[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

I think we cant judge  mw yet  

Yeh he do a lot of mistakes  but it Cleary  he came from humble  background  cause this eager to prove himself  and this stage of competition  come from fighting for a long  time or complex  about himself  being not smart

but we also cant see his doing right. not just because  we love woo young but because  what he doing is wrong even if she was another person without  problems  , he simply  jealous of her great ability  , he cant stand that he losing  to her easily  and that she can do what they can't   in short and out of box way

To summarize  it what  SY  said to him was the most right he only want to find a reason to bully Woo young cause he  want 

He a simple hard worker person who jealous  of the genius  that apper in front of him suddenly, he just not aware of that and trying to make reasons for himself  to justify why to hate her 

But we not sure if he really the one who post that , maybe he change his mind but no matter  what he making mistakes and he will learn from paying the price  i just hope he learn  more early to be too late 

• Like 4

I love a supportive female character (Soo Yeon), it's so refreshing.  Meanwhile, I hardcore want to hit Min Woo. !!! What a jerk! Yes, I can see the logic of his bitterness, but dude, seriously, chill with the resentment and prejudice. What I want long term for him is to finally see Young Woo as an equal and a teammate, but right now all I want to do boot him out the door...

It's grossly unfair to Young Woo to be saddled with a nepotism charge when she honestly had no idea. Also, I hate her mom. Having serious flashbacks to when that same actress played Park Shin Hye's mom in Pinocchio. After all these years...she has definitely made an IMPACT. (I'm sure the actress herself is a lovely person! I speak of her characters and ability to play them so well.)

I think we will later see the results of that face to face "interview" in the office... It looked like it turned out well, and that WYW wanted a moment to think about it and let it sink in, but sadly the meddling of adults is ruining her moment.

It's a good drama. It's nice to get positive reactions from real-life Koreans working in or writing about the law field, too. Park Eun Bin is an amazing actress!

• Like 7

Not only prod. crew & actors of ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo on the rise, sponsored brand also said they have receive great increase on their sales. Company K shared lot of ppl looking for the T model glasses which is the trademark of JungMyungSeok (KangKiYoung)

"Because the drama receive hot response, number of contracts for the brands increasing. They will order more models . This is clear marketing effect"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, realistic2280a said:

Saw ep5... now while i like that Junho likes Lawyer Woo, however, is it too soon? Granted, its great that Lawyer Woo has a love line but not this early perhaps; Junho just ^fell^ for her when she was wearing a wedding dress... he is written as a nice guy; extremely nice, voluntering at special care homes hence his patience with Lawyer Woo... its nice and all, but is it too soon?... 

I think that they decided to forego the 'six months later' type that we have usually seen on other kdramas to show how much time has passed. 

I kinda got the idea when Atty. Jung said to Young Woo about being "together as a team for months" on ep 4 when they were at the cafeteria. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, realistic2280a said:

So no whale bingo moment in this case; im going to check out if sunflower picture really means wealth...  haha...

I like that her colleague (sorry forgot her name, while her male colleage was an RickRoll'D) was nice to her and when she described her; she feels so touched;  that Woo Young actually had that imprinted in her memory of her help when they were in law school together..... that's a great moment/scene in my view..  touching...:foryou:

I quite liked the scene between Su Yeon and Young Woo. Was nearly convinced that SY had ulterior motives, but she may be just frank/blunt about things, prolly due to being a lawyer. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I see a lot of negative comments about Minwoo, but the fact is we just have the story of FL being autistic, we are shown how she fights, how hard it is for others to accept her, how she reacts , how she works etc for Minwoo who works hard, we don't know his story, yes he is very jealous of her. i mean it looks like he's trying to hurt her
After that it's like that in reality your colleagues are not necessarily your friends.

Otherwise, I find his point of view of Minwoo interesting but also the point of view of the father of FL, on the one hand we have a guy who wants there to be no preference, after all it is a the strictest law firm and difficult to access, it's true that we can say WYW entered the company by connection but it's no real connection because her father doesn't ask specificialy CEO to recruit his daughter yet on the other hand she is a graduate of a large university, has always was first in her class, major of her promotion and was first with top marks of all her school, a real genius but because of her autism no one took her in the companies she applied for, Difficult for her to work with the gaze of society

I wonder what will happen with the post that Minwoo wrote, will there be internal investigations? Internet pressure? i want to see

As you said it can't be called a case of nepotism.CEO Han gave the job out of her own volition besides Young Woo has the best resume as a rookie recruit.Young Woo being good at law yet a klutz in managing the day to day affairs as a lawyer irks Min Woo.He is street smart and like Young Woo's schoolmates can easily put her at a disadvantage but fails to capitalize on it.

