[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

SBS/NETFLIX DRAMA 2922

UNUSUAL LAWYER WOO YOUNG WOO

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo.jpeg

Drama: Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo/Strange Lawyer/Extraordinary Attorney Woo

Hangul: 이상한 변호사 우영우

Genre: legal

Network: ENA channel, Netflix

Episodes: 16

Director: Yu In-Sik( Dr.Romantic, Vagabond, Mrs Cop, Incarnation of Money, History of the Salaryman, Giant)

Writer:Moon Ji Won (Innocent Witness)

Release Date: June 29, 2022- August 18, 2022

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:00

Production Company: A Story

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo” is a new drama about a 27-year-old lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduated at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school. However, she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Cast

Park Eun Bin as Woo Young Woo

Kang Tae Oh as Lee Jun Ho

Kang Ki Young as Jung Myung-seok

Jeon Bae-soo as Woo Gwang-ho (Woo Young-woo's father)

Baek Ji-won as Han Seon-yeong

Jin-Kyung  as Tae-Sumi

Joo Hyun-young as

Ha Yun-kyung as Choi Su-yeon

Joo Jong-hyuk as Kwon Min-woo

Lim Seong-jae as Kim Min-sik

Goo Kyo Hwan as (cameo)

Lee Yoon Ji as (cameo)

Character descriptions

Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) is about a 27-year-old woman with Asperger’s syndrome who becomes a lawyer at a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduated at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school. However, she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh) is an employee of Baekryong Law Firm. He is an attractive guy but doesn’t take advantage of his popularity and is always considerate of others. He helps Woo Young Woo out as they work to resolve various cases.

Posters

2022052732187368.jpg

Park-Eun-Bin1.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3

Park Eun Bin In Talks To Star In New Legal Drama

b7d61f9885a1476295190c667a148b63.jpeg?s=

Jul 9, 2021
by E. Cha

Park Eun Bin may be starring in a brand-new drama!

On July 9, Park Eun Bin’s agency Namoo Actors confirmed that the actress was considering an offer to star in the upcoming drama “Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo” (literal translation). The agency stated, “She is currently in talks to appear [in the drama], with a favorable outlook.”

“Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo” is a new drama about a 27-year-old lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduated at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school. However, she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Park Eun Bin is said to be in talks for the titular role of Woo Young Woo, whom viewers are certain to cheer on as they watch her inspiring story. While nothing has yet been confirmed, the drama is likely to air on SBS.

Are you excited to potentially see Park Eun Bin in this new drama?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478409wpp/park-eun-bin-in-talks-to-star-in-new-legal-drama

Park Eun Bin In Talks to Play a Lawyer with Asperger Syndrome in the Upcoming Series

by krishkim 3 months ago

Park Eun Bin drama

According to Sports Chosun, Park was cast to play the title role in Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo (literal title). It follows a 27-year-old woman with Asperger syndrome, Woo Young Woo, as she starts working as a lawyer in a large firm.

If she joins the project, Park will play Woo Young Woo, a new lawyer at a firm, Baekryong. Woo has autism spectrum disorder (ASD), previously called Asperger’s syndrome. With a high IQ of 164, outstanding memory, and creative thinking, Woo graduated from Korea’s best university at the top of her class. She is the smartest lawyer in Korea. However, the low EQ and lack of social skills are her weakness.

In response, Park’s agency Namoo Actors shared, “The actress is contemplating the offer.”

Now, Park is one of the hottest actresses in the industry. Just last year, she made back-to-back hits with Hot Stove League and Do you like Brahms? Not long ago, she finished filming the new film The Witch 2 and is currently working on KBS’s new series Affection.

Meanwhile, Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo will most likely be programmed as the new SBS series. The Dr. Romantic series director Yoo In Sik and screenwriter Moon Ji Won will join hands for the project.

Kang Tae Oh In Talks Along With Park Eun Bin For New Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 6, 2021
by D. Kim

Kang Tae Oh is working on selecting his next project!

On October 6, the actor’s agency Man of Creation shared, “Kang Tae Oh has received an offer to play the male lead Lee Jun Ho in the new SBS drama ‘Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo’ (literal title), and he is positively reviewing [the offer].”

“Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo” is about a 27-year-old with Asperger’s syndrome who becomes a lawyer at a major law firm. It was revealed back in July that Park Eun Bin is in talks to play the female lead Woo Young Woo.

Kang Tae Oh has been offered the role of Lee Jun Ho, an employee of Baekryong Law Firm. He is an attractive guy but doesn’t take advantage of his popularity and is always considerate of others. He helps Woo Young Woo out as they work to resolve various cases.

