[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

Watch: Park Eun Bin Slowly But Surely Adjusts To Her New Job In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 23, 2022
by L. Kim

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has shared an intriguing teaser ahead of its premiere!

The drama will tell the story of Woo Young Woo (played by Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

The newly released teaser begins with Woo Young Woo introducing herself to her new co-workers at the law firm Hanbada. With bold courage, she says, “Whether you read it forwards or backwards, my name is Woo Young Woo.” Then she randomly adds, “Goose, tomato, Swiss, Indian, shooting star,” which are words that are read the same forwards and backwards like her own name.

The employees at Hanbada stare at her in surprise, and there’s awkward silence in the air. Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young), a senior lawyer, comments, “That’s very entertaining,” but his straight face hints he’s not entertained at all. The caption hints, “An extraordinary lawyer has appeared!”

Woo Young Woo struggles to adjust to her new life, but fortunately, she meets the warm and friendly Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh). He sincerely tells her, “I want a lawyer like you to be on my side,” making drama fans look forward to their chemistry.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1532452wpp/watch-park-eun-bin-slowly-but-surely-adjusts-to-her-new-job-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo-teaser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Premiere Watch: Cafe Minamdang, Extraordinary Attorney Woo

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/PW_06272022.jpg

We made it through the June drama barrage, and this week we

eet our final two premieres of the month. From Seo In-gook to Park Eun-bin, I don’t know which one to grab first; too much excitement!

Extraordinary Attorney Woo

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/woo_pw.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday-Thursday
Broadcaster: ENA
Genre: Legal, human
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Another talented actor returns to the small screen — after recently playing a Joseon king in disguise, Park Eun-bin is back playing a rookie attorney navigating her way through her new job at a law firm. The adorability factor is through the roof in all the drama’s promo materials, and I’m hopeful we are getting a sweet and quirky and meaningful story here, instead of just a barrage of legal cases.

TL;DR: Park Eun-bin, legal drama, sweet and quirky, more mushroom hair but cuter

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/premiere-watch-cafe-minamdang-extraordinary-attorney-woo/

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우- Park Eun Bin & Kang Tae Oh- Wed. & Thu. 21:00- Premieres on June 29

Park Eun Bin Shares Tips On Not Becoming A Rude Adult, Thoughts On Playing A Genius On The Autism Spectrum, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 28, 2022
by M. Kang

Park Eun Bin tapped into undiscovered personas in a pictorial for Allure magazine!

The actress took a moment from her busy schedule to reflect on her life from handling multiple projects at once to what makes a “good” adult and the fears she’s aiming to overcome.

On the day of the interview, Park Eun Bin took a brief break from filming as Woo Young Woo for the upcoming drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and attended the press conference for the movie “The Witch: Part 2. The Other One,” for which she plays the role of Kyung Hee. However, during the interview, she said, “I’m not Kyung Hee nor Young Woo. I’m Park Eun Bin. Today, I was able to tap into a different side of me that I didn’t even know about through the photo shoot. I experienced the feeling of, ‘I guess I can pull off this kind of thing too.'”

park-eun-bin3.jpg

park-eun-bin31.jpg

When prompted to talk more about filming for her new drama, she said, “The shoot went on for longer than I expected yesterday, so I got home at 4 a.m. in the morning. I haven’t gotten any sleep in two days. I’ve never had more lines than I have for this one. Being on set is really fun. The role I have is also fun, and I’m energized, but I think there are more aspects that I need to take on alone. It’s not like someone else can memorize my lines or solve things for me.”

In both “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and “The Witch: Part 2. The Other One,” Park Eun Bin’s roles are kindhearted characters far from being villains. On this, the actress commented, “The pieces that have done well recently or the various roles that I get offered have a running theme. I think I often get offered characters that take the high road. It made me think that people see me as having a very upright image.”

As an actress who has been in the industry for a decade, Park Eun Bin also took some time to reflect on her journey and what adulthood means to her. For one, she stated that as a teen, she used to think that adults tended to be more rude than others her age. When asked to expand, she explained, “For example, adults were the ones that asked rude questions about life as a child actor. They were also the ones that worried unnecessarily. I used to get detrimental questions often. I would see careless adults and think to myself, ‘Just because you get old doesn’t mean you become a good adult.'”

She continued, “Honestly, I don’t think young people are truly young. They are all, according to their own age and world, living life and feeling everything. So if I can, I try not to give unwanted advice, although there are times I can’t help myself.”

