[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

On 7/1/2022 at 8:51 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Episode 2 was another good episode.

Oh will our leads fall in love? :).

Oh that plot twist in the court.

I want romance between the leads, but I want that romance to be realistic. 'Cause it won't be easy for the ML

but well, it is obvious that the romance is not the main theme, but rather to see how the FL with her disability learns to follow in her work and her environment and to face the ostacles. Afterwards I think we will have some moments between the leads but nothing official between them

• Like 5

4 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I want romance between the leads, but I want that romance to be realistic. 'Cause it won't be easy for the ML

but well, it is obvious that the romance is not the main theme, but rather to see how the FL with her disability learns to follow in her work and her environment and to face the ostacles. Afterwards I think we will have some moments between the leads but nothing official between them

same! 

it reminds me of the good doctor in that way....

park eun bin did it again. A+ acting and great story. the writing is smooth as well. what a feast upon body, mind and soul. well done! 

me:  *drops all other dramas*

Drop The Mic GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I just watched the first 2 episodes and am really enjoying this delightful drama. Already among the new dramas now, I can feel this one will be my fav. Everything is so on point - the production, acting, and script.

PEB is soooo good - her voice is even different and I don’t see her as PEB but really YW. Re the romance, I don’t think it will be the main focus but a slow burn and I hope they handle it with care too. I have hope because of what YW said to her dad re the possibility of her marriage. Spot on! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Watched the first 2 episodes and I think PEB has nailed it again. I'm not sure if its cause YW might be on the lower end of the spectrum (vs say good doctor) or if its a function of her support system (possibly both) but I'm glad the show is trying to raise awareness of asd. 

I also love YW's friendship with Geurami. their little handshake/dab to YW ranting that it was a tiring first day at work and practicing objection together was adorable and heartwarming.

Hanbada ceo's relationship with YW dad is quite suspicious but I feel like it would be a bit cliché if she turned out to be her mom. Either way, it's a strong start and I'm looking forward to future episodes. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Yeah same I so agree, it has to be realistic and yeah the ML will not have a easy time. Yeah they you are right.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, marrez1 said:

yes the main theme of this drama is about WYW's growth to overcome challenges, obstacles in life. wonder if she will face betrayal or backstabbing at work from attorney kwon. the way he reacts whenever WYW solves the case is so different from attny choi. this is a seasonal series like romantic dr, so romance might happen in s2 or s3. hopefully, KTH will be able to commit to this project. prefer to see them developing their relationship over time in a realistic way!

• Like 2

Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, And More Work Passionately To Solve The Case In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 6, 2022
by S. Nam

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared new previews of the upcoming episode!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

The newly released stills give a sneak peek at the Hanbada Law Firm team tackling their next case. Their new client’s son, who is decked from head to toe in Pengsoo (penguin character) merchandise, is the defendant, and he is also on the autism spectrum. The team puts in effort to open up his heart so that they can hear a statement of what occurred at the time of the incident.

Park-Eun-Bin-3.jpg

In the stills, Woo Young Woo appears to be singing passionately into the mic, while Choi Soo Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung) tries to energize the atmosphere. Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young) hilariously looks ready to burst out into a rap performance at any time, raising anticipation for why they’re all taking turns with the mic.

Park-Eun-Bin-4.jpg

Spoiler

Kang-Ki-Young.jpeg

More photos also depict Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho (Kang Tae Oh) working to investigate the case. They look focused as if they have found a crucial clue, creating a serious but also heart-fluttering atmosphere.

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-5.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh-2.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh-Park-Eun-Bin-3.jpg

The upcoming episode will deal with a case in which the younger brother is accused of murdering his older brother. The production team shared, “With the appearance of a defendant who is on the autism spectrum, Woo Young Woo will undergo emotional changes. Please keep watch to see how Woo Young Woo will solve [this case].”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Woo Young Woo” airs on July 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1534380wpp/park-eun-bin-kang-tae-oh-and-more-work-passionately-to-solve-the-case-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 2

Hello Chingus. It has been one year and a half since my last post. But I should sign in again :)

OMO, this drama is daebak ! I liked PEB with Do You Like Brahms ; now I love her with EAW !