If he accepts the offer, this will be Kang Tae Oh’s first time playing the male lead in a miniseries. The actor has previously impressed with main roles in dramas including “Run On,” “Doom at Your Service,” “Short,” “My First First Love,” and more.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492105wpp/kang-tae-oh-in-talks-along-with-park-eun-bin-for-new-drama

• Like 4

Casting news

Actor Kang Ki-young joins the lead role in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

N24ZFHDFH72ZHMBHSWL5WF7JYI.jpg

On the October 7th, a representative from the entertainment industry told Sports Chosun, "Kang Ki-young has been selected as the lead role in the new SBS drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' (written by Moon Ji-won, directed by Yoo In-sik)." 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' is a drama about a 27-year-old woman with autism spectrum disorder, Woo Young-woo, who works as a lawyer for a large law firm.

Kang Ki-young takes on the role of Jung Myeong-seok, a mentor to Woo Young-woo and a senior lawyer at a law firm Baekryong. Jung Myeong-seok's life struggles to not live like his father. A character who does not resemble his father, who was his arrogance, but lives fiercely to repay the grace of his mother who raised him by himself. He became a trusted senior lawyer in his early 40s and said, 'I will not give consideration to people who cannot work because of a disability. Rather, I will teach you more rigorously!' He works as a boss who meets a strange subordinate, Woo Young-woo.

Park Eun-bin has already been appointed as Woo Young-woo, the main character, and Kang Tae-oh is preparing for Lee Jun-ho, an employee of Baekryong's song and dance team.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/10/07/BQBVFFA52KQNOT5RWMZCAB7I64/

• Like 3

Kang Tae-oh, the main character of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'...

2021100613142682851_1.jpg

Actor Kang Tae-oh has been cast as the male lead in the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

As a result of Star News coverage on the October 6th, Kang Tae-oh took on the role of Lee Jun-ho in the SBS new drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' (written by Moon Ji-won, directed by Yoo In-sik, produced by A-story).

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' is the story of a 27-year-old woman with autism spectrum disorder, Woo Young-woo, becoming a lawyer at a large law firm.

In the drama, Kang Tae-oh plays Lee Jun-ho, an employee of a law firm Baekryong. Although Lee Jun-ho possessed 'warm charm', he was not conscious of his popularity or took advantage of it, and he had a personality that puts others first. Unswayed by any temptation, Lee Jun-ho sets out to solve the case by helping Woo Young-woo, a strange lawyer who works a lot. In addition, Lee Jun-ho and Woo Young-woo will add fun to the viewers with his chemistry.

Kang Tae-oh, who takes on the role of Lee Jun-ho, is raising expectations that he will capture the hearts of viewers by exuding his unique handsome charm.

Kang Tae-oh established himself as a 'leading actor' through 'Chosun Rocco - Nokdujeon', 'Run On' and 'One day, destruction came through the front door of my house' . Therefore, we are looking forward to his performance in 'Mysterious Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

Meanwhile, Park Eun-bin is considering the role of Woo Young-woo, the female lead in 'Mysterious Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021100613142682851&MNS&pDepth=news&pDepth1=issue&pDepth2=exclusive

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A-Story sells airing rights for ‘Strange Lawyer Woo Young-Woo’ to Netflix

01.27861463.1.jpg

A Story (40,100 -19.07%) announced on the 25th that it had sold the broadcasting rights license for the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' to Netflix on the 25th.

The contract period is from this date to May 31, 2032.

The contract amount will be disclosed after the deadline set for the contract termination date has expired.

Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo is a 16-episode drama produced by A Story.

• Like 2

Park Eun Bin Confirmed To Star In Drama Kang Tae Oh Is In Talks For

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 29, 2021
by E. Cha

It’s official: Park Eun Bin will be starring in the upcoming drama “Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo” (literal translation)!

On October 29, it was confirmed that Park Eun Bin would be playing the titular role of Woo Young Woo in the new drama, which will tell the story of a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm.

Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school—but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Kang Tae Oh is currently in talks to star in the drama as male lead Lee Jun Ho, an attractive and thoughtful law firm employee.

Are you excited to potentially see Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh together in this new drama?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495855wpp/park-eun-bin-confirmed-to-star-in-drama-kang-tae-oh-is-in-talks-for

• Like 4

Park Eun-bin becomes Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo in new drama

by tccolb

202115381635466533_20211029092804371.jpg

With her current drama heading into its middle stretch, Park Eun-bin (The King’s Affection) has announced her next project: Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo. The drama takes a humanistic approach in exploring the legal sphere, with Park Eun-bin playing the titular character of Woo Young-woo.