When prompted to talk more about filming for her new drama, she said, “The shoot went on for longer than I expected yesterday, so I got home at 4 a.m. in the morning. I haven’t gotten any sleep in two days. I’ve never had more lines than I have for this one. Being on set is really fun. The role I have is also fun, and I’m energized, but I think there are more aspects that I need to take on alone. It’s not like someone else can memorize my lines or solve things for me.”

In both “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” and “The Witch: Part 2. The Other One,” Park Eun Bin’s roles are kindhearted characters far from being villains. On this, the actress commented, “The pieces that have done well recently or the various roles that I get offered have a running theme. I think I often get offered characters that take the high road. It made me think that people see me as having a very upright image.”

As an actress who has been in the industry for a decade, Park Eun Bin also took some time to reflect on her journey and what adulthood means to her. For one, she stated that as a teen, she used to think that adults tended to be more rude than others her age. When asked to expand, she explained, “For example, adults were the ones that asked rude questions about life as a child actor. They were also the ones that worried unnecessarily. I used to get detrimental questions often. I would see careless adults and think to myself, ‘Just because you get old doesn’t mean you become a good adult.'”

She continued, “Honestly, I don’t think young people are truly young. They are all, according to their own age and world, living life and feeling everything. So if I can, I try not to give unwanted advice, although there are times I can’t help myself.”

[...]

The interview transitioned into talking about Park Eun Bin’s latest work “Extraordinary Attorney Woo.” She explained that at first, she was worried about taking on the role. She said, “I was a bit afraid if I’d be able to pull it off without hurting or offending anyone.” She continued, “It’s my first genius-type character, and Young Woo is also on the autism spectrum. I think I thought about what is considered to be normal when taking on this role. What is it to be weird, what is it to be abnormal, and are normal people really normal?”

Wrapping up the interview, Park Eun Bin said, “I’ve seen about six episodes worth of the edited ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo.’ There’s an art to it. The director even said that although it’s a drama we filmed together and that he made, it’s still fun no matter how many times he watches it. Even the editor compared it to being ‘the vaccine of the era.’ It was so nice to have them say this, knowing that they’ve produced great works before. [It is great] to know that what I felt while reading the script wasn’t wrong and that the piece is headed in the right direction. Since I feel like I’m on a ship with a steadfast captain, I’m on an enjoyable voyage.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533034wpp/park-eun-bin-shares-tips-on-not-becoming-a-rude-adult-thoughts-on-playing-a-genius-on-the-autism-spectrum-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love this! Can't wait for more. In Park Eun Bin I trust LoL. I like how she's exploring diverse roles. Her character here is adorable. Love her interactions with Jun Ho and her workmates.

I was cheering her on during her first court case and was proud of her first victory. The sight of her father tearing up at court was just so sweet and heartwarming..

What a horrible husband. His wife is a saint for putting up with him. I held my breath whenever Young Woo speaks ha-ha 'cause she doesn't seem to stop for a moment while saying her lines.

Nice for a change to have a female lead with a disability. It has mostly been men in previous dramas. Getting the "The Good Doctor" vibes from this as well..

Thanks @larus for sharing that great Allure interview with Eun Bin and I totally agree with her when she said that most adults are rude LoL. I've had my experiences with them so I get what she's saying... Just because one is older don't always make one wiser.

• Like 3

love the first ep, very good flow and pace; didnt go into too much about her difficult childhood, probably bits and pieces incorporated in coming eps. think pd Yoo and writer Moon want to use a strong positive theme to present stories about autism. was a bit worried about this writer's first drama project, love her work on the movie! am amazed at her deep thought of a negative meaning of the name WYW, application of whale on her case, on her views about life overall... 

PEB never disappoints us with her acting. not only acting with eyes but also with her voice, her fingers, her whole body! pd Yoo's filming style on PEB makes a different and more attentive presentation on the character than other drama before. when the chief of the law firm showed up at his dad's restaurant, momentarily thought she might be WYW's mom but dont think that's the case!

hope a great success of this drama in both domestic and international market! PEB should get more recognition on her acting skill!

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우- Park Eun Bin & Kang Tae Oh- Wed. & Thu. 21:00

Had this been a movie it would earn accolades, I am not sure if this is getting noticed as much as it should. The first episode was comedy tragedy fun and very informative and uniquely quirky also Heartfelt.