Really liked the relationships with the dad, JunHo, her team. The CGI are perfectly done, the whales are so cute :)

I don't think Hanbada's CEO is her mother but I think that Taesan's CEO could have been the first love of the Dad. And maybe, is she her biological mother ?

Let's pray for 5% ratings for episode 3 haha, it is so good

• Like 2

the ending scene in ep3 is so sad when WYW holds the resignation letter with the whale diving slowly into the deep sea! it's like the whale just wants to go into hiding. it's so heartbreaking to see WYW holding this sadness, hopeless emotion inside her. she has been used to discrimination and this time around she seems to give up, like "i cant do much about this situation"!

read somewhere that the rating for ep3 is 4.03%! Congrats! :highonflowers:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SJW said:

the ending scene in ep3 is so sad when WYW holds the resignation letter with the whale diving slowly into the deep sea! it's like the whale just wants to go into hiding. it's so heartbreaking to see WYW holding this sadness, hopeless emotion inside her. she has been used to discrimination and this time around she seems to give up, like "i cant do much about this situation"!

read somewhere that the rating for ep3 is 4.03%! Congrats! 

Yeah today's episode make me cry so much :( I hope she starts to fight again to be an Attorney again.

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Takes No. 1 With Big Boost In Ratings + “Jinxed At First” And “Eve” Follow Close Behind

Stiff competition continues amongst Wednesday-Thursday dramas!

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” was the No. 1 Wednesday-Thursday drama of the night, garnering an average nationwide rating of 4.032 percent for episode 3. This is a big jump in ratings from the scores of 0.948 percent and 1.805 percent achieved by the first two episodes.

The drama stars Park Eun Bin who plays Woo Young Woo, a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Kang Tae Oh co-stars as Lee Joon Ho, a popular employee at the law firm.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Takes No. 1 With Big Boost In Ratings + “Jinxed At First” And “Eve” Follow Close Behind | Soompi

46 minutes ago, SJW said:

@backstreetboysfanyes hopefully, wyw could feel the warmth, the kindness and genuine support from junho when he tells her that he wants to stand at her side, and has the courage to keep pursuing the thing she has passion for - the law! 

Yeah you can, you and he means it also.

• Like 1

I loved the 3rd episode.What a wonderful potrayal of the spectrum of autism.The whale adoring genius savant and the gentle client with a soft spot for the penguin character both stole my heart. Misunderstood,judged,loved, discriminated.Yet the kindness within them for fellow humans stays strong without prejudice.❤

The desire of parents to not smear the perfect neuro typical child's memory even after his death.They were even willing to allow the disabled child who tried to save his loving brother be labeled a murderer.

A perfect brother who studied medicine was selfish enough to take advantage of his loving disabled sibling for own comfort and traumatize him. The neurotypical world often laments on life being unfair. For many autists the concept of fairness in their life is nonexistent.

• Like 2

“Extraordinary Lawyer Woo” And Park Eun Bin Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 7, 2022
by E. Cha

ENA’s new drama “Extraordinary Lawyer Woo” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

In its first week on air, “Extraordinary Lawyer Woo” debuted at No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Extraordinary Lawyer Woo” top this week’s list of most buzzworthy dramas, but leading lady Park Eun Bin also entered the list of most buzzworthy cast members at No. 1.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fifth week of June are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  3. SBS “Why Her?”
  4. tvN “Eve”
  5. KBS2 “Café Minamdang”
  6. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  7. KBS2 “Jinxed at First
  8. tvN “Link”
  9. MBC “Doctor Lawyer”
  10. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Seo Ye Ji (“Eve”) 
  3. Seo Hyun Jin (“Why Her?”)
  4. Jung So Min (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  5. Yoo Sun (“Eve”)
  6. Lee Jae Wook (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  7. Cha Ye Ryun (“Gold Mask”)
  8. Seo In Guk (“Café Minamdang”)
  9. Park Byung Eun (“Eve”)
  10. Hwang In Yeop (“Why Her?”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1534497wpp/extraordinary-lawyer-woo-and-park-eun-bin-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Park Eun Bin And Kang Tae Oh Share A Heart-Fluttering Moment In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 7, 2022
by S. Nam

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared new stills of the upcoming episode!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

Previously, Woo Young Woo faced a wall of reality while taking on a sibling murder case in which the younger brother was accused of murdering his older brother. Due to the misunderstandings and prejudice in the world, Woo Young Woo left Hanbada Law Firm, stating, “I am not a lawyer who can help the defendant.”

