[Drama 2022] Again My Life, 어게인 마이 라이프

larus

Just watched the first episode. Quite a refreshing take on a cocky yet naive prosecutor who think that he can take on Korea's most powerful politician, ruling even over the President and Chief Prosecutor.

A sudden turn of events when his witness got silenced and he himself was beaten to death by the villain's henchman. The prosecutor got a second lease of life and time jump back to 15 years back when he was a high-school students. The cliffhanger of the first episode is the hit-run that he wanted to prevent as it killed both his parents back then and perhaps now again.

This will be the usual 16 episodes long mini-series?

• Like 3

I might be biased, because time travel stories are my guilty pleasure since forever. I'm saying this, because I've watched the first episode and ended up with mixed feelings.

Pros. The fighting scene was enjoyable to watch, well choreographed and dynamic, showing a little of the main leads' personality. The work fo the prosecutor and the whole investigation was also decent, although a bit predictable. 

It's nice beginning, but it starts to get... weak in the middle and the ending wasn't as heartbreaking as it should.

Time travel stories are a tricky beast to tackle. Its biggest advantage is the knowledge and the desire to prevent a mistake already made, with devastating consequences. It's the core.  Historical stories with this trope are the best example, giving the most tension and potential hooks. Will the character be successful to change the past or will they end up at the same point as history books (or Wikipedia) predicted? 

This kind of promise of the uncertainty didn't worked here at all. It was written all over the place the ending of the episode, the motivation behind the travel is somewhat weak, if not forced to make fit the premise of the trope

Spoiler

(it probably would work better, if the was a naive guy who sidetracked and something went wrong or he thought it did and wants to fix it, or the morally grey prosecutor who once wanted to be good and... ended up loosing).

Here the prosecutor made a descent job, is honest yet somewhat naive and lost to a powerful adversary... Pretty regular plot, which would work even without the time travel element.  Nothing that create the urge to use unconventional methods. 

The technical side is good, the acting decent, but the plot... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Idylla Kaizokuagree with every point you wrote about. the storyline is not something refreshing or unique, it's quite predictable, even with the villain. think ep1 would get quite bored if without LJG's action scenes. was he being naive and ignorant knowing his boss might have some connection with the villain and he still acted like he got everything under control? he is not a rookie prosecutor! to me, writers and production companies these days need to be a bit more realistic and not restrict their plots in the old, outdated format, then the drama might not too predictable! 

• Like 4

Ep 2 was so good. 

The story unfolded unexpectedly in a good way.

HW's mother was worried after the incident and HW noticed that.

For a moment I thought Min Soo is from the future.  :unsure:

His parents were really surprised   :D

Hanmi - '' Lets grab a bite together''   :lol: that was hilarious

FP6pbMaacAAy0a3?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 5

maybe people should remember that this drama based on web novel, not original scenario and under the tag : fantasy

Most watchers already know the story since the novel (and webtoon) really popular. From the beginning they never promote this drama as : unpredictable.

And in fantasy genre, no logic.

For example,in real life, hee woo won't be able to win against 4. But since it's fictional, he gets to use those memories and defeat a whole gang of street scramblers in episode 1. Also, he didn't yet have a chance to actually train in his martial skills either - it looks good, but memories of how a move goes isn't enough, there needs to be some muscle power behind it, and he shouldn't have that in his younger body, yet.

We must accept it as a cheat and move on.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

“Our Blues” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than “Twenty Five, Twenty One” + “Again My Life” Rises For 2nd Episode

Apr 10, 2022
by E. Cha

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

After getting off to a solid start the night before, SBS’s new series “Again My Life” saw a rise in viewership for its second episode. The new fantasy revenge drama starring Lee Joon Gi earned an average nationwide rating of 6.4 percent for its latest broadcast.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, lydliem said:

And in fantasy genre, no logic.

Fantasy genre paired with mystery genre, which, in many cases, relays heavy on logic. 

4 hours ago, lydliem said:

For example,in real life, hee woo won't be able to win against 4.

I'm not talking about the degree of realistic outcome of the characters actions; narrative shortcuts are the integral part of any kind of  fiction (fantasy, drama, comedy, etc.).

The first episodes is lacking something more essential - an unique hook to get viewers attention and hold it (I'm concerned only with plot, and purposefully ignore other reasons to watch the drama). 

It doesn't make the drama less enjoyable or worth watching, if you're looking for something else or are ready to ignore the matter. 

• Like 2

I just watched ep 1 and it’s always so good to watch LJG (especially in a suit!!) - he doesn’t age like Jang Nara and I’ve always was liked his acting (he can do it all emotional scenes, action, comedy). Too soon to tell yet since ep 1 is the set-up and since I didn’t know anything going in- I didn’t realize this was a time travel drama. So it was a good surprise to me!  

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

• Like 1

Again-My-life-01.jpg

hai everyone. :D SBS's "Again My Life" is currently airing. :D the story still remains unpredictable since Kim Hee Woo will begin to change his own future by becoming well-versed in law, politics, real estate, etc. it's refreshing and satisfying plot, in addition to Lee Joon Gi, talented actors Kim Ji Eun, Jung Sang Hoon and Jae Kyung Ssi will heighten the quality of the drama. this squad will play a pivotal role in Kim Hee Woo getting revenge and fighting for justice. not to mention, unexpected twists will occur, making viewers unable to take their eyes off the screen. :D below, Lee Joon Gi as Kim Hee Woo, Again My Life (2022), episode one. :D

tumblr-42fc6b5d585b010d759d24bede1f711a-

tumblr-5e6b0c7aacf940c9a36fb1f55c9344e6-

Spoiler

tumblr-cdd955506668463a90a01653b58fc3c1-

tumblr-4cbe6f961cc29169da866543c992fd43-

tumblr-e35f4165729d13253c3813aa3dd86e34-

source

https://www.sbs.co.kr/m

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 4