Life may be a tough struggle for a normal guy like MinWoo.It is tougher for Young Woo. Besides external struggles there is a constant internal battle to not get overwhelmed by sensory challenges and go on with daily life. I hope over the course of the drama he will realize that Young Woo's struggles may be equal or more than his and not resent her.

• Like 5

About the last scene  i dont want to disappoint my self before you my friends  but i think woo young run away from that scene :sweat_smile:

But that normal i dont think she can progress all this new feeling  fast , she just start to understand  what she feel called love  

I looking forward  to see this two learn to come together, as JH have to learn that when it come to woo young talking directly  and honesty is what he going to get and have to give and for woo younf she has to learn that things  isnt logic outcome when it come to love it going to be fan but sometimes painful  but they needed to overcome it to be together ( by the way woo young is comfortable  around jh to let her touch her when he help her she less when she with others)

By the way i understand  woo young father, it ture that it was going to be unfair  for woo young  no one was going to give her chance even  when she smart, have good grade  and good in the work itself, life is unfair sometimes  even the law give that rules to give chance by force to some people  cause they understand  without  law they never going to get chance. but i understand  woo young view too and i understand  others that see that it unfair she get things cause  her connect or disability  . It so deep  another thinking that this drama show us , can we fixs unfair with unfair? Is it right to do that to all the sides?? 

There no one right answer, but we  have to admit that it true that some people can never get a chance in normal way just because  disability, color and background  or more 

I like how this drama  deal with all this deep questions  without  forcing one answer or showing just one side of story, it hard and it not mathematic to get perfect  result  of each acting human do 

• Like 5

This Min Woo is so unreal....after all the cases that Young-woo managed to win with her ingenious ideas, he still thought she could not make it into the company on her own merits?  This hiring through connecting thinking of his is just so crappy to me....   This guy needs someone to wake him up!   She has all the required credentials(summa cum laude and near perfect score for the bar)  to qualify for the top law firms and if she was not hired, it was only due to the prejudice of her being autistic.  So based on these circumstances, by right, Young Woo has a right to sue these top law firms for biased hiring practices.   As a lawyer, I am so shocked with his unreasonable behaviour...   Tsk Tsk....:kicks:    Frankly, Young Woo has never expected any concessionary treatment for her condition before, all she wanted was to be able to use her knowledge as a lawyer to work for people.

Just to add, of course Min Woo has no case at all because Young Woo indeed got the job based on the CEO's own decision and nothing to do with her dad at all.  But I am still fuming mad at his blindness and narrow heart.  :smashes:         

Good thing there was this interesting tension moment between Junho and Young Woo to dissolve the bad taste of Min Woo....It's kinda of unreal how Junho can try to tease YoungWoo with those words, knowing she would have trouble catching his nuances... notti Junho!  :sparklyeyes:

I just found out yesterday that in US, there was an autistic person hired as a lawyer, Haley Moss.   So for the remake in USA, she could possibly be the lawyer and have her real story told about her job, interesting

• Like 8

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

About the last scene  i dont want to disappoint my self before you my friends  but i think woo young run away from that scene :sweat_smile:

Hehe, I think she didn't run away, if she had had that intention, she wouldn't have her eyes closed when he approached. LOL

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Continues Upward Streak In Ratings As “Eve” Stays Steady Ahead Of Finale

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is continuing to set extraordinary records!

According to Nielsen Korea, the July 20 broadcast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” garnered an average nationwide rating of 11.69 percent, which is a new personal best for the drama and another jump in ratings from its previous episode’s score of 9.569 percent.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Continues Upward Streak In Ratings As “Eve” Stays Steady Ahead Of Finale | Soompi

• Like 4

I guess to add to @marrez1’s point about MW, he believes WYW is getting preferential treatment because of her disability.  He explained that the cut off for recruitment had already passed and WYW didn’t adhere to the process every other able bodied lawyer had to undergo get the job.  Instead, WYW had already been through the usual process and had been turned down.  I am not saying what he did afterward was right (his not giving her the material beforehand in an earlier case was petty and small minded of him) but I can understand where he is coming from.   SY had a point too (thank goodness writer didn’t make her out to be the jealous conniving 2FL).  Her argument was that the process itself was discriminatory because it didn’t allow WYW to be judged on her merit.  All the recruiters saw was that second page of her resume (that she had autism) and that in itself precluded her from even getting to the interview stage.  

I get the feeling Lady CEO from Hanbada has her own agenda for hiring WYW.  On the surface it looked like she was keen to give WYW the benefit of the doubt after YW’s dad pleaded her case but I think she has a grudge against TaeSun’s CEO and is using WYW as a pawn in her master plan.  