In the newly released stills, however, Woo Young Woo returns to Hanbanda Law Firm once again, wearing an apron with the text, “Woo Young Woo Kimbab,” at the cafeteria. Her mentor Jung Myung Seok (Kang Ki Young), co-worker Choi Soo Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung), and close friend Dong Geurami (Joo Hyun Young) all appear nonchalant and unsurprised by Woo Young Woo’s appearance.

Park-Eun-Bin-11.jpg

Spoiler

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo.jpg

More stills also depict Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho (Kang Tae Oh) sharing a heart-fluttering moment as they stand facing each other in front of a beautiful beach sunset. Away from the law firm and courts, they spend some alone time together while exchanging warm gazes. Woo Young Woo looks shocked, while Lee Joon Ho is as affectionate as ever, making viewers wonder what they are talking about.

Park-Eun-Bin-Kang-Tae-Oh-3.jpg

Episode 4 will deal with the story of the three Dong siblings who are having a legal battle over the monetary compensation for land expropriation. Although Woo Young Woo declared that she will no longer work as a lawyer, viewers are curious to find out if the unfair story of Dong Geurami’s father will move her heart.

The production team shared, “Woo Young Woo’s ‘challenge’ of taking her first step into the unfamiliar world was beautiful in itself. She will continue to go beyond the challenge to mature and overcome [the hurdles] one step by step. Please keep watch to see how Woo Young Woo will jump over the wall of reality that lies in front of her.”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” airs on July 7 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1534564wpp/park-eun-bin-and-kang-tae-oh-share-a-heart-fluttering-moment-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

People are just so inherently mean I swear and this drama shows just how much I lose faith in humanity.

Thank goodness for Young Woo, she found a kindred spirit in Geu Ra Mi. Girl may not be smart but damn she has no filter ha-ha!

Love Young Woo at court and her clever clapbacks at the other condescending lawyer. Nice to see she's gaining confidence. I like how supportive Attorney Jung is of her it's really heartwarming..

Is that a love confession from Jun Ho??!! Oh my gosh Young Woo you lucky girl! Funny that Geu Ra Mi find attorney Kwon to be better looking. He like attorney Choi seem to be on edge around Young Woo.. hope they all can be good friends too without all the tension.

What is that remark made by that female CEO of Hanbada on Young Woo's resemblance to her mom?? Did she know her by some chance? Were they related? The way Jun Ho looks at Young Woo.. oh my heart.. the feels eheheh~

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

What is that remark made by that female CEO of Hanbada on Young Woo's resemblance to her mom?? Did she know her by some chance? Were they related? The way Jun Ho looks at Young Woo.. oh my heart.. the feels eheheh~

I am sure that Taesan's CEO Tae Soo Mi (played by Jin Kyng) is YW's mother. I think she got pregnant and did not want to keep the baby, the father decided to raise his daughter by himself. The 3 may have been in the same promo in Seoul National University and Law school.

The biological mother married a wealthy man and they have a boy (I think a teenager because he is playing on his computer) ? I am looking forward to seeing their first meeting...

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Sets New Record For Highest Ratings In ENA History

ENA’s new drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is making network history!

On July 7, the new series starring Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh soared to its highest ratings yet for its fourth episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent, making it the most-watched Wednesday-Thursday drama of the night.

With this latest figure, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has set a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any program in ENA history (drama or otherwise).

The drama also took first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.7 percent.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Sets New Record For Highest Ratings In ENA History | Soompi

• Like 2