In many areas of her education and law career, Woo Young-woo has excelled thanks to her high IQ and photographic memory. However, she struggles to relate to the people around her due to Asperger’s syndrome and a low EQ. When she starts to work at a large law firm, the story follows Woo Young-woo’s growth as she learns how to connect with others and turn her weaknesses into a strength.

I’ve been so impressed by Park Eun-bin since her performances in Secret Door and Age of Youth, and I really love how she continues to challenge herself by tackling different genres and roles. There’s not much to go by yet for this new drama, but I hope it’s a good character piece and that it’s treated with care.

Directing for the drama is PD Yoo In-shik (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2), and scripts will be penned by screenwriter Moon Ji-won (Innocent Witness).

Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo is currently still in the planning stages and is expected to release next year on several streaming platforms, including Netflix.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/park-eun-bin-becomes-strange-lawyer-woo-young-woo-in-new-drama/

• Like 3

The actor in the leading role looks like an actual attorney. I started to love this profession one year ago and watched different TV series about persons working as attorneys and lawyers. From time to time, I even think to get another high education and become an attorney. Last year, I had some problems and used some services of an attorney from swpdxlaw.com. I liked so much communicating with him. Most of all, I liked that he helped me deal with my problems and he was telling a lot of interesting facts about our juridical system.

Edited by philpulman

• 3 weeks later...
by lo_ve, November 29, 2021

According to media outlet SPOTVNews on November 29th, actress Jin Kyung will be added to the cast lineup of the upcoming Netflix original series "Weird Lawyer, Woo Young Woo." The drama will be the collaboration work of director Yoo In Shik ("Dr. Romantic") and writer Moon Ji Won ("Innocent Witness").  

"Weird Lawyer, Woo Young Woo" will depict the story of Woo Young Woo, a 27-year-old woman with a high IQ but low EQ. Woo Young Woo became a lawyer at a large law firm. 

Park Eun Bin will play the role of a person with autism spectrum disorder named Woo Young Woo. She graduated as a top student at Seoul National University's School of Economics and Seoul National University's Graduate School of Law.

There are still no details yet about the character that was offered to Jin Kyung.

Other cast members of the drama include Kang Tae Oh, Joo Hyun Young, and Kang Ki Young.

"Weird Lawyer, Woo Young Woo" will begin filming this November. It will premiere in the first half of 2022. It was also reported that the drama will be a seasonal one.

v4Ewg_2f.png

Jin Kyung is currently starring in the ongoing drama "Melancholia" with Im Soo Jung, Lee Do Hyun, Choi Dae Hoon, Jang Hyun Sung, and Byun Jung Soo. She also starred in the drama "L.U.C.A.: The Beginning" and movie "Hard Hit " this year. If Jin Kyung confirms her casting, this will be her first drama for the year. She will also appear in the upcoming film "Boys." 

The actress is known for appearing in the dramas "Dr. Romantic," "Homemade Love Story," "Untouchable," "Uncontrollably Fond," "Oh My Venus," "Pinocchio," "It's Okay, That's Love," "Good Doctor," "The Innocent Man," and more. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jin-kyung-in-talks-to-join-park-eun-bin-and-kang-tae-oh-in-weird-lawyer-woo-young-woo

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

the confidence and trust pd Yoo has in PEB to portray Woo Youngwoo! he was willing to wait a year for her to finish tka! And, PEB is as diligent as always, consulting a professor to portray this character! i dont think there will any serious romance in this drama though, probably similar to judge vs judge or ghost detective, or something like good doctor!

• Like 4

it wont be airing on sbs or other public broadcasting station, so no chance of daesang! the character is daesang worthy! thought the pd had a good relationship with sbs?! he will be producing romantic dr s3! so disappointed!!! :sad1:
what is sky channel?

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• 2 months later...

I have always loved watching TV shows or movies about legal drama. I have been a fan of them ever since I watched Suits, my all-time favorite show. I also like How to get away with murder, but it doesn't have the same vibe as Suits. I actually started to get interested in how law firms or law schools work after reading the articles on https://criminaldefense.com/service/medical-license-defense/. I have given becoming a lawyer some thought, but I don't think it's the right career path for me. I believe that watching lawyers do their thing on TV makes much more sense for me!

Edited by SueSanderson