• Like 5

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Eun Bin, Kang Ki Young, And More Go Out Of Their Comfort Zone To Win The Court Battle In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has released new stills from tonight’s episode!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

Hanbada Law Firm is currently up against Taesan Law Firm in a lawsuit involving the neighborhood of Sodeok. Woo Young Woo, Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young), Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung), and Kwon Min Woo (Joo Jong Hyuk) had to go against Taesan’s queen bee Tae Su Mi (Jin Kyung). Although it seemed like Tae Su Mi was winning, Woo Young Woo made the final punch in the end, even impressing the queen bee herself. However, the fight isn’t over yet, and the newly released stills show Team Hanbada’s efforts to win the court battle once and for all.

The photos capture the Hanbada attorneys stuck in sea of dancing people. Due to Taesan’s tricks, the lawyers have to launch a special mission, and they’ll have to go out of their comfort zones to do that. Woo Young Woo is struggling among the excited elderly people, and Choi Su Yeon looks equally befuddled. However, Jung Myung Seok is using a back scratcher as a mircrophone, and even the Tactician Kwon Min Woo will show his sociable side as he sweetly interacts with the elders.

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-6-768x2025.jp

The drama’s production team commented, “Team Hanbada will encounter unexpected variables and hurdles during the on-site inspection of Sodeok. Please look forward to finding out if they will be able to turn the crisis into an opportunity.” They also hinted that Woo Young Woo will experience various events that cause her to go through emotional changes and asked the viewers to anticipate how she’ll overcome them.

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 21 at 9 p.m. KST.

Park Eun Bin, Kang Ki Young, And More Go Out Of Their Comfort Zone To Win The Court Battle In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” | Soompi

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I get the feeling Lady CEO from Hanbada has her own agenda for hiring WYW.  On the surface it looked like she was keen to give WYW the benefit of the doubt after YW’s dad pleaded her case but I think she has a grudge against TaeSun’s CEO and is using WYW as a pawn in her master plan

Oh, she's definitely using her. I would like to know what her problem with TaeSun's CEO is though. 

I also wonder if YW already knows who her mother is...that'd be interesting.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Celebrating their success, ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo team is said currently looking for a vacation spot for their reward vacation for 7D6N. All the cast & crew will join, sans KangTaeOh due to personal sched.

Oh, that's a bit disappointing that he won't be able to join them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

I guess to add to @marrez1’s point about MW, he believes WYW is getting preferential treatment because of her disability.  He explained that the cut off for recruitment had already passed and WYW didn’t adhere to the process every other able bodied lawyer had to undergo get the job.  Instead, WYW had already been through the usual process and had been turned down.  I am not saying what he did afterward was right (his not giving her the material beforehand in an earlier case was petty and small minded of him) but I can understand where he is coming from.   SY had a point too (thank goodness writer didn’t make her out to be the jealous conniving 2FL).  Her argument was that the process itself was discriminatory because it didn’t allow WYW to be judged on her merit.  All the recruiters saw was that second page of her resume (that she had autism) and that in itself precluded her from even getting to the interview stage.  

I get the feeling Lady CEO from Hanbada has her own agenda for hiring WYW.  On the surface it looked like she was keen to give WYW the benefit of the doubt after YW’s dad pleaded her case but I think she has a grudge against TaeSun’s CEO and is using WYW as a pawn in her master plan.  

I agree they didn't  even give her the chane to be interviewed  like others which itself discrimination, but mw realized  how smart she is that thy he angry cause he want to prove himself  then come the genius  woo yoo who he can't even race aginst so he do all this stupid  and wrong things to attack  her ( i am not forgiving  him just explain  his view of things)

The  ceo have her agenda, the father  till the end  double  her even wheb she act innocent  cause he have his reason to think she hate the others CEO  to the point to try to use woo young to attack  her , the father  smart abd sure know more then us, but i hope she not that  evil  that she will stop and protect  woo young she seemike a good boss to others so i have hope 

Now about the other ceo the supposed  to be the  mother of woo young , if she the mother can i say how can she not even  know her daughter  name what about " the name look familiar!!!!"  Really i am not saying she have to recognize  her daughter from her name but completely  not be affect or remember  anything when someone  with her daughter  name show up special  that the name of woo young woo not ordinary  .

It seem she will try to take woo young to her company after seeing her talent  that ehy i hope the father  be honest and tell the full true to woo young, i dont want to see her away for few episodes  from the team,

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

Now about the other ceo the supposed  to be the  mother of woo young , if she the mother can i say how can she not even  know her daughter  name what about " the name look familiar!!!!"

Do we know when she left YW and her dad? Bc, let's say...if she gave the baby up after giving birth, maybe she has no clue?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Do we know when she left YW and her dad? Bc, let's say...if she gave the baby up after giving birth, maybe she has no clue?

Yeh leaving the child without  knowing her name i am not gaving any thought what her situation  back then maybe she didnt have choice but it has been more then 20 years she become  powerful  she could at least check  if her daughter  is okay even from distance   ,maybe she did but acting she dont know her we will wait to see 

• Like 1