Side Note : I know people expect everyone to treat Our main character WYW with care and respect but some characters reactions were expected, no body is perfect and it does take time to adapt. So as we should give benefit of doubt to a extraordinary person so should we let the seemingly Normal person adapt too...

Also is there a side story with her dad and the Law Firm's CEO Omo...Nepotism twist will lead to too much twist then....interesting..

• Like 2

Kang Tae Oh Is Stunned Speechless By A Breathtaking Park Eun Bin In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 30, 2022
by S. Nam

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared new stills of Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh!

The drama will tell the story of Woo Young Woo (played by Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions. Kang Tae Oh plays Lee Joon Ho, a popular employee at the law firm.

Spoilers

The newly released stills capture Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho working undercover together in order to gather information. When Woo Young Woo appears in front of Lee Joon Ho in a beautiful wedding dress, Lee Joon Ho can’t help but be captivated by her.

Kang-Tae-Oh.jpg

Park-Eun-Bin8.jpg

Spoiler

Kang-Tae-Oh-Park-Eun-Bin.jpg

The production team shared, “Please anticipate how Woo Young Woo, who has received what appears to be an impossible request, will unpredictably carry out [the task] and how she will resolve the case with a new outlook,” asking viewers to anticipate Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho’s teamwork.

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” airs on June 30 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533614wpp/kang-tae-oh-is-stunned-speechless-by-a-breathtaking-park-eun-bin-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actor Goo Kyo Hwan will make a cameo in drama Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

Gwan Gyo Koo, special appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'... acting with Park Eun-bin X Kang Tae-oh

BF.30487711.1.jpg

Actor Koo Gyo-hwa will make a special appearance in the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

As a result of the Ten Asia coverage on the 30th, he made a special appearance in the Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo', which was first aired on the ENA channel on the 29th.

https://www.hankyung.com/news/article/2022063076164

• Like 3

@madmad min it would definitely get more attention if it's aired on sbs as initailly planned. oh well...

read some articles about some people questioning PEB's acting out autism behavior. i personally would just appreciate this drama and learn to be empathetic towards people with disabilities. ASD is a developmental disorder, there might be some general behavior related to it but certainly no set behavior. parental nurturing, friendship and community support will make a significant impact on how they interact with others and integrate into the society. dont think we can compare to other autistic drama like good doctor. good doctor was abandoned when growing up. WYW is a character written with a high IQ and a passionate drive. she loves law and went through years of college education and definitely had to work on various school projects with other classmates. her dad doesnt talk with her with special care or attention! PEB did a lot of research for portraying this character. i dont know if she has nailed the role 100% but believe it has 90%. it's my humble opinion anyway!

very looking forward to see KGH and PEB in the same drama! their acting would intensify the drama!

• Like 1

Another great fun ep. I love how childlike and sassy Young Woo is. Her face just lights up at mention of whales LoL. The girl is oblivious to Jun Ho though.. I think he is developing feelings for her..

I have a sneaky suspicion that Jun Ho could be rich and his mother runs Taesang which is Hanbada's rival LoL. Don't think she'd be pleased to find out her son works for the enemy ha.

I didn't like that female attorney co-worker of Young Woo's tsk. Serve her right she got diarrhea runs eheheh.. I like that Korean dramas are highlighting more on same-sex relationships as well as disabilities etc.

Young Woo looked so gorgeous in her wedding dress. Her banter with attorney Jung is funny! Curious to know what connection mdm. ceo has with her dad..?

• Like 2

I haven’t been motivated to sign into the forum this past year and this new drama just kicked me into doing it! Goes to show how good it is!! And this is an understatement.  

While Park Eun Bin is not my favourite actress, watching her here has made me look at her with new eyes- she’s a darn good actress and I will be looking forward to all her further works! 

Love the legal cases of each new episode - so refreshing! Heartwarming too. I hope their ratings will break through the roof! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Another great fun ep. I love how childlike and sassy Young Woo is. Her face just lights up at mention of whales LoL. The girl is oblivious to Jun Ho though.. I think he is developing feelings for her..

I have a sneaky suspicion that Jun Ho could be rich and his mother runs Taesang which is Hanbada's rival LoL. Don't think she'd be pleased to find out her son works for the enemy ha.

I didn't like that female attorney co-worker of Young Woo's tsk. Serve her right she got diarrhea runs eheheh.. I like that Korean dramas are highlighting more on same-sex relationships as well as disabilities etc.

Young Woo looked so gorgeous in her wedding dress. Her banter with attorney Jung is funny! Curious to know what connection mdm. ceo has with her dad..?

