recently recorded an audience rating of 9.6%. As it stands at the center of the topic, the reaction to the drama is also divided.

Real netizens commented, “I’m afraid that people will misunderstand that all autism is portrayed as mild”, “I am upset that autism disorder has become a single product” and “She played autism well and reflects reality well”, It helps to understand the autism disorder.

So, how do lawyers view the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'? Lawyers Shin Myung-jin, Kim Ha-young, and Lim Joo-hye, who run a YouTube channel called 'My Neighbor's Lawyer' with 7650 subscribers, uploaded a review video for the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' on the 12th.

The lawyer next door said, "Unlike the dramas in which the lawyer is portrayed as a detective in the past dramas where the lawyer is the main character, Woo Young-woo is not like that."

In the review of episode 5, he explained, “In real life as a lawyer, there are definitely people like Kwon Mo-Sul-su (nickname Kwon Min-Woo in the play).

He said that the content of the drama is not just about pursuing political correctness (PC) or focusing on case resolution, but also makes you think about what qualities a good lawyer has.

We also focused on the message of ‘Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo’. In the drama, a good lawyer said that it was good to convey the message that “a person who does not empathize with emotions one-dimensionally, but provides a comprehensive solution by understanding exactly what the client needs.”

Lastly, he said that it is healing because it seems to read the worries of a lawyer while watching the drama through Woo Young-woo's honest emotional expression and high reality reflection ratio.

20220719160208758068.png

Writer Moon Yoo-seok, who was a judge and writer of the dramas 'Miss Hammurabi' and 'Demon Judge', posted a review of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' on his personal Instagram.

Writer Moon Yoo-seok said, "It's lovely and lovely. Long live Park Eun-bin," and about the other characters, he added, "I thought I was a geek, but surprisingly, the boss of a law firm who admits his mistake right away and apologizes is also lovely."

His affection for the drama was revealed once more on the 15th. In episode 6, when lawyer Jeong Myung-seok hurts his pride in front of his juniors, he said, "As hard as a billion-dollar case, how can it be called a public interest case!! He shows the least good intentions he can have." He explained that the virtue of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' is his simplicity.

Kim Min-joon, a lawyer at law firm Nike, said that he seemed to have seen a good drama in a long time and explained why he watched 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

He said, "I wonder if it was because 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' reminded me of the lawyer's initial intentions. I think many lawyers are getting the feeling that they are looking at their past through this drama." He added, "These days, many dramas and movies portray lawyers being too smart and cold, but this drama reminds me of my initial intention to do something only for the case and the client with a bright smile, even if it's not perfect."

https://www.ajunews.com/view/20220719103814403

• Like 4

I really love this drama ep 7 is another amazing development 

I will wait for everyone  to watch it  first 

But i have to say i like how thet making ever character normal there no evil and good only human being whose do right  sometimes and  do wrong too 

Joon ho is so in love 

Major spoiler  alert 

Spoiler

JH: Even without touching 

Your heart isnt beating fast?   even when we together ? 

That a shame !!

:fullofhearts:

It his way of saying that she maling his heart  going wild only by looking at her , so asked why she  she need to touch  to understanding 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

So, Episode 7 ...

- Min Woo being an epic (insert expletive designed to show extreme displeasure/dislike)!

- WTF is REALLY going on between CEO Han and Dad???

- That INFURIATING cut away from our leads in the office at the moment of truth ...

Anger GIFs | Tenor

... yeah that'll about cover it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, larus said:  He said, "I wonder if it was because 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' reminded me of the lawyer's initial intentions.  Why must it be reminded of lawyer's initial intentions. Why not brings back the lawyer's to their basic foundation or root of intention instead of being harden by their experiences.      

Edited by Paperx Atelier

I see a lot of negative comments about Minwoo, but the fact is we just have the story of FL being autistic, we are shown how she fights, how hard it is for others to accept her, how she reacts , how she works etc for Minwoo who works hard, we don't know his story, yes he is very jealous of her. i mean it looks like he's trying to hurt her
After that it's like that in reality your colleagues are not necessarily your friends.

