[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

Congratulations are in order to the entire "Extraordinary Attorney Young Woo" Team for garnering the highest ever viewership ratings. Recognition well deserved! Bravo.

I feel for Young Woo in this ep. As she learns more on the harsh realities of life & law. Min Woo is a major P.O.S.. Lord only knows what Geu Ra Mi sees in him ugh. He's handsome?! Girl PLEASE. Ya need to get your eyes checked if ya ask me.

And aw~Jun Ho was hurt to see Young Woo and wanted badly to comfort her but wasn't certain if it was right.. he truly does care for her. He's a keeper. The way he got payback for her by kicking Min Woo's @$$ at basketball ha-ha. Cute.

I teared up too when Young Woo gave Soo Yeon the nickname of Spring Sunshine. So it turns out Young Woo was abandoned by her mom who is none other than the CEO of Taesan. And she's 'bout to be the Minister of Justice as well. That'd be an interesting court showdown when both meet..

• Like 7

Another wonderful episode.Autists struggle with deceit and manipulation since they are poor at rescuing themselves from becoming a victim. It is an everyday challenge of learning to avoid the pitfalls and survive without putting oneself in a constant internal battle to emerge  mentally strong. Deceptions,lies are part and parcel of life but more challenging when you delve in the world of law.It is easier straightening out lines of bottles in a freezer,files on the desk...than people around you. They aren't bothered with doing the rightful thing always as it ain't helpful.

Min Woo has been a great teacher of life with law for Attorney Woo.Law is the strength around which her life is built.The sooner the weak links in it are addressed the better.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So it turns out Young Woo was abandoned by her mom who is none other than the CEO of Taesan. And she's 'bout to be the Minister of Justice as well. That'd be an interesting court showdown when both meet..

Indeed - Now that the show has pretty much given us this, I'm just hoping CEO Han is genuine, and not simply using Young Woo to try to take down the opposing CEO. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Indeed - Now that the show has pretty much given us this, I'm just hoping CEO Han is genuine, and not simply using Young Woo to try to take down the opposing CEO. 

That would be nice.But I think her immediate boss fills the slot of being the genuinely good superior.Ms.Han just couldn't let go the opportunity of cutting her unviersitymate and rival firm CEO's ambitious career flight.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

That would be nice.But I think her immediate boss fills the slot of being the genuinely good superior.Ms.Han just couldn't let go the opportunity of cutting her unviersitymate and rival firm CEO's ambitious career flight.

True - I just can't help hoping, even with only a few words Young-Woo's father looked taken by her. As harsh as it will be on Young-Woo finding out about her mother, I was just hoping the father won't be crushed too

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

True - I just can't help hoping, even with only a few words Young-Woo's father looked taken by her. As harsh as it will be on Young-Woo finding out about her mother, I was just hoping the father won't be crushed too

It would be a blow to both but they are veterans at coping with harsh realities and finding a space within it to exist well.I have faith in them.Hope the journey towards it is written and executed well.My expectations are climbing with every episode and keeping fingers crossed that they don't come crashing to the ground.

• Like 4

really like this attny minwoo the writer put there! as much as i find youngwoo adorable and want to shield her from the ugliness of this world, she has to learn how to deal with people like minwoo. there are always "minwoo" at our workplaces, and have to learn to deal with them. this is a lesson for youngwoo to define the standard as a "good" lawyer - "good" to seek the truth and to be accountable to her conscience, or "good" to defend the interest of her clients and to be accountable to them against her conscience. 

it's sad to see youngwoo crying with feelings of shame and guilt; but see that youngwoo is a strong character, the next thing she does is to frame up that letter on the wall to remind herself not to repeat the same mistake. so comforting!

if youngwoo has to learn a painful lesson like this one, think the writer might have a plot to let her find out about her mom! it'll be devastating but her character is not the only in kdrama that got abandoned by her parent. it'll be another growth process for youngwoo to overcome this pain. 

love the conversation between youngwoo and suyeon! suyeon doesnt even realize that she has been so kind and nice to youngwoo. she always struggles about being nice to youngwoo and i hope that she can be set free from this struggle and youngwoo can have a more sensible best friend in her life.  a different type of friend in addition to guerami! 

with the pace and the plots of this drama, wonder if it will still a seasonal series as planned!

• Like 4

Here is the soompi version *For Ratings for episode 5! :)*

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Sees 10x Increase In Ratings Within 5 Episodes

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has seen a major jump in ratings!

Airing on cable network ENA, episode 5 of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” on July 13 scored an average nationwide rating of 9.138 percent according to Nielsen Korea. This is nearly a 4 percent jump from the previous episode’s rating of 5.2 percent and 10 times the rating of 0.9 percent achieved by the first episode. The drama once again breaks its own record for the highest ratings in ENA history.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Sees 10x Increase In Ratings Within 5 Episodes | Soompi

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” In Talks For A U.S. Remake

ENA’s hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” may be getting a U.S. remake!

On July 14, JTBC News reported that “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has already been receiving proposals for remakes including one from the United States.

In response to the report, a representative of ASTORY, the production company behind the drama, shared, “We have received a proposal for a remake from the United States, and the production company is currently reviewing the offer.”

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. The drama depicts her struggles and successes as a lawyer as she uses her impressive memory and creative thought process to solve cases. In addition to Park Eun Bin, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” also stars Kang Tae Oh, Kang Ki Young, Ha Yun Kyung, and Joo Jong Hyuk. Recently, the drama saw a tenfold increase in ratings within five episodes, setting a personal best score of 9.138 percent in ratings.

Stay tuned for more updates!

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” In Talks For A U.S. Remake | Soompi

• Like 3

Started watching after i saw good reviews last week.... the autism theme grabbed me because my young niece has mild autism and i hope more dramas can show challanges of parents dealing with autistic children  and how the public should and be more kind to them

Congrats to the drama team :)

• Like 5

annyeongggg whale nation :blush:

really happy that eaw is become more merrier :rickroll:

am may not really familiar with law/autism matters but *just know a lil bit

so its interesting.

lets finish this whale journey whaleheartedly :heart:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Started watching after i saw good reviews last week.... the autism theme grabbed me because my young niece has mild autism and i hope more dramas can show challanges of parents dealing with autistic children  and how the public should and be more kind to them

Congrats to the drama team :)

Yeah this hit home for me to, One of my cousin's her oldest son has autism (Sorry forget what type) but he is so smart.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

A USA remake?? I'm not against it but I remember that for good doctor remake USA, they changed the trajectory of the story after they already had a lot of seasons, and at the beginning they even changed the love interest, it's especially this last point who pissed me off

• Like 3