Maybe he’s the son of TAESAN! 

• Like 1

Kang Tae Oh Explains What’s Difficult About His Role In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Why He Chose The Drama, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 1, 2022
by S. Cho

Kang Tae Oh has teamed up with Singles magazine for a lovely summer photo shoot as well as an interview about his new drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (played by Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Kang Tae Oh plays Lee Joon Ho, a popular employee at the law firm who works closely with Woo Young Woo. On why he chose this drama, Kang Tae Oh shared, “I think it’s right to describe [the drama] as warm and refreshing. When I first saw the script, I strongly felt that vibe so I thought I definitely wanted to work on it.”

Spoiler

Kang-Tae-Oh-1.jpeg

Despite his determination, Kang Tae Oh also elaborated on why this role was not necessarily an easy one. He shared, “Through only small gazes and reactions, I have to express my thoughts and mental support for Young Woo. Since it’s not a character I’m expressing through extravagant acting, it was harder. In order to convey a restrained image of what I had prepared, I worked hard to cut down [my expressions].”

Although it’s already been 10 years since Kang Tae Oh made his debut in the web drama “After School: Lucky or Not,” the actor humbly commented, “I still have to learn a lot from those around me.” Kang Tae Oh continued, “Regardless of how big the role is, I feel the same amount of weight and responsibility. On set, I always try to communicate with those around me. Finding solutions through discussions with the director or my co-stars is a meaningful experience.”

Kang-Tae-Oh-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kang-Tae-Oh-3.jpeg

You can see Kang Tae Oh’s full interview and pictorial in Singles magazine’s July issue. The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” airs on July 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1533784wpp/kang-tae-oh-explains-whats-difficult-about-his-role-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo-why-he-chose-the-drama-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Extraordinary Attorney Woo: Episodes 1-2

by Unit

WYW0102-00003.jpg

What’s better than an ordinary attorney? An extraordinary one! And that’s the perfect descriptor for our heroine, who sets out on this extraordinary journey to overcome prejudices and break stereotypes. So buckle up for the ride, people, we are going along with her.

EPISODES 1-2 WEECAP

Welcome to the world of our heroine WOO YOUNG-WOO (Park Eun-bin), and in this world, she’s the first-ever autistic attorney in Korea! Young-woo is a huge lover of whales, has a closet more organized than my life, and I love her already.

We meet her on her first day at the law firm Hanbada, and from the looks of it, no one was expecting the new hire to be on the spectrum. Except, of course, CEO HAN SEON-YOUNG (Baek Ji-won) – who was a college junior to Young-woo’s dad WOO KWANG-HO (Jeon Bae-Soo) – and fellow attorney CHOI SU-YEON (Ha Yoo-kyung) who was Young-woo’s law school classmate.

Young-woo’s first hurdle at work is the skepticism of her immediate boss, JUNG MYEONG-SEOK (Kang Ki-young), who immediately assigns her on a case to test out her skills. And Young-woo doesn’t exactly win herself brownie points with him when she pictures the evidence in the case (an iron) as a sperm whale, and launches into an impromptu seminar on sperm whales. Lol. I suspect this whale gag is going to be a running one, and I look forward to more

Anyway, back to our first case, the client is a woman in her seventies who is charged with attempted murder after hitting her irrationally jealous husband on the head with an iron. Young-woo recognizes the client as the wife of the landlord of her childhood home, who was always nice to her despite her husband’s semi-violent nature, and his erroneous insinuation of an affair between his wife and Young-woo’s dad.

Young-woo is told to get the client off on probation, but she states that the client should be gotten off for bodily harm rather than attempted murder. Her reason being that in future when the husband dies, the client won’t be able to inherit his pension or their house if she’s convicted of his attempted murder (as opposed to bodily harm).

Myeong-seok is quite impressed with her reasoning, and tells her to proceed with this. He also apologizes for his initial attitude towards her, and that’s just great because I don’t have it in me to dislike a Kang Ki-young character.

Still on the case, Young-woo is accompanied by attorney LEE JUN-HO (Kang Tae-oh) to visit the client at the hospital, and her husband explodes after learning that Young-woo is the daughter of their former tenant. Sigh. Am I a bad person if I wish the iron had hit him a little harder? The client also says she wishes she had killed her husband instead, but Young-woo is able to see past the client’s frustration to know that she actually cares about the husband.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/extraordinary-attorney-woo-episodes-1-2/

• Like 2