Otherwise, I find his point of view of Minwoo interesting but also the point of view of the father of FL, on the one hand we have a guy who wants there to be no preference, after all it is a the strictest law firm and difficult to access, it's true that we can say WYW entered the company by connection but it's no real connection because her father doesn't ask specificialy CEO to recruit his daughter yet on the other hand she is a graduate of a large university, has always was first in her class, major of her promotion and was first with top marks of all her school, a real genius but because of her autism no one took her in the companies she applied for, Difficult for her to work with the gaze of society

I wonder what will happen with the post that Minwoo wrote, will there be internal investigations? Internet pressure? i want to see

• Like 7

Ep7; the drama of the show is really about simplicity of the lawyer thinking while she navigates the complexity of human interactions. I see bits of shadow from movie legally blonde..only in its brilliant simplicity in getting to the point of the argument. In real life, am sure court is more determined by the judges and jury which precedes the cases and their historical winning results. I am disillusioned by the complexity of cost and dateline and governing impact and ripple effects over the heart matter coz in any surroundings when a person is put in the equation, bias and past experiences precedes the heart and morality aspect. However it is a hopeful drama, a nice aperitif to end of the day.

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So, Episode 7 ...

- Min Woo being an epic!

- WTF is REALLY going on between CEO Han and Dad???

- That INFURIATING cut away from our leads in the office at the moment of truth ...

... yeah that'll about cover it.

I agree with you on all what you said. 

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2

I'm glad that MW was unsuccessful in bringing SY over to the dark side. While we still don't know MW's backstory, his resentment suggests that he came from humbler beginnings and had to work his way up. I might be wrong but I feel that it's probably not uncommon that people get in through connections in the legal industry (as it is with a lot of others). Plus YW is deserving of the job as she is extremely competent. It's not just about having eidetic memory (though that is obviously super helpful) but also her creativity in arguing cases. Her having connections helped others to overlook her autism as opposed to incompetence in typical nepotism cases. So while I get that MW is jealous and threatened, it doesn't really justify such harsh actions on his part as YW has definitely earned her spot in Hanbada. 

It's also refreshing to see SY is still rooting for YW even after 'losing' JH to her. I'm all for dramas with female leads that lift rather than tear each other down.   

• Like 8

I cannot believe some are actually defending Min Woo's actions! Like are y'all for real!? I get his frustrations but if Young Woo was a healthy human being as he is, Min Woo would still be bitter ok!? He is just trash through and through. I don't care what any of y'all think. How dare he act morally upright!? That's why people who share his mindset never make progress. They're too tunnel vision. Warped in their entitled and inflated ego world they live in. Ugh sorry for rant. I just met too many people like Min Woo LoL! 

Hot damn Jun Ho made my heart race when he backed Young Woo up against the couch LoL WoO babyyy~ he is just so sexxxxyyy ha-ha.. Fans self, it's getting hot in here LoL. Wonder what happened though?? They cut it to that frustrating scene with her dad after tsk.

So Hanbada CEO had an ulterior motive for hiring Young Woo. Mother and daughter met at court although neither know of each other's connection.. yet. 

Soo Yeon has certainly been a good bestie aside from Geu Ra Mi. I was afraid she was goin' to be as bad as Min Woo.. Good to know Jun Ho's feelings aren't temporary LoL. 

• Like 6

As the show progresses it is endearing to see people around Young Woo go the extra mile to care for her like whales in a pod.Su Yeon,her best friend,Dad,JH never leave any opportunity to lend their helping hand or stand up for her.She is a lucky girl!

YoungWoo appreciates the thoughtfulness but would like them to take a step back from doing so on occasions.She is capable of fighting and finding unique solutions to tackle situations.

Shout out to Young Woo's dad.He is ready to face the gossip and consequences for taking Young Woo's mom head on.He doesn't care if the father daughter relationship lands in choppy waters. At least she would get an opportunity to prove autism doesn't hinder her ability to be a good lawyer.

Young Woo needed to check her romantic feelings so did the viewers without necessitating a blackout.Both were capable to handle the aftermath.Stating  in case the director had a doubt.